San Francisco Golddiggers
Tarpon Springs RedKnights
Belgium Waffles
16 posters
AuthorMessage
Belgium Waffles

Belgium Waffles

Belgium Waffles (Jeremy) Empty
PostSubject: Belgium Waffles (Jeremy)   Belgium Waffles (Jeremy) EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 11:03 am

Hello all.  It has been awhile.  I finally have the time stop by and see how this league is doing.  I finished law school in 2 1/2 years and that took up all the time.  Just wanted to say I'll be around and posting and give ya'll a heads up.  I now realize that the Belgium Waffles name was not my greatest idea!  Laughing

Belgium Waffles (Jeremy) Sigwaffles
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Belgium Waffles (Jeremy)   Belgium Waffles (Jeremy) EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 11:36 am

Lol I liked you're name! Glad your doing well.

Belgium Waffles (Jeremy) Sigred18
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Belgium Waffles (Jeremy)   Belgium Waffles (Jeremy) EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 9:19 pm

what kind of lawyer?

Belgium Waffles (Jeremy) Siggol13
Back to top Go down
Belgium Waffles

Belgium Waffles

PostSubject: Re: Belgium Waffles (Jeremy)   Belgium Waffles (Jeremy) EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 9:28 pm

I am looking into going into either tax or labor law. Its a tough decision. I enjoy being in the courtroom too. I am taking the UBE in Missouri this Feburary and will transfer my score to New York this summer. Are you a lawyer?

Back to top Go down
Belgium Waffles

Belgium Waffles

PostSubject: Re: Belgium Waffles (Jeremy)   Belgium Waffles (Jeremy) EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 9:30 pm

Tarpon Springs RedKnights wrote:
Lol I liked you're name! Glad your doing well.  

Thanks!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Belgium Waffles (Jeremy)   Belgium Waffles (Jeremy) EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 9:30 pm

Nope. I work in finance so of course we have a huge legal/compliance team. Seems lucrative but not all that exciting.

Belgium Waffles (Jeremy) Siggol13
Back to top Go down
Belgium Waffles

Belgium Waffles

PostSubject: Re: Belgium Waffles (Jeremy)   Belgium Waffles (Jeremy) EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 9:33 pm

My friend just got hired into Goldman. I was happy for him. I may try after I take the CPA to make the move into a financial firm.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Belgium Waffles (Jeremy)   Belgium Waffles (Jeremy) EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 9:38 pm

Welcome back Jeremy. Good to have another fantasy geek to make this place even better.

Belgium Waffles (Jeremy) Sigtyr14
Back to top Go down
Belgium Waffles

Belgium Waffles

PostSubject: Re: Belgium Waffles (Jeremy)   Belgium Waffles (Jeremy) EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 9:43 pm

Thanks Nick!

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Belgium Waffles (Jeremy)   Belgium Waffles (Jeremy) EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 9:55 pm

Oh no, not another lawyer here. Congrats on getting through law school in 2 1/2 years. If it helps with the choice, and forgive me if I'm telling you something that you don't know, but you'll probably need to look at getting an LLM in tax if you plan on going that route. All the labor lawyers I know are very laid back and happy.

Belgium Waffles (Jeremy) Sigbrawlers
Back to top Go down
Belgium Waffles

Belgium Waffles

PostSubject: Re: Belgium Waffles (Jeremy)   Belgium Waffles (Jeremy) EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 10:06 pm

I am thinking about Georgetown's LLM or NYU's LLM for tax. Thanks Russ! What area of the law do you practice?

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Belgium Waffles (Jeremy)   Belgium Waffles (Jeremy) EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 10:09 pm

I don't know much about the Georgetown LLM but NYU's LLM is top notch. A few attorneys in our firm got their LLM there and it seems like a prerequisite for practicing that type of law in the NY area.

I am a commercial litigator in a boutique law firm in Northern New Jersey. I love it and wouldn't choose another field, although the hours are long and the work is tough. But it's rewarding because each case is different and it's very interesting getting to know the intimate details of each client's business.

Back to top Go down
Belgium Waffles

Belgium Waffles

PostSubject: Re: Belgium Waffles (Jeremy)   Belgium Waffles (Jeremy) EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 10:21 pm

Russ that actually sounds very interesting. One of the reasons I chose to go to law school was to get out of the mundane everyday boring transactions. That's the type that most interests me is the different cases.

Do you know if New Jersey is going to adopt the UBE since New York did?

Both programs are really good but I want NYU first.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Belgium Waffles (Jeremy)   Belgium Waffles (Jeremy) EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 10:24 pm

I'm not sure what Jersey is doing with that, haven't had to worry about that for almost 20 years now. I do remember that Jersey was one of the "easier" exams, not based on passage rate but because it only tested on the major areas of law. But I do remember that it was stubborn with reciprocity. Looking back, I should have paid the fee to get licensed in DC based off of my multi-state score (forget the name of the test now) so that I could have used that license to waive into other states.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Belgium Waffles (Jeremy)   Belgium Waffles (Jeremy) EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 1:41 am

Hey Jeremy! Good to see you back here and hope you hang around with us.

Afraid I can't add a single thing to Lawyerism...

laughing

Belgium Waffles (Jeremy) Sigdra13
Back to top Go down
Belgium Waffles

Belgium Waffles

PostSubject: Re: Belgium Waffles (Jeremy)   Belgium Waffles (Jeremy) EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 1:46 am

Thanks Jon! I see you had a great year everywhere!

Back to top Go down
Kirksville Growlers

Kirksville Growlers

PostSubject: Re: Belgium Waffles (Jeremy)   Belgium Waffles (Jeremy) EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 12:49 pm

Welcome back to RW and good luck as you move forward with your career.

Belgium Waffles (Jeremy) Siggrowlers
Back to top Go down
Belgium Waffles

Belgium Waffles

PostSubject: Re: Belgium Waffles (Jeremy)   Belgium Waffles (Jeremy) EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 12:50 pm

Thanks Brian!

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: Belgium Waffles (Jeremy)   Belgium Waffles (Jeremy) EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 2:13 pm

Hey Jeremy. Our paths never crossed as you were gone or on your way out when I found Roster Wars. Your franchise became mine, but I thought the Waffles concept was good. Refreshing if nothing else having grown used to teams all looking alike in other fantasy leagues.

For those of us who weren't around and if you don't mind sharing, what was the story behind you joining the league but then never playing a game?

Welcome back. Always "the more, the merrier" around here.

Belgium Waffles (Jeremy) Sigbeatniks
Back to top Go down
Belgium Waffles

Belgium Waffles

PostSubject: Re: Belgium Waffles (Jeremy)   Belgium Waffles (Jeremy) EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 3:32 pm

Corey,

During that time I was studying for the LSAT, taking the LSAT, applying to law schools, and deciding on law schools.  I did not have much time.  We had just completed the offseason and I had the choice between several schools.  Some I would not get the full veterans benefits at, and some I would.  During the weeks after the free agency part of the offseason, I was busy visiting different law schools to make my decision about where to go thus, I was absent about 3 weeks.

It's my fault, that I did not notify the league my absence during that time.  It was not intentional but time was scarce.  Andy had to make the tough decision on what to do.

However, I do play with several current and former Roster Wars owners in other leagues and they can attest to the fact that this type of absence was an unusual occurrence.  I'm normally around my leagues quite often and fairly engaged.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Belgium Waffles (Jeremy)   Belgium Waffles (Jeremy) EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 4:18 pm

I blame the Rachel Ray appointment

Belgium Waffles (Jeremy) Sigafr15
Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Belgium Waffles (Jeremy)   Belgium Waffles (Jeremy) EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 4:19 pm

Hey Jeremy, good to see you around here again!

Belgium Waffles (Jeremy) Sigoutlaws
Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Belgium Waffles (Jeremy)   Belgium Waffles (Jeremy) EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 4:26 pm

JEREMY'S BACK ... OMG!!! Hide My Precious Canadian Maple Syrup.  wink
Seriously though, Welcome Back to the RW Board Flap Jacks Errrr Waffles.

Belgium Waffles (Jeremy) SNN0127AA---_2061974a

Belgium Waffles (Jeremy) Sigste15
Back to top Go down
Belgium Waffles

Belgium Waffles

PostSubject: Re: Belgium Waffles (Jeremy)   Belgium Waffles (Jeremy) EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 4:34 pm

Ian,
Yes she might just have to get the boot! lol Thanks Ya'll for the welcome! That last post made me laugh. Where does he come up with these pictures? lol

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Belgium Waffles (Jeremy)   Belgium Waffles (Jeremy) EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 4:52 pm

Welcome back Jeremy! Congrats on finishing law school. Glad things are more manageable for you now

Belgium Waffles (Jeremy) Sigpig15
Back to top Go down
Belgium Waffles

Belgium Waffles

PostSubject: Re: Belgium Waffles (Jeremy)   Belgium Waffles (Jeremy) EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 4:57 pm

Thanks Matt!

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: Belgium Waffles (Jeremy)   Belgium Waffles (Jeremy) EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 6:20 pm

Cool. Thanks for the history. Certainly understand how deeply life can cut into RW time. Andy is awesome, though, with a heads up. Best of luck with the decisions that lie ahead.

Belgium Waffles (Jeremy) Sigbeatniks
Back to top Go down
Pacific Puffins

Pacific Puffins

PostSubject: Re: Belgium Waffles (Jeremy)   Belgium Waffles (Jeremy) EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 8:15 pm

Hello again, Jeremy

Belgium Waffles (Jeremy) Sigpuf13
Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Belgium Waffles (Jeremy)   Belgium Waffles (Jeremy) EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 8:40 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
Hello again, Jeremy

Reminded me of:

Hellooooo Dexter Morgan.

Belgium Waffles (Jeremy) Sigtyr14
Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Belgium Waffles (Jeremy)   Belgium Waffles (Jeremy) EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 10:33 pm

Atlanta Africans wrote:
I blame the Rachel Ray appointment

I Like Rachel Ray

Belgium Waffles (Jeremy) Siggoo18
Back to top Go down
Belgium Waffles

Belgium Waffles

PostSubject: Re: Belgium Waffles (Jeremy)   Belgium Waffles (Jeremy) EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 12:30 am

Hello Shawn!

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Belgium Waffles (Jeremy)   Belgium Waffles (Jeremy) EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 9:07 am

I didn't post in here yet? Shame on me! Welcome back to Roster Wars Jeremy

Belgium Waffles (Jeremy) Sigsil14
Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Belgium Waffles (Jeremy)   Belgium Waffles (Jeremy) EmptySat Mar 05, 2016 2:16 pm

Nice to meet you Jeremy.

Belgium Waffles (Jeremy) Sigmay18
Back to top Go down
Belgium Waffles

Belgium Waffles

PostSubject: Re: Belgium Waffles (Jeremy)   Belgium Waffles (Jeremy) EmptySat Mar 05, 2016 2:20 pm

You too Carla. I just finished the bar. I am now catching up on all the stuff that I couldn't do during while studying for the bar.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Belgium Waffles (Jeremy)   Belgium Waffles (Jeremy) EmptySat Mar 05, 2016 2:24 pm

I study the bar most Friday nights. I bet youre smarter for it, I am probably losing brain cells doing my studying.

Belgium Waffles (Jeremy) Sigmay18
Back to top Go down
Belgium Waffles

Belgium Waffles

PostSubject: Re: Belgium Waffles (Jeremy)   Belgium Waffles (Jeremy) EmptySat Mar 05, 2016 2:26 pm

lmao. That's the kind that i would like to do.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Belgium Waffles (Jeremy)   Belgium Waffles (Jeremy) Empty

Back to top Go down

Belgium Waffles (Jeremy)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Bulletin Board :: Check In-
Jump to: