HomeLog inRegisterFAQSearch

Share | 

2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:43 am

Can we just let Jason have Goff at $1? Fair price.

Back to top Go down
http://faketeams.com
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:44 am

Demon keeps taking Landon from me, but do you hear me crying like a little girl?
I keep losing Bosa too.

ROFL

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:46 am

I cant help my bidding ....ED was suppose to help me through the auction but wont give me any tips. So I am left out here erratically preparing for an auction that scares me to death.

Back to top Go down
Denver Demons

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:48 am

Indiana Mayhem wrote:
Demon keeps taking Landon from me, but do you hear me crying like a little girl?
I keep losing Bosa too.  

ROFL    

laughing I have zero problems with how anything has gone on my end. I was just giving an instance of why last minute bids wouldn't be asshole-ish. The bidding took a day to get there, but they're just now where I expected them to end up for some of these guys.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:51 am

Alaska Arsenic wrote:
Can we just let Jason have Goff at $1?  Fair price.

rofl rofl

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:51 am

Denver Demons wrote:
Indiana Mayhem wrote:
I keep losing Bosa too.  

ROFL    

laughing I have zero problems with how anything has gone on my end. I was just giving an instance of why last minute bids wouldn't be asshole-ish. The bidding took a day to get there, but they're just now where I expected them to end up for some of these guys.

Can I see your price list? Evil laugh

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:53 am

I am psyched that all 3 of my first noms are already taken. 3 fresh one are up.....

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:55 am

Carolina Werewolves wrote:
I am psyched that all 3 of my first noms are already taken. 3 fresh one are up.....

Yeah last minute bids on my noms are just as upsetting as players I'm leading on...

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:56 am

Indiana Mayhem wrote:
ED was suppose to help me through the auction

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:58 am

Alaska Arsenic wrote:
Can we just let Jason have Goff at $1?  Fair price.

rofl rofl

Up to $20. Ouch!

Back to top Go down
Denver Demons

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:01 am

Indiana Mayhem wrote:
Denver Demons wrote:
Indiana Mayhem wrote:
I keep losing Bosa too.  

ROFL    

Can I see your price list? Evil laugh

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:03 am

Yep. Two surprising points there....that I actually have $20 invested in him and some one bid on him. I guess I am not the only crazy one.

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:06 am

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:

Yeah last minute bids on my noms are  just as upsetting as players I'm leading on...

I guess nobody wanted to snag Travis Benjamin from me! rofl

Back to top Go down
Southside Spartans

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:06 am

For PP conference just want to tell everyone there is no ill intentions on my part if I bid late on a player and I don't hold any grudges if people snag my guys (I should have bid more with my initial bid right). Half the fun/ drama of an auction and know it will happen.

There are multiple reasons this happens (bargains, lose player you wanted so plan B, etc...). I hate doing it because I like getting new noms on the board so I try not to but is what it is.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:10 am

Things might be annoying but just roll with it...we've all been there.

If MFL was mine, an idea for auctions like this would be not only to set the limit of auctions (36) like we have done, but I would add the limiting of auctions started per owner (3) and the number of actual bids allowed in a 24 hour period per owner (20?) because I doubt anyone has ever wanted every player on the board at a time and if limited to a certain number it would force owners to place heartfelt bids and not screw around. Wouldn't cure it all but I'd bet it would get the job done.

Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:13 am

Yeah i guess that's what I mean by price checking with $1 bids. They aren't heartfelt bids (Thanks for that wording Andy!) They are just seeing where the threshold is. I didn't mean anything negative by it - just what I call it.

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:14 am

Southside Spartans wrote:
For PP conference just want to tell everyone there is no ill intentions on my part if I bid late on a player and I don't hold any grudges if people snag my guys (I should have bid more with my initial bid right).  Half the fun/ drama of an auction and know it will happen.

There are multiple reasons this happens (bargains, lose player you wanted so plan B, etc...).  I hate doing it because I like getting new noms on the board so I try not to but is what it is.

I've got no problem with last minute bids, it's the bidding up $1 at a time to either hike up the player, or become the high bidder with a $1 lead. If you want the guy, go in with a competitive bid. That being said, I've got no problem doing it if that's the route we're taking.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:18 am

Minnesota Eternals wrote:

If MFL was mine, an idea for auctions like this would be not only to set the limit of auctions (36) like we have done, but I would add the limiting of auctions started per owner (3) and the number of actual bids allowed in a 24 hour period per owner (20?) because I doubt anyone has ever wanted every player on the board at a time and if limited to a certain number it would force owners to place heartfelt bids and not screw around.  Wouldn't cure it all but I'd bet it would get the job done.

I would hate this idea...........zero chance I would set an auction this way.

When you are at Mecum's auto auction they dont limit you to a certain number of bids. It gets to the end and folks bid $500 or $1000 increments. It is the thrill of the auction. Same in an estate auction....you dont wanna pay more than you have to for anything.

If a commish doesnt want the auction to take forever do them live.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:19 am

Maplewood Doppelgangers wrote:
Southside Spartans wrote:
For PP conference just want to tell everyone there is no ill intentions on my part if I bid late on a player and I don't hold any grudges if people snag my guys (I should have bid more with my initial bid right).  Half the fun/ drama of an auction and know it will happen.

There are multiple reasons this happens (bargains, lose player you wanted so plan B, etc...).  I hate doing it because I like getting new noms on the board so I try not to but is what it is.

I've got no problem with last minute bids, it's the bidding up $1 at a time to either hike up the player, or become the high bidder with a $1 lead. If you want the guy, go in with a competitive bid.  That being said, I've got no problem doing it if that's the route we're taking.

Why? Maybe $1 is competitive.

Back to top Go down
Valhalla Viktors

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:21 am

If MFL was mine, an idea for auctions like this would be not only to set the limit of auctions (36) like we have done, but I would add the limiting of auctions started per owner (3) and the number of actual bids allowed in a 24 hour period per owner (20?) because I doubt anyone has ever wanted every player on the board at a time and if limited to a certain number it would force owners to place heartfelt bids and not screw around.  Wouldn't cure it all but I'd bet it would get the job done.

Now that would be awesome.. thumbsup

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:21 am

I agree with Carla. I would hate a limit on bids. Sometimes you just like a guy especially at a certain price and you just want to throw a bid on him. The idea of "I only have 19 bids to go then" would be too restrictive. The auction would go faster but I don't think it would be to the good.

Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:23 am

Indiana Mayhem wrote:

When you are at Mecum's auto auction they dont limit you to a certain number of bids.  It gets to the end and folks bid $500 or $1000 increments.  It is the thrill of the auction.  Same in an estate auction....you dont wanna pay more than you have to for anything.

Those aren't blind bids though. You know the price to beat in those auctions. Much different scenario.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:24 am

Alaska Arsenic wrote:
Yeah i guess that's what I mean by price checking with $1 bids.  They aren't heartfelt bids (Thanks for that wording Andy!)  They are just seeing where the threshold is.  I didn't mean anything negative by it - just what I call it.

I agree.  It's complete BS.   And it completely sucks that MFL this year did away with being able to see who the asshat is that did those $1 bids.  In years past we would know which team owner was a jackass, now you have to guess.

Oh and if you're the one upping it by $1. You are behaving like a dick and one of the tenets of this league is to not be a dick.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:28 am

I agree with Carla. I would hate a limit on bids. Sometimes you just like a guy especially at a certain price and you just want to throw a bid on him. The idea of "I only have 19 bids to go then" would be too restrictive. The auction would go faster but I don't think it would be to the good.

Exactly, you would be setting up the auction to very likely not allow true value for a player.

Even in RFA here on the message board we have bidding wars.............and Andy can 100% control the number of times we bid there on players and he hasnt done that yet.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:28 am

Alaska Arsenic wrote:
Indiana Mayhem wrote:

When you are at Mecum's auto auction they dont limit you to a certain number of bids.  It gets to the end and folks bid $500 or $1000 increments.  It is the thrill of the auction.  Same in an estate auction....you dont wanna pay more than you have to for anything.

Those aren't blind bids though.  You know the price to beat in those auctions.  Much different scenario.

They are proxy bids here.............you dont know the value either.

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:29 am

Whiskey Creek Gadabouts wrote:
Alaska Arsenic wrote:
Yeah i guess that's what I mean by price checking with $1 bids.  They aren't heartfelt bids (Thanks for that wording Andy!)  They are just seeing where the threshold is.  I didn't mean anything negative by it - just what I call it.

I agree.  It's complete BS.   And it completely sucks that MFL this year did away with being able to see who the asshat is that did those $1 bids.  In years past we would know which team owner was a jackass, now you have to guess.

Oh and if you're the one upping it by $1.  You are behaving like a dick and one of the tenets of this league is to not be a dick.  

I just wish the asshat in my instance would check out this thread and maybe realizes his asshattery.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:29 am

I personally think less of every single one of you after 24 hours in the auction. I hate you all.

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:30 am

I personally think less of every single one of you after 24 hours in the auction.  I hate you all.

high five

Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:30 am

Alaska Arsenic wrote:

Oh and if you're the one upping it by $1.  You are behaving like a dick and one of the tenets of this league is to not be a dick.  

I just wish the asshat in my instance would check out this thread and maybe realizes his asshattery.

pay attention

Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:32 am

I personally think less of every single one of you after 24 hours in the auction.  I hate you all.

Ah we are finally on the same level then!

Back to top Go down
Southside Spartans

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:33 am

I actually LOL'd in a meeting here and everyone looked at me. It's so true.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:33 am

EXACTLY........nobody is nice let's be real.

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:36 am

Indiana Mayhem wrote:

I hate you the most Carla! Evil laugh

Back to top Go down
Valhalla Viktors

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:37 am

Maybe we just have to everyone sign a waiver that says they won't be a complete ass during an auction. LOL

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:40 am

Indiana Mayhem wrote:

I hate you the most Carla! Evil laugh

Not because I am bidding on your players (whatever price checking means) because I am not in your conference!

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:41 am

My power rankings of who I hate the most are constantly evolving. We do have some early frontrunners though.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:43 am

Valhalla Viktors wrote:
Maybe we just have to everyone sign a waiver that says they won't be a complete ass during an auction.  LOL

I am not signing that until I have a definition of what that means!

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:44 am

My power rankings of who I hate the most are constantly evolving.  We do have some early frontrunners though.

I hate everyone I work with today......I need to leave this office

Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:44 am

My power rankings of who I hate the most are constantly evolving.  We do have some early frontrunners though.

Minor League hater rankings. I would enjoy that with a little blurb on level of asshattery

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:45 am

And it completely sucks that MFL this year did away with being able to see who the asshat is that did those $1 bids.

I think we cleared this up that there is a setting that allows you to see all the bids, just like in years past.  I can see all the $1 bids that are happening now.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:46 am

Rocky Mountain Oysters wrote:
And it completely sucks that MFL this year did away with being able to see who the asshat is that did those $1 bids.

I think we cleared this up that there is a setting that allows you to see all the bids, just like in years past.  I can see all the $1 bids that are happening now.

Me too

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:48 am

Maybe we just need a Wall of Shame

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:51 am

I prefer Greg's method of posting a private part selfie next to the face of the offending owner.

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:56 am

Wow, this devolved quickly. Isn't this supposed to be where we talk about value and Greg tells us we are all stupid?

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:57 am

Just the boys cryin......they will grow thicker skin soon

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:03 am

Denver Demons wrote:
Kansas City Kings wrote:
Wow 17% for a RB.  I don't care how much of a "generational talent" Zeke is, that is a bit much.

Don't listen to him, St Louis. Go get your guy! Whatever it takes.

zip it

Yep, I'm gonna keep my mouth shut while an auction is active.  People can do what they want with their own team and I'll do what I want with mine.

I'll brag or ridicule once a player is won.

We apparently like a lot of the same guys. I apologize in advance haha.

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:06 am

I think it only shows you when they become the high bidder, not the bids that it takes to get to being high bidder.

Back to top Go down
Valhalla Viktors

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:11 am

I think it only shows you when they become the high bidder, not the bids that it takes to get to being high bidder.

yeah, i believe thats right. they used to show all bids which was awesome.

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:12 am

No - they're all on the transactions report, Ben.

http://www65.myfantasyleague.com/2017/options?L=67922&O=03

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:19 am

No - they're all on the transactions report, Ben.

http://www65.myfantasyleague.com/2017/options?L=67922&O=03

Nope, because it shows me going to $102 for Beckham, then $104, then $106. Because I had a proxy bid in for $106, it only showed me and not the person that kept raising my bid. Then a few minutes later, I lost him to a $107 bid

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread   

Back to top Go down

2017 Minor League Peanut Gallery Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 20Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Main RW Lobby-
Jump to: