Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Kansas City Kings

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:21 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
Uncle Warren still has a flip phone.  

I'd like to go back to a flip phone.

Backflip phone.  I should market that shit...to other old "get off my lawn" types.

I occasionally see a crusty old railroader here at work with a flip phone and it kind of blows my mind, where the fuck do you even get that!?

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:29 pm

Alright for those keep score at home...

I sold my POE
I sold my CND
I sold my FUN
I even sold 75% of my STRAT

That's over half a bitcoin. I put it all on SophiaTX. It'll make me a million or broke!

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:32 pm

What the fuck is going on with this stuff? 6 pages of nonsense in like 5 days? I don't want to go read it all, can someone please give me a quick 2 sentence synopsis?

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:33 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
What the fuck is going on with this stuff? 6 pages of nonsense in like 5 days? I don't want to go read it all, can someone please give me a quick 2 sentence synopsis?

Buy Low/Sell High wink

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:35 pm

I sold my POE
I sold my CND
I sold my FUN

That's over half a bitcoin.  I put it all on SophiaTX.  It'll make me a million or broke!

POE and FUN were two of the coins that I liked the most -- even if they are getting crushed now. Out of curiosity why did you get rid of them as opposed to others?

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:35 pm

Oaktown Malosos wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:

Buy Low/Sell High  wink

Damn, 253 posts for "Buy low/sell high"? Justin had 87 himself!   laughing

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:37 pm

Riverside Rottweilers wrote:
California Nightmare wrote:
going to listen to uncle warren on this one...

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/10/buffett-says-cyrptocurrencies-will-almost-certainly-end-badly.html

I'm out.

Buffett basically admits he's not well-informed on crypto: "Why in the world should I take a long or short position in something I don't know anything about."

I know its Warren, but just like with every opinion on crypto you have to take it with a grain of salt.

don't take it as me trying to discourage any of you. I am really in favor of all of you taking this shit to dave chapelle levels...

but I need to stay in my lane. even though I thought I was sure I wasn't going to pursue this adventure anymore, I hadn't walked away from the table yet, until I saw this today.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:35 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:

I sold my POE
I sold my CND
I sold my FUN

That's over half a bitcoin.  I put it all on SophiaTX.  It'll make me a million or broke!

POE and FUN were two of the coins that I liked the most -- even if they are getting crushed now.  Out of curiosity why did you get rid of them as opposed to others?

FUN and POE both have a lot of competition and I've already made a ton of money off both. I bought POE at 81 sats and FUN at 300. So I just about 4x on FUN and 12x on POE.

I like them both a lot still but the potential that I see in SPHTX has me drooling. I will probably regret this and SPHTX will crash and burn BUT if price predictions from several experts hold true this trade will be valued at $764,300 sometime in 2019.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:39 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:

I sold my POE
I sold my CND
I sold my FUN

POE and FUN were two of the coins that I liked the most -- even if they are getting crushed now.  Out of curiosity why did you get rid of them as opposed to others?

FUN and POE both have a lot of competition and I've already made a ton of money off both.  I bought POE at 81 sats and FUN at 300.  So I just about 4x on FUN and 12x on POE.  

I like them both a lot still but the potential that I see in SPHTX has me drooling.  I will probably regret this and SPHTX will crash and burn BUT if price predictions from several experts hold true this trade will be valued at $764,300 sometime in 2019.  

Thanks. I just got them and was wondering if there was something out there that caused concern and should make me rethink wanting to HODL. Yup, I just did that. Sorry, couldn't resist.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:50 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
Bergen Brawlers wrote:

I sold my POE
I sold my CND
I sold my FUN

FUN and POE both have a lot of competition and I've already made a ton of money off both.  I bought POE at 81 sats and FUN at 300.  So I just about 4x on FUN and 12x on POE.  

I like them both a lot still but the potential that I see in SPHTX has me drooling.  I will probably regret this and SPHTX will crash and burn BUT if price predictions from several experts hold true this trade will be valued at $764,300 sometime in 2019.  

Thanks.  I just got them and was wondering if there was something out there that caused concern and should make me rethink wanting to HODL.  Yup, I just did that.  Sorry, couldn't resist.

HAH! ONE OF US!

Nah they're still both great projects. SPHTX is like betting it all on black on the roulette wheel. Boom bust.

Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:22 pm

holy balls. I am busy at work for a few days and this thing goes from page 2 to page 6.. Aint no way I can keep up with this info. You guys are rockstars

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:43 pm

Rock stars or gambling addicts. Whichever.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:09 pm

Wow! This shit is volatile...I was down about 25% earlier today, and a single Alt>>>"VEN"...pumped me back up to my original stake. surprised

Back to top Go down
Southside Spartans

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:28 pm

Yeah. It’s a crazy ride. Soon you won’t even stress over 25% dips because happens all the time then bounces back (so far).

We’re in crazy times tho. 2 of the top 10 largest exchanges in the world, both in Korea, got raided today. I haven’t looked into the whys of it but didn’t seem to cause any real damage and the exchanges are still up.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:35 pm

Southside Spartans wrote:
Yeah. It’s a crazy ride. Soon you won’t even stress over 25% dips because happens all the time then bounces back (so far).

We’re in crazy times tho. 2 of the top 10 largest exchanges in the world, both in Korea, got raided today. I haven’t looked into the whys of it but didn’t seem to cause any real damage and the exchanges are still up.

40% in a day was the worst I saw. Was up 60% in the next two days though shrug

I really hope SPHTX lives up to what I know it can be. Fuck I'd be a made man on that coin.

Back to top Go down
Southside Spartans

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:38 pm

I have a little stake in Poe that I bought on New Year’s Day. Concept of it is pretty cool but I bought because (1) buddy that is good at chart stuff said it was time, (2) been getting some Twitter mention from decent crypto guys which usually helps pump a coin, (3) has some good profile backers, and (4) I feel like it should be 600ishmil market cap in this environment. Volume is pretty low tho so I keep little closer eye on it. My original plan was to sell half position when it hit +500 mil market cap and then reevaluate charts and volume.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:39 pm

CRYPTOPIA REOPENED REGISTRATIONS!!!!

This is my favorite exchange for finding super low cap coins. Even if you're not ready to buy there make an account while you can at the very least so if you DO want something there you can get it.

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Register?referrer=Banemorth

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:39 pm

Southside Spartans wrote:
I have a little stake in Poe that I bought on New Year’s Day. Concept of it is pretty cool but I bought because (1) buddy that is good at chart stuff said it was time, (2) been getting some Twitter mention from decent crypto guys which usually helps pump a coin, (3) has some good profile backers, and (4) I feel like it should be 600ishmil market cap in this environment. Volume is pretty low tho so I keep little closer eye on it. My original plan was to sell half position when it hit +500 mil market cap and then reevaluate charts and volume.

Totally solid plan. I just had to get in on SophieTX and was more attached to my other bags.

Back to top Go down
Southside Spartans

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:44 pm

You’ve been picking winners so I’ll definitely be ready SofiaTX white paper in next day or 2. cheers

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:54 pm

It's only available on EtherDelta although it's unlisted and some weird exchange I'd never heard of before. Bought it from the weird place. Let me know what you think!

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:11 pm

I've been thinking about two issues lately that may ultimately cause the US government to get involved and put significant restrictions on the crypto market.  Sure, you can go to Silk Road and other places.  But how big of an issue is that really?  But, I could see someone using this to get around campaign finance laws or be used to bribe public officials.  That WILL happen at some point and once one person gets caught the government will react.  The other is that this is a good way to get around the estate taxes and help create dynastic wealth if it is a continuing system.  For example, the Winkelvoss twins likely have over 1 billion dollars worth of bitcoin.  And that can all be transferred to someone through a deposit that cannot be tracked.  At some point the government will likely want to shut down this potential means of escaping the estate tax.  Which makes me think that the US government, and others, will most likely put systems in place to better track crypto currency.  And those systems and restrictions will certainly impact the future growth of this area.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:34 am

BTC can be tracked now but if they convert it to Monero they're good to go. New tax laws will come as will regulations but for now we're the wild west.

Boy there was a bloodbath last night but a lot of the huge losses have recovered. Was hoping for some firesale shopping today :(

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:17 am

It was a fun ride last night, especially just before midnight EST. I lost most of my gains, then went up 20%, then lost all of the gains, then recovered them. I was in for the long haul so it didn't me much but it was especially fun watching the comments on Reddit about it:

https://reddit-stream.com/comments/7pdp8e/

Back to top Go down
Southside Spartans

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:23 am

I added to a few positions last night and is the main reason I try to keep 10-15% of portfolio in cash (ETH actually) that I consider "floating money" to buy dips.

My big picture strategy is to keep my longer term hold plans on my Ledger (which includes some ETH) and have the 10-15% float (ETH) across various exchanges to buy into big dips. Then when one or two coins pump I dump some of them to get back to my ~10% float and just keep repeating the cycle. Keeping my hold coins on my ledger also protects me from myself because makes me think little more before pulling from ledger.

Back to top Go down
Southside Spartans

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:28 am

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
I've been thinking about two issues lately that may ultimately cause the US government to get involved and put significant restrictions on the crypto market.  Sure, you can go to Silk Road and other places.  But how big of an issue is that really?  But, I could see someone using this to get around campaign finance laws or be used to bribe public officials.  That WILL happen at some point and once one person gets caught the government will react.  The other is that this is a good way to get around the estate taxes and help create dynastic wealth if it is a continuing system.  For example, the Winkelvoss twins likely have over 1 billion dollars worth of bitcoin.  And that can all be transferred to someone through a deposit that cannot be tracked.  At some point the government will likely want to shut down this potential means of escaping the estate tax.  Which makes me think that the US government, and others, will most likely put systems in place to better track crypto currency.  And those systems and restrictions will certainly impact the future growth of this area.

Yeah, friends and I have discussed the 'what can bring this market down' scenarios and we've discussed this one some.  Problem for governments are there are many newer coins that specialize in quick, anonymous transfer of money with many more coins in the pipeline doing the same.  I think it will be tough for government to manage this because of the way the blockchain works.  They would almost have to come up with a new technology to stop it or brute force block all US IP's for all the various coins.  Similar to the poker/ sports book craze years ago that took some of us all of 2 minutes to get around with VPN's.  As these things usually work I do think we'll see regulations and taxes for the legal/ legit mainstream type stuff but illegal activity is going to be tough for them.  I've been waiting on the media to start spouting about Bitcoin, Russia, and Trump because why not right...they make a bunch of stuff up already and those are ratings bonanza topics.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:03 am

Been fun watching my portfolio tank from 40k down to 27k then back to 35k. Fun fun 24 hours Laughing

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:08 am

Out of curiosity what type of bump do coins normally get when added to Binance? XRB is going there soon and I have a good amount of it over at Kucoin.

I saw a bit of a bump with CAN over at Kucion. I bought some when it opened and sold a few hours later for a 50% profit before it started to come back down.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:25 am

I got in on CAN too but I'm still holding. I think it'll 2x - 3x by the end of the month.

Binance bump can be huge but XRB already has a big mcap so I'm curious to see just want that bump will be. I almost bought $1,000 of XRB at 88 cents. Whoops.

Back to top Go down
Southside Spartans

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:37 am

Yeah I'm not sure what to make of XRB either. I also own it (bought it when I saw it added to Binance vote and got lucky it won the vote) and am holding to see what happens. I do expect to see some bump just because of all the added volume potential and new money access there will be but agree with Justin with a market cap of $3.5B already I'm not sure this one will go completely crazy. Saw a few tech guys that think $5-7B cap is realistic but who knows.

For me...I'm planning to hold for a little bit after it joins Binance and reevaluate then.

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:56 am

I'm grasping small things little by little.  Here's this mornings question.  So coins can be bought before they hit Binance?  I see this talk about Kucoin.  Is this were you can find more early stage coins?  I've only been messing with Binance.  I saw Justin mention Cryptopia too.  Is that a place where you can get in on some early stuff too?  I mean, I'd like to try my hand on snagging a ride to the moon. shrug

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:12 am

Bern, here's my understanding.

Coinbase is where you buy coins -- but only ETH, BTC, LTC, and BTH.

Binance is an exchange -- where you can trade ETH or LTC (or other things) for smaller or other coins. Kucoin and Cyrptopia are also exchanges. But one difference is the coins that you can get. The other is volume. Binance has larger volume so there is more money to pump up the value of coins.

And there are a lot of other smaller exchanges. And then you have the IOCs (initial coin offerings) where people sell coin -- not sure where that happens.

So, XRB (Raiblocks) did an IOC. Then was trading on, among other places, Kucoin. Binance apparently does a monthly vote on coins to add and XRB won. So it should be added within a month. At that point, people like you who are only on Binance will have a chance to buy XRB for the first time. So there is a potential that the coin could increase in value because you have a large pool of people who finally get a chance at the coin.

CAN (canyacoin) did the same with Kucoin. It was likely traded on smaller exchanges but got on Kucoin yesterday. And those who are only on Kucoin (or Kucoin and Binance or other exchanges that didn't have CAN) finally got a chance to buy it on January 8. And it dipped initially (ICO buyers selling off) then took off. Then dropped when people like I sold. And then it seems to have picked up -- likely when people on Kucoin who really didn't know about the addition just noticed the coin and bought it. Basically people just looking at numbers and picking a coin. The chart is below if you're interested.

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/canyacoin/

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:32 am

You swapped your letters around there Russ they're ICO's but you got the rest of it.

Typically new coins are listed on shitty backwater exchanges. For example XRB was on a site called Mercatox which was absolutely terrible. This holds back the coin's value because people don't want to sign up on such shit sites. As they get on bigger exchanges (Binance is the largest) they can explode.

There are HUNDREDS of exchanges. I've signed up for three new ones just this week to chase these new coins I'm high on.

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:36 am

Thanks Russ.  I've got the Coinbase & Binance stuff figured out (thanks to Justin's first tutorial video).  I've also found an ICO alert web site.  It sounds like there are all types of places to make a purchase of an ICO for a company.  I know each company raises money by pre-sale of coins, but I was looking more for the ICO's that hit the open markets to the public.  Now I've found stuff like crowd-sales and the list of information just goes on and on.  I mean there's medical stuff coming out, fantasy sports stuff coming out, and all kinds of other stuff.  dizzy   I better get back to the safety of Binance.  At least that was starting to make some sense to me. grin

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:44 am

Some additional quick thoughts from a very inexperienced guy. Binance is great for reporting and transparency. You know what you got. But it can be a bit clunky to get a quick view of your portfolio or how much it's worth in dollars.

Kucoin is great for giving you a quick view of overall value but there's not much transparency in fees, etc. And it seems to pitch and promote coins a lot more than Binance. But Kucoin has one chart that I love which shows buy and sell orders -- trade walls -- so that you can get a quick idea of where the coin may go. Yes, not everybody does this but you can see where people have placed stop/limit orders and where the coin may face hiccups in gaining value.

You'll also notice that pricing is different at different sites because it's what people there are paying. So I guess there are some arbitrage possibilities if you're really paying attention. I've also figured out that not only does Coinbase have crazy fees but they "value" their coins higher than most exchanges. So you're basically paying a premium to buy a coin which acts as another fee.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:00 pm

Outsider view/question:

This shit is hot right now. I know you've all started at different times and who knows what this crypto stuff will look like long term....but due to it's volatility....how much of your time (since diving in) per day/week/whatever is devoted to this stuff?

From reading this thread, it seems like it has to be a TON. Between research and monitoring and whatever else...I know it's like FF in that someone can devote as much or as little as they want but I get the feeling it's very consuming at this point.

I'm just curious.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:02 pm

Guys I'm going to put this in huge bold letters so you all take heed, I didn't expect any of you to jump into the waters of ICO's so quickly!

If you are buying into an ICO you need to send the ETH to fund it from YOUR OWN WALLET ADDRESS. Be it on MEW or whatever but DO NOT SEND IT FROM COINBASE WALLET OR AN EXCHANGE!!! You will never get your ICO tokens. The ICO will send the tokens BACK to the ETH address you sent from and the exchange will not recognize those tokens and they will be GONE.

Russ Binance also has the depth chart. You just have to click over to it from the sticks.

Back to top Go down
Southside Spartans

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:03 pm

Etherdelta has been thought of the exchange where almost all ERC20 coins start (which is the majority of ICO's). That's kind of how they got started and what they specialize in. There are a TON of coins on this site half of which I've never even heard of. It's probably my 2nd most used exchange after Binance. As Justin said lately there have been a lot of new exchanges with many of the same small coins.

Etherdelta is a decentralized exchange meaning there is no customer support and all buys/ sells are done with smart contracts. For newer people this can be very confusing (hell I've been using them for a while and still have to double check what I'm doing). Volume is usually pretty decent and like a said they have most coins so I keep using them.

If interested in Etherdelta a youtuber (cryptobobby) just did a nice Etherdelta tutorial video that was pretty good and helps explain it.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:06 pm

Honestly Andy I am investing a ton of time into it right now. I didn't at first but I've made what, to me, is a really good amount of money. It now deserves a bigger share of my focus and attention. I'm doing my absolute best right now to hunt out undervalued coins that will be the "next big thing." Sure I could buy VEN, NEO, OMG, ICX, and a dozen other "sure fire" coins and make 10x my money but I want to swing for the fences now so that's what I'm doing.

Once I'm "happy" with my portfolio (and I'm getting close) I will probably spend far less time digging. What I'm doing right now would be considered over-trading by many (myself included) but I really want to take some risks with my eyes set on six figures by the end of the month.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:08 pm

If anyone is interested I'll do a post soon with all my long term positions, kind of like I did in the first post which is now kind of irrelevant besides to look back and see how badly I fucked up Laughing I have very few of the coins I started with, not because they're bad but because I feel like their upside was limited.

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:17 pm

Guys I'm going to put this in huge bold letters so you all take heed, I didn't expect any of you to jump into the waters of ICO's so quickly!  

If you are buying into an ICO you need to send the ETH to fund it from YOUR OWN WALLET ADDRESS.  Be it on MEW or whatever but DO NOT SEND IT FROM COINBASE WALLET OR AN EXCHANGE!!!  You will never get your ICO tokens.  The ICO will send the tokens BACK to the ETH address you sent from and the exchange will not recognize those tokens and they will be GONE.  

Russ Binance also has the depth chart.  You just have to click over to it from the sticks.  

Thanks Justin! vote yes  I've only been researching stuff and haven't really dove into anything.  And yes, I'm getting way ahead of myself for my own good. laughing   I've only done the Coinbase to Binance steps to get a feel for things.  I do things in baby steps, but my brain gets way out ahead of me with thoughts.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:22 pm

No worries I just don't want to see anyone losing thousands because they sent ETH from an exchange address. Rookie mistake Laughing

Back to top Go down
Southside Spartans

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:40 pm

Haven’t given it much thought before Andy asked but estimate for me is probable about 10 hours a week. I use Delta and Twitter a little through the day to keep up. At night I usually spend about an hour looking at white papers, reallocating stuff, and watching videos (guys in the space and/or conferences from developers i’m Interested in). I’m sure there have been weeks way above that and way below but that’s probably good guess. I go to bed 2-3 hours after family so works for us and I’ve made way more in crypto the last 6 months than I have in my real job

Last edited by Southside Spartans on Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:43 pm

That's what I was doing John but I've honestly been doing that daily for the past week or two. My eyes bleed. Right now my power rankings for how confident I am that this token will make you money in a big way in order from Highest to Lowest -

SPHTX
HPB
DNA
WISH
ELIX
XBY
OST
DRGN
MSP
DOT
OPT

DYOR I'll do an in depth post on each coin and WHY I like it when I have more time.

Back to top Go down
Maple Grove Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:52 pm

Very dumb question here. I may know the answer.

How is this any different than finding a penny stock, that could hit big?

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:02 pm

Maple Grove Mean Machine wrote:

In a lot of ways it's exactly the same except that the crypto market is stupidly hot right now. Picking projects that LEGITIMATE products that solve REAL PROBLEMS will win out in the end. There will be countless white paper projects that never get off the ground that will still make people stupid rich but I'm doing my absolute best to just focus on what will be the titans of the industry for years to come instead of chasing the quick pump.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:13 pm

I remember reading an article about the China stock market.  Basically a stock got a bump whenever it was in the news -- even if it was for something bad.  Because people recognized the name and weren't doing research. It seems like this is very similar.  Add in the fact that there is really no regulation and people can say whatever they want about coins on reddit, twitter, etc. and you've got a market where it appears that name recognition matters more than the merits of a project.

I put out a post on twitter about cyrpto and half of the replies were from people recommending electroneum.  And then I looked around a lot of other people were hyping it.  It may have some merit but it certainly has an active group of people promoting the name.  

I also see the same thing with PRL.  It looks like there is some rebranding, new website, etc. coming in a few days.  And I wouldn't be surprised to see a bump once that happens - not because the site makes it more profitable - but because it puts the name out there.

Back to top Go down
Southside Spartans

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:35 pm

Last edited by Southside Spartans on Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Riverside Rottweilers

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:37 pm

Maple Grove Mean Machine wrote:

It can take years to build a company. It can take only minutes to grow an altcoin.

Back to top Go down
Tenafly Vipers

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:24 pm

Overnight plunge in cryptos may be related to this news: South Korea plans to ban cryptocurrency trading, rattles market

Back to top Go down
Riverside Rottweilers

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:52 pm

Tenafly Vipers wrote:
Overnight plunge in cryptos may be related to this news: South Korea plans to ban cryptocurrency trading, rattles market

I heard something about how this is only partially true. I know a few, less reputable crypto exchanges got shut down, and I think people mistook that to mean crypto was being banned.

I know some countries are taking steps to regulate/ban/centralize crypto trading, but I don't think there's any well-defined path forward for any nation at the moment. As the article said, any move to regulation would likely take months, if not longer.

While there's no need to panic just yet, it does worry me that governments are just chomping at the bit to regulate and tax the shit out of crypto. Even then, I have faith in the technology that it will take governments a while to get control of everything, at which point hopefully the usefulness of crypto will have proven itself to the point where they have no choice but to legalize it.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   

Back to top Go down

Crypto Currency
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Free For All-
Jump to: