Titletown Tyrants
Saint Johns Venomous Mocs
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt) Empty
PostSubject: St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt)   St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt) EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 11:49 am

Hello ladies and gentlemen

My name is Matt. I live in St. Johns, FL

I've been playing fantasy football since the early 90's. I'm currently in a handful of dynasty leagues (Zealots Field) and a couple others. All but one of the dynasty leagues I'm in are IDP, but some a mix of PPR some not. I also have done an auction style league as well. Every league I'm in is hosted on MFL.

I'd like to be part of this league simply because it was voted "Best Fantasy Football League in the World". Who wouldn't want to be part of a league like that? I think the unique format and owner accountability is also a draw.

I spend quite a bit of time during the week on fantasy football. I'm pretty much always around. If I had to put it into hours, I'd say between 10-15 per week. That time spent may simply be chatting with a fellow owner about a potential trade, or asking advice on another one.

Hard to pick one fantasy football story or memory, but winning multiple championships is easy to remember  1st . However some draft pick blunders are as well. In the early years of fantasy football, I had the #1 pick in a keeper league. I had just taken over a team devout of WRs. At this point it was safe to say I had no idea what I was doing. I selected Carl Pickens dizzy, who did basically nothing for me. My buddies still rib me about it. I'm pretty confident I've gotten better at this hobby  metal

I would like to think other owners in my current leagues would say good things about me. I know they would say I know how to build a dynasty simply based on what I've been able to do. I think they would say I'm a competitive, respectful guy and a very active owner.

At the end of the day I'm looking for a place to play the hobby that is directly linked to the game of football which I love. This league looks like it's super active and should not only be a lot of fun, but a challenge to build a dynasty.

I'm looking to join this league with the sole purpose of becoming an owner....eventually. I know it's a process and I'm willing let the process flow.
Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt)   St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt) EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 11:58 am

Thanks for coming over Matt! Welcome, and take time to look around, there is a ton of good stuff here and top notch owners.

Spoiler:

St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt) Sigtyr14
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt)   St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt) EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 12:06 pm

Welcome Matt!

For us non-Floridians who are too lazy to use that Google thing, where abouts is St. Johns?

You married, have kids or a house full of cats?

Why Venomous Mocs? Are you a big snake guy?

St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt) Sigete14
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt)   St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt) EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 12:16 pm

St. Johns is about 15 miles north of St. Augustine and 30 miles south of Jacksonville. For folks that follow the PGA tour, I'm about 10 minutes from Sawgrass in Ponte Vedra.

I'm married with 1 daughter and 2 dogs. No cats

I choose the Venomous Mocs because I have a large pond behind my house that apparently is a breeding ground for them. I've been here since May 2014, and s then I've had to kill 2 of them. Not a huge fan of snakes. In fact if it doesn't have shoulders, I typically don't trust it.

St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt) Sigvenomousmocs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt)   St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt) EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 12:20 pm

St. Johns is about 15 miles north of St. Augustine and 30 miles south of Jacksonville. For folks that follow the PGA tour, I'm about 10 minutes from Sawgrass in Ponte Vedra.

I'm married with 1 daughter and 2 dogs. No cats

I choose the Venomous Mocs because I have a large pond behind my house that apparently is a breeding ground for them. I've been here since May 2014, and since then I've had to kill 2 of them. Not a huge fan of snakes. In fact if it doesn't have shoulders, I typically don't trust it.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt)   St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt) EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 12:20 pm

Tybeeman wrote:
In fact if it doesn't have shoulders, I typically don't trust it.

Well, I will vouch for Jon (Dragons) so don't let his physical appearance weigh to heavily in your assessment of him. laughing

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt)   St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt) EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 12:21 pm

So you're gonna want to change your username from Tybeeman to the full and correct spelling of your team name.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt)   St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt) EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 12:26 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
So you're gonna want to change your username from Tybeeman to the full and correct spelling of your team name.

How do I go about changing my username to "St Johns Venomous Mocs"?
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt)   St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt) EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 12:29 pm

Tybeeman wrote:

How do I go about changing my username to "St Johns Venomous Mocs"?

You can click on your name above your avatar. You can click on MY PROFILE which is below your avatar on the main page. Or in the menu up top, under MY TEAM, the last option is PROFILE.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt)   St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt) EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 12:48 pm

Appreciate it. I've made the change.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt)   St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt) EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 12:52 pm

Great!

So two things for ya...

1. So you are wanting to begin the Prospect Process officially, correct?

2. When you have a chance, email me a photo of yourself (facing camera) so that I can update your avatar like the rest of ours.

Back to top Go down
Pacific Puffins

Pacific Puffins

PostSubject: Re: St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt)   St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt) EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 12:58 pm

Welcome Matt

Always my favorite. Like a rug.

You'll like it here.

St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt) Sigpuf13
Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt)   St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt) EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 1:00 pm

Cool. I haven't been up that way much, but my kids' class took a field trip to St. Augustine the past couple of years.

Welcome! If you're newer to FL, where'd you move here from? What NFL team do you follow? I mean, after the beloved Detroit Lions of course.

St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt) Siggad13
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt)   St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt) EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 1:09 pm

Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:
Cool.   I haven't been up that way much, but my kids' class took a field trip to St. Augustine the past couple of years.  

Welcome!  If you're newer to FL, where'd you move here from?  What NFL team do you follow?  I mean, after the beloved Detroit Lions of course.

Born and raised in northern NJ. Just about an hr west of NYC. I've been in Florida almost 2 years now. Spent previous 15 years in Georgia (north of Atlanta).

I grew up in the 70's, so I latched onto the Pittsburgh Steelers and have been a fan every since. I rooted for the Falcons while living in GA. So now that the Jaguars are close, I'll root for them unless they are playing my Steelers of course.

St Augustine is a really cool little city/town, so much history if you're into that. There is so much more going on there than in Jacksonville. I think Jacksonville has the potential to be a cool place, but it has a ways to go from what I've seen so far.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt)   St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt) EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 1:15 pm

Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:
Cool.   I haven't been up that way much, but my kids' class took a field trip to St. Augustine the past couple of years.  

Welcome!  If you're newer to FL, where'd you move here from?  What NFL team do you follow?  I mean, after the beloved Detroit Lions of course.

Do you live on Sanibel? My wife and I went there a number of years ago. Paradise!
Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt)   St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt) EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 1:19 pm

welcome Matt

St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt) Siggoo18
Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt)   St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt) EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 1:21 pm

Saint Johns Venomous Mocs wrote:
Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:

Do you live on Sanibel? My wife and I went there a number of years ago. Paradise!

Yes I do live here. Well, for another 24 days (but who's counting - lol). I'm moving into Ft. Myers at the end of March.

St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt) Siggad13
Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt)   St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt) EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 1:22 pm

Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:

Wow Brad lives in Paradise?

Welcome to our zoo!

St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt) Sigmay18
Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt)   St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt) EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 1:33 pm

Welcome Matt

St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt) Sigmus15
Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt)   St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt) EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 1:38 pm

Welcome Matt. Jacksonville is what I consider home since I grew up there. Whatever you do, do not let the Jags grow on you...It is only heartache.

cheers

St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt) Sigbom11
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt)   St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt) EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 1:40 pm

Tybeeman wrote:
In fact if it doesn't have shoulders, I typically don't trust it.

Well, I will vouch for Jon (Dragons) so don't let his physical appearance weigh to heavily in your assessment of him.  laughing

surprised I'll keep that in mind.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt)   St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt) EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 1:44 pm

Norfolk Bombers wrote:
Welcome Matt.  Jacksonville is what I consider home since I grew up there.  Whatever you do, do not let the Jags grow on you...It is only heartache.

cheers

I will simply be a fan without any emotional connection to the team. That way I'll avoid heart break. I still think they Jags will a Super Bowl before the Browns lol 2
Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt)   St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt) EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 1:46 pm

Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:

Born and raised in northern NJ. Just about an hr west of NYC. I've been in Florida almost 2 years now. Spent previous 15 years in Georgia (north of Atlanta).

I grew up in the 70's, so I latched onto the Pittsburgh Steelers and have been a fan every since. I rooted for the Falcons while living in GA. So now that the Jaguars are close, I'll root for them unless they are playing my Steelers of course.

St Augustine is a really cool little city/town, so much history if you're into that. There is so much more going on there than in Jacksonville. I think Jacksonville has the potential to be a cool place, but it has a ways to go from what I've seen so far.

Welcome to RW Matt.  You're still new to Florida but hopefully you'll be able to check out some Dolphins' games and rethink the allegiance to the Steelers or, god forbid, the Jags.  I've already converted my wife from the Steelers to the Dolphins.

Where did you live in Jersey?  Given your description, it would appear to be somewhere near Sussex County.  .

St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt) Sigbrawlers
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt)   St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt) EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 1:56 pm

Welcome Matt

I think we recently opened up a spot in our Matt quota so your in luck...
I realize that makes no sense to you but you can check the league history I guess laughing

St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt) Sigafr15
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt)   St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt) EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 2:24 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:

Welcome to RW Matt.  You're still new to Florida but hopefully you'll be able to check out some Dolphins' games and rethink the allegiance to the Steelers or, god forbid, the Jags.  I've already converted my wife from the Steelers to the Dolphins.

Where did you live in Jersey?  Given your description, it would appear to be somewhere near Sussex County.  .

Close call with Sussex County. I actually grew up in Morris County, a bit further west.

Not sure I'm ready to convert to any other team besides the Steelers. I will root for the Dolphins anytime they play New England or the Jets
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt)   St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt) EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 2:28 pm

Atlanta Africans wrote:
Welcome Matt

I think we recently opened up a spot in our Matt quota so your in luck...
I realize that makes no sense to you but you can check the league history I guess laughing

Glad a spot opened up. I would have been fine changing my name to Cosmo if needed.
Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt)   St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt) EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 2:36 pm

Glad a spot opened up. I would have been fine changing my name to Cosmo if needed.

St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt) L_9ac33528684b4f57bcd895bfa1dcb6e9

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt)   St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt) EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 2:40 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:

Close call with Sussex County. I actually grew up in Morris County, a bit further west.

Not sure I'm ready to convert to any other team besides the Steelers. I will root for the Dolphins anytime they play New England or the Jets

I'll take that.

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt)   St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt) EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 2:57 pm

Welcome to Roster Wars Matt.

St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt) Sigred18
Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt)   St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt) EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 2:59 pm

Welcome! Glad you found us!

I'm calling dibs on Matt #1 if it comes to that... tough guy

St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt) Sigpig15
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt)   St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt) EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 3:05 pm

Great!

So two things for ya...

2. When you have a chance, email me a photo of yourself (facing camera) so that I can update your avatar like the rest of ours.

BUMP. Matt, did you miss this post?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt)   St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt) EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 3:39 pm

Great!

So two things for ya...

BUMP.  Matt, did you miss this post?

Yes, I'd like to start the prospect process and get on the official waiting list.

I'll dig up a photo and send it your way.
Back to top Go down
England Dragons

England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt)   St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt) EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 4:07 pm

Welcome to Roster Wars Matt.

Hang out with us and join in any threads that you find interesting. It's a cool place to waste an hour or two.

And ignore that Andy fella - I do have shoulders. laughing

cheers

St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt) Sigdra13
Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt)   St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt) EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 4:47 pm

England Dragons wrote:

I do have shoulders. laughing

cheers

Yes, all of the respectability of the DD conference rest on them too....

ROFL

St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt) Sigbom11
Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt)   St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt) EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 6:19 pm

Howdy, Matt. Look forward to getting to know you better. Make yourself at home.

St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt) Sigbeatniks
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt)   St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt) EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 6:25 pm

Appreciate the warm welcome everyone thumbsup There's a lot of stuff here for me to peruse through. I plan on kicking back with a few All Day IPA's and checking this place out.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt)   St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt) EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 6:26 pm

Appreciate the warm welcome everyone  thumbsup  There's a lot of stuff here for me to peruse through. I plan on kicking back with a few All Day IPA's and checking this place out.

Now this seems like m kind of post. beer

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt)   St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt) EmptySat Mar 05, 2016 1:56 pm

Welcome Matt! Glad you found the best dynasty league in the world!

St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt) Sigsil14
Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt)   St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt) EmptySat Mar 05, 2016 2:02 pm

Matt likes beer? Perfect. He should fit in quickly.

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt)   St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt) EmptySun Mar 06, 2016 3:55 pm

Welcome Matt! Glad to have another newbie to go through the process with wink

St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt) Sigkni10
Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt)   St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt) EmptySun Mar 06, 2016 7:11 pm

Matt, welcome to the Roster Wars Forum. It is the best league out there with a great group of guys.

St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt) Sigdiv12
Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt)   St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt) EmptySun Mar 06, 2016 7:46 pm

Welcome Matt. Are there such things as non-venomous mocs?

St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt) Siggol13
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt)   St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt) EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:39 am

San Francisco Golddiggers wrote:
Welcome Matt. Are there such things as non-venomous mocs?

Thank you, and yes there is. You wear them on your feet. baghead2

Back to top Go down
San Tropez Eclipse

San Tropez Eclipse

PostSubject: Re: St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt)   St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt) EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 12:12 pm

Welcome to the jungle, Matt! Now I have another league to kick your ass in! lol3

St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt) Sigeclipse
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt)   St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt) EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 1:31 pm

San Tropez Eclipse wrote:
Welcome to the jungle,  Matt! Now I have another league to kick your ass in! lol3

Bring it on Pete metal2 New league perhaps some new results..I look forward to dulling that shiny crazy diamond of yours make fun

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt)   St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt) EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:12 pm

Naperville Divine wrote:
Matt, welcome to the Roster Wars Forum.  It is the best league out there with a great group of guys.

And me.

Back to top Go down
San Tropez Eclipse

San Tropez Eclipse

PostSubject: Re: St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt)   St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt) EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 9:08 am

Kingdom City Growlers 2 wrote:
Naperville Divine wrote:
Matt, welcome to the Roster Wars Forum.  It is the best league out there with a great group of guys.

And me.

drink

Back to top Go down
San Tropez Eclipse

San Tropez Eclipse

PostSubject: Re: St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt)   St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt) EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 9:10 am

San Tropez Eclipse wrote:
Welcome to the jungle,  Matt! Now I have another league to kick your ass in! lol3

Bring it on Pete metal2 New league perhaps some new results..I look forward to dulling that shiny crazy diamond of yours make fun

Them be fightin' words. poking

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt)   St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt) EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 9:17 am

Naperville Divine wrote:

And me.

And Nick

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt)   St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt) EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 9:47 am

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
Naperville Divine wrote:

And me.

And Nick

And Russ.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt)   St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt) Empty

Back to top Go down

St. Johns Venomous Mocs (Matt)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Bulletin Board :: Check In-
Jump to: