:: I forgot my password
x

Share | 

In the Books! Week 16 of 2017

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: In the Books! Week 16 of 2017   Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:26 am

As I strap in to get all the payouts done I realize it's Friday and I owe my final installment of this article.  Week 16 and 2017 as a whole...here we go.

Well, this is a fine good morning to me as I discover Bill got his wish and my high score of the week was stat corrected to just below his score.  Fuckin cunt.  laughing  With 321.50 points, the Charm City Justice take the cash and run.

His opponent, the Oaktown Malosos scored 300.18 points which is the most for a losing team this week.  Tom did his best Dante from Clerks impression by screaming "I'm not supposed to be here today."

They were playing in The Best of the Worst Curse bowl which only adds insult to injury if you ask me.  Let's review:
Bill $120
Tom $5
Andy $0

Yup, go fuck yourself!

In the NFL Pick'em game this week the Kane County Goon Squad takes top honors with 124 points and the Indiana Mayhem were penalized 5WB because when you're in the championship game apparently you're too cool.   wink

...and now the Pick'em game is over.  With 1,417 points, the winner of the contest is the Atlanta Africans who walk away with a cool 40WB.  The rest of the payouts look like this...

40WB - Atlanta Africans
30WB - Bergen Brawlers
20WB - San Francisco Golddiggers
12WB - Muskego Muskies tied for 4th/5th
12WB - Naperville Divine tied for 4th/5th
2WB - North Wales Knights tied for 6th place
2WB - Kane County Goon Squad tied for 6th place

In Survivor, there are 4 people that just won't give it up.  So they shall press on.  This has never happened before because I have always been able to do full payouts....so part of my process today will be to start a thread specifically for the conclusion of this game to keep me accountable for paying out the prizes for it when it ends.

Now, let's go bottom up to see some final results.
The Edinburgh Galacticos triumphed over the Manhattan Beach Patriots to capture the consolation bracket in the Minor League.  Well done Paul!  That's how you rectify a less than ideal season in the payouts department.

In the Big League, as was mentioned before the Charm City Justice bested the Oaktown Malosos for the same honor.  Way to go Bill, ya greedy cunt!  tongue

Back to the Minor League, to put a bow on their finish.  In 5th place, the Denver Demons left no doubt in Week 16 as they completely sucked the soul out of the Carolina Silverbacks.  The Southside Spartans, after a very solid season, sadly dropped the wrong few games including this one to end up in 4th place (still damn respectable).  Defeating those Spartans were the Philadelphia Pigskins who capture 3rd place which would be more impressive if Old Matt weren't a veteran around these parts.  Speaking of old dusty veterans of Roster Wars, in second place the honey-covered Justin and his Mohawk Ridge Marauders came up just shy of the title with their 311 point effort to finish in 2nd place.  That leaves just one team left...

The Minor League champion, silent but deadly, walks never runs, orange doesn't replace the black, a new Bob is in town and clearly a hater of bees....the HADDONFIELD SLASHERS!!!!  Congratulations Bob!

Over to the Big League...

In 5th place, the North Wales Knights snuck up behind the Littleton Silverballers who claimed to have given up because they were down their top player (oh boo hoo) and Joe mercilessly executed Derrick.  Damn Joe...a little violent are we?  The Norfolk Bombers of the BenDave clan were not explosive enough (get it? haha) to take 3rd place away from the slightly bitter undead (especially fitting this season) who posted the 1st 2nd highest score of the week.  Fuckin' Bill!  The Hamilton SteelCats had a great season.  They made it to the big game for the second time which is fucking impressive but the good times end there as they curled up into a little furball when Todd needed them the most and they end the 2017 season in 2nd place.  The glory of 2017 belongs to Carla, just another chapter in The Odyssey and her Indiana Mayhem as they fortunately turned a 295.06 day into the ultimate prize...a Roster Wars championship.  Congratulations once again Carla!!!  Well deserved!

For those keeping score at home, the DD and the TT tied at 6-6 in this years edition of battle of the conferences.  Boring!  I'm not give a thought on all the games because I have enough to do today but if you lost you suck and if you won you probably still suck.  haha.

Scoring 322 to take down the Minor League crown, the Slashers were all too aware the soft 295 that it took to win the Big League for the Mayhem.  When their eyes met at the fictitious awards ceremony recently, it was a tense moment to say the least...

RB Todd Gurley (Eternals and I believe the Justice) rocked a 49.60 point effort which is 4th all-time in club history and yet still a solid 10 points shy of the record at the position.  A great game to cap off one hell of a season.  Arnold Swarzeneggar means good things when he says you look like a Gurley Man.

There's nothing else to report on in the performances department so our Progressive Pot in all her beauty is safe heading into 2018.  Her days of giving it away easily are gone so prepare to do some wooing if you want her to put out in the future.

So I think that's that for the article this week folks.  Now it's on to processing of the funds for me and I have a strawberry rhubarb pie waiting for me when I finish as incentive.  Hope you enjoyed some of the articles this year, it sucks I have to mail a few in due to excessive work weeks but we survived.  Enjoy a relaxing weekend and have a Happy New Year because we're gonna get the fuck after it again in 2018!!!!

Last edited by Minnesota Eternals on Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: In the Books! Week 16 of 2017   Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:35 am

Thanks for all of your hard work this year Andy. Bill should have been kind enough to at least let you keep the top score prize this week.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: In the Books! Week 16 of 2017   Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:38 am

It was a great year and a very fun season. Loved all the new faces. Congrats Bob!

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: In the Books! Week 16 of 2017   Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:51 am

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
if you won you probably still suck.

That would be me . . .

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: In the Books! Week 16 of 2017   Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:59 am

Great year guys and gals and bring on the off-season so I can build up a better defense!

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: In the Books! Week 16 of 2017   Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:39 am

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
The Minor League champion, silent but deadly, walks never runs, orange doesn't replace the black, a new Bob is in town and clearly a hater of bees....the HADDONFIELD SLASHERS!!!!  Congratulations Bob!

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: In the Books! Week 16 of 2017   Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:02 am

Great article Andy - well done.

And thank you for running the best league there is. Always proud to be a part of it.

cheers

Back to top Go down
Southside Spartans

PostSubject: Re: In the Books! Week 16 of 2017   Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:03 am

Thanks everyone for a fun season. Looking forward to off-season moves

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: In the Books! Week 16 of 2017   Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:22 am

Fun year as always

Back to top Go down
Riverside Rottweilers

PostSubject: Re: In the Books! Week 16 of 2017   Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:58 am

Also 6-6 between PP and RR in the minors.

Really enjoyed my first season here and looking forward to all the RW offseason has in store.

Back to top Go down
Haddonfield Slashers

PostSubject: Re: In the Books! Week 16 of 2017   Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:35 pm

Great article all year, always a good read! vote yes

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: In the Books! Week 16 of 2017   Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:45 pm

Bring on the rebuilding final stage!!

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: In the Books! Week 16 of 2017   Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:42 pm

I can't believe it's done. It is really done.

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: In the Books! Week 16 of 2017   Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:37 pm

Thanks Boss. Couldn’t take it easy on Derrick after all his talk about still winning with low scores, so I piled on laughing

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: In the Books! Week 16 of 2017   Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:11 pm

Thank you for the article and another great season!

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: In the Books! Week 16 of 2017   Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:38 am

Great article seemed like a long season this year for me for some reason. Happy to see the NFL playoffs start soon. Maybe some snow games!

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: In the Books! Week 16 of 2017   Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:41 am

Thanks for this Andy. Sorry about the stat correction. Off-season here we come!

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: In the Books! Week 16 of 2017   Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:53 am

my goal is to be like the old cubs - just wait til next year

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: In the Books! Week 16 of 2017   Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:22 pm

Great job all season Andy...

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: In the Books! Week 16 of 2017   Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:21 pm

Man your banner looks so much better when it isnt pink Rob.

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: In the Books! Week 16 of 2017   Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:02 pm

That was a tough time in my life...

Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers

PostSubject: Re: In the Books! Week 16 of 2017   Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:17 am

Great read all season long.. Really enjoyed it. Thanks for all the work put into it brother

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In the Books! Week 16 of 2017   

Back to top Go down

In the Books! Week 16 of 2017
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Articles-
Jump to: