HomeLog inRegisterFAQSearch
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password

Share | 
 

 Edwin Jackson LB IND

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Charm City Justice
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2004

PostSubject: Edwin Jackson LB IND   Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:30 am

This sucks.

The rideshare driver was killed too. Just a horrible story. The young man just turned 26 at the end of last year.


Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 11856

PostSubject: Re: Edwin Jackson LB IND   Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:35 am

Saw this yesterday. Awful.


Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad
 
 
avatar

Posts : 8528

PostSubject: Re: Edwin Jackson LB IND   Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:11 am

heard after superbowl - that sucks


Back to top Go down
Southside Spartans
 
 
avatar

Posts : 671

PostSubject: Re: Edwin Jackson LB IND   Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:47 am

Man...yeah really sucks


Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3650

PostSubject: Re: Edwin Jackson LB IND   Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:59 am

Fuck. That's horrible!


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 24197

PostSubject: Re: Edwin Jackson LB IND   Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:33 am

Both of them were too young. Fucking drunk and distracted drivers are the worst. They're lucky I don't run shit.


Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1444

PostSubject: Re: Edwin Jackson LB IND   Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:45 am

Just terrible news. So needless and a waste of life. I hope the dude spends the rest of his life in jail.


Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3748

PostSubject: Re: Edwin Jackson LB IND   Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:57 am

Yeah this is sad. Innocent person died because somebody was careless and driving drunk


Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3886

PostSubject: Re: Edwin Jackson LB IND   Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:04 am

Drunk drivers just piss me off.  There is no reason to drink and drive.  He had a BAC level of .15 and doesn't even have a driver's license.   Mad


Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2004

PostSubject: Re: Edwin Jackson LB IND   Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:06 am

Carolina Silverbacks wrote:
Just terrible news.  So needless and a waste of life.  I hope the dude spends the rest of his life in jail.

He has an ICE detainer from what I have read, so even if he gets out (and he will after a much shorter period that you would like to think), he could very well be deported.


Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3886

PostSubject: Re: Edwin Jackson LB IND   Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:08 am

Charm City Justice wrote:
Carolina Silverbacks wrote:
Just terrible news.  So needless and a waste of life.  I hope the dude spends the rest of his life in jail.

He has an ICE detainer from what I have read, so even if he gets out (and he will after a much shorter period that you would like to think), he could very well be deported.

He's already been deported twice and has come back.  Mad


Back to top Go down
Toontown Wolverines
 
 
avatar

Posts : 215

PostSubject: Re: Edwin Jackson LB IND   Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:10 am

2 years ago on Christmas a family of 4 were killed coming home from a family gathering.  The drunk driver had been caught drinking and driving before,  she said she didn't want to leave her brand new car at the bar. She got 10 years in prison, but because she is native she will be moved to what they call a healing lodge.  Which is basically a place for her to hang out, no prison cells, just a native community. This is Canada's way. I really hope this driver gets worse and I hope the states have stricter laws.


Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3886

PostSubject: Re: Edwin Jackson LB IND   Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:32 am

A healing lodge?  Shocked  I've never heard of that before.  Unbelievable!  I just don't get it anymore.  shrug  I have a feeling this guy won't serve the time he deserves either.


Back to top Go down
Cyclone City Falcons
 
 
avatar

Posts : 215

PostSubject: Re: Edwin Jackson LB IND   Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:01 pm

They need more strict laws on drunk driving. It seems like they're not treated like criminals - kill someone and get a few years in prison.


Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2004

PostSubject: Re: Edwin Jackson LB IND   Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:53 am

Cyclone City Falcons wrote:
They need more strict laws on drunk driving. It seems like they're not treated like criminals - kill someone and get a few years in prison.

There was a case here in Baltimore where an Episcopal Bishop was driving drunk, texting, killed a bicyclist, left the scene of the accident, and returned about 30 minutes later. She blew a .22 upon returning and had a previous conviction for drunk driving where she blew a .27. Total sentence was 5 years (and another 2 concurrent I think), she was eligible for parole after 17 months (denied) and even without parole will probably get out in 3.5 years. Reports from the parole hearing are she still has not shown any remorse.


Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5848

PostSubject: Re: Edwin Jackson LB IND   Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:34 am

NJ has gotten really tough on drunk driving. Which is a good thing. It's still more lax than some would like but the nation has really become aware of the issue. I remember when I was young (in the 70s) and you would see people leave picnics, parties, etc. with beer cans or plastic cups with drinks for their ride home. No one really paid a lot of attention to it until MADD was formed.

I think that we have a few people here from NC. What are the current rules there on open containers? When I was in law school, the rule was that you could have open containers if you weren't driving but that the presence of an open container in the hands of a passenger gave a police officer probable cause to pull you over and to test the driver. It was almost like the situation we have in NJ and other states with party buses, limos, etc.


Back to top Go down
Coachella Tremors
 
 
avatar

Posts : 190

PostSubject: Re: Edwin Jackson LB IND   Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:58 pm

Solving it would take individual responsibility and values to do the right thing, but we seem to be a long way from that. Frankly, I do not think driverless technology can get here fast enough...between drunks, folks texting (which is an every other car thing in California and Charlotte where I work) and tired truck drivers, it is a crap shoot getting on the road every day.


Back to top Go down
Cyclone City Falcons
 
 
avatar

Posts : 215

PostSubject: Re: Edwin Jackson LB IND   Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:24 pm

Charm City Justice wrote:
Cyclone City Falcons wrote:
They need more strict laws on drunk driving. It seems like they're not treated like criminals - kill someone and get a few years in prison.

There was a case here in Baltimore where an Episcopal Bishop was driving drunk, texting, killed a bicyclist, left the scene of the accident, and returned about 30 minutes later.  She blew a .22 upon returning and had a previous conviction for drunk driving where she blew a .27.  Total sentence was 5 years (and another 2 concurrent I think), she was eligible for parole after 17 months (denied) and even without parole will probably get out in 3.5 years.  Reports from the parole hearing are she still has not shown any remorse.

That's the shit that pisses me off. If it was a family member of mine, I'd probably go postal at the trial.
Back to top Go down
Cyclone City Falcons
 
 
avatar

Posts : 215

PostSubject: Re: Edwin Jackson LB IND   Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:27 pm

Coachella Tremors wrote:
Solving it would take individual responsibility and values to do the right thing, but we seem to be a long way from that.  Frankly, I do not think driverless technology can get here fast enough...between drunks, folks texting (which is an every other car thing in California and Charlotte where I work) and tired truck drivers, it is a crap shoot getting on the road every day.  

I was driving home and there was a fender bender, the one car's front end was all jacked up. The cops were cleaning up the scene and the 2 cars were driving away. I pulled up next to the lady who rammed into the other car, her car still smoking from the impact...and she's texting. I'm like WTF?!

Back to top Go down
Edinburgh Galacticos
 
 
avatar

Posts : 756

PostSubject: Re: Edwin Jackson LB IND   Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:04 am

Total shit one. Just hate how certain people want to use this kids death to further political agenda!


Back to top Go down
Coachella Tremors
 
 
avatar

Posts : 190

PostSubject: Re: Edwin Jackson LB IND   Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:19 am

Edinburgh Galacticos wrote:
Total shit one. Just hate how certain people want to use this kids death to further political agenda!

Unfortunately that's what we do about everything over here now...it's sad enough without the additional garbage thrown in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Edwin Jackson LB IND   

Back to top Go down
 
Edwin Jackson LB IND
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: