Nevada NightHawks
Honolulu Honu
37 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Honolulu Honu

Honolulu Honu

Honolulu Honu (Cassidy) Empty
PostSubject: Honolulu Honu (Cassidy)   Honolulu Honu (Cassidy) EmptySat Dec 10, 2022 1:49 am

Aloha Everybody! My name is Cassidy Dunsmore and I currently live in Newark, Delaware. Obviously, that's a far ways away from what my team name would suggest... I was born and raised in Honolulu, Hawaii and eventually found my way to the east coast. For those who might not know, Honu is the Hawaiian word for sea turtles and is a popular and important cultural icon among the islands. It is considered an 'aumakua, which is a sort of ancestral spirit that watches over and protects you and your family. Although I'm not Hawaiian (I'm half white half Chinese and almost went with 'Beijing Dragons'), I feel a deep connection and tie to my home state. The last step to make sense of my team name is I'm an English teacher and had to go with some alliteration, which ruled out the Beijing Dragons. So, Honolulu Honu it was... It's the first time I've had this name and I only came up with it after reading and learning all about Roster Wars. I already love it, so thank you guys for helping inspire a new alias!

After high school, I traveled to Pittsburgh to attend PITT where I received my undergraduate degree in English. I went to a nearby school to get my graduate degree in education. My wife is much smarter (no joke, she got a PhD from Carnegie Mellon University), prettier, and all around a better human than I am, so I followed her to Delaware when she got a fancy new engineering job. We recently had our first children (yes, plural). Twins! Which might be counterintuitive for someone to get into an incredibly intense and active community, but what I've found is that since becoming a dad I have had less time for literally everything except fantasy football. It's mobile. I can look at it during feeds, listen to podcasts changing or walking them, and am always immersed in FF now. Things that I used to love to do like cook, video games, working out, all the more 'full attention, active' things I don't have time anymore. All that's left is my fantasy football love, and it's the one thing I spend more time on now than before becoming a dad.

Whew. That's was a long winded first answer, but based on what I've read and seen so far, I think (and hope!) you all don't mind :D

My fantasy football experience. Well I actually just learned what fantasy football is from your guys' introduction video. It seems really cool, I'd like to try it out!

Just kidding.

I've been playing since middle school - and not to date myself, but that's mid 2000s... - so for about 18 years now. The longest running active league I am still a part of include all the braddahs from school. We are in our 15th year now (founded in 2008). We still try to get together to host a live draft every year. The best part is it is my only non-money league, yet somehow everyone cares about it the most because of the bragging rights and how much we care about the league. I now commish 2 leagues - 1 dynasty league with friends from Hawaii and college, where my two worlds have collided (I even brought the haoles, or white boys, to Hawaii for a trip last summer to meet all the braddahs!), and a C2C league with mostly college friends. I've never done a salary cap or IDP football league, but I do co-manage an intensive salary cap fantasy baseball league. Most of my leagues are on Sleeper now, but I also play on or have played on MFL, ESPN, Yahoo, and flea flicker, as well as (prior to moving to Delaware because state laws suck), playing DFS and gambling on DK, FanDuel, foxbet, and sugarhouse. I've also never done an IDP league, so seeing and learning about your salary/IDP sides of the community will all be new to me! It's also, despite the activeness of the community, probably the scariest part of the league. I love the engagement, the activity, all of that. I think to many that would be more daunting. But for me, immersing myself in salary and IDP is the biggest leap.

I'd love to be part of Roster Wars because of the engagement. I'm always looking at ways to get my leaguemates to be more engaged in our leagues, and from what I have seen, Roster Wars fosters the very best of those people. It is by far what appeals to me most, and the community/engagement alone really drew me here.

As far as time goes, I spend most of my free hours not being a dad/teacher on fantasy football. It is my most immersive hobby so I'd say at minimum, 10-30 hours a week not including time spent actually watching the games. It's a wide range of time spent right now because my life is a bit in flux and so some weeks, particularly if we're travelling, that time is cut down. For my dynasty league that I commish, my buddy and I often spend time gathering info and data and producing, like you guys have here, rundowns, stats, and podcasts on our league. It's something I love about Roster Wars - you guys all love to do that.

The memory/crazy story question is tough. I'd say my favorite memory is, during my most inactive fantasy football years (when I was a freshman-sophomore in college), I won my home league's championship. There's an ongoing joke that our home league's commissioner, who is a self-proclaimed guru and thinks he's the most knowledgeable of the bunch, in our 15 years STILL hasn't won the championship. While my inactive ass claimed a title against him in 2010. This league started off and ran as an 8 team league for a long time, and only recently expanded to a 10 team league. I know, I know, it's a dinky home league, but we're all passionate about it and love the competition against each other. And also love that our commish has never won.

Members of my other leagues would say one of two things:
1. Hopefully, and probably begrudgingly, that I run a thorough and engaging ship for our dynasty league. And that I love to dish out shit, but also am the first to take ANY heat from the entire league for my own misfires. i.e., I traded 3 1sts a couple years ago for Cam Akers, already an overpay at the time, and the guys will never let me live it down.
2. An (unsuccessful) productive struggle nut.

Anything else... I'm a Pittsburgh sports fan, so I love PITT, the Steelers, Pirates, and Penguins. In that order. I'm a massive Kenny Pickett believer, but otherwise my Pitt bias is typically in check. I'm 30 years old and have boy/girl twins. Now that I live in the Philadelphia suburbs, I'm slowly becoming an Eagles, 76ers, and Phillies fan, and definitely a Union fan. I will never root for the Flyers. I was in the University of Pittsburgh marching band from 2010-2014, where I met my now wife. We both played saxophone.

I'm joining with the hope of eventually becoming an owner, but in the mean time it seems like a great place to hang :)

Last edited by Minnesota Eternals on Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:32 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : added 'anything else' sports fandom section)
Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Honolulu Honu (Cassidy)   Honolulu Honu (Cassidy) EmptySat Dec 10, 2022 2:06 am

Welcome Aboard Cassidy.  Love the detailed intro.  vote yes  There's already a Dragons team in the league, so I'm diggin the Honu (sea turtles).   clap  This place will quickly become your #1 bookmarked site.  I just got home from work, was checking in here real quick, and excitedly saw somebody new had posted so just wanted to say hello before I call it a night.   laughing

welcome2

Honolulu Honu (Cassidy) Signig22
Back to top Go down
Honolulu Honu

Honolulu Honu

PostSubject: Re: Honolulu Honu (Cassidy)   Honolulu Honu (Cassidy) EmptySat Dec 10, 2022 2:11 am

Nevada NightHawks wrote:
Welcome Aboard Cassidy.  Love the detailed intro.  vote yes  There's already a Dragons team in the league, so I'm diggin the Honu (sea turtles).   clap  This place will quickly become your #1 bookmarked site.  I just got home from work, was checking in here real quick, and excitedly saw somebody new had posted so just wanted to say hello before I call it a night.   laughing

welcome2

Thanks man! Appreciate it. What do you do that your getting home so late? I'm up with the twins, waiting for them to fall back asleep... Zzz
Back to top Go down
Pacific Puffins

Pacific Puffins

PostSubject: Re: Honolulu Honu (Cassidy)   Honolulu Honu (Cassidy) EmptySat Dec 10, 2022 2:12 am

Welcome to Roster Wars, Cassidy!

Honolulu Honu (Cassidy) Sigpuf13
Back to top Go down
Honolulu Honu

Honolulu Honu

PostSubject: Re: Honolulu Honu (Cassidy)   Honolulu Honu (Cassidy) EmptySat Dec 10, 2022 2:13 am

Pacific Puffins wrote:

Thanks! Puffins are my favorite animal -- love the name dude.
Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Honolulu Honu (Cassidy)   Honolulu Honu (Cassidy) EmptySat Dec 10, 2022 2:18 am

Honolulu Honu wrote:
Nevada NightHawks wrote:

welcome2

Thanks man! Appreciate it. What do you do that your getting home so late? I'm up with the twins, waiting for them to fall back asleep... Zzz

I work for the school district here in Vegas, driving a truck delivering food to the schools.  Actually work day shift, but we're pretty short-handed so I tend to snag quite a bit of OT.  Enjoy your Zzzz's once the twins fall asleep.   sleep sleep sleep

Honolulu Honu (Cassidy) Signig22
Back to top Go down
Stellenbosch Saints

Stellenbosch Saints

PostSubject: Re: Honolulu Honu (Cassidy)   Honolulu Honu (Cassidy) EmptySat Dec 10, 2022 3:52 am

Welcome Cassidy! Awesome intro. Great to hear/read your story and man you are at an exciting stage jumping into the roster wars community!

You will love it! Get stuck into threads, show us your colours! And before you realise you might be part of the family!

Honolulu Honu (Cassidy) Sigsai14
Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Honolulu Honu (Cassidy)   Honolulu Honu (Cassidy) EmptySat Dec 10, 2022 4:49 am

Welcome, Cassidy!

Look around and jump into some other threads. Someone from the onboarding committee should be sending you an email at some point today.

I played Alto and Tenor!

Honolulu Honu (Cassidy) Sigdop14
Back to top Go down
Toontown Warlocks

Toontown Warlocks

PostSubject: Re: Honolulu Honu (Cassidy)   Honolulu Honu (Cassidy) EmptySat Dec 10, 2022 6:30 am

Welcome Cassidy, sounds like you got a lot going on in your life and will be a perfect fit for RW. 

I didn't play Alto and Tenor in high-school because I don't know what that is. I played Tessa, Shannon, Jaimie, Jill, Christa, Holly, etc.

Actually I'm Canadian, I played hockey.  I wouldn't like the Flyers either.

Pirates fan huh, how do you feel about Reynolds demands to be traded?

Honolulu Honu (Cassidy) Sigwar22
Back to top Go down
Latvia Unicorns

Latvia Unicorns

PostSubject: Re: Honolulu Honu (Cassidy)   Honolulu Honu (Cassidy) EmptySat Dec 10, 2022 6:37 am

Welcome Cassidy. I enjoyed reading your intro and learning about you. You have a good way with words which is unsurprising from an English teacher. Get stuck in. vote yes

Honolulu Honu (Cassidy) Siguni16
Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Honolulu Honu (Cassidy)   Honolulu Honu (Cassidy) EmptySat Dec 10, 2022 7:01 am

Welcome!

cheer

Honolulu Honu (Cassidy) Siggoo18
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Honolulu Honu (Cassidy)   Honolulu Honu (Cassidy) EmptySat Dec 10, 2022 7:29 am

Welcome Cassidy!

Love the team name. APPROVED.

Definitely sounds like you're wired like us so visit often and get acclimated to our place. Our process isn't a fast one but if you want to be here and are active, it's a matter of time.

As for being new to IDP and contracts, I feel safe saying from reading your intro that you'll get it quick. I've been playing this for over 10 years and still don't know that much about it. Pick up some here and there.

Where did you learn about us?

Honolulu Honu (Cassidy) Sigete14
Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: Honolulu Honu (Cassidy)   Honolulu Honu (Cassidy) EmptySat Dec 10, 2022 7:52 am

Honolulu Honu (Cassidy) Giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e4770tjzs5zjt3rrcaxqqqdm5zxahweype92jgmpi4e&rid=giphy

Honolulu Honu (Cassidy) Sigoys15
Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Honolulu Honu (Cassidy)   Honolulu Honu (Cassidy) EmptySat Dec 10, 2022 7:55 am

Welcome Cassidy! Great intro. Always cool to have another educator around.

Honolulu Honu (Cassidy) Sigpig15
Back to top Go down
Windy City Blitz

Windy City Blitz

PostSubject: Re: Honolulu Honu (Cassidy)   Honolulu Honu (Cassidy) EmptySat Dec 10, 2022 8:08 am

Weclome! Great intro.  Congrats on the twins and outkicking your coverage.

Honolulu Honu (Cassidy) Sigbli22
Back to top Go down
Coachella Tremors

Coachella Tremors

PostSubject: Re: Honolulu Honu (Cassidy)   Honolulu Honu (Cassidy) EmptySat Dec 10, 2022 8:38 am

Welcome to Roster Wars Cassidy. I also really enjoyed your introduction. Dive into the forum and bylaws and start seeing all our community is about. high five

Honolulu Honu (Cassidy) Sigtre15
Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: Honolulu Honu (Cassidy)   Honolulu Honu (Cassidy) EmptySat Dec 10, 2022 9:10 am

Welcome!

Alliteration cheers

Honolulu Honu (Cassidy) Sigars18
Back to top Go down
Honolulu Honu

Honolulu Honu

PostSubject: Re: Honolulu Honu (Cassidy)   Honolulu Honu (Cassidy) EmptySat Dec 10, 2022 9:31 am

Toontown Warlocks wrote:
Welcome Cassidy, sounds like you got a lot going on in your life and will be a perfect fit for RW. 

I didn't play Alto and Tenor in high-school because I don't know what that is. I played Tessa, Shannon, Jaimie, Jill, Christa, Holly, etc.

Actually I'm Canadian, I played hockey.  I wouldn't like the Flyers either.

Pirates fan huh, how do you feel about Reynolds demands to be traded?

Hah - I was just a band nerd in high school. Sounds like you were on the football (or hockey) team before retiring to the fantasy ranks lol.
Sucks to be a Pirates fan. Reynolds' demands are legitimate and I'm not upset with the dude at all. Organization is a dumpster fire and I'd look to get out, too. I'm hoping we actually give him a decent offer and don't insult him. At that point, the worst he can say is no. We got him in the Cutch trade a while back, so maybe we can get the next Reynolds if we move off of him, too...
Back to top Go down
Honolulu Honu

Honolulu Honu

PostSubject: Re: Honolulu Honu (Cassidy)   Honolulu Honu (Cassidy) EmptySat Dec 10, 2022 9:32 am

Alaska Arsenic wrote:
Welcome!

Alliteration cheers

Great team name! cheers
Back to top Go down
Honolulu Honu

Honolulu Honu

PostSubject: Re: Honolulu Honu (Cassidy)   Honolulu Honu (Cassidy) EmptySat Dec 10, 2022 9:33 am

Windy City Blitz wrote:
Weclome! Great intro.  Congrats on the twins and outkicking your coverage.

Outkicking is an understatement... whew. It's kicking my ass! Always look down at the two of them and think, damn, this would be so much easier with just one of you. lol
Back to top Go down
Honolulu Honu

Honolulu Honu

PostSubject: Re: Honolulu Honu (Cassidy)   Honolulu Honu (Cassidy) EmptySat Dec 10, 2022 9:33 am

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:

Nice! I used to teach high school but am currently teaching 6th grade English. I didn't think I would, but I love the middle schoolers way more than the high school kids.

What do you teach?
Back to top Go down
Honolulu Honu

Honolulu Honu

PostSubject: Re: Honolulu Honu (Cassidy)   Honolulu Honu (Cassidy) EmptySat Dec 10, 2022 9:35 am

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Welcome Cassidy!

Love the team name.  APPROVED.

Definitely sounds like you're wired like us so visit often and get acclimated to our place.  Our process isn't a fast one but if you want to be here and are active, it's a matter of time.

As for being new to IDP and contracts, I feel safe saying from reading your intro that you'll get it quick.  I've been playing this for over 10 years and still don't know that much about it. Pick up some here and there.

Not sure who "shacknado" is yet, but he posted in the Campus2Canton discord forum. Checked out the video and link, and I was suckered in!
Back to top Go down
Honolulu Honu

Honolulu Honu

PostSubject: Re: Honolulu Honu (Cassidy)   Honolulu Honu (Cassidy) EmptySat Dec 10, 2022 9:36 am

Latvia Unicorns wrote:
Welcome Cassidy. I enjoyed reading your intro and learning about you. You have a good way with words which is unsurprising from an English teacher. Get stuck in. vote yes

Really appreciate it, man. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Honolulu Honu

Honolulu Honu

PostSubject: Re: Honolulu Honu (Cassidy)   Honolulu Honu (Cassidy) EmptySat Dec 10, 2022 9:37 am

Maplewood Doppelgangers wrote:
Welcome, Cassidy!

Look around and jump into some other threads. Someone from the onboarding committee should be sending you an email at some point today.

I played Alto and Tenor!

Thanks - I got it!

I played alto mostly, but played 1 year in the marching band as a tenor to even up our numbers. Wife played the tenor.
Bigger is better, right? laughing
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Honolulu Honu (Cassidy)   Honolulu Honu (Cassidy) EmptySat Dec 10, 2022 9:52 am

Press F5 on this page to put a face to the name.

Shacknado is Vegas Beach Tiger Sharks. vote yes

Honolulu Honu (Cassidy) Sigete14
Back to top Go down
London Legion

London Legion

PostSubject: Re: Honolulu Honu (Cassidy)   Honolulu Honu (Cassidy) EmptySat Dec 10, 2022 10:11 am

Welcome to Roster Wars Cassidy !

Have a look around makes yourself comfortable.

Love the team name !

Honolulu Honu (Cassidy) Sigleg14
Back to top Go down
East Tennessee Badgers

East Tennessee Badgers

PostSubject: Re: Honolulu Honu (Cassidy)   Honolulu Honu (Cassidy) EmptySat Dec 10, 2022 10:13 am

Welcome to our great community at Roster Wars. So glad you found us.  vote yes

Honolulu Honu (Cassidy) Sigbad18
Back to top Go down
Hatteras Bay Mad Goats

Hatteras Bay Mad Goats

PostSubject: Re: Honolulu Honu (Cassidy)   Honolulu Honu (Cassidy) EmptySat Dec 10, 2022 10:38 am

And this is why we spend the time and effort.

You sir sound like you have found a home.

It can be overwhelming at first but the more doors you open the quicker this place becomes less scary. Welcome, glad you found us. Don't be afraid to ask any questions, and keep exploring around and commenting so we can keep getting to know you.

Excellent intro.

Honolulu Honu (Cassidy) Sigmad16
Back to top Go down
Vegas Beach Tiger Sharks

Vegas Beach Tiger Sharks

PostSubject: Re: Honolulu Honu (Cassidy)   Honolulu Honu (Cassidy) EmptySat Dec 10, 2022 10:56 am

Honolulu Honu wrote:
Welcome Cassidy!

Definitely sounds like you're wired like us so visit often and get acclimated to our place.  Our process isn't a fast one but if you want to be here and are active, it's a matter of time.

As for being new to IDP and contracts, I feel safe saying from reading your intro that you'll get it quick.  I've been playing this for over 10 years and still don't know that much about it. Pick up some here and there.

Not sure who "shacknado" is yet, but he posted in the Campus2Canton discord forum. Checked out the video and link, and I was suckered in!

Let's fucking GO, bro! I loved your intro on so many levels, Cassidy.

I also taught English for the first 7 years of my career, so I vibe with you there. (But after lucking into a sweet gig, I've taught Video & TV Production for the past 18 years, all at the high school level.)

And I love that you play C2C, as I'm passionate about that format, absolutely adore it. I commish a couple leagues with a bunch of the C2C guys (Felix, Austin, Matt, Alfred, Backous, and Colin) as well as Ray Garvin, Scott Connor, Cody Carpentier, and Shane Hallam, so those leagues are crazy competitive but a ton of fun to battle against a bunch of dudes who really know their shit.

As far as IDP and contracts, the first time I played either was my first season of Roster Wars in 2014. I was a little bit intimidated, but I knew this league was amazing, so I was determined to dive in and figure it out, and I'm so glad I did (and it wasn't too tough to pick things up). I returned to coaching high school football after that season and had to step away from the league, but I finally made my way back this past year, and it's the best move I've ever made in my FF career. This place is special in ways you'll appreciate more and more as you continue to hang with us and eventually (I'd certainly hope) play with us.

Jump in anywhere and everywhere. Get active and stay active, and great things will happen. I'm so happy that you made your way here. Welcome to the Honu! rock on

Honolulu Honu (Cassidy) Sigtig14
Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Honolulu Honu (Cassidy)   Honolulu Honu (Cassidy) EmptySat Dec 10, 2022 11:24 am

Honolulu Honu wrote:
Maplewood Doppelgangers wrote:
Welcome, Cassidy!

I played Alto and Tenor!

Thanks - I got it!

I played alto mostly, but played 1 year in the marching band as a tenor to even up our numbers. Wife played the tenor.
Bigger is better, right? laughing

I thought Tenor was a lot more fun! I had to play Bari for one graduation ceremony and hated it. Too low and too much squeeking!

Honolulu Honu (Cassidy) Sigdop14
Back to top Go down
Colorado Crusaders

Colorado Crusaders

PostSubject: Re: Honolulu Honu (Cassidy)   Honolulu Honu (Cassidy) EmptySat Dec 10, 2022 11:38 am

Honolulu Honu wrote:

I've been playing since middle school - and not to date myself, but that's mid 2000s... - so for about 18 years now.

Welcome Cassidy...but that's not dating yourself. wink

Watching this game as a kid (long before you were born), I realized just how unfair life was going to be...family were "original" first season, ticket holders/literal lifetime time Raider fan; so naturally, have hated PIT ever since: vote no Evil laugh
Honolulu Honu (Cassidy) FinishedInsecureAtlanticridleyturtle-size_restricted

Will try not to hold it against you...if you accept this as definitive evidence that Franco Harris DID NOT catch this ball cleanly. ref  
Honolulu Honu (Cassidy) ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi.makeagif.com%2Fmedia%2F8-04-2015%2FUNnKkR

Have fun on the forums, am sure you will enjoy your stay here at RW.
cheers

Honolulu Honu (Cassidy) Sigcru15
Back to top Go down
Riverbank Raiders

Riverbank Raiders

PostSubject: Re: Honolulu Honu (Cassidy)   Honolulu Honu (Cassidy) EmptySat Dec 10, 2022 11:47 am

Oaktown Malosos wrote:

Honolulu Honu wrote:

I've been playing since middle school - and not to date myself, but that's mid 2000s... - so for about 18 years now.

Watching this game as a kid (long before you were born), I realized just how unfair life was going to be...family were "original" first season, ticket holders/literal lifetime time Raider fan; so naturally, have hated PIT ever since: vote no  Evil laugh

Will try not to hold it against you...if you accept this as definitive evidence that Franco Harris DID NOT catch this ball cleanly. ref  
Honolulu Honu (Cassidy) ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi.makeagif.com%2Fmedia%2F8-04-2015%2FUNnKkR

cheers

100% Incompletion. No doubt
Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: Honolulu Honu (Cassidy)   Honolulu Honu (Cassidy) EmptySat Dec 10, 2022 11:48 am

Someone local(ish) to me and has a turtle in his name? Get this man a team!

Welcome Cassidy. Dive on in and make yourself at home!

Honolulu Honu (Cassidy) Sigjus14
Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Honolulu Honu (Cassidy)   Honolulu Honu (Cassidy) EmptySat Dec 10, 2022 11:53 am

Honolulu Honu (Cassidy) Giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47yb3b8kk2013dugusarl7iiawjrd2n2zuiax5cn7f&rid=giphy

Welcome to the RW Cassidy

Great intro, great choice in the Steelers, and even greater is that you found us.

Tell the tight fisted owner of the Pirates to trade Reynolds to the Jays.

Engage yourself here and enjoy. Best FF league bar none.

cheers

Honolulu Honu (Cassidy) Sigste15
Back to top Go down
Honolulu Honu

Honolulu Honu

PostSubject: Re: Honolulu Honu (Cassidy)   Honolulu Honu (Cassidy) EmptySat Dec 10, 2022 11:57 am

Vegas Beach Tiger Sharks wrote:
Honolulu Honu wrote:
Welcome Cassidy!

Let's fucking GO, bro! I loved your intro on so many levels, Cassidy.

I also taught English for the first 7 years of my career, so I vibe with you there. (But after lucking into a sweet gig, I've taught Video & TV Production for the past 18 years, all at the high school level.)

And I love that you play C2C, as I'm passionate about that format, absolutely adore it. I commish a couple leagues with a bunch of the C2C guys (Felix, Austin, Matt, Alfred, Backous, and Colin) as well as Ray Garvin, Scott Connor, Cody Carpentier, and Shane Hallam, so those leagues are crazy competitive but a ton of fun to battle against a bunch of dudes who really know their shit.

As far as IDP and contracts, the first time I played either was my first season of Roster Wars in 2014. I was a little bit intimidated, but I knew this league was amazing, so I was determined to dive in and figure it out, and I'm so glad I did (and it wasn't too tough to pick things up). I returned to coaching high school football after that season and had to step away from the league, but I finally made my way back this past year, and it's the best move I've ever made in my FF career. This place is special in ways you'll appreciate more and more as you continue to hang with us and eventually (I'd certainly hope) play with us.

Jump in anywhere and everywhere. Get active and stay active, and great things will happen. I'm so happy that you made your way here. Welcome to the Honu!  rock on

Yooooo, I only got serious into fantasy after being hooked in by Matt Kelley's charm, so I have listened to bunch of Cody and Ray through Player Profiler. Really jealous, that's an awesome crew! I hope Austin kicks all of your asses ;) #H2P

Last edited by Honolulu Honu on Sat Dec 10, 2022 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Back to top Go down
Honolulu Honu

Honolulu Honu

PostSubject: Re: Honolulu Honu (Cassidy)   Honolulu Honu (Cassidy) EmptySat Dec 10, 2022 12:00 pm

Riverbank Raiders wrote:
Oaktown Malosos wrote:

Honolulu Honu wrote:

Watching this game as a kid (long before you were born), I realized just how unfair life was going to be...family were "original" first season, ticket holders/literal lifetime time Raider fan; so naturally, have hated PIT ever since: vote no  Evil laugh

cheers

100% Incompletion. No doubt

Evidence not clear and irrefutable. Call stands ;)

Guys, guys, guys, I definitely DON'T have a picture with me standing next to the Franco statue at the Pittsburgh int'l airport, c'mon...

I will say this to Raiders Nation: THANK YOU FOR BEATING THE CHARGERS LAST YEAR INSTEAD OF GOING TO A TIE. laughing

Last edited by Honolulu Honu on Sat Dec 10, 2022 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarity)
Back to top Go down
Honolulu Honu

Honolulu Honu

PostSubject: Re: Honolulu Honu (Cassidy)   Honolulu Honu (Cassidy) EmptySat Dec 10, 2022 12:02 pm

Charm City Justice wrote:
Someone local(ish) to me and has a turtle in his name?  Get this man a team!

Welcome Cassidy. Dive on in and make yourself at home!

Only 10 minutes away from Elkton!
Back to top Go down
Toontown Warlocks

Toontown Warlocks

PostSubject: Re: Honolulu Honu (Cassidy)   Honolulu Honu (Cassidy) EmptySat Dec 10, 2022 12:28 pm

Nice pic Cassidy, does the lady in the background know of this picture, lol.

Honolulu Honu (Cassidy) Sigwar22
Back to top Go down
Honolulu Honu

Honolulu Honu

PostSubject: Re: Honolulu Honu (Cassidy)   Honolulu Honu (Cassidy) EmptySat Dec 10, 2022 12:31 pm

Toontown Warlocks wrote:
Nice pic Cassidy, does the lady in the background know of this picture, lol.

I was worried about that haha. I don't know who that is - this is from my honeymoon in Croatia and my wife took the picture, so this is NOT ON ME. laughing
Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Honolulu Honu (Cassidy)   Honolulu Honu (Cassidy) EmptySat Dec 10, 2022 1:17 pm

Honolulu Honu wrote:

Nice! I used to teach high school but am currently teaching 6th grade English. I didn't think I would, but I love the middle schoolers way more than the high school kids.

What do you teach?

I taught elementary school for 10 years. I then transitioned into instructional coaching and am now a director of teacher coaches with the school district of Philadelphia. I manage coaches in K-12 and have definitely gained new appreciation for all the various grade bands!

Honolulu Honu (Cassidy) Sigpig15
Back to top Go down
Honolulu Honu

Honolulu Honu

PostSubject: Re: Honolulu Honu (Cassidy)   Honolulu Honu (Cassidy) EmptySat Dec 10, 2022 1:28 pm

Honolulu Honu wrote:

What do you teach?

I taught elementary school for 10 years. I then transitioned into instructional coaching and am now a director of teacher coaches with the school district of Philadelphia. I manage coaches in K-12 and have definitely gained new appreciation for all the various grade bands!

Wow! Really close to me. I teach in Wilmington, DE just 30 minutes south. Very cool, man.
Back to top Go down
Motor City Malachi Crunch

Motor City Malachi Crunch

PostSubject: Re: Honolulu Honu (Cassidy)   Honolulu Honu (Cassidy) EmptySat Dec 10, 2022 3:02 pm

I'm a huge fan of the Pittsburgh Pisces.

Welcome aboard Cassidy. Are you related to Shawn and David?

Honolulu Honu (Cassidy) Sigmal19
Back to top Go down
Honolulu Honu

Honolulu Honu

PostSubject: Re: Honolulu Honu (Cassidy)   Honolulu Honu (Cassidy) EmptySat Dec 10, 2022 3:04 pm

Motor City Malachi Crunch wrote:
I'm a huge fan of the Pittsburgh Pisces.

Welcome aboard Cassidy. Are you related to Shawn and David?

Don't know a Shawn Dunsmore but the late David Dunsmore (from Cincinnati) was my grandfather.
Back to top Go down
England Dragons

England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Honolulu Honu (Cassidy)   Honolulu Honu (Cassidy) EmptySat Dec 10, 2022 5:01 pm

You'll love it here. Settle in, read all you can and post where you want to.

Hope we get to know you better over the next few weeks.

cheers

Honolulu Honu (Cassidy) Sigdra13
Back to top Go down
Australia Killer Koalas

Australia Killer Koalas

PostSubject: Re: Honolulu Honu (Cassidy)   Honolulu Honu (Cassidy) EmptySat Dec 10, 2022 5:02 pm

Welcome Cassidy  vote yes

Honolulu Honu (Cassidy) Sigkil18
Back to top Go down
Haddonfield Slashers

Haddonfield Slashers

PostSubject: Re: Honolulu Honu (Cassidy)   Honolulu Honu (Cassidy) EmptySat Dec 10, 2022 5:38 pm

Welcome Cassidy.

Honolulu Honu (Cassidy) Sigsla16
Back to top Go down
Gainesville Gators

Gainesville Gators

PostSubject: Re: Honolulu Honu (Cassidy)   Honolulu Honu (Cassidy) EmptySat Dec 10, 2022 6:37 pm

Welcome Cassidy.

Honolulu Honu (Cassidy) Siggat15
Back to top Go down
Honolulu Honu

Honolulu Honu

PostSubject: Re: Honolulu Honu (Cassidy)   Honolulu Honu (Cassidy) EmptySat Dec 10, 2022 6:38 pm

England Dragons wrote:

You'll love it here. Settle in, read all you can and post where you want to.

Hope we get to know you better over the next few weeks.

cheers

Thank you! Already feel the exponential growth of knowledge...
Back to top Go down
Honolulu Honu

Honolulu Honu

PostSubject: Re: Honolulu Honu (Cassidy)   Honolulu Honu (Cassidy) EmptySat Dec 10, 2022 6:38 pm

Australia Killer Koalas wrote:
Welcome Cassidy  vote yes

Thanks!
Love the name dude
Back to top Go down
Honolulu Honu

Honolulu Honu

PostSubject: Re: Honolulu Honu (Cassidy)   Honolulu Honu (Cassidy) EmptySat Dec 10, 2022 6:39 pm

Gainesville Gators wrote:
Welcome Cassidy.

Appreciate it -- you a Florida fan? Is AR the real deal? How about Lil Etienne?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Honolulu Honu (Cassidy)   Honolulu Honu (Cassidy) Empty

Back to top Go down

Honolulu Honu (Cassidy)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Bulletin Board :: Check In-
Jump to: