Alaska Arsenic
Garden State Inquisitors
32 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Garden State Inquisitors

Garden State Inquisitors

Garden State Inquisitors (Mike) Empty
PostSubject: Garden State Inquisitors (Mike)   Garden State Inquisitors (Mike) EmptySun Mar 12, 2023 2:53 pm

Hello everyone, my name is Mike from New Jersey. I came here after seeing the post on the DLF forum and I'm hoping to be considered for a team in this league.

I've been playing fantasy football for 25 years (now I feel old), it began with just me and 7 other friends since we couldn't find anyone else that cared enough to try it out. That league continues on today and is the only re-draft that I play in these days.  I started playing dynasty about 12 years ago and never looked back.

Currently I'm in 4 dynasty leagues, 2 of those are IDP but none are contract leagues. One is also a C2C league that I just joined last year and I'm loving it, highly recommend that format.

Being a part of that league is a big reason why I was drawn to this one, the fact that you have to always be involved and on your toes makes fantasy football so much more fun. I'm always on the lookout for interesting and challenging concepts and this league checks all the boxes.

Although I'm from NJ I'm a Dolphins fan. My favorite players growing up were of course Marino but also Zach Thomas and I can't tell you how happy I am that he's finally getting into the HOF.

A few other things I'm interested in aside from football is hockey (Let's go Rangers), American history and fantasy/sci-fi novels. I'm currently reading the Mistborn novels by Brandon Sanderson and that's where my team name comes from. Garden State because I'm from New Jersey and Inquisitors are characters in the books (actually, Steel Inquisitors, but that was too long to fit).

I'm looking forward to getting involved and hopefully being considered to be an owner.
Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: Garden State Inquisitors (Mike)   Garden State Inquisitors (Mike) EmptySun Mar 12, 2023 2:56 pm

Welcome!

Garden State Inquisitors (Mike) Sigars18
Back to top Go down
Toontown Warlocks

Toontown Warlocks

PostSubject: Re: Garden State Inquisitors (Mike)   Garden State Inquisitors (Mike) EmptySun Mar 12, 2023 2:58 pm

Awesome Mike, Jump on in and let us get to know your thoughts on all the topics. We do have a bit of a process to get people into the teams, but patience is key so hopefully you just stay active and bare with the process.

This is definately the place to be for what you are looking for.

Garden State Inquisitors (Mike) Sigwar22
Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Garden State Inquisitors (Mike)   Garden State Inquisitors (Mike) EmptySun Mar 12, 2023 3:01 pm

Welcome Mike from New Jersey!

Garden State Inquisitors (Mike) Sigdop14
Back to top Go down
East Tennessee Badgers

East Tennessee Badgers

PostSubject: Re: Garden State Inquisitors (Mike)   Garden State Inquisitors (Mike) EmptySun Mar 12, 2023 3:15 pm

Welcome Mike. I'm glad you found us. We are tge best dynasty family around.

Be sure to read the Bylaws.

Garden State Inquisitors (Mike) Sigbad18
Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: Garden State Inquisitors (Mike)   Garden State Inquisitors (Mike) EmptySun Mar 12, 2023 3:19 pm

Welcome Mike! Glad you found us. Jump on into any threads that look interesting, and most importantly, LFGR!

Garden State Inquisitors (Mike) Sigjus14
Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Garden State Inquisitors (Mike)   Garden State Inquisitors (Mike) EmptySun Mar 12, 2023 3:37 pm

Welcome Aboard Mike!  Glad you found us.   vote yes

Garden State Inquisitors (Mike) Signig22
Back to top Go down
Windy City Blitz

Windy City Blitz

PostSubject: Re: Garden State Inquisitors (Mike)   Garden State Inquisitors (Mike) EmptySun Mar 12, 2023 4:08 pm

Hey Mike! Welcome to RW.

Garden State Inquisitors (Mike) Sigbli22
Back to top Go down
Pacific Puffins

Pacific Puffins

PostSubject: Re: Garden State Inquisitors (Mike)   Garden State Inquisitors (Mike) EmptySun Mar 12, 2023 4:21 pm

Welcome Mike!

Garden State Inquisitors (Mike) Sigpuf13
Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: Garden State Inquisitors (Mike)   Garden State Inquisitors (Mike) EmptySun Mar 12, 2023 4:34 pm

Garden State Inquisitors (Mike) Hi-mike

Garden State Inquisitors (Mike) Sigoys15
Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Garden State Inquisitors (Mike)   Garden State Inquisitors (Mike) EmptySun Mar 12, 2023 4:59 pm

welcome2

Welcome to the RW, Mike.

Garden State Inquisitors (Mike) Sigste15
Back to top Go down
Garden State Inquisitors

Garden State Inquisitors

PostSubject: Re: Garden State Inquisitors (Mike)   Garden State Inquisitors (Mike) EmptySun Mar 12, 2023 5:04 pm

Thanks for the welcome everyone, looking forward to this!

Garden State Inquisitors (Mike) Siginq10
Back to top Go down
London Legion

London Legion

PostSubject: Re: Garden State Inquisitors (Mike)   Garden State Inquisitors (Mike) EmptySun Mar 12, 2023 5:05 pm

Welcome to Rostwe Wars Mike

Jump into the forums, read the bylaws and make yourself at home

One of the onboarding team will be in contact soon to help get you started and guide you through the early stages.

Garden State Inquisitors (Mike) Sigleg14
Back to top Go down
Gainesville Gators

Gainesville Gators

PostSubject: Re: Garden State Inquisitors (Mike)   Garden State Inquisitors (Mike) EmptySun Mar 12, 2023 5:06 pm

Welcome Mike

Garden State Inquisitors (Mike) Siggat15
Back to top Go down
Australia Killer Koalas

Australia Killer Koalas

PostSubject: Re: Garden State Inquisitors (Mike)   Garden State Inquisitors (Mike) EmptySun Mar 12, 2023 5:14 pm

Welcome aboard Mike vote yes

Garden State Inquisitors (Mike) Sigkil18
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Garden State Inquisitors (Mike)   Garden State Inquisitors (Mike) EmptySun Mar 12, 2023 5:20 pm

Welcome, Mike!
Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Garden State Inquisitors (Mike)   Garden State Inquisitors (Mike) EmptySun Mar 12, 2023 5:28 pm

welcome!!!

cheer cheer cheer

Garden State Inquisitors (Mike) Siggoo18
Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Garden State Inquisitors (Mike)   Garden State Inquisitors (Mike) EmptySun Mar 12, 2023 5:29 pm

Welcome Mike. What part of NJ are you from?

Garden State Inquisitors (Mike) Sigpig15
Back to top Go down
Vegas Beach Tiger Sharks

Vegas Beach Tiger Sharks

PostSubject: Re: Garden State Inquisitors (Mike)   Garden State Inquisitors (Mike) EmptySun Mar 12, 2023 5:31 pm

Welcome, Mike! This is the best fantasy football league and community on earth. If you stick with us, I‘m sure you’ll agree once you get fully acclimated. 

As others have and will mention, reading the bylaws is key. Jump in and comment on any/all threads that interest you. Getting established as part of the community is at the heart of what makes someone a strong candidate to join us. Welcome! I look forward to connecting with you around the forum. 

(Oh and I’m a huge C2C fan. Who commishes the league you joined? That format is just a truckload of fun.)

Garden State Inquisitors (Mike) Sigtig14
Back to top Go down
Dallas Spurs

Dallas Spurs

PostSubject: Re: Garden State Inquisitors (Mike)   Garden State Inquisitors (Mike) EmptySun Mar 12, 2023 5:47 pm

Welcome Mike. This really is a great community, you will love it here.

Garden State Inquisitors (Mike) Sigspu14
Back to top Go down
Garden State Inquisitors

Garden State Inquisitors

PostSubject: Re: Garden State Inquisitors (Mike)   Garden State Inquisitors (Mike) EmptySun Mar 12, 2023 5:51 pm

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:

Hey Matt, I grew up in Bergen county and I've been in Morris county for about 8 years now. You from NJ?
Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Garden State Inquisitors (Mike)   Garden State Inquisitors (Mike) EmptySun Mar 12, 2023 6:11 pm

Garden State Inquisitors wrote:
Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:

Hey Matt, I grew up in Bergen county and I've been in Morris county for about 8 years now. You from NJ?

Nah I live in Philly but my wife grew up in south Jersey. We’ve eyed some of those suburbs on the NJ side as we’ve been thinking about where to go next.

Back to top Go down
Crystal Lake Counselors

Crystal Lake Counselors

PostSubject: Re: Garden State Inquisitors (Mike)   Garden State Inquisitors (Mike) EmptySun Mar 12, 2023 6:23 pm

Welcome Mike from New jersey!
Garden State Inquisitors (Mike) 2Q==
Back to top Go down
Garden State Inquisitors

Garden State Inquisitors

PostSubject: Re: Garden State Inquisitors (Mike)   Garden State Inquisitors (Mike) EmptySun Mar 12, 2023 6:28 pm

Vegas Beach Tiger Sharks wrote:
Welcome, Mike! This is the best fantasy football league and community on earth. If you stick with us, I‘m sure you’ll agree once you get fully acclimated. 

As others have and will mention, reading the bylaws is key. Jump in and comment on any/all threads that interest you. Getting established as part of the community is at the heart of what makes someone a strong candidate to join us. Welcome! I look forward to connecting with you around the forum.

(Oh and I’m a huge C2C fan. Who commishes the league you joined? That format is just a truckload of fun.)

Joe Roth is the commish, the league name is Trust the Process. Are you in a lot of C2C leagues? I'm still getting the hang of it going into year 2 but got pretty lucky for my first time.
Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Garden State Inquisitors (Mike)   Garden State Inquisitors (Mike) EmptySun Mar 12, 2023 6:30 pm

Also love the team name! Mistborn trilogy is great!

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Garden State Inquisitors (Mike)   Garden State Inquisitors (Mike) EmptySun Mar 12, 2023 6:45 pm

Welcome Mike. I see you are a Dolphins fan. What are your thoughts on the Ramsey trade today?

Garden State Inquisitors (Mike) Sigmay18
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Garden State Inquisitors (Mike)   Garden State Inquisitors (Mike) EmptySun Mar 12, 2023 7:13 pm

Vegas Beach Tiger Sharks wrote:

Joe Roth is the commish, the league name is Trust the Process. Are you in a lot of C2C leagues? I'm still getting the hang of it going into year 2 but got pretty lucky for my first time.

This year will be my first in a C2C league. I'm a huge college football fan so when I heard about it I had to get in one.
Back to top Go down
Garden State Inquisitors

Garden State Inquisitors

PostSubject: Re: Garden State Inquisitors (Mike)   Garden State Inquisitors (Mike) EmptySun Mar 12, 2023 7:16 pm

Indiana Mayhem wrote:
Welcome Mike.  I see you are a Dolphins fan.  What are your thoughts on the Ramsey trade today?

Loving it, I'm blown away by how little they had to give up and it addresses a major concern they had going into next season. Still have to make improvements to the O-Line (as always) and the running game but I think this is huge.

Garden State Inquisitors (Mike) Siginq10
Back to top Go down
Toontown Warlocks

Toontown Warlocks

PostSubject: Re: Garden State Inquisitors (Mike)   Garden State Inquisitors (Mike) EmptySun Mar 12, 2023 7:18 pm

Indiana Mayhem wrote:
Welcome Mike.  I see you are a Dolphins fan.  What are your thoughts on the Ramsey trade today?

Loving it, I'm blown away by how little they had to give up and it addresses a major concern they had going into next season. Still have to make improvements to the O-Line (as always) and the running game but I think this is huge.

So is Skylar Thompson the real deal, because Tua could be retired by week 4

Back to top Go down
Hatteras Bay Mad Goats

Hatteras Bay Mad Goats

PostSubject: Re: Garden State Inquisitors (Mike)   Garden State Inquisitors (Mike) EmptySun Mar 12, 2023 7:26 pm

Welcome man, glad you found us.

It’s been said numerous times already, but it’s the key to success - read the bylaws, and navigate thru the forum and get to know us. This place truly is different than every other league out there, in the bestest of ways.

Glad you found us

I’m death_from_above on those DLF boards cheers

Garden State Inquisitors (Mike) Sigmad16
Back to top Go down
Garden State Inquisitors

Garden State Inquisitors

PostSubject: Re: Garden State Inquisitors (Mike)   Garden State Inquisitors (Mike) EmptySun Mar 12, 2023 7:54 pm

I've been reading the bylaws, I have a feeling I'll be re-reading them over and over too laughing
Back to top Go down
Riverbank Raiders

Riverbank Raiders

PostSubject: Re: Garden State Inquisitors (Mike)   Garden State Inquisitors (Mike) EmptySun Mar 12, 2023 9:00 pm

Hi Mike. Welcome to Roster Wars. Feel free to comments on posts and get the conversation going

Garden State Inquisitors (Mike) Sigrai16
Back to top Go down
Crystal Lake Counselors

Crystal Lake Counselors

PostSubject: Re: Garden State Inquisitors (Mike)   Garden State Inquisitors (Mike) EmptySun Mar 12, 2023 9:05 pm

I've been reading the bylaws, I have a feeling I'll be re-reading them over and over too laughing
And then you'll re-read them over and over again lol

Garden State Inquisitors (Mike) Sigcou16
Back to top Go down
Toontown Warlocks

Toontown Warlocks

PostSubject: Re: Garden State Inquisitors (Mike)   Garden State Inquisitors (Mike) EmptySun Mar 12, 2023 10:22 pm

Hey Mike, you play any Fantasy Hockey?

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Garden State Inquisitors (Mike)   Garden State Inquisitors (Mike) EmptySun Mar 12, 2023 10:24 pm

Welcome to Roster Wars, Mike. As others have said, jump around the forum and get acclimated. We have a process here and it's not quick but your effort will pay off. Look forward to getting to know you better. cheers

Garden State Inquisitors (Mike) Sigete14
Back to top Go down
Toontown Warlocks

Toontown Warlocks

PostSubject: Re: Garden State Inquisitors (Mike)   Garden State Inquisitors (Mike) EmptySun Mar 12, 2023 10:50 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Welcome to Roster Wars, Mike.  As others have said, jump around the forum and get acclimated.  We have a process here and it's not quick but your effort will pay off. Look forward to getting to know you better. cheers
and if you are the 2nd worst team, you will get pink colors from the RWP

Back to top Go down
Crystal Lake Counselors

Crystal Lake Counselors

PostSubject: Re: Garden State Inquisitors (Mike)   Garden State Inquisitors (Mike) EmptyMon Mar 13, 2023 12:00 am

So that's why your colors changed......finally makes sense!

Garden State Inquisitors (Mike) Sigcou16
Back to top Go down
Toontown Warlocks

Toontown Warlocks

PostSubject: Re: Garden State Inquisitors (Mike)   Garden State Inquisitors (Mike) EmptyMon Mar 13, 2023 12:03 am

Crystal Lake Counselors wrote:
Yah but it's supposed to be the worst team in the futures and worst in the main league

Back to top Go down
Stellenbosch Saints

Stellenbosch Saints

PostSubject: Re: Garden State Inquisitors (Mike)   Garden State Inquisitors (Mike) EmptyMon Mar 13, 2023 3:13 am

Welcome mike! great name GSI!
Get stuck in, tell us more about you and your love for footy?

Garden State Inquisitors (Mike) Sigsai14
Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Garden State Inquisitors (Mike)   Garden State Inquisitors (Mike) EmptyMon Mar 13, 2023 4:35 am

And then you'll re-read them over and over again lol

I am still reading them.

Garden State Inquisitors (Mike) Sigmay18
Back to top Go down
Stellenbosch Saints

Stellenbosch Saints

PostSubject: Re: Garden State Inquisitors (Mike)   Garden State Inquisitors (Mike) EmptyMon Mar 13, 2023 4:37 am

navigating the forum, is really the most important thing you need to learn in the coming days.

just where things are, the forum is so well laid out and organised. It shouldn't be too difficult! enjoy! cheers

Garden State Inquisitors (Mike) Sigsai14
Back to top Go down
Garden State Inquisitors

Garden State Inquisitors

PostSubject: Re: Garden State Inquisitors (Mike)   Garden State Inquisitors (Mike) EmptyMon Mar 13, 2023 6:31 am

Toontown Warlocks wrote:
Hey Mike, you play any Fantasy Hockey?

No, I've tried it a couple times but just couldn't get into it the same way.
Back to top Go down
Michigan MungMen

Michigan MungMen

PostSubject: Re: Garden State Inquisitors (Mike)   Garden State Inquisitors (Mike) EmptyMon Mar 13, 2023 7:43 am

Welcome Mike! Glad you found Roster Wars.

I cooked through the Mistborn trilogy a couple of months ago. One of the best ending for a series I've ever read. Which book are you on now?

Garden State Inquisitors (Mike) Sigmun21
Back to top Go down
Garden State Inquisitors

Garden State Inquisitors

PostSubject: Re: Garden State Inquisitors (Mike)   Garden State Inquisitors (Mike) EmptyMon Mar 13, 2023 7:59 am

Michigan MungMen wrote:

I cooked through the Mistborn trilogy a couple of months ago. One of the best ending for a series I've ever read. Which book are you on now?

I'm near the end of Hero of Ages. I read the first trilogy when they first came out but wanted to re-read it before getting into the second set of Mistborn books and Stormlight. I'm glad I did because even though I remember how it ends I forgot basically everything else after Final Empire.
Back to top Go down
Michigan MungMen

Michigan MungMen

PostSubject: Re: Garden State Inquisitors (Mike)   Garden State Inquisitors (Mike) EmptyMon Mar 13, 2023 8:06 am

Michigan MungMen wrote:

I'm near the end of Hero of Ages. I read the first trilogy when they first came out but wanted to re-read it before getting into the second set of Mistborn books and Stormlight. I'm glad I did because even though I remember how it ends I forgot basically everything else after Final Empire.

I wish I could go back and reread blind. Such a satisfying last 150 pages in Hero of Ages. I started reading Elantris but I've stalled out. Gotta get back on the horse with that. I've got Warbreaker and Stormlight sitting in my office waiting to be read

Back to top Go down
Garden State Inquisitors

Garden State Inquisitors

PostSubject: Re: Garden State Inquisitors (Mike)   Garden State Inquisitors (Mike) EmptyMon Mar 13, 2023 8:23 am

Yeah even though I liked Elantris when it came out, in hindsight it's not really on the same level as his other stuff. Warbreaker is another great one, probably going to re-read that too before I finally get into Stormlight since there's supposed to be connections in a lot of these series.
Back to top Go down
Michigan MungMen

Michigan MungMen

PostSubject: Re: Garden State Inquisitors (Mike)   Garden State Inquisitors (Mike) EmptyMon Mar 13, 2023 8:26 am

Yeah even though I liked Elantris when it came out, in hindsight it's not really on the same level as his other stuff. Warbreaker is another great one, probably going to re-read that too before I finally get into Stormlight since there's supposed to be connections in a lot of these series.

I have one friend who has read them all and has put me on a good path within the Cosmere. Sounds like were doing it in the same order. My problem is I can't multitask watching shows, movies and reading and lately I've been lazy just watching TV. I just need to pick the book back up and the hook will set in.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Garden State Inquisitors (Mike)   Garden State Inquisitors (Mike) EmptyMon Mar 13, 2023 8:47 am

Press F5 on this page to put a face to the name. :)

Toontown Warlocks wrote:
Yah but it's supposed to be the worst team in the futures and worst in the main league

Tyler, that is exactly what you were. Let's not confuse new people because you have your own set of factors in your head. laughing

Garden State Inquisitors (Mike) Sigete14
Back to top Go down
Motor City Malachi Crunch

Motor City Malachi Crunch

PostSubject: Re: Garden State Inquisitors (Mike)   Garden State Inquisitors (Mike) EmptyMon Mar 13, 2023 10:04 am

Garden State Inquisitors (Mike) Sigmal19
Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Garden State Inquisitors (Mike)   Garden State Inquisitors (Mike) EmptyMon Mar 13, 2023 10:19 am

Hot damn, sorry for the late welcome Mike, but hope you enjoy RW!

Garden State Inquisitors (Mike) Sigtyr14
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Garden State Inquisitors (Mike)   Garden State Inquisitors (Mike) Empty

Back to top Go down

Garden State Inquisitors (Mike)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Bulletin Board :: Check In-
Jump to: