Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Thu May 23, 2013 3:36 pm

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
Chicago Crime Syndicate wrote:
Jersey Legionnaires wrote:
Quote :
New York Giants WR Hakeem Nicks did not show up to practice Wednesday, May 22, because he is unhappy with his contract situation, a source indicated. Nicks did not violate any rules, since organized team activities (OTAs) are voluntary, but head coach Tom Coughlin was expecting him.

Come the fuck on.

Don't you know that David Wilson is the only NYG worth owning... ROTFLMAO

Provided he doesn't get beat out by Andre Brown for the starting gig, and provided he can stop fumbling long enough to keep the starting gig if he wins it. Everything I have read suggests there will be a competition for the RB job, I don't believe Wilson is the incumbent, unquestioned starter that some are purporting him to be.

I wish people would stop saying that. Dude fumbled ONCE last year. Fucking broken record parrots.

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Thu May 23, 2013 3:45 pm

His fumbling problems are overblown. His talent is enormous and far superior to Andre Brown. Talent should win out.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Thu May 23, 2013 3:46 pm

Quote :
New York Giants WR Hakeem Nicks did not show up to practice Wednesday, May 22, because he is unhappy with his contract situation, a source indicated. Nicks did not violate any rules, since organized team activities (OTAs) are voluntary, but head coach Tom Coughlin was expecting him.

Come the fuck on.

Don't you know that David Wilson is the only NYG worth owning... ROTFLMAO

Provided he doesn't get beat out by Andre Brown for the starting gig, and provided he can stop fumbling long enough to keep the starting gig if he wins it. Everything I have read suggests there will be a competition for the RB job, I don't believe Wilson is the incumbent, unquestioned starter that some are purporting him to be.

I wish people would stop saying that. Dude fumbled ONCE last year. Fucking broken record parrots.

I'm not talking about just last year, the big knock on his scouting reports from college was that he had trouble with fumbles and making decisions quick enough at the line of scrimmage. Why do you think he was on such a short chain with Coughlin last year? He is a known fumbler... until he proves otherwise.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Thu May 23, 2013 3:49 pm

His fumbling problems are overblown. His talent is enormous and far superior to Andre Brown. Talent should win out.

Brown is no slouch... I think saying his talent is far superior is a bit of a stretch. I just thinking handing him the starting job before the Giants actually do is a bit premature.

Back to top Go down
Singapore Slings

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Thu May 23, 2013 4:17 pm

Brown is no slouch... I think saying his talent is far superior is a bit of a stretch. I just thinking handing him the starting job before the Giants actually do is a bit premature.

Brown will be on IR by week 6, mark it on your calendar. He is good, but his injury bug is far more concerning to me than Wilson's fumblitis.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Thu May 23, 2013 4:45 pm

Singapore Slings wrote:

Brown will be on IR by week 6, mark it on your calendar. He is good, but his injury bug is far more concerning to me than Wilson's fumblitis.

Laughing I already had him marked down to be out by week 4!!! Laughing

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Thu May 23, 2013 7:28 pm

thread jacked

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Thu May 23, 2013 7:54 pm

I heard that Andre Brown is a stud.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Thu May 23, 2013 8:52 pm

Adelaide Empire wrote:
I heard that Andre Brown is a stud.

You heard wrong.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:25 pm

Quote :
New York Giants head coach Tom Coughlin said he expects WR Hakeem Nicks to attend mandatory minicamp with the team next week. Nicks has previously missed voluntary organized team activities. "We have a mandatory camp," Coughlin explained. "I would expect that [Nicks] would be here."

I wonder what the over/under is on him showing up.

Back to top Go down
Belgium Waffles

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:20 pm

He shows up. I don't think he's going to hold out. He's a good player. He's not Vincent Jackson.

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:25 am

Holy Shit! You're here Waffles! YOU'RE ACTUALLY HERE!!!

If that doesn't motivate Hicks to show up and play, I don't know what will!

sarcasm

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:43 pm

Quote :
Nicks (knee) relayed Tuesday that he will be present when training camp commences in late July, the New York Daily News reports.

Analysis: There was some question whether Nicks would report to this week's mandatory minicamp, but his presence Tuesday quelled those concerns. As he is entering the final season of his rookie contract, he is likely watching Victor Cruz's showdown with Giants management with eyes and ears wide open. Nevertheless, as long as Cruz avoids signing his restricted free-agent tender, Nicks is the team's clear No. 1 target in the passing attack, even as he recovers from offseason arthroscopic surgery on his left knee.

About time...

Back to top Go down
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:06 pm

(KFFL) Updating a previous report, New York Giants WR Hakeem Nicks (groin) is expected to return to practice Tuesday, Aug. 6, according to head coach Tom Coughlin.

i Don't think he'll be playing nice anytime soon carted off

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:18 pm

Quote :
New York Giants WR Hakeem Nicks is being very cautious as he prepares to start the season. Nicks is spending more time stretching prior to practice, in hopes of staying healthy for all of 2013. Nicks also did not appear to ever go at full speed in preseason games. Analysis: Of course, because any slight step in the wrong direction could mean he is out for three weeks with a knee sprain. It's good that he is trying to keep better care of his body, though. If he can actually stay healthy, he is one of the better receivers in the league.
CONTRACT YEAR!

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:26 am

Quote :
Several teams are expected to contact the New York Giants to see if WR Hakeem Nicks would be available in a trade. The San Francisco 49ers and Atlanta Falcons have had internal discussions about the possibility of pursuing Nicks. Some general managers believe the Giants could get a third-round pick for Nicks.
The Giants absolutely should. He's a FA next year anyway so unless they're planning on tagging him or paying him a small fortune...

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:05 pm

Makes you laugh at the Titans thinking they could get a 3rd for Britt. Nicks would look great in a 49ers uniform.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:55 pm

Quote :
Doctors sent out letters clearing free-agent WR Hakeem Nicks (Giants) for the 2014 season. Nicks had a screw inserted into his foot in 2012 and surgery to repair his posterior cruciate ligament in 2013.

Go go gadget bounce back.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:44 pm

Curious where he ends up. Keep hearing the Colts a lot, along with San Diego.

Colts have the money to spend, I'm gonna bet that is where he ends up.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:16 am

Decatur Demons wrote:
Curious where he ends up. Keep hearing the Colts a lot, along with San Diego.

Colts have the money to spend, I'm gonna bet that is where he ends up.

It would make sense with such a big question mark next to Reggie Wayne's name right now.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:59 pm

Quote :
Nicks agreed to a one-year deal with the Colts on Friday, ESPN's Adam Schefter reports.
Analysis: Nicks, arguably the top receiver in free agency, will join an Indianapolis team that became desperately thin at wideout after Reggie Wayne went down with a torn ACL last season. Even with Wayne expected back for 2014, the Colts didn't have much receiving talent behind Wayne and T.Y. Hilton. Nicks was plagued by injures the last two seasons, and his lack of explosiveness was apparent to the naked eye. If his struggles were largely due to poor health, a big bounce back could be coming, but there's a very real chance that Nicks never recaptures his 2010-11 form. A recent report indicated that his troublesome knee should be fine going forward, while his ankle isn't ideal but is more than good enough to play. It will interesting to see how the Colts divvy up the snaps and targets between Wayne, Hilton and Nicks, as all three would seem to warrant a starting role. Hilton's speed and lack of size arguably make him the best fit for a No. 3 wide receiver role.

Interesting. I think this hurts Hilton most of all.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:23 pm

Meh. Certainly doesn't help Luck any...

scratch 

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:58 pm

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
Quote :
Nicks agreed to a one-year deal with the Colts on Friday, ESPN's Adam Schefter reports.
Analysis: Nicks, arguably the top receiver in free agency, will join an Indianapolis team that became desperately thin at wideout after Reggie Wayne went down with a torn ACL last season. Even with Wayne expected back for 2014, the Colts didn't have much receiving talent behind Wayne and T.Y. Hilton. Nicks was plagued by injures the last two seasons, and his lack of explosiveness was apparent to the naked eye. If his struggles were largely due to poor health, a big bounce back could be coming, but there's a very real chance that Nicks never recaptures his 2010-11 form. A recent report indicated that his troublesome knee should be fine going forward, while his ankle isn't ideal but is more than good enough to play. It will interesting to see how the Colts divvy up the snaps and targets between Wayne, Hilton and Nicks, as all three would seem to warrant a starting role. Hilton's speed and lack of size arguably make him the best fit for a No. 3 wide receiver role.

Interesting.  I think this hurts Hilton most of all.

#1, Called it, even after Steve Smith was released and everyone said that's where Nicks would go.

#2, I actually like it for Hilton IF and, it's a big IF, Nicks has any game. With all 3, Hilton could become another Wes Welker type Receiver. I look at it this way, Hilton put up some great numbers when everyone knew they were throwing it to him. This just makes him better.

#3, it kills Da'rick the most, been seeing him go for decent bids in RFA and FA auctions.

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:37 pm

I think this boosts Luck's value alot. If Nicks has anything left, I think Colts decide to air it out more now. I am surprised Nicks couldnt get a multiyear deal anywhere else. He must be more banged up than they are letting on. I cant believe the Panthers didnt grab him.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:40 pm

Naperville Divine wrote:
I think this boosts Luck's value alot.  If Nicks has anything left, I think Colts decide to air it out more now.  I am surprised Nicks couldnt get a multiyear deal anywhere else.  He must be more banged up than they are letting on.  I cant believe the Panthers didnt grab him.

I'm very sure he could have gotten a multi year deal. I believe the one year deal was his choice. He wants to "prove" himself and then get a fat payday.

Back to top Go down
Vegas Beach Tiger Sharks

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:48 pm

I agree that it hurts Da'Rick's chances more than anyone. But it wouldn't exactly be a long shot to predict that Nicks gets injured at some point, so the kid could still get his shot (I certainly hope so!).

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:56 pm

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
Naperville Divine wrote:
I think this boosts Luck's value alot.  If Nicks has anything left, I think Colts decide to air it out more now.  I am surprised Nicks couldnt get a multiyear deal anywhere else.  He must be more banged up than they are letting on.  I cant believe the Panthers didnt grab him.

I'm very sure he could have gotten a multi year deal.  I believe the one year deal was his choice.  He wants to "prove" himself and then get a fat payday.  

I agree with this. I think the Colts are paying him more for a 1 year "prove it" deal than he was getting in any multi-year deal offers, at least for the 1st year. $3.5 million, but there is another $2 million in incentive clauses. It also makes me feel that at least he thinks he can do it. Otherwise, why not sign a multi-year deal?

I think the Panthers banked on the "hometown discount" and blew it.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:42 am

I am betting that Nicks has a good year as well as are the people who are sending me trade offers for him.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:00 am

Carolina Werewolves wrote:
I am betting that Nicks has a good year as well as are the people who are sending me trade offers for him.

I sent you that offer before he landed in Indy hoping he'd go to Carolina.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:22 am

Quote :
Hakeem Nicks (illness) is officially listed as questionable for Week 3. Analysis: Nicks will likely come down to a game-time decision after missing practice the last two days. Even if he plays, Nicks is no more than a WR4 for Sunday's game against the Jaguars.

I've been dead wrong about him so far. Really thought he'd have done much better with Luck.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:41 pm

Quote :
Donte Moncrief played on 28 snaps during Sunday's win over the Redskins, 11 more than Hakeem Nicks. Analysis: Over the last two weeks, Moncrief has encouragingly out-snapped Nicks twice. However, he's discouragingly still only playing on 44.9 percent of the snaps during that span, leading to a total of seven targets. Regardless, the freakishly talented Moncrief is obviously trending up and is a must-own as the No. 3 receiver in an Andrew Luck offense. If the Browns stick Joe Haden on T.Y. Hilton in Week 14, Moncrief will be needed to step up.

So he's on a one year deal, I really doubt that Indy brings him back next year. Wonder where he lands next?

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:46 pm

took a chance on him in one very very deep league - even that wasn't worth it

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:50 pm

You all K ow how I feel about Nicks. Its about time the rest of the world is seeing what he really is.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:43 pm

Colorado Screaming Eagles wrote:
You all K ow how I feel about Nicks. Its about time the rest of the world is seeing what he really is.

Yeah, wish I had listened. At least I grabbed Moncrief in GLDL.

Doesn't mean I started him though...................

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:03 pm

Quote :
Free agent Hakeem Nicks insists he's not "finished."
"I'm nowhere near finished, man, and I want to prove that to the world and everybody," Nicks said. "That's definitely my mentality, but I don't even want to talk about it. I feel like I got into that situation last year talking about it. I'm about to just go out there and prove it." Greeted by a nonexistent market, Nicks is a player who senses his career slipping away. Nicks is still only 27, but lower-body injuries have robbed him of the explosion that made him special.

end it

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:59 pm

I am a huge North Carolina fan and was a Nicks fan, but those lower body injuries he has had, has really made him a non threat on the football field anymore

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:17 pm

Yeah, he's nothing but a 4th or 5th WR for someone.. His injuries have robbed him of everything that made him special...

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:11 pm

To the Titans. Poor Tennessee

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:48 pm

Wow, Tennessee is real scraping the bottom of the bucket. Don't get me wrong, Nicks was great before the injuries. Now he can't jump, he's got no speed and he's only healthy for 5 games a year...

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:23 pm

Too bad he got injured and never got better.....This move is just the Titans trying to grasp for something at the WR position

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:51 am

Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
Too bad he got injured and never got better.....This move is just the Titans trying to grasp for something at the WR position

And hoping that everyone else is wrong about what he has left.   They won't see anything different..

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:53 pm

Drrrropped. It sounded like the Titans were going to roll with him as a starter, but now it seems someone in the front office has at least half a brain.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:19 pm

As Trent Richardson was called the worst RB ever, Nicks is the worst WR ever.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:30 pm

Nicks actually used to be good. Can't compare him to T-Rich.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:52 am

Quote :
Nicks is signing with the Giants on Tuesday, ESPN's Dan Graziano reports. Analysis: With Victor Cruz (calf) ruled out for the season, the Giants will bring back their first-round selection from the 2009 NFL Draft. Nicks was a Pro Bowl-caliber wideout in 2010 and 2011, but he always had trouble staying healthy, which contributed to a far quicker decline than anyone could have expected. Although he's still just 27 years old, Nicks doesn't figure to be any higher than fourth or fifth on the depth chart, as No. 3 wideout Dwayne Harris has come on strong the past few weeks.

We've gone full circle!

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:56 am

He's had such promise, but nearly always disappointed. At one time I started both him and Victor Cruz on the same lineup, and dominated.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:09 am

Laughing Nicks is still trying to play!?  Now that is some real funny dhit!!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hakeem Nicks WR NYG   

Back to top Go down

Hakeem Nicks WR NYG
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: