Share | 

Monster Match-up Week 2- DD edition

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Monster Match-up Week 2- DD edition   Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:59 pm

MONSTER MATCH-UP
WEEK 2
Littleton Silverballers(1-0) vs. Titletown Tyrants(1-0)

Titletown-OFFENSE +8
[
Marcus Mariota, QB +2… Tons of upside in this game, should be another 20+ pt game heading into Jacksonville. Jacksonville comes in as the #1 rated defense against the pass (after 1 game). I don’t know if Jacksonville has ever been 1st in anything…ever.  A lot of weapons in Tennessee and a QB that can score on the ground as well.
Phillip Rivers, QB +2… 3 TD’s a piece in each of the last two meeting against the Dolphins, no reason to think Mr. Rivers isnt good for another 2-3 this week.  Is it just me or does it seem like every comeback that Rivers orchestrates gets fucked by special teams or defense.
Jay Ajayi, RB -1… Who knows which RB will show up for this game.  Ajayi had three 200+yd games last year.  He also had 10 games where he didn’t get more than 79 yds…. 55% of Ajayi’s points last year were scored in 4 games, the rest of the games he averaged 9pts per game.
DeMarco Murray, RB +1… I think Henry is going to eat into Murray’s carries all year long.  I don’t think you have to be anything special to run up some yards on the Jags. He’ll probably get 13-18pts nothing special but solid.
Doug Baldwin, WR +1… Hopefully Baldwin/Wilson can take advantage of the 49ers or they’re in for a long year.  The offense did not look last week but his should be a good game to get a rhythmn going.
Odell Beckham, WR +1… Normally OBJ would be a +2 or +3 advantage because of his consistency and potential to put up 30-40pts but hes a little banged up and the Giants offense did not look good last week.  Now the Giants are at Home and they do play the Lions so we’ll see how healthy he really is.
Mike Evans, WR +1… Lower ceiling in this game than you might think.  Apparently the Bears do a dandy job of taking away the #1 WR.  Something about a Cover 6 defense.  I know that Julio did nothing special last week so maybe I’ll drink that Kool-Aid for now.  Maybe the Cover 6 leaves the TE wide open because Hooper was open by 20yds on that long TD catch last week.
T.Y. Hilton, WR -1… This is a puker of a game because either Hilton has to catch from Tolzien or Brissett. That will give the dry heaves. Don’t get me wrong I like Jacoby but he’s been in InDy fOr like 2 minutes. How much of the playbook could he absorb? This Is my Mini-me ceiling of The week. You might want to read between the lines on this one.
Demaryius Thomas, WR +1… Still gets enough targets to make an impact at times. Trending down in his career partly due to QB play and partly age.
Delanie Walker, TE +1… As long as he’s healthy he’s a primary target on an offense that is trending upwards.

Silverballers Offense +10
Andy Dalton, QB -1… There won’t be many times a QB has a negative rating in my system but going up against Houston coming off the game that Dalton had last week, he has little upside in this game.
Cam Newton, QB +1… Once Newton gets the green light to start running and gets some goaline TD’s he’ll be back in the +2 range.  Panthers were content to let Newton hand the ball off a lot in their warm-up game against the 49ers. Should be the same type of game plan against a horrible Bills team.
Melvin Gordon, RB +2… If Gordon is going to continue to be such a big part of the passing game he could be in line for a monster year. Just under 1000yds last year with 41 rec, I could definitely see an increase in both those numbers.
Frank Gore, RB -2… No upside in this game at all… bad offensive line… QB with limited exposure to the playbook… zero threat to pass… against a very good Cardinals defense. Jacoby could end up with the most yards on the ground in this game. Only hope for Gore in this game is to be Brissett’s checkdown guy all game long.
Antonio Brown, WR +2… Brown is pretty much always a +2 if he’s healthy, even against a tough defense like the Vikings
Ted Ginn, WR  +1… The Pats did not play as advertised last week. The Saints are at home and Brees traditionally plays well against the Pats. Ginn is a solid +1 in this game with the potential for a TD or two.
Julio Jones, WR +3… Stud with a good match-up, I don’t see the Packers being able to match up with Jones although last year the Packers held him to 5pts. I want to say that Jones was banged up going into that game though.
Jarvis Landry,WR +2…  Jarvis could potentially have the best year of his career. The Dolphins have an upgrade at QB and it’s a contract year. If he doesn’t get suspended this year he’s a lock for topping his TD total in each of the last 2 years (4TD’s).  The dolphins will be playing from behind, thus the glorious garbage stats will pile up.
Rob Gronkowski, TE +1…  When does the injury history start affecting overall production even when “healthy”.  His body is an old 28. The Saints have an average defense at best and Gronk always has the potential to go off.
Kyle Rudolph, TE +1… Breakout year last year and very solid down the stretch. Not a guy who is going to give you Monster games but doesn’t give you many duds either.

Titletown defense +9

Damon Harrison, DT +2… Stud DT, 1 single digit game in his last 17 games played. “Snacks” is a beast
Cliff Avril, DE -1… Very inconsistent, aside from a 3 game stretch in 2016 where he scored 80pts, Avril has been very mediocre lately.
Michael Bennett, DE +1… Playing with a chip on his shoulder the side of the American Flag. He’s an angry man with a big ass beard, of course he’ll whoop up on the 49ers.
Cameron Hayward, DE -1… We’ll see if he can return to his pre-injury numbers. Not there yet
Lavonte David, LB +2… Trending down the last couple years but that makes him an A- LB instead of an A+ LB
Justin Houston, LB +1… A sack dependent LB that can get them in bunches, high risk high reward
Khalil Mack, LB  +1… This dude can fill up a stat sheet but still hasn’t scored more than 218pts in a fantasy season. (1st season 215pts). He could shatter those numbers this year but average week 1 numbers compared to the hype.
TJ Watt, LB +1… Speaking of hype, nice minor league debut against the Browns.  High motor, relentless mother fucker. Those Badgers know how to build LB’s.
KJ Wright, LB +1… Fun Fact, KJ Wright has outscored Khalil Mack in each of the past 2 seasons. About as consitent as they come in giving you 15-22pts.
Malcolm Butler, CB +1… Easily the most inconsistent position in Fantasy football. Butler is about as solid as they come for this position.
Tony Jefferson, S +1… Another good Raven Safety, that’s almost a given every year right.

Silverballers defense +6
Geno Atkins, DT +2… Stud DT going against a hole at the LT position, due to a hold-out, with a rookie QB. Sounds like good upside.
Brandon Graham, DE +1… Solid player but don’t expect a repeat performance from Week 1
Everson Griffin, DE +1… Such a high risk, high reward player, 7 times last year he scored 5 points or less.
Demario Davis, LB -1… Great week 1, playing the hot hand in this game. Overall a very mediocre LB up to this point.
BJ Goodson, LB +1… Great week 1, Silverballers 6.09 pick in the 2016 draft, not realistic to expect a repeat performance but obviously high upside.
Benardrick McKinney, LB +1… Certainly can’t hurt that Cushing just got suspended, more tackles for this dude
Korey Toomer, LB -1… Another high risk play, had a couple nice games last year and a good week 1 not someone you can count on.
Travis Carrie, CB -2… A good portion of the Silverballers defense is just playing the hot hand this week.  I guess why not.
Landon Collins, S +2… A beast, ridiculous numbers last year. This guys has never scored in the single digits the 2 yrs he’s been in the NFL.
Karl Joseph, S +1… Should be trending up from last year, solid Safety on a good defense
Harrison Smith, S +1… Solid Safety no frills, relatively low ceiling player.

Game Advantage- Tyrants +1

This should be a close game but I think the Tyrants defense definitely has the advantage in this game.  The Silverballers have some high risk defensive players, to many unknowns this week relative to the Tyrants. I think the Silverballers have an edge on offense so they would need to make up some points and hope that a gimpy OBJ doesn’t go off. Tyrants start off (2-0) this year.

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Monster Match-up Week 2- DD edition   Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:25 am

I like reading the player by player breakdown and you definitely nailed the Geno Atkins analysis as he poured in 26pts tonight.  Not sure Nick wants to re-live that in the morning.   grin

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Monster Match-up Week 2- DD edition   Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:47 am

Thanks for the write up Dan!

I love being part of the monster matchup! This is going to be a really good matchup between Nick and I. We both have solid teams. Can't wait to see how I do against the top team in the DD!

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: Monster Match-up Week 2- DD edition   Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:50 am

Geno himself might have made up for the defensive difference last night. Should be fun to watch this unfold over the course of the weekend. Great write up Dan.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Monster Match-up Week 2- DD edition   Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:01 am

Good stuff Dan. I enjoyed it! I didn't enjoy that garbage last night, but reading this gives me hope, and that may be all I have left.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Monster Match-up Week 2- DD edition   Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:11 am

Charm City Justice wrote:
Geno himself might have made up for the defensive difference last night.  Should be fun to watch this unfold over the course of the weekend.  Great write up Dan.
Atkins is at a +2 which puts him in that 18-25pt range so he performed where expected. IMO Silverballers needs to make up points in his LB core, too many unknown variables in that group. They performed well last week but pretty small sample size to predict odds and high risk compared to the household names on the tyrants defense.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Monster Match-up Week 2- DD edition   Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:35 am

I think they both should lose. That's a completely unbiased thought too.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Monster Match-up Week 2- DD edition   Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:35 am

Just checked the snap counts from last week, and Toomer only played 27 snaps Shocked

So with that, I took him out and put in Woodyard. He had 50 snaps last week, so it looks like he's not in a time share like Toomer is with Hayes Pullard.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Monster Match-up Week 2- DD edition   Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:15 pm

Can't keep up with the math...

...but always enjoy the articles. vote yes

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Monster Match-up Week 2- DD edition   Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:03 pm

You said Nick is going to lose right?
pretty colors

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Monster Match-up Week 2- DD edition   Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:06 am

Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
Just checked the snap counts from last week, and Toomer only played 27 snaps Shocked

So with that, I took him out and put in Woodyard.  He had 50 snaps last week, so it looks like he's not in a time share like Toomer is with Hayes Pullard.

Wow! I guess it was a good thing I put in Woodyard..... Toomer sucked sweating

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Monster Match-up Week 2- DD edition   Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:30 am

Good game Derrick, your hot start killed my chances quickly. Sucks to put up over 300 and lose, but I lost to a good team!

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Monster Match-up Week 2- DD edition   Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:37 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Good game Derrick, your hot start killed my chances quickly. Sucks to put up over 300 and lose, but I lost to a good team!

Good game to you Nick!

I thought by the second games you were going to start pulling away, because your score started climbing fast. Losing while scoring 300 does suck, there is a bright side though......

And that is, All-Play record. Which to me is WAY more important than your head to head record

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Monster Match-up Week 2- DD edition   Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:38 am

I agree, I broke the AP record last year and it was nice, but if your head to head is better you never have to worry about that.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monster Match-up Week 2- DD edition   

Back to top Go down

Monster Match-up Week 2- DD edition
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Articles-
Jump to: