:: I forgot my password

Share | 

Crypto Currency

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:16 pm

I've dove in as well. I don't have a ton to invest but enough to get my feet wet and see how it goes. Hoping to invest more in the months to come. Good luck everyone. Hopefully we can share our stories as we go. Should be an interesting ride.

Back to top Go down
Kansas City Kings

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:19 pm

Sure wish I could actually register for an exchange... Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:24 pm

I fully believe that this is a bubble just waiting to burst or possibly even akin to a ponzi scheme. And when it bursts, it will be ugly.

But I still think there are a lot of people that will get into this before it happens. Just look at what happened here. Most of us have thought about this, read about this, etc. But no one jumped into it. Until someone showed us how. And now we are dipping our toes in the water. I think that this will happen with our parents (or kids) and their parents and our friends and co-workers. And when they hop in what we have should tick up in value. But, like the housing market, those coming in at the end will be the ones who take the hardest hit -- i.e. buying in high and then watching it fall.

With that in mind, I think that one might be better off with the basic coins with the thought that the new money will go there before going after some of the designer coins that Justin and John have been talking about. In other words, my dad is going to buy ETH before he buys anything else -- especially if ETH is the gateway that gets you to the other coins. So staying there seems to have the greatest shot at a return and appears to have the least amount of risk.

In contrast it seems like a lot of the stocks John and Justin are talking about are more like penny stocks -- not expensive and could be worth a ton if they hit. But will most likely not do much.

Just my thoughts -- and I hadn't really done much with this until earlier today. So take it for what it's worth.

On a related note, I did buy a bunch of stock in a friends and family round in 1996 in a tech company. Other than a tax break it was pretty much worthless.

Back to top Go down
Riverside Rottweilers

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:38 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
I fully believe that this is a bubble just waiting to burst or possibly even akin to a ponzi scheme.  And when it bursts, it will be ugly.  

But I still think there are a lot of people that will get into this before it happens.  Just look at what happened here.  Most of us have thought about this, read about this, etc.  But no one jumped into it.  Until someone showed us how.  And now we are dipping our toes in the water.  I think that this will happen with our parents (or kids) and their parents and our friends and co-workers.  And when they hop in what we have should tick up in value.  But, like the housing market, those coming in at the end will be the ones who take the hardest hit -- i.e. buying in high and then watching it fall.

With that in mind, I think that one might be better off with the basic coins with the thought that the new money will go there before going after some of the designer coins that Justin and John have been talking about.  In other words, my dad is going to buy ETH before he buys anything else -- especially if ETH is the gateway that gets you to the other coins.  So staying there seems to have the greatest shot at a return and appears to have the least amount of risk.  

In contrast it seems like a lot of the stocks John and Justin are talking about are more like penny stocks -- not expensive and could be worth a ton if they hit.  But will most likely not do much.

Just my thoughts -- and I hadn't really done much with this until earlier today.  So take it for what it's worth.

On a related note, I did buy a bunch of stock in a friends and family round in 1996 in a tech company.  Other than a tax break it was pretty much worthless.

I think a good approach here is to keep a lot of your investment in the "bigger" coins (etherium, bitcoin, litecoin, etc.) and diversify by investing 50% ish in mid-cap and small-cap coins. A lot of the mid caps are pretty stable, albeit riskier than the "big 5" coins. I think the "penny stocks" comparison describes small-cap and ICOs (brand new coins), probably wouldn't put too much money into these.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:18 pm

Hmm looks like binance isn't taking new accounts right now...

thinking

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:20 pm

The interesting thing about Bitcoin, Litecoin, and Ethereium is that they're already VERY dated. It took me four hours yesterday to get ETH from Binance to Kucoin because the network is so congested. They're old though and they're stable. There are already several coins that do what they do 10x better. They'll be supplanted eventually. Bitcoin will hold out the longest because it's literally the #1 trading pair.

Time will tell. Raiblocks for example is feeless and nearly INSTANT transactions. It was 30 cents a month ago and over $30 now. The growth has been exponential.

Here's a fun graphic though. What if you had invested $1,000 in each of the top twenty coins listed on Coin Market Cap on Jan 1 2017? One year later you'd have...

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:21 pm

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:

thinking

Kucoin and Cryptopia are great exchanges as well with more hidden gems. Binance is my favorite exchange but if you want to get in on shit EARLY it's Kucoin and Cryptopia. If anyone wants my favorites from these two exchanges let me know. My referral links are in the first post.

Back to top Go down
Southside Spartans

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:21 pm

I usually don't talk details or really give specific advice but for clarity sake over 60% of my current crypto portfolio is in the bigger players (Bitcoin, Ethereum, Monero, and Litecoin) and that's after the recent altcoin super run; it was over 80% before this push. I dabbled with smaller amounts of money for almost a year with just Bitcoin and Ethereum before venturing out to the other exchanges last fall.

Now if it's a bubble or not I really have no idea. Well I'll rephrase that...yes I believe it's a bubble but I have no idea how much more air we can pump into it. I don't think we're close to the bursting point yet. I never in my wildest dreams thought it would hit these numbers but the game has changed now. The market cap on some of these coins is crazy. If BTC was a company it's market cap would put it as the 13th largest US company and 34th largest in the world just behind Walmart and ahead of companies like AT&T, Intel, Home Depot, P&G, Anheuser-Busch, etc...

I originally got into crypto because I liked the idea of a decentralized currency but it didn't occur to me that it was an investment. Probably why I'm not stupid rich right now :/. The fundamentalist side of me says we're WAY overextended and due for a major correction (50% range). Problem with that theory, and why I'm still investing, is because this is just starting to hit mainstream and the institutional money is flowing in. That's the reason the main coins in the space rocketed up last year. That drove tons of media publicity which gets mainstream people into the fold. They can't justify buying $15K+ bitcoin or even the high hundred/ low thousand dollar coins so they buy the lower priced coins. Right now supply can't keep up with demand and dang near everyone is making money. But...as you can probably tell by some of my posts here I do worry that lots of people are backing shitcoins that really don't have much of a purpose or long term value (IMO). Yes they're going up and making people rich but I have this crazy fear of being the one holding the bag at the end so I research stuff a lot before buying in and I take profits at my set marks even if market still going higher. Now all my money in is house money and I've made a huge dent in both kids college funds with little extra for my toys ;) so I'm loving the ride. I left a lot of money on table but missed a lot of the big dips that may have tempted me to sell at bad times. Working with house money has relieved a lot of stress some feel when these things go down 30-50% in one day but so far have to stick with it and it comes back. This is why we've recommended playing with money you can lose and let ride.

This reminds me somewhat of the dot.com craze when that started. At the beginning/ middle everything was hot and many of them had nothing solid backing them up. Some were obviously bad to anyone technical, some looked great on paper with no plan, some had good tech but terrible teams, and some made it and changed the world. Problem was people were overextending into all of them and ended up losing tons. From that dot.com bubble the big boys came out of it and are some of the strongest companies around (Apple, MSFT, Amazon, Ebay, etc...). 4 months ago I thought Ethereum and Litecoin were poised to make big moves and pass Bitcoin but lately I'm not so sure (Litecoin founder sold all his LTC stock and is working on other projects while still helping LTC and Ethereum founder (Vitalik) recently tweeted he would leave the space if crypto community doesn't grow up). Both have recently explained why the did/ said what they did and I still think both are dedicated to their coins with excellent tech but it made me a little nervous about future value of coins. If either of them would say they were leaving the space that coin would likely tank no matter how good the tech is behind it. And then who knows if that's the needle in the bubble.

Dang...another book here but there's so much going on with this and I love this stuff. This rabbit hole is SO deep I think I could talk/ write about it 24/7. I've admittedly started swaying more towards the investor side from the cool tech side but I still try to buy coins I think make sense long term and not follow the latest push.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:28 pm

Fantastic post John. You invest way more conservatively than me. I really like Monero though and it has a ton of room for growth even at its current price. The best thing you can do is research projects that really resound with you and you feel like they fill a need and niche. Some really fucking stupid projects are hitting billions in market cap and it's absolutely astounding. That's what worries me the most to be honest. Seeing some of these absolute shitty coins blowing up the way they are.

People are going to get burned but with as much new money that's flowing in as there is there will always be more people jumping in because of FOMO without doing research.

Do your research. Pick the projects you really believe in and pick one or two that are moon shots.

Take XBY for example. XBY is my moonshot. It has a million red flags around it. The development is closed source, the devs are secretive about their own identities, and other things. The tech they've already put out though is really impressive and they've had two successful test nets. This coin will hit $50 in a year or $0. Who knows which it'll be but I'm along for the ride.

The important thing is to know what you're getting in to and having fun with it.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:31 pm

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:

thinking

Kucoin and Cryptopia are great exchanges as well with more hidden gems.  Binance is my favorite exchange but if you want to get in on shit EARLY it's Kucoin and Cryptopia.  If anyone wants my favorites from these two exchanges let me know.  My referral links are in the first post.  

Ok I signed up for Kucoin. Now what? laughing

Back to top Go down
Southside Spartans

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:34 pm

I totally agree with Justin that BTC and ETH need to change or they will get passed. The blocksize they have is limiting them a lot and why we went through a phase of BTC forking (or almost forking) to help speed them up. The site I posted earlier shows they can't keep up with current amount of transactions and that's just people buying and selling with very small percentage of people using it for it's "intended" purpose. Vitalik (ETH founder) had a lot of cool ideas he discussed and some things he floated out there he's working on during DEVCON3 last October that would really help ETH if he can get them to work.

Will definitely be interesting to see which coins hit mainstream use first. My kids each have LTC wallets on their phone and I've transferred tiny amounts of LTC to them to show them what the future of money probably looks like. They LOVE it and don't understand why we have to carry cash at all anymore.

And this 'space' isn't just about currency anymore. Actually most the coins are less about currency exchange and more about blockchain data management. Every major company in the world has someone working on blockchain and how it can help their business. This is the space a lot of the coins Justin and I mentioned live in. It is the future for sure, it's just finding who the leader will be.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:35 pm

Do your own research but these are my top KuCoin picks:

Deep Brain Chain (DBC)
Dragonchain (DRGN)
Raiblocks (XRB) - this one is being rebranded and listed on Binance soon!
OysterPearl (PRL)
VeChain (VEN)
ETHLend (LEND)
Bounty0x (BNTY)

I am personally invested in DRGN, DBC and LEND. I wish I was in the rest but you can't be in every coin.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:36 pm

Quote :
And this 'space' isn't just about currency anymore. Actually most the coins are less about currency exchange and more about blockchain data management. Every major company in the world has someone working on blockchain and how it can help their business. This is the space a lot of the coins Justin and I mentioned live in. It is the future for sure, it's just finding who the leader will be.

The absolute heart of it. That's why I'm so excited for the upcoming ICO DADI which aims to be the AWS of the blockchain. Very cool shit.

Back to top Go down
Southside Spartans

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:47 pm

DADI looks interesting. May have to dabble a little in that ICO.

I didn't know anyone on KuCoin but have been interested in trying it out. I'll take another look at that and the coins you mentioned tonight. Will use your code if I join.

Back to top Go down
Latvia Unicorns

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:09 pm

I don't believe in Crypto Currency but this blockchain thing looks like the future. I may dabble as a long term investment once I do some proper research. Been looking to start investing for the last few months anyway.

Back to top Go down
Manhattan Beach Militia

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:55 pm

I'm having difficulty completing my registration with Coinbase. First I was informed they could not verify who I was. Then after logging off and then back on, I was asked for method of payment. I provided a legit credit cards and I received and error requesting I try again later.

Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:06 pm

I dunno apparently there has been a HUGE influx of people signing up. It's causing issues with several sites.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:08 pm

Southside Spartans wrote:
DADI looks interesting.  May have to dabble a little in that ICO.

I didn't know anyone on KuCoin but have been interested in trying it out.  I'll take another look at that and the coins you mentioned tonight.  Will use your code if I join.

Lots of people calling Kucoin the next Binance. KCS will probably be $$$

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:06 pm

I think I would be more apt to look into all of this if the process was simpler. Add in the volatility and I'll probably stay away even though the potential is crazy.

Back to top Go down
Manhattan Beach Militia

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:19 pm

Oh well. I'm having a difficult time verifying my account. I only have one attempt left today, so I may hold off, which is a bummer as I was looking forward to jumping in.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:59 pm

I verified my account with a picture of myself with my driver's license. Was pretty quick and painless. Used my webcam

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:13 pm

Southside Spartans wrote:
DADI looks interesting.  May have to dabble a little in that ICO.

I didn't know anyone on KuCoin but have been interested in trying it out.  I'll take another look at that and the coins you mentioned tonight.  Will use your code if I join.

Don't get involved with DADI. Scumbags totally ripped off SONM's whitepaper. Even if they're legit that's pretty fucking shitty.

SONM left and DADI right.

Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:23 pm

You guys blow my mind with this. 4 real

Back to top Go down
Riverside Rottweilers

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:32 pm

Manhattan Beach Militia wrote:
I'm having difficulty completing my registration with Coinbase.  First I was informed they could not verify who I was.  Then after logging off and then back on, I was asked for method of payment.  I provided a legit credit cards and I received and error requesting I try again later.

Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks.

I've been trying to get verified for a few days now. Binance is also refusing new registrations. It's just a temporary influx of new people into crypto causing problems on many of the sites.

Back to top Go down
Southside Spartans

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:55 pm

Nice catch with DADI whitepaper. Maybe I'll look closer at SONM now ;).

Justin's comment that I was conservative stuck with me yesterday and I agree that I have been a little conservative in this space. This morning I decided to take a shot with small percentage of my portfolio and try to hit some of these smaller under the radar altcoins. Sold some ETH so we'll see what happens.

Back to top Go down
Manhattan Beach Militia

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:04 pm

thinking

Kucoin and Cryptopia are great exchanges as well with more hidden gems.  Binance is my favorite exchange but if you want to get in on shit EARLY it's Kucoin and Cryptopia.  If anyone wants my favorites from these two exchanges let me know.  My referral links are in the first post.  

Ok I signed up for Kucoin.  Now what?  laughing

Same question here. I was able to establish accounts on Coinbase and Kucoin. Just not sure how to proceed next. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks...

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:37 pm

See my other post Tim with my Kucoin favorites. Do some research on those and pick your favorites (and others!) If you have specific questions let me know.

Back to top Go down
Manhattan Beach Militia

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:50 pm

See my other post Tim with my Kucoin favorites.  Do some research on those and pick your favorites (and others!)  If you have specific questions let me know.

Thanks Justin. I researched some of those and have to say, they are all very interesting.

Once I deposit in Coinbase, how do I get make the transfer to Kucoin. I'm sure you've mentioned this already, but after a few drinks while watching football, for the life of me I can't find it.

If you wouldn't mind giving me some direction, that would be great.

Thanks!

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:53 pm

See the video I posted. It's for Binance but Kucoin is the same. You need to get your deposit address from Kucoin and then send to that address from Coinbase. So if you have ETH on Coinbase you need your ETH deposit address on Kucoin and send it.

Back to top Go down
Manhattan Beach Militia

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:01 pm

See the video I posted.  It's for Binance but Kucoin is the same.  You need to get your deposit address from Kucoin and then send to that address from Coinbase.  So if you have ETH on Coinbase you need your ETH deposit address on Kucoin and send it.  

Much appreciated. Thanks!

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:18 pm

No problemo brother!

Friend and I had identical portfolio values this morning but he had put in $1,000 more.

Then Neblio took off which he was invested in heavily. He went from 30k to 40k today. I went from 30k to 31k. He's kicking my ass now Laughing

Back to top Go down
Kansas City Kings

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:54 pm

Bought in this morning on GDAX for 5 Ethereum. unfortunatly everything is so congested that it wont arrive in my wallet until the 13th.

Kucoin was the only other exchange i could register for that had the alt coin i plan on targeting first (substratum). I am very excited.

I had my buddy who has been trading for a year come over a basically hold my hand through starting MEW and transactions, VERY helpful I would have been fucking lost otherwise.

Have you looked into Polymath Justin? If you have what are your thoughts?

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:31 am

I cant get past the 2 step google verification on Kucoin so I gave up there. I try the scanning of the barcode but the 6 digit code it gives works until I get to the 2nd part there I either do not know what to do or something because I cannot get past that part.

Maybe its a google thing

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:06 am

Kansas City Kings wrote:
Bought in this morning on GDAX for 5 Ethereum.  unfortunatly everything is so congested that it wont arrive in my wallet until the 13th.  

Kucoin was the only other exchange i could register for that had the alt coin i plan on targeting first (substratum).  I am very excited.  

I had my buddy who has been trading for a year come over a basically hold my hand through starting MEW and transactions, VERY helpful I would have been fucking lost otherwise.

Have you looked into Polymath Justin?  If you have what are your thoughts?  

It looks cool but I was annoyed I couldn't sign up for the airdrop because I don't have an ETH address with transactions. I just use exchanges Laughing

I'll have to wait! I wish there was more info out about it. If it can pull off what it aims to do it will be huge.

Back to top Go down
Kansas City Kings

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:12 am

Kansas City Kings wrote:
Bought in this morning on GDAX for 5 Ethereum.  unfortunatly everything is so congested that it wont arrive in my wallet until the 13th.  

Kucoin was the only other exchange i could register for that had the alt coin i plan on targeting first (substratum).  I am very excited.  

It looks cool but I was annoyed I couldn't sign up for the airdrop because I don't have an ETH address with transactions.  I just use exchanges Laughing  

I'll have to wait!  I wish there was more info out about it.  If it can pull off what it aims to do it will be huge.  

That is what I was thinking. Thank you for your thoughts.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:49 am

Boy so I'm changing my resolution from "no trading" to "trading less." I sold half my DeepBrainChain and put it into Elixir. Whee.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:23 am

So is it a strategy to hold mostly with some trading? I’m investing in things I like and believe in but also some I think will make gains and then sell high to gain some profit. Should I just be trying to hold long term or a combination of both with these smaller coins? I’m basicallly experimenting at this point to get comfortable before laying in big bucks.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:24 am

Carolina Silverbacks wrote:
So is it a strategy to hold mostly with some trading?  I’m investing in things I like and believe in but also some I think will make gains and then sell high to gain some profit. Should I just be trying to hold long term or a combination of both with these smaller coins?  I’m basicallly experimenting at this point to get comfortable before laying in big bucks.

Holding long term in projects you believe in is always the best strategy. I'm going to do another video at some point talking about market cap and things you should look for in potential long shot coins as well as how to evaluate trade success.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:46 am

So is it a strategy to hold mostly with some trading?  I’m investing in things I like and believe in but also some I think will make gains and then sell high to gain some profit. Should I just be trying to hold long term or a combination of both with these smaller coins?  I’m basicallly experimenting at this point to get comfortable before laying in big bucks.

Holding long term in projects you believe in is always the best strategy.  I'm going to do another video at some point talking about market cap and things you should look for in potential long shot coins as well as how to evaluate trade success.  

Ok. Thanks. I want to start developing a plan instead of just going in without one. I appreciate all the advice.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:53 am

Holding long term in projects you believe in is always the best strategy.  I'm going to do another video at some point talking about market cap and things you should look for in potential long shot coins as well as how to evaluate trade success.  

Looking forward to this. I seriously doubt it can be as easy as it feels so far laughing

Back to top Go down
Kansas City Kings

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:37 pm

Kansas City Kings wrote:

It looks cool but I was annoyed I couldn't sign up for the airdrop because I don't have an ETH address with transactions.  I just use exchanges Laughing  

I'll have to wait!  I wish there was more info out about it.  If it can pull off what it aims to do it will be huge.  

Do you feel comfortable leaving coins in the exchanges? Is there nothing to worry about security wise?

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:47 pm

Kansas City Kings wrote:
Kansas City Kings wrote:

Do you feel comfortable leaving coins in the exchanges?  Is there nothing to worry about security wise?

Look up Mt. Gox. That's a very do as I say and not as I do type of thing. You should never just let your coins sit on an exchange. I do because I'm a horrible person.

Back to top Go down
Kansas City Kings

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:50 pm

Kansas City Kings wrote:
Kansas City Kings wrote:

Do you feel comfortable leaving coins in the exchanges?  Is there nothing to worry about security wise?

Look up Mt. Gox.  That's a very do as I say and not as I do type of thing.  You should never just let your coins sit on an exchange.  I do because I'm a horrible person.  

That was my understanding but after you said that I thought I should ask Incase you knew something different. I have a MEW for now until I get around to getting a ledger.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:59 pm

Really soon I'm going to get a Trezor and pull most of my long holds off. Soon. Eventually. Any day now.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:12 pm

Alright so I bought into DeepBrainChain at 1060 sats and just sold all my holdings at 2020 sats.  I took all that and moved it Elixir.  It has a low supply and a low market cap and it relatively new.  Very small team but they are dedicated and seem to be making a very quality product.  Choochoo.

When I made the first post on January 3rd this was my total portfolio:

Total portfolio value is 1.52 BTC or just over $23,000.

Now it's at 2.09 BTC or just over $34,000.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:46 pm

Alright so I bought into DeepBrainChain at 1060 sats and just sold all my holdings at 2020 sats.  I took all that and moved it Elixir.  It has a low supply and a low market cap and it relatively new.  Very small team but they are dedicated and seem to be making a very quality product.  Choochoo.

surprised

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:06 pm

Alright here's my next video. Let me know if there are any questions my friends. I'm worried about making them too long and boring so I do rush through some stuff.

Back to top Go down
Southside Spartans

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:34 pm

Kansas City Kings wrote:

My rule of thumb is anything I'm thinking of holding long term (in crypto I consider that over a month) I move to my Ledger Nano (offline wallet similar to Trezor Justin mentioned). My gut tells me one of these exchanges will be hit sooner than later (if not money stolen then potentially a DOS which could hurt with how fast coins can move). There have been some rumblings out there of teams trying to make moves but majority of time that's just BS kids trying to act cool. In my personal overall portfolio my longer term ones that are offline account for about 60% of my holdings (was closer to 80% until recent pumps).

One thing to mention is with the majority of coins, whenever you move them that comes at a small fee. Some coins are MUCH worse than others but something to understand when moving them offline if you see less in your wallet after moving. Another reason I just roll the dice and leave the shorter term coins on the exchange.

Back to top Go down
Southside Spartans

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:35 pm

Nice video Justin. Should really help a lot of people. I was trying to explain the importance of market cap to someone this morning at church but wasn't getting through to him so I'm going to forward your video.

I track satoshi's as well but I'm in the any positive USD is a win. I have plenty of BRC in my portfolio so I don't feel bad when that goes up ;).

Back to top Go down
Southside Spartans

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:37 pm

Very nice. Gotta love locking in profits. I'm still in DBC and going to let it ride a little more and see what happens.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crypto Currency   

Back to top Go down

Crypto Currency
Page 3 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Free For All-
Jump to: