Password:
:: I forgot my password
x

Share | 

Monster Matchup Week 16 Championship Edition

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
England Dragons

PostSubject: Monster Matchup Week 16 Championship Edition   Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:57 pm

It's Christmas! And it's Championship week! Wooo-hooo! Who will be crowned as the King or Queen of Roster Wars? Read on to find out. Let's hope the ceremony goes better than this one...

And the post match celebrations are more successful than this...

Or this...

So, anyway, here are our finalists:

For the Dastardly Dozen conference: led by

And representing the Terrible Twelve: and the

So how do they line up? Who do they trust to carry them to immortal glory? What risks are they taking? Let's take a look.

Carla takes a risk right out of the gate with Eli Manning. He torched the Eagles last week but that was his only game in the last nine where he's posted more than 18.22 points. Mmmh. The better news is that Eli is paired with #1 fantasy QB Russell Wilson. Aside from last week's disaster at the Rams, Wilson has been golden this year.

Todd takes a risk himself with Derek Carr. One of the most touted dynasty QB's coming in to the season, Carr has disappointed week after week and hasn't reached 20 fantasy points in his last 7 though he has a higher floor than Eli. Todd's 2nd QB is Dalton, who scored 0.12 points and was benched last week. Erm...

EDGE: Mayhem

We have a star studded line-up at RB. The Mayhem play 4. Le'Veon Bell who might get 50 touches with Brown out and Ben crap on the road and is ably backed up by Shady McCoy who has been great this season. Dion Lewis's roll should increase this week with Burkhead out and Latavius Murray seems to be doing just fine in Minnesota. Damn!

Todd counters with a fine trio. Kareem Hunt is coming back in to form at the right time and should be torching Miami. Mark Ingram looks fantastic and topped 30 points last week. The third starter - Jordan Howard - would be many teams RB1. Nice but not quite nice enough. So close but...

The WR are the weak spot for both teams this week. Both go with 3 but Carla's first, Devante Adams looks a long shot to play this week. First choice alternate Marqise Lee also struggling. Ouch. AJ Green is solid enough and the final starter, Kendall Wright, is getting all sorts of targets over the past two games so should be okay here.

Todd goes with Julio who will be fine against the Saints. Probably. He'll score 8 points or 32. Who knows? Robby Anderson is a risk now McCown is out but they'll need to throw to keep up with the Chargers. Fingers crossed. The final starter is Corey Coleman who's target share has dropped since Josh Gordon stopped snorting. The negative effects of drugs hit home again...

EDGE: Draw!

Carla has been struggling at TE for much of the season. George Kittle has been doing well enough but isn't a confident play on any given week.

Todd pulls some back here with the fantastic Travis Kelce and excellent rookie Evan Engram who balances Carla's Eli play a little. Clear win for the cats here.

EDGE: Steel Cats

I don't care about kickers. And neither should you.

Both start Suh as their only DT so pretty confident we can call that a draw.

It's a toss-up at DE as Carla starts the awesome Joey Bosa and Todd goes with the awesome Aaron Donald. Calling that a draw too. Deal with it.

And so to lovely linebackers. Carla starts 5 which is the correct way to play fantasy football if you have the ammo. CJ Mosley, Bobby Wagner and Vince Williams. Lovely. Nigel Bradham and Myles Jack. Lovelyish.

Todd goes with 4. Demario Davis, Khalil Mack and Telvin Smith. Lovely. Justin Houston. Lovelyish. Carla's 2 lovelyishes to Todd's 1 lovelyish wins the day.

Just the defensive backs to round this thing out. Carla is outmatched here. She goes with 2 CB's - Desmond King and Josh Norman - neither of which I love this week alongside 2 safeties in Keanu Neal and Micah Hyde, both of which I do love this week.

Todd starts 1 cornerback in Ryan Logan who is solid but goes with 4 safeties. Rookie Jamal Adams who is top 10 in in safety snaps played, Karl Joseph who has a nice matchup against the Eagles this week. Nice. Harrison Smith and Morgan Burnett have both been struggling of late but are quality players.

EDGE: Steel Cats

So what does that all mean. Someone will win. Someone will lose. I've totalled it all up and predict that our new champion for 2017 will indeed be...

Congrats to all on a great season and thanks for reading!

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Monster Matchup Week 16 Championship Edition   Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:06 pm

Go Todd!

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: Monster Matchup Week 16 Championship Edition   Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:19 pm

I should be pulling for TT but I want more WBs from Survey Game so go Carla.

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Monster Matchup Week 16 Championship Edition   Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:24 pm

Naperville Divine wrote:
I should be pulling for TT but I want more WBs from Survey Game so go Carla.

I should be pulling for DD but I want more WBs from Survey Game so go Todd.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Monster Matchup Week 16 Championship Edition   Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:51 pm

I'm pulling for ya Carla!  Bring the championship to the DD once again

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Monster Matchup Week 16 Championship Edition   Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:10 pm

Show me the money!  Go CATS!! party4

Back to top Go down
Maple Grove Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: Monster Matchup Week 16 Championship Edition   Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:48 am

Go Todd!

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Monster Matchup Week 16 Championship Edition   Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:48 am

Go Carla! For DD, and for my WB's!

Nicely done Jonny!

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Monster Matchup Week 16 Championship Edition   Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:36 pm

George Kittle?  Starting?  Um, yeah, the title's coming back where it belongs.  Todd and TT all the way!

Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: Monster Matchup Week 16 Championship Edition   Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:37 pm

Team Carla here. Best of luck to both teams.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Monster Matchup Week 16 Championship Edition   Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:54 am

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
George Kittle?  Starting?  Um, yeah, the title's coming back where it belongs.  Todd and TT all the way!

Kittle gets no respect. ROTFLMAO And you watch yourself with your words, they hurt.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Monster Matchup Week 16 Championship Edition   Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:55 am

Thank you for the write up Jon. I am so so sad about Lee and Adams, but hey that's football~

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Monster Matchup Week 16 Championship Edition   Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:47 am

Funny that I also have Adams and Lee. But I'm not playing for the championship...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monster Matchup Week 16 Championship Edition   

Back to top Go down

Monster Matchup Week 16 Championship Edition
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Articles-
Jump to: