Password:
:: I forgot my password
x

Share | 

TITILATING TUESDAY TAKE-AWAY 2017-WEEK 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Maple Grove Mean Machine

PostSubject: TITILATING TUESDAY TAKE-AWAY 2017-WEEK 2   Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:43 am

by KRAM LLEOR

Here it is, another installment of your favorite article. Now, from what I have seen, you would be hard pressed to find a more surprising team than the Maple Grove Mean Machine. I mean who knew the franchise would hand the Oysters a 92.34 point defeat. I know what you are thinking, "this team could be on the rise." Maybe, but the young season is far from over. Who's in the running for pink? Well, you can see that below. I don't think I have to tell you guys and gal whom it is. The Pigskins put a whooping on the Steelcats and in case that isn't enough for you we have the Goonies and the Bombers in a struggle for superiority this week.

NOW FOR THE TAKE-AWAYS:

{1-1} Indiana Mayhem (290.44 pts) at {1-1} Tarpon Springs RedKnights (265.86 pts)
With 4 starters topping the 20 point mark, the Mayhem took it to the RedKnights this week. Seems as though Davante Adams is the direct beneficiary of Jordy Nelson getting hurt. The RedKnights followed up their Week 1 win with a less than stellar effort.
Take-Away: The tornado hit the RedKnights at the right time. This lackluster effort on part of the RedKnights may send them into “a spiral”. Wait, I meant “tornado”!

{0-2} Oaktown Malosos (306.28 pts) at {2-0} England Dragons (333.12 pts)
Brilliant QB play led the Dragons to a 17 point victory. Forty-points out of the QB position is middle of the road, but none the less it was the deciding factor. The Dragons had 5 players score over 20 points while the Malosos had some big hitters this week with Demarcus Lawrence (31.00 pts), Kelce with (28.30 pts), and Ty Montgomery with (29.00 pts).
Take-Away: I don’t know how the Malosos lost this game, with 6 players eclipsing the 20 point mark, wait, I know, their QB’s stunk. The Dragons are…..well, really scary right now. Are they breathing “fire” too early?

{0-2} Dos Faces Degenitals (224.48 pts) at {1-1} Whiskey Creek Gadabouts (245.86 pts)
The Degenerates, this week, did nothing to warrant an uptick in “Pink” status. Although, Witten had 30.70 points this week, it doesn’t make up for the fact that 2 players scored 0 points. The Gadabouts ran into the Degenitals at the right time. They too had a player over 30 points (Michael Crabtree, 32.00), but they also had 3 players total 0 points.
Take-Away: Nothing to see here. Just lackluster all the way around. Disappointing match-up to say the least. I think the DD Conference is wide open this year.

{0-2} Muskego Muskies (236.00) at {1-1} Nevada Nighthawks (271.78 pts)
Muskies are reeling after the loss to the Nighthawks. The lone bright spot was a 30.40 effort out of C.J. Anderson. The Nighthawks weren’t much better, although, they got 20+ points out of Derek Carr, Javoris Allen, and Alec Ogletree.
Take-Away: Muskies find themselves in a deep, deep hole in Muskego. The upstart Nighthawks were about average. It’s all that can be said.

{1-1} Atlanta Africans (271.90) at {2-0} Minnesota Eternals (307.64) 311.64 after stat correction

The Eternals have shown some real moxy in the first two weeks. A 53 point effort out of the QB position as well as 3 other players topping the 20 point mark, wow! The Africans only lost by 36 points, not too bad. The Africans got 38 points points out of the QB position, it’s nothing to scoff at, but it won’t get it done playing the Eternals.
Take-Away: If the two headed monster of Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers keep going the way they are going, uff da, the Eternals will be the class of the DD Conference.

{2-0} Littleton SilverBallers (337.12 pts) at {1-1} Titletown Tyrants (313.38 pts)
The Ballers got horrible play out of the QB position, but that didn’t matter too much. They had 7 players top the 20 point mark. The Tyrants had 5 players top the 20 point mark, but fell a little short.
Take-Away: Who needs a big roster, the Ballers don’t! We could see the Eternals and Ballers make a strong post season run. While the Tyrants could just be on the outside looking in.

{0-2} Rocky Mountain Oysters (212.78) at {2-0} Maple Grove Mean Machine (305.12 pts) 304.12 after stat correction

After an early start, the Oysters were probably feeling good about themselves. After Sunday night, not so much! This game got away from the Oysters in a hurry, then “Here Comes The Boom”. One player over 20 in Melvin Gordon, just wasn’t enough. The Machine had some unexpected heros in Allen Hurns (20.70 points) and Ben Watson (21.10 points) and 3 guys on defense scoring 20+. Hell, even the kicker almost scored 20.
Take-Away: The Machine look like the real deal, and the Oysters have been “shucked” two weeks in a row. The Machine could make the playoffs in the first year and the Oysters, well, not so much. Maybe we underestimated the Oysters favorite color.

{1-1} Charm City Justice (298.04 pts) at {1-1} Bergen Brawlers (268.62 pts)
Justice took it to the Brawlers this week. Five players over 20, and they were led by Todd Gurley with 26.60 points. The Brawlers were led by Jason Witten (30.70 points), and two players over 20 points.
Take-Away: Here again, an upstart got the upper hand over a sophomore team. Is this the way it is going to be, all year? Yep!

{1-1} Kane County Goon Squad (291.82 pts) 293.82 after stat correction at {2-0} Norfolk Bombers (290.00 pts)
The Goonies had 5 players over 20 points and got no points out of 2 players. The Bombers got 43.64 points out of the QB position and had one other player over 20 points.
Take-away: This game could be left to the “Scoring Change Gods” when the dust settles. I guess that is what happens when a certain team, whom shall remain nameless, has two players score 0 points. It wouldn’t be a travesty if the Goonies lost this one.

{2-0} San Francisco Golddiggers (272.26 pts) at {1-1} California Nightmare (218.24 pts)
Against, most other teams in the Conference, 17 points out of the QB position would warrant a loss. The Nightmare got beat like a “wet dream” this week. And the Diggers only got 2 players with 20+ points. With a 40 point effort out of the QB position and one other player with 20+ points, the Nightmare fell short in other areas of his game.
Take-away: Anyone playing the Nightmare, gets a bye.

{1-1} North Wales Knights (231.84 pts) at {2-0} Naperville Divine (302.64 pts)
Welcome back Mr. Evans. Your return was met with a 70 point drubbing at the hands of The Holy One. Even with a player being a late inactive, it wasn’t needed. The Divine kept the lead early and never looked back. With a balanced offense and defense, the Divine made the Knights kneel down at the altar.
Take-away: Starting 0-2 greatly diminishes and chance of salvaging the season, as is the case with the Knights. The battle of the Knights and the Nightmare should be one to watch. As far as the Divine is concerned, they are on their way to the “Promised Land”.

{1-1} Hamilton Steel Cats (267.66 pts) at {1-1} Philadelphia Pigskins (344.30 pts)
Well, well, well looks like the Kitties got beat again at the hands of the Piggies. I think that is 6-1 now career all-time, is it not? The Piggies bounced back from a horrible loss last week with a big win in Week 2. The Kitties were never in this one from the get go. The Kitties got pretty good effort out his team this week with 5 players totaling over 20. The Piggies also had 5 players over 20, but of those 5 players; 3 players had over 30!
Take-away: I told you last week, David Johnson’s injury will affect some teams’ output this year. The Piggies are back!

Last edited by Maple Grove Mean Machine on Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:35 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : UPDATED WITH STAT CORRECTIONS)
Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: TITILATING TUESDAY TAKE-AWAY 2017-WEEK 2   Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:01 am

Thanks for the update.  Out of curiosity, is it Ed or Greg that's the front-runner for pink now?

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: TITILATING TUESDAY TAKE-AWAY 2017-WEEK 2   Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:06 am

Great Job!  clap  I love getting a recap of each game.  Keep your head on a swivel as I'm afraid Joe will be looking for you.  I think the Knights are now 1-1, not 0-2.  Or is that a prediction for their 2nd loss coming up this week?  shrug

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: TITILATING TUESDAY TAKE-AWAY 2017-WEEK 2   Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:08 am

Great job man!

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: TITILATING TUESDAY TAKE-AWAY 2017-WEEK 2   Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:12 am

Great recap thank you! Carla congratulations on your win.

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: TITILATING TUESDAY TAKE-AWAY 2017-WEEK 2   Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:18 am

Sadly, the Knights are 1-1 as they beat me last week. Fun read!

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: TITILATING TUESDAY TAKE-AWAY 2017-WEEK 2   Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:25 am

Already off to a better start than last year! Thanks for the awesome recap!

Back to top Go down
Maple Grove Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: TITILATING TUESDAY TAKE-AWAY 2017-WEEK 2   Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:51 am

Nevada NightHawks wrote:
Great Job!  clap  I love getting a recap of each game.  Keep your head on a swivel as I'm afraid Joe will be looking for you.  I think the Knights are now 1-1, not 0-2.  Or is that a prediction for their 2nd loss coming up this week?  shrug

Fixed for you!

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: TITILATING TUESDAY TAKE-AWAY 2017-WEEK 2   Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:10 am

love hearing someone else's take on the games

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: TITILATING TUESDAY TAKE-AWAY 2017-WEEK 2   Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:12 am

Love then write up Mark!

Yeah I was lucky enough to have those 2 extra guys top the 20 point mark, which I think helped me to win this week.

Nicks team is stupid good, so there isn't a doubt in my mind about him not making the playoffs. That roster is STACKED!!

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: TITILATING TUESDAY TAKE-AWAY 2017-WEEK 2   Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:12 pm

Good stuff Mark!

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: TITILATING TUESDAY TAKE-AWAY 2017-WEEK 2   Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:46 pm

Thanks Mark,

Team laid a fuckin' egg.  Matt posted a 340 plus, ouch.  Injuries to the "O" are mounting and I caught my tail in the lazy boy recliner, shit ain't good.

blow up

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: TITILATING TUESDAY TAKE-AWAY 2017-WEEK 2   Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:22 pm

4-42 All-play? My team is a big fishy pile of shit right now. My DL's are a fucking joke (Darius and Dunlap) I don't know what's going there.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: TITILATING TUESDAY TAKE-AWAY 2017-WEEK 2   Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:48 pm

Thanks Mark - well done. clap

Shows how much luck is involved in your match up each week. A couple of DD teams lose with over 300, some win with much less. I know all-play helps but it sure is nice to win your weekly game.

Nothing can be done about it - just luck of the draw.

cheers

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: TITILATING TUESDAY TAKE-AWAY 2017-WEEK 2   Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:12 am

I need a few more bye weeks.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: TITILATING TUESDAY TAKE-AWAY 2017-WEEK 2   Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:51 pm

Hang on so the RefKnights are much better without half there roster when the Bucs have a bye? Go figure

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TITILATING TUESDAY TAKE-AWAY 2017-WEEK 2   

Back to top Go down

TITILATING TUESDAY TAKE-AWAY 2017-WEEK 2
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Articles-
Jump to: