:: I forgot my password
x

Share | 

Team Building, Roster Wars MINOR style

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Polk High Panthers

PostSubject: Team Building, Roster Wars MINOR style   Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:59 pm

So first things first, there are a lot of different things you can glean from these tables, but the first and most important conclusion you should observe is what happens when I am at home with 7 adolescent girls (12-13 year old's) and my wife and I am the only male in the house... which is you get pretty charts and summaries like this..

But seriously, just thought it was interesting.. and as always the data can change, we are only on day 9 of the auction draft so anything can still happen but for this case study I grabbed the top 20 bids in each conference and if a team wasn't in the top 20 then I grabbed their top bid and labeled where that fell out in reference to the top bids.. By this time I think those stats are safe, no players are going for 80 plus bucks anymore, at least I hope not.. but it can still get interesting..

All data pulled from this : http://www65.myfantasyleague.com/2017/options?L=67922&O=44

Aright let's get to it.

Things to note:

1. This is a big ass table
  2. Every team but 1 (Latavia Unicorns) have a player that they paid a top 20 price for. Latavia's highest rostered player was the 24th highest bid
  3. There were 8 QBs in this top 20 highest paid players list for the Rising Rookies, 3 in the top 5
  4. There were 4 RBs in this top 20 highest paid players list
  5. There were 8 WRs in this top 20 highest paid players list
  6. No TE's or Defensive players made the top 20 list in RR
  7. 6 teams have 2 players they paid top 20 prices for (Pigskins, Rottweilers, Vipers, Silverbacks, Nukes & Patriots)
  8. 1 team had 4 players in the top 20 - Arsenic
  9. Each chapter had at least 2 teams that had 2 or more teams with them having at least 2 players in this top 20 list
  10. The players in RR's top 20 totaled $2,449 dollars, those same players in the PP conference went for $2,456 dollars

Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers

PostSubject: Re: Team Building, Roster Wars MINOR style   Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:00 pm

Now on to the Promising Prospects...

Things to note:

1. Still a big ass table
  2. 4 teams highest paid players were outside the top 20. Kansas City Kings at 21st, Indiana Mayhem at 31st, Faber College Mongols at 40th and Polk High Panthers at 49th.
  3. There were 5 QBs in this top 20 highest paid players list for the Promising Prospects, 0 in the top 5 and only 2 in the top 10
  4. There were 7 RBs in this top 20 highest paid players list
  5. There were 6 WRs in this top 20 highest paid players list
  6. There was 1 TE in this top 20 highest paid players list
  7. No Defensive players made the top 20 list in PP
  8. 2 teams had 4 players in the top 20 list (Afterglow & Viktors), 2 teams had 3 players in (Galacticos & Demons), 2 had 2 players in (Slashers & Spartans) & 2 teams had 1 player in the top 20 list (Ravens & Duffers)
  9. Chapter 9 went hard.. They are the bankruptcy division with having 11 players in the top 20 list, and the first 7 in the conference.. they had a grand total of $1,160 bucks invested in the top 7 players
  10. The players in PP's top 20 totaled $2,688 dollars, those same players in the RR conference went for $2,292 dollars.. A bigger disparity than the one noticed when going from the other direction

Final Conclusions:

• The Rising Rookie Conference built teams around QB and WR where in the Promising Prospect Conference it was spread out between the QB/RB/WR positions with RB being heavily favored in the top 20 by comparison
  • RR's top 20 total equaled $2,449 dollars, where PP's was $2,688 not too much disparity but it looks like PP was a little heavier handed to total out the top 20. And the price of RB in the PP division left a bigger disparity on the player price comparisons as shown above
  • The biggest difference in cost where RR paid higher for a player than PP did was DeAndre Hopkins where there was a $46 dollar difference
  • The biggest difference in cost where RR paid less for a player than PP did was Ezekiel Elliot where there was a $60 dollar difference
  • Purchasing big name players for big prices is pretty evenly spread out in the Rising Rookies conference, obviously Alaska Arsenic is an outlier but for the most part its pretty equal.. but that wasn't the case in PP and there was a huge disparity in the Promising Prospects conference

Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: Team Building, Roster Wars MINOR style   Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:39 pm

I will now be curious to see how being the outlier in RR works out when the season starts. Excellent work on this! Love seeing it mapped out for us.

Back to top Go down
http://faketeams.com
Tenafly Vipers

PostSubject: Re: Team Building, Roster Wars MINOR style   Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:10 pm

I regret not bidding up Mike Evans, Zeke and Julio. I felt like those were big values at the time, but I was thrown the first day with the huge spending. I wasn't expecting $100+ bids to be the norm outside the top 10.

Anyone else surprised Justin's only on here once??

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Team Building, Roster Wars MINOR style   Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:31 pm

Yeah, I definitely went the money saving route after I got outbid late a couple of times. Hopefully it works out when I have more money to spend on the guys still out there. No top 10 WR on my team. Lots of young RBs though. And lots of players out there that I'm targeting!

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Team Building, Roster Wars MINOR style   Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:52 pm

Love me some charts, graphs, & stats.  Love looking at this stuff.  I haven't really followed the auction all that closely except what has been talked about in the Peanut Gallery.  This is a great snap shot to see where all the big bucks that were talked about were being spent. Great job Sam!  vote yes

Back to top Go down
Riverside Rottweilers

PostSubject: Re: Team Building, Roster Wars MINOR style   Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:08 pm

Great work Sam. Should be interesting to see how the biggest spending teams fare this season.

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Team Building, Roster Wars MINOR style   Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:14 pm

Riverside Rottweilers wrote:
Great work Sam. Should be interesting to see how the biggest spending teams fare this season.

Especially the Valhalla Viktors! poking

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Team Building, Roster Wars MINOR style   Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:03 pm

I'm not sure about PP, but RR has been ridiculously offense heavy on spending.

Currently, 87% of the bidding money has been spent.  69% has been on offense so far, with only 18% spent on defense.

4 teams have spent at least 78% of their total budget on offense so far, with another 2 over 70%.

4 teams have spent less than 10% of their budget on defense, with 2 teams under 5%.

I'm shocked at how much is still being spent on the offensive guys being put up with some of the rosters lack of IDP...

you are crazy

Back to top Go down
Tenafly Vipers

PostSubject: Re: Team Building, Roster Wars MINOR style   Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:05 pm

Ur D look nice vote yes

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Team Building, Roster Wars MINOR style   Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:06 pm

Tenafly Vipers wrote:
Ur D look nice vote yes

Yes I'm very appreciative of you guys letting that happen

Back to top Go down
Tenafly Vipers

PostSubject: Re: Team Building, Roster Wars MINOR style   Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:09 pm

You paid for it, but Keanu and Shad Jones were thumbsup

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Team Building, Roster Wars MINOR style   Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:37 pm

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:

Currently, 87% of the bidding money has been spent.  69% has been on offense so far, with only 18% spent on defense.

4 teams have spent at least 78% of their total budget on offense so far, with another 2 over 70%.

4 teams have spent less than 10% of their budget on defense, with 2 teams under 5%.

I'm shocked at how much is still being spent on the offensive guys being put up with some of the rosters lack of IDP...

you are crazy

Coming from the guy who has one RB. Don't listen to him! It's a trick so we quit bidding him up!

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Team Building, Roster Wars MINOR style   Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:42 pm

Maplewood Doppelgangers wrote:

you are crazy

Coming from the guy who has one RB.  Don't listen to him! It's a trick so we quit bidding him up!

Just stating facts.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Team Building, Roster Wars MINOR style   Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:51 pm

Also yes, stop bidding me up. You and Tim messed up my whole plan with your nonsense. It was going swimmingly before that.

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Team Building, Roster Wars MINOR style   Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:54 pm

Also yes, stop bidding me up.  You and Tim messed up my whole plan with your nonsense.  It was going swimmingly before that.

hehe loser

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Team Building, Roster Wars MINOR style   Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:12 pm

I'm very conservative.

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Team Building, Roster Wars MINOR style   Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:14 pm

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
I'm very conservative.  

Totally...

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Team Building, Roster Wars MINOR style   Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:44 pm

Good read, Sam - well done.

clap

Back to top Go down
Kansas City Kings

PostSubject: Re: Team Building, Roster Wars MINOR style   Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:56 pm

awesome chart Sam! Now go spend some money!

Back to top Go down
Kansas City Kings

PostSubject: Re: Team Building, Roster Wars MINOR style   Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:02 am

you are crazy

I wish it was like that on our side. I feel like i had to fight more for some IDP studs. usually people ignore them like in RR and i feast on IDP personel!

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: Team Building, Roster Wars MINOR style   Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:08 am

you are crazy

Says the guy who is about to spend $49 on Martavis "one step from a year long suspension" Bryant. Pretty hefty offensive spending this late. yikes

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Team Building, Roster Wars MINOR style   Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:12 am

Carolina Werewolves wrote:

you are crazy

Says the guy who is about to spend $49 on Martavis "one step from a year long suspension" Bryant. Pretty hefty offensive spending this late. yikes

Yeah the plan wasn't to go that high, but I'm drafting with some jerks.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: Team Building, Roster Wars MINOR style   Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:19 am

Since I like to open my big mouth and let you all know my strategies, here is another gem from my 2012 experience...... getting decent defensive players is a LOT easier than offensive ones via the wire. It wasn't even close. Then you add the crapshoot that is the draft (and even a college/draftnick guy like myself realizes that team building through the draft isn't a science it is luck) and I am getting as many start-able offensive players as I can.

(As I write this I am sweating over yet another LB pick up and bid on a DT)

Back to top Go down
Manhattan Beach Patriots

PostSubject: Re: Team Building, Roster Wars MINOR style   Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:24 am

Also yes, stop bidding me up.  You and Tim messed up my whole plan with your nonsense.  It was going swimmingly before that.

I was tempted to keep going, but couldn't pull the trigger...

Back to top Go down
Latvia Unicorns

PostSubject: Re: Team Building, Roster Wars MINOR style   Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:52 am

Great work Sam, love it.

Top defensive players are cheaper in the auction because they are cheaper to find in general. Kwon Alexander was a 6th Round rookie pick. Startable CB's and S's can be picked up from the waiver wire.

Back to top Go down
MobTown Ravens

PostSubject: Re: Team Building, Roster Wars MINOR style   Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:37 am

" but the first and most important conclusion you should observe is what happens when I am at home with 7 adolescent girls (12-13 year old's) and my wife and I am the only male in the house... which is you get pretty charts and summaries like this..

So while your wife is with the girls, you are locked up in your man cave creating tables!...she must be a very understanding wife!

Nice job on the tables....

Back to top Go down
http://www.gomariposa.org/
Andromeda Afterglow

PostSubject: Re: Team Building, Roster Wars MINOR style   Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:31 am

Great stuff man. Definitely more of a studs and duds approach in PP, happy to be a member of the bankruptcy division

Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers

PostSubject: Re: Team Building, Roster Wars MINOR style   Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:13 pm

Thanks everyone, yeah I thought it would be nice to put a picture together of how different the approaches were between the two conferences.

And yeah Mac, she is understanding.. she also knows with the 8 girls in the house yesterday I would have went crazy if I had been involved in every game and nail painting activity that was going on, so she graciously let me slip away to my cave yes

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Team Building, Roster Wars MINOR style   Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:06 pm

Enjoyed reading this Sam. I know this took some time.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: Team Building, Roster Wars MINOR style   Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:57 pm

Thank you for the information and charts. Great read. Interesting to see the differences between conferences with the same players and settings.

Back to top Go down
Faber College Mongols

PostSubject: Re: Team Building, Roster Wars MINOR style   Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:28 pm

Well done on this Sam, interesting info. Would be interesting to see the top values and operpays from each side once the auction is complete.

Back to top Go down
Manhattan Beach Patriots

PostSubject: Re: Team Building, Roster Wars MINOR style   Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:31 pm

Great job Sam. Very informative.

Back to top Go down
Denver Demons

PostSubject: Re: Team Building, Roster Wars MINOR style   Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:38 pm

Very interesting to look at. I'm a little surprised at how far off some of the players were (sup with Nuk in RR, Ghoji?) but the league betting aggressiveness definitely fits what we expected.

Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: Team Building, Roster Wars MINOR style   Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:43 pm

They just kept raising my bid on Nuk. I set my proxy and the price kept going up. So someone else was willing to pay that price I guess.

Back to top Go down
http://faketeams.com
Edinburgh Galacticos

PostSubject: Re: Team Building, Roster Wars MINOR style   Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:24 am

Great work Sam nice read

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: Team Building, Roster Wars MINOR style   Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:32 am

Tenafly Vipers wrote:

This was one of the first things I looked for, and thought at first it must be a mistake.

Great work Sam.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Team Building, Roster Wars MINOR style   Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:15 am

Damn, missed this during the busy weekend. Nice work.

I cannot believe that in any world, TY went for more than Evans in a dynasty format. Mind Blown.

Back to top Go down
Andromeda Afterglow

PostSubject: Re: Team Building, Roster Wars MINOR style   Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:21 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Damn, missed this during the busy weekend. Nice work.

I cannot believe that in any world, TY went for more than Evans in a dynasty format. Mind Blown.

Great steal there, how'd you all let him go for that cheap?! Also crazy that Jordy was virtually the same price

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Team Building, Roster Wars MINOR style   Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:58 pm

Charm City Justice wrote:
Tenafly Vipers wrote:

This was one of the first things I looked for, and thought at first it must be a mistake.

Great work Sam.

You guys all think you know me but you don't know me at all!

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Team Building, Roster Wars MINOR style   Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:30 pm

Figured I'd post this with the auction starting to wrap up for RR.  Some interesting stuff here (I think I did this right...).  

With 98% of the money spent in RR, here is how teams broke down their spending:

Back to top Go down
Manhattan Beach Patriots

PostSubject: Re: Team Building, Roster Wars MINOR style   Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:45 pm

Nicely done Matt. Interesting indeed.

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Team Building, Roster Wars MINOR style   Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:34 pm

I like how the Marauders stops at LB. laughing

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Team Building, Roster Wars MINOR style   Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:56 am

You can't have CB and S colors when you haven't taken any Laughing

Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: Team Building, Roster Wars MINOR style   Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:27 pm

Very cool. Thanks for sharing.

Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers

PostSubject: Re: Team Building, Roster Wars MINOR style   Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:33 pm

Other #'s:
RR Drafted 515 players
PP Drafted 506 Players
RR's most rostered on a team is 64
PP's most rostered on a team is 59
RR's lowest rostered on a team is 25
PP's lowest rostered on a team is 27

All these #'s and charts take into account the final 2 bids that are still in the process of being closed out

Back to top Go down
Kansas City Kings

PostSubject: Re: Team Building, Roster Wars MINOR style   Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:50 pm

Once again, awesome job with the tables Sam!

Back to top Go down
MobTown Ravens

PostSubject: Re: Team Building, Roster Wars MINOR style   Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:23 pm

Great details!.....gives one a better understanding of the different strategies used by teams to lay the foundation of their rosters

Back to top Go down
http://www.gomariposa.org/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Team Building, Roster Wars MINOR style   

Back to top Go down

Team Building, Roster Wars MINOR style
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Main RW Lobby-
Jump to: