HomeLog inRegisterFAQSearch

Share | 

2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
North Carolina Cobras

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:32 pm

Any veterans around for a quick question..

Not sure where or if I can access the Major Leagues rosters, but what is the average roster size in the Majors. I'd like to get an idea of what # of players I need to plan to invest in.

Thanks

Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:34 pm

North Carolina Cobras wrote:

Not sure where or if I can access the Major Leagues rosters, but what is the average roster size in the Majors. I'd like to get an idea of what # of players I need to plan to invest in.

Thanks

http://www65.myfantasyleague.com/2017/home/38933#2

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:36 pm

Thanks

Current Rosters:
http://www65.myfantasyleague.com/2017/options?L=38933&O=07&DISPLAY=CONFERENCE01

End of season rosters for last year:
http://www65.myfantasyleague.com/2016/options?L=38933&O=07

Back to top Go down
North Carolina Cobras

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:44 pm

Thanks. That helps

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:46 pm

I don't know if it helps but my rule of thumb is double the staring line up plus half for starting line up.

22 +22+11=55 seems like a good starting point for roster size.

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:46 pm

That's the beauty of this league.  Roster sizes really vary.  From the Littleton (my balls aren't the only small thing) Silver Ballers roster to the Bergen (you gotta wear a name tag) Brawlers roster.  So figure on somewhere between 50 - 90 players. grin

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:50 pm

I just checked my roster and there are currently 69 NightHawks.  Maybe a bit high, but I'm happy with that number. wink

Back to top Go down
North Carolina Cobras

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:12 pm

Wife said, "you want to go out to the pool for a few hours?"

I replied, "Nah. Got a football auction to stare at all day."

She replied, "OK. Think you can spare 45 minutes later to cook some steaks on the grill?"

I said, "Sure. I can drink and watch the auction in the man cave and keep an eye on the grill."

Life is all about priorities!

Back to top Go down
North Carolina Cobras

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:29 pm

Well Fournette made it to under 40 minutes and then he was bid on...

Whew that was close, I had overbid on him and now Kalamazoo Nukes saved me..

Thank you fantasy Gods for watching over me today.

Back to top Go down
Latvia Unicorns

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:37 pm

My first nominated player, LeVeon Bell, back to 24 hours. laughing

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:48 pm

I like Justin's LB's.

Back to top Go down
Kalamazoo Nukes

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:58 pm

Good timing, I was just out bid on a few guys I spent to much on too. I guess it's a win win for both of us.
cheers

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:02 pm

Kalamazoo Nukes wrote:

Good timing, I was just out bid on a few guys I spent to much on too. I guess it's a win win for both of us.
cheers

Have fun with Beckham too. Too rich for my blood!

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:20 pm

She replied, "OK. Think you can spare 45 minutes later to cook some steaks on the grill?"

I said, "Sure. I can drink and watch the auction in the man cave and keep an eye on the grill."

It would have been even better had you answered question 2 with the same response as the first. LOL. And took a picture of her face as that reality sunk in.

Back to top Go down
North Carolina Cobras

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:33 pm

She's played in fantasy leagues before. She won a 32 team NCAA Football League her first year. Went undefetaed thus kicking the other 31 male owners' egos (inlcuding mine) in the ass.
So she understands.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:01 pm

Rocky Mountain Oysters wrote:
I like Justin's LB's.

Me too. Happy to have them both.

Back to top Go down
Latvia Unicorns

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:10 pm

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
I like Justin's LB's.

Me too.  Happy to have them both.

It's a shame Luke Kuechly will retire in 2018 after missing weeks 7-16 due to concussions. wink

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:13 pm

You jest but knowing my luck that's exactly what will happen.

Back to top Go down
Latvia Unicorns

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:15 pm

You jest but knowing my luck that's exactly what will happen.

I'll give you a 2018 4th Round pick right now. Take it or leave it.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:18 pm

Looks like Justin is going to have some killer tight ends too

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:20 pm

And barely any money left for the rest of the draft!

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:22 pm

Maplewood Doppelgangers wrote:
And barely any money left for the rest of the draft!

Shhhhh!!! (No one was supposed to tell him that)

Back to top Go down
Latvia Unicorns

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:23 pm

Carolina Werewolves wrote:

Kelce is a baller with these scoring settings. Arguably better than Gronk.

Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:25 pm

Latvia Unicorns wrote:

Kelce is a baller with these scoring settings. Arguably better than Gronk.

I agree completely

Back to top Go down
http://faketeams.com
Polk High Panthers

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:26 pm

Man some of these disparities in price is crazy...

Easy E going for 110 in SS and 170 in PP

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:29 pm

Gronk didn't get memo that you need to take care of yourself in the off season. Too many party boats,club appearances, and not enough eating right.He has an example in front of him in Tom Brady but doesn't seem to want to emulate him. Gronk won't play a full 17 week season again. Buyer beware.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:32 pm

He is frigging talented

Back to top Go down
Riverside Rottweilers

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:34 pm

Latvia Unicorns wrote:
My first nominated player, LeVeon Bell, back to 24 hours. laughing

Same thing happening with my nomination of Jameis. I'm gonna nominate kickers from now on.

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:36 pm

Gronk didn't get memo that you need to take care of yourself in the off season. Too many party boats,club appearances, and not enough eating right.He has an example in front of him in Tom Brady but doesn't seem to want to emulate him. Gronk won't play a full 17 week season again. Buyer beware.

Couldn't agree more. That's why I sold him this offseason.

Cooks, Mosley and picks that turned into Shaheen and Everett.

Even if he plays another season of 17 games, happy with haul.

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:43 pm

Polk High Panthers wrote:

What is SS?

Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:57 pm

What is SS?

lol.. Meant RR

Back to top Go down
Kansas City Kings

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:28 pm

I hear ya! Was up at 7 this morning (very uncharacteristic of me on a Saturday). Just so I could run down to my war room before my kids woke up!

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:35 pm

What is SS?

Obviously it means shortstop shrug

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:48 pm

Nevada NightHawks wrote:

What is SS?

no! get outta here with that baseball talk!

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:53 pm

Maplewood Doppelgangers wrote:
Nevada NightHawks wrote:

What is SS?

no! get outta here with that baseball talk!

Hey, Sam started it, and I was just answering Ed's question. lol3

Back to top Go down
Edinburgh Galacticos

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:22 pm

Aw man I overpaid for Gronk, was part of my strategy to get him but I never thought anyone would bid me up to $120. Crap!

Anyway its balls out strategy so this is gonna happen from time to time.

Back to top Go down
Edinburgh Galacticos

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:23 pm

I decided not to look at the other league. I dont think anything good comes of it. If there is a bargain to be had, well 10 other guy have already seen it and if I have just overpaid well I dont want it rubbed in my face.
Nah, not gonna look.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:20 pm

I got Gronk for $84 but I'm about to be flat broke.

Back to top Go down
Southside Spartans

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:40 pm

I never look at the other auction either. Heck I'm in 2 startup auctions right now and I'm trying to not compare the 2 as much as possible. Every auction is completely different (which is the fun part of them). Snake draft you can auto-draft and still have a decently balanced team since most are pretty much the same...and I'd argue some guys I've played with will do better with the auto turned on.

Back to top Go down
Denver Demons

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:42 pm

Edinburgh Galacticos wrote:
I decided not to look at the other league. I dont think anything good comes of it. If there is a bargain to be had, well 10 other guy have already seen it and if I have just overpaid well I dont want it rubbed in my face.
Nah, not gonna look.

Eh. Different leagues so different markets. It's the same player pool so at the end of the day. PP will be bidding barely anything for their end of roster guys while RR spends a bit more later on.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:43 pm

Denver Demons wrote:
Nah, not gonna look.

Eh. Different leagues so different markets. It's the same player pool so at the end of the day. PP will be bidding barely anything for their end of roster guys while RR spends a bit more later on.

Not for all of us Laughing

Back to top Go down
Riverside Rottweilers

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:52 pm

Denver Demons wrote:
Nah, not gonna look.

You can probably just take the next few days off until we get through this upper tier of players.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:59 pm

Riverside Rottweilers wrote:
Denver Demons wrote:
Nah, not gonna look.

You can probably just take the next few days off until we get through this upper tier of players.

Yeah I pretty much have to.

Back to top Go down
North Carolina Cobras

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:04 pm

Kudos to league officials. Have to say, this has been one of the more entrataining auction bid drafts that I have ever taken part of.

Back to top Go down
North Carolina Cobras

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:33 pm

The ONLY way to spend a Saturday night

Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:34 pm

Good work Andy!

Back to top Go down
Haddonfield Slashers

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:40 pm

Looks good to me! vote yes

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:35 pm

Letting Hopkins go was brutal on me. Really painful. I decided I liked Cooper more though and his QB situation. Mack will also help the D even more.

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:35 pm

Kansas City Kings wrote:

I hear ya!  Was up at 7 this morning (very uncharacteristic of me on a Saturday). Just so I could run down to my war room before my kids woke up!

Dedication!!

Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:40 pm

Letting Hopkins go was brutal on me.  Really painful.  I decided I liked Cooper more though and his QB situation.  Mack will also help the D even more.  

We will see what happens. Extremely happy to get Hop, but it came at a high price.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   

Back to top Go down

2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Main RW Lobby-
Jump to: