Thief River Unforgiven
Ohio Fighting Yankdogs
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Naperville Divine

Naperville Divine

Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike)   Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2024 8:40 pm

Mike, I love the team name. That is awesome. Glad to have you in Roster Wars.

Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) - Page 2 Sigdiv12
Back to top Go down
East Tennessee Badgers

East Tennessee Badgers

PostSubject: Re: Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike)   Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2024 1:14 am

Welcome Mr. Yankdog to Roster Wars. Jump right in the water is just right!  wink

Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) - Page 2 Sigbad18
Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike)   Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2024 9:52 am

welcome2 ... to the RW, Mike.

Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) - Page 2 Sigste15
Back to top Go down
Ohio Fighting Yankdogs

Ohio Fighting Yankdogs

PostSubject: Re: Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike)   Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2024 9:55 am

I just wanted to thank everyone for the warm welcome! You can tell this is a good crew based on this alone. Of course once I start to run off at the mouth about the Steelers (both positive and negative) and how my team is doing during the season ya'll will start a new thread asking me to leave lol

Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) - Page 2 Sigdef11
Back to top Go down
Michigan MungMen

Michigan MungMen

PostSubject: Re: Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike)   Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2024 10:03 am

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Press F5 on this page to put a face to the name. fun dance

This just reaffirmed my Daddy Yankee take

Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) - Page 2 Sigmun21
Back to top Go down
Ohio Fighting Yankdogs

Ohio Fighting Yankdogs

PostSubject: Re: Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike)   Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2024 10:52 am

Michigan MungMen wrote:

Oh yeah I'm not a spring chicken anymore lol

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike)   Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2024 5:48 pm

Ohio Fighting Yankdogs wrote:
Michigan MungMen wrote:

Oh yeah I'm not a spring chicken anymore lol

None of us are

Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) - Page 2 Sigmay18
Back to top Go down
Ohio Fighting Yankdogs

Ohio Fighting Yankdogs

PostSubject: Re: Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike)   Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2024 11:33 am

Motor City Malachi Crunch wrote:
Welcome!

First Things First - Fields or Russell?

Revisiting this question. Lots of talk in Steelerland among the Chatterverse about Field being the guy. Even Tannenbaum was interviewed and said it for what it's worth (if anything). Lots of this may be wishful thinking. Of course Mike T said Wilson first but he often gives the initial nod to the vet. I'd say Wilson but a shorter leash than one might think the more I hear what folks are saying and thinking about it more. Looking at video of Fields, he does have his moments.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike)   Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 31, 2024 8:54 am

I hope Fields gets a chance even if it doesn’t work out

Back to top Go down
Ohio Fighting Yankdogs

Ohio Fighting Yankdogs

PostSubject: Re: Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike)   Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2024 11:07 am

Folks apologies for not being quite as active over the last week or so. I just had my job responsibilities expanded quite a bit. This should be for just this year. But it is substantial. So, I have been trying to absorb this into my work/play/football balance. Having said that, once I work that out, I am interested in taking on a team whenever the powers that be deem that possible, appropriate, or helpful to the community. I will admit, as I did in my intro, many things we do on the teams here are new to me, including bidding and IDP. But I like a challenge.

Back to top Go down
Toontown Warlocks

Toontown Warlocks

PostSubject: Re: Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike)   Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2024 11:22 am

Happy to hear this, just stay patient and by the end of it all you will be happy as a pig in a blanket

Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) - Page 2 Sigwar22
Back to top Go down
Ohio Fighting Yankdogs

Ohio Fighting Yankdogs

PostSubject: Re: Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike)   Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2024 11:35 am

Toontown Warlocks wrote:
Happy to hear this, just stay patient and by the end of it all you will be happy as a pig in a blanket

Thanks. This is a great community. I just wanted to explain my absence as the new guy. I already told my wife when I retire and have more time my only mistress will be fantasy football. But she already knows FF is the only one that would have me in the first place!

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike)   Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2024 12:08 pm

I think letting us know your interests and intentions is a good place to start Yankie.......stick around and pop in looking around at as much of RW as you can to start your journey of understanding. Great group here to help with questions and you know I will help offline if needed.

Back to top Go down
Vegas Beach Tiger Sharks

Vegas Beach Tiger Sharks

PostSubject: Re: Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike)   Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2024 1:18 pm

Good luck with your new duties at work, Mike. I'm struggling to not call you Yankdog all the time, but I can get used to that eventually. laughing

If you keep hanging around with us, you'll pick up a ton related to what you don't have experience with, so by the time you're ready to come gunning for a spot, you'll be at least confident enough to know that you'll probably fuck up some things (like we all do) but that you'll quickly learn from them and keep getting better and more comfortable as you move ahead. I have learned so much each year I've been here, and I'm a long way from being where I want to be as a player, but I do feel like I'm taking steps forward each year, even if I'm taking steps forward by learning from the steps I take backward (if that makes sense). But stick with us bro. There's not a more rewarding experience in FF than being part of this community. No other league touches it.

Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) - Page 2 Sigtig14
Back to top Go down
Ohio Fighting Yankdogs

Ohio Fighting Yankdogs

PostSubject: Re: Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike)   Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2024 2:38 pm

Vegas Beach Tiger Sharks wrote:
Good luck with your new duties at work, Mike. I'm struggling to not call you Yankdog all the time, but I can get used to that eventually. laughing

If you keep hanging around with us, you'll pick up a ton related to what you don't have experience with, so by the time you're ready to come gunning for a spot, you'll be at least confident enough to know that you'll probably fuck up some things (like we all do) but that you'll quickly learn from them and keep getting better and more comfortable as you move ahead. I have learned so much each year I've been here, and I'm a long way from being where I want to be as a player, but I do feel like I'm taking steps forward each year, even if I'm taking steps forward by learning from the steps I take backward (if that makes sense). But stick with us bro. There's not a more rewarding experience in FF than being part of this community. No other league touches it.

You nailed it Shack. A Brotherhood (and Sisterhood) of folks all loving the same things is very rare honestly. That's what makes this so cool. Yeah, when I am ready I don't mind making mistakes. And feel free to call me Yankdog! I prefer that honestly.

Back to top Go down
Coachella Tremors

Coachella Tremors

PostSubject: Re: Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike)   Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2024 2:53 pm

Agree with Carla...keep sticking around Mike. We are talking football (and everything else under the sun) all year round! Good luck at work! high five

Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) - Page 2 Sigtre15
Back to top Go down
London Legion

London Legion

PostSubject: Re: Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike)   Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2024 3:06 pm

I’ll echo above ! Having some time to bed into IDP/Contracts Just watching this RFA alone would have helped me in year 1!

I hope the work / life balance works itself out and this family and we are a family are happy to have you here on our journeys!

Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) - Page 2 Sigleg14
Back to top Go down
Ohio Fighting Yankdogs

Ohio Fighting Yankdogs

PostSubject: Re: Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike)   Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2024 3:10 pm

London Legion wrote:
I’ll echo above !   Having some time to bed into IDP/Contracts     Just watching this RFA alone would have helped me in year 1!

I hope the work / life balance works itself out and this family and we are a family are happy to have you here on our journeys!

Just following the posts here has been helpful. Once I settle into these new responsibilities I'll be ready.

Back to top Go down
Riverside Rottweilers

Riverside Rottweilers

PostSubject: Re: Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike)   Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2024 5:09 pm

If you quit your job you could probably enter and win enough fantasy football leagues to support retirement grin

Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) - Page 2 Sigrot15
Back to top Go down
Ohio Fighting Yankdogs

Ohio Fighting Yankdogs

PostSubject: Re: Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike)   Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2024 5:16 pm

Riverside Rottweilers wrote:
If you quit your job you could probably enter and win enough fantasy football leagues to support retirement grin

That's the retirement plan....

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike)   Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2024 12:16 pm

Shack, you can continue to call Mike Yankdog. I just wasn't willing to deter from our systems here so Mike it is...call him Yankdog forever.

I appreciate the heads-up Mike. Life is always first and everyone here has had heir version of that.

As for being ready and all of that...when you think you have a handle on the work stuff and want to give it a go, feel free to shoot me an email and I'll get that process started for you.
As for knowing all of this stuff, there are plenty in this club for years that barely understand IDP and some of the intricacies as proof by their results tongue but in all seriousness, you'll be fine. If I were tested on various things of this nature, the results might be shocking to some tbh. This community is about EFFORT above all else. You'll be good.

Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) - Page 2 Sigete14
Back to top Go down
Hatteras Bay Mad Goats

Hatteras Bay Mad Goats

PostSubject: Re: Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike)   Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2024 12:23 pm

As for knowing all of this stuff, there are plenty in this club for years that barely understand IDP and some of the intricacies as proof by their results tongue  but in all seriousness, you'll be fine.  If I were tested on various things of this nature, the results might be shocking to some tbh.  This community is about EFFORT above all else.  You'll be good.

Translation - Fake it til you Make it

Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) - Page 2 Sigmad16
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike)   Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ohio Fighting Yankdogs (Mike)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Bulletin Board :: Check In-
Jump to: