HomeLog inRegisterFAQSearch

Share | 

Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:27 pm

Indiana Mayhem wrote:
Polk High Panthers wrote:
I'm in for whenever. I'm guessing this draft will be for the rookies as well, or are we handling a rookie draft separate from this startup one?

One auction only.  Vets and Rooks are available.

idea = put rookie "slot" up for auction

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:42 pm

This is just like the original auction. All the vets and this year's rookies are pooled together. Plan accordingly.

Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:17 pm

Kane County Goon Squad wrote:
Indiana Mayhem wrote:
I'm in for whenever. I'm guessing this draft will be for the rookies as well, or are we handling a rookie draft separate from this startup one?

Yeap I've seen it done that way as well. Thanks for clarifying Carla

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:40 am

Indiana Mayhem wrote:

Yeap I've seen it done that way as well. Thanks for clarifying Carla

Youre welcome

Back to top Go down
MobTown Ravens

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:43 am

Best format for a startup league, auction draft, IMO...is vets and rookies combined as it reflects the benefit that is at the core of an auction draft...all teams have equal access to all players, and let the system do the work

Back to top Go down
http://www.gomariposa.org/
Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:31 am

Definitely agree Mac. Best set up for us.

Back to top Go down
http://faketeams.com
Manhattan Beach Patriots

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:12 am

MobTown Ravens wrote:
Best format for a startup league, auction draft, IMO...is vets and rookies combined as it reflects the benefit that is at the core of an auction draft...all teams have equal access to all players, and let the system do the work

I agree. Glad this how we're doing it this way.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:27 am

Yep I love the combined setup

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:18 pm

I guess for me once Rooks are on NFL teams why would you run them separate? Rookie placeholders or spacers are great if your draft is prior.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:23 pm

the way I meant it is there would only be 12 in each auction 1.1 through 1.12 - meaning whoever won the 1.3 "slot" in the auction would get the 1.3, 2.3, 3.3, 4.3, 5.3, 6.3, & 7.3

Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:35 pm

the way I meant it is there would only be 12 in each auction 1.1 through 1.12 - meaning whoever won the 1.3 "slot" in the auction would get the 1.3, 2.3, 3.3, 4.3, 5.3, 6.3, & 7.3

That's an interesting idea. However, I feel like the goal is to be able to get anyone through the auction and that wouldn't be possible with a straight draft for rookies. I like combining all the players for the initial auction.

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:37 pm

I get the logic behind it, Eric, but I think that I'd rather pay for a guy that I really want, then leave it up to chance that he's available still at the pick that I bought.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:43 pm

Indiana Mayhem wrote:
I guess for me once Rooks are on NFL teams why would you run them separate?  Rookie placeholders or spacers are great if your draft is prior.

Agreed. Plus I'm interested to see how much the New Crew bids on some of the top rookies.

Back to top Go down
Denver Demons

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:54 pm

I can roll with this either way. I've done drafts both ways before. I personally prefer that they're in the general NFL player pool and not separate though.

2cents

Back to top Go down
Latvia Unicorns

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:04 pm

I would leave the league if both drafts were separate. Such a terrible idea.

Back to top Go down
Valhalla Viktors

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:51 pm

Yeah, i'm all in on just combining the two pools at this point...not a fan of doing a slot type auction.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:52 pm

If it ain't broke don't fix it. Leave it be.

Back to top Go down
North Carolina Cobras

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:44 am

This would be a "no go" for me.

Anyway, why are we even dicussing the format. If I am not mistaken, this league has a set of bylaws.

http://rosterwars.forumotion.com/t127-00-initial-draft-section-to-be-removed-after-draft-occurs

Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:16 am

North Carolina Cobras wrote:

Anyway, why are we even dicussing the format. If I am not mistaken, this league has a set of bylaws.

http://rosterwars.forumotion.com/t127-00-initial-draft-section-to-be-removed-after-draft-occurs

Correct. Looks like the rookie/vet combined draft was a legitimate question though. Andy did not touch on that in this link.

Back to top Go down
http://faketeams.com
Kalamazoo Nukes

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:21 pm

The earlier the better for the draft.

Back to top Go down
Kansas City Kings

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:43 pm

Because people are bored and need to get some posts in.

Back to top Go down
Tenafly Vipers

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:12 pm

#post143

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:16 pm

The man who pointed out "if it ain't broke don't fix it" is wise beyond his years. The start up auction for RW works as is.

Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:54 pm

Alaska Arsenic wrote:

Correct.  Looks like the rookie/vet combined draft was a legitimate question though.  Andy did not touch on that in this link.

My man G gets it...

I asked not to change the way the format is but because it wasn't mentioned. You gotta ask the question to get the answer if its not apparent or you cant find it in the by-laws. In this case I couldn't find it state whether rookies were separate or not and even if it is in-popular there are several ways you can do them separately.

Moving along...

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:14 am

Exactly! (why you're even talking about this just proves the auction should start July 5 or 6 because your jibberish is gonna get old if we dont start the engine soon).

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:24 am

Indiana Mayhem wrote:

Exactly!   (why you're even talking about this just proves the auction should start July 5 or 6 because your jibberish is gonna get old if we dont start the engine soon).

Amen.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:09 am

Moral: your questions are bad and you should feel bad

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:09 am

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:

Hey, you're a teacher.  I thought the motto is, "There are never any stupid questions." shrug

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:10 am

agree rofl

Back to top Go down
Southside Spartans

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:07 pm

Nevada NightHawks wrote:

Hey, you're a teacher.  I thought the motto is, "There are never any stupid questions." shrug

My old teachers used to tell me "There are never any stupid questions...just stupid people that ask questions"

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:49 pm

Southside Spartans wrote:
Nevada NightHawks wrote:

My old teachers used to tell me "There are never any stupid questions...just stupid people that ask questions"

ROFL  Matt, give that a try.  Any chance you'd get suspended nowadays? laughing

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:01 pm

I was much nicer about this stuff before I became a teacher

Back to top Go down
MobTown Ravens

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:18 pm

I was much nicer about this stuff before I became a teacher

Just wait Matt, When you become an administrator you spend the bulk of your time answering ?'s from adults that they should already know the answer to, ?'s from students are refrehing

Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:26 pm

Nevada NightHawks wrote:

People are so sensitive nowadays wink

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:40 pm

I see a bunch of brave souls that just think they can do whatever they damn well want when I leave for a minute...well to that I say nobody is changing the format of shit but I will adjust to your start date/time because I understand the desire to get started as early as possible Carla threatened me.

Back to top Go down
Southside Spartans

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:47 pm

Hmmm...makes me think.

Back to top Go down
Kansas City Kings

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:47 pm

Get em

Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:05 pm

Its crazy how much a question can get twisted to something completely separate, I thought this was something that was a unique skill set that only my wife had.. rofl

Back to top Go down
Southside Spartans

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:46 pm

I have a sneaky suspicion I'm going to regret that post :/

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:51 pm

Southside Spartans wrote:
I have a sneaky suspicion I'm going to regret that post :/
You won't regret it as much I regret my posts in Andy Watch.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:33 am

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
I see a bunch of brave souls that just think they can do whatever they damn well want when I leave for a minute...well to that I say nobody is changing the format of shit but I will adjust to your start date/time because I understand the desire to get started as early as possible Carla threatened me.

Thatta boy!

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:06 am

cheers

Back to top Go down
Andromeda Afterglow

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:32 am

Its crazy how much a question can get twisted to something completely separate, I thought this was something that was a unique skill set that only my wife had.. rofl
yeah that really snowballed quickly. I'm good for any time after the 4th

Back to top Go down
MobTown Ravens

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:27 am

Thought is was a bad idea that Carla had from the beginning to try to take advantage of your absence, she just put so much pressure on us new owners.......I caved in

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:08 am

MobTown Ravens wrote:

Thought is was a bad idea that Carla had from the beginning to try to take advantage of your absence, she just put so much pressure on us new owners.......I caved in

That was me being nice too.....wait til I get mad!

Back to top Go down
Denver Demons

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:28 am

Indiana Mayhem wrote:
MobTown Ravens wrote:

That was me being nice too.....wait til I get mad!

That's where all this talk of face sitting comes in, right?

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:37 am

no!

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:32 am

Oh brother doh

Back to top Go down
Tenafly Vipers

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:36 pm

Did we decide on a draft day?

Back to top Go down
Riverside Rottweilers

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:41 pm

Tenafly Vipers wrote:
Did we decide on a draft day?

I think we're starting July 5.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important   

Back to top Go down

Attention Minor League Owners -Very Important
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Main RW Lobby-