Ian jumped the gun. Do not start dropping players guys. Thanks

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: DONT DROP PLAYERS YET   Wed May 03, 2017 9:44 am

Sorry boss

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: DONT DROP PLAYERS YET   Wed May 03, 2017 9:47 am

Dude gets engaged and thinks rules don't apply to him. Oh, they do Ian.... They do!

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: DONT DROP PLAYERS YET   Wed May 03, 2017 9:49 am

Whiskey Creek Gadabouts wrote:
Dude gets engaged and thinks rules don't apply to him.  Oh, they do Ian....  They do!  
ROTFLMAO

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: DONT DROP PLAYERS YET   Wed May 03, 2017 9:51 am

Atlanta Africans wrote:
Dude gets engaged and thinks rules don't apply to him.  Oh, they do Ian....  They do!  
ROTFLMAO

ROTFLMAO

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: DONT DROP PLAYERS YET   Wed May 03, 2017 9:51 am

Fuckin Shit! I was almost going to follow in Ian's shoes! Good thing I didn't

Drop day is going to be my favorite day vote yes so metal

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: DONT DROP PLAYERS YET   Wed May 03, 2017 10:04 am

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Atlanta Africans wrote:
ROTFLMAO

ROTFLMAO

ROTFLMAO

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: DONT DROP PLAYERS YET   Wed May 03, 2017 10:05 am

I added a line to bylaw Y.4 just to make it clearer.

Quote :
When RFA ends, the RWP will give a 72 hour deadline so owners may release any 0-year players they do not want to keep and those players will be available in the upcoming draft. DO NOT RELEASE PLAYERS UNTIL THE RWP GIVES THE GREEN LIGHT TO DO SO. All players on roster beyond the deadline will require a minimum 1 year contract per our bylaws governing contracts. In addition to players who weren't put up for auction, this also includes players that the team may have just won during the RFA process.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: DONT DROP PLAYERS YET   Wed May 03, 2017 10:26 am

Dang, I got so excited to drop the dead weight. I looked and saw 18 emails, and got giddy!

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: DONT DROP PLAYERS YET   Wed May 03, 2017 12:47 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Dang, I got so excited to drop the dead weight. I looked and saw 18 emails, and got giddy!

I'm with you Nick.  I saw the emails west coast time and I thought I was late and missing the boat.  I was opening several tabs to get the show on the road.  Thank God I saw Andy's post. PHEW, that was close!

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: DONT DROP PLAYERS YET   Wed May 03, 2017 1:01 pm

So I run my team off of a Spreadsheet. I have everything in there. I have my roster with contracts, and I have a contract chart that I have given my 0 year guys contracts on to see where I am. I also have picks, and a flow chart with years that players contracts are done that I am constantly staring at and figuring how I am going to protect who I want, etc.

Does anyone else do this, or what do you do? Not asking for your roster secrets.

I think my roster is ending up smaller this year compared to last. I think I started last year at around 67. This year I will be in the 50's most likely.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: DONT DROP PLAYERS YET   Wed May 03, 2017 1:08 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
So I run my team off of a Spreadsheet. I have everything in there. I have my roster with contracts, and I have a contract chart that I have given my 0 year guys contracts on to see where I am. I also have picks, and a flow chart with years that players contracts are done that I am constantly staring at and figuring how I am going to protect who I want, etc.

Does anyone else do this, or what do you do? Not asking for your roster secrets.

I think my roster is ending up smaller this year compared to last. I think I started last year at around 67. This year I will be in the 50's most likely.

I just use a good old pen and paper, then I just input all my contract info. I used to use the spreadsheet MFL provides. But that only lasts for a few weeks then I forget

Also, 67 players!!!!!! I can't imagine rostering that many fuckin dudes!?!?!

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: DONT DROP PLAYERS YET   Wed May 03, 2017 1:10 pm

Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:

I just use a good old pen and paper, then I just input all my contract info.  I used to use the spreadsheet MFL provides.  But that only lasts for a few weeks then I forget

Also, 67 players!!!!!!  I can't imagine rostering that many fuckin dudes!?!?!

Yeah, Being projected in the 50's this year I almost feel like I am becoming you. laughing

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: DONT DROP PLAYERS YET   Wed May 03, 2017 1:12 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:

I just use a good old pen and paper, then I just input all my contract info.  I used to use the spreadsheet MFL provides.  But that only lasts for a few weeks then I forget

Also, 67 players!!!!!!  I can't imagine rostering that many fuckin dudes!?!?!

Yeah, Being projected in the 50's this year I almost feel like I am becoming you.  laughing

laughing

I will have 43 after I make my drops..... Still more than I would like though.

But I will have a total of 100 contract years, after the draft. So I will have room to add 20 FAs!!! shocking

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: DONT DROP PLAYERS YET   Wed May 03, 2017 1:18 pm

Wow, so do I dare say that there is a chance that you will have more players than me this season? Shocked

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: DONT DROP PLAYERS YET   Wed May 03, 2017 1:19 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Wow, so do I dare say that there is a chance that you will have more players than me this season? Shocked

Quite possibly laughing

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: DONT DROP PLAYERS YET   Wed May 03, 2017 1:21 pm

I don't know if I can let that happen. I like making fun of you teeny, tiny, itty bitty roster. lol 2

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: DONT DROP PLAYERS YET   Wed May 03, 2017 1:32 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Ian jumped the gun.

That's what she said.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: DONT DROP PLAYERS YET   Wed May 03, 2017 1:33 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

I started doing the same thing. I've come to the conclusion that I'll be trending towards a smaller roster with longer contracts. I have confidence in my draft picks and I don't want to deal with trying to protect 8-10 players every year.

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: DONT DROP PLAYERS YET   Wed May 03, 2017 1:40 pm

Muskego Muskies wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:

I started doing the same thing. I've come to the conclusion that I'll be trending towards a smaller roster with longer contracts. I have confidence in my draft picks and I don't want to deal with trying to protect 8-10 players every year.

I also use a spreadsheet to keep organized: WarBucks, contracts, etc all in there.

I said I wanted a smaller roster this year, but not sure I'll be able to swing it. Still trying to make this team my own and I love to collect guys. Still should have double digit years left when all said and done.

Back to top Go down
Denver Demons

PostSubject: Re: DONT DROP PLAYERS YET   Wed May 03, 2017 1:40 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

I have an Excel book with everyone on my roster and my draft picks (in my salary league with Collin) in addition to some former league rookie draft analyses, prospect scouting, etc. A bunch of If=Then formulas automatically update my multi-year salary table and cap years available. Bold is for players already locked into multi-year deals, each position has its own color, etc.

It sounds pretty similar to yours, tbh

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: DONT DROP PLAYERS YET   Wed May 03, 2017 1:51 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

I do the same thing with my roster and a spreadsheet:  Player position, team, age, contract years, War Buck Balance, SMAK Projections, all color coded and then of course printed out and able to carry with me anywhere I am. vote yes  I gotta get it updated once I "Ian" my roster(another term for dropping 0 contract player laughing ).  Then I can start analyzing my roster to spread out the contract years to avoid an overflow of Free-Agents in any 1 off-season.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: DONT DROP PLAYERS YET   Wed May 03, 2017 3:07 pm

Nice!

ROFL

Back to top Go down
St. Louis Duffers

PostSubject: Re: DONT DROP PLAYERS YET   Wed May 03, 2017 6:39 pm

Oh he will learn this lesson very soon, if he hadn't already.

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: DONT DROP PLAYERS YET   Wed May 03, 2017 7:41 pm

I don't use a spreadsheet I don't do much planning tbh. Just wanna steal players. And get Derrick angry.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: DONT DROP PLAYERS YET   Thu May 04, 2017 6:36 am

I have spreadsheets but not for this league. Mine are for commish duties.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: DONT DROP PLAYERS YET   Thu May 04, 2017 9:43 am

Tarpon Springs RedKnights wrote:
I don't use a spreadsheet I don't do much planning tbh. Just wanna steal players. And get Derrick angry.

I wasn't that Angry with Sanders....Just a little bummed out

Now if someone would've went after Rudolph. Then that would've pissed me off something fierce!!! But, nobody did, so I'm still a happy dude

Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers

PostSubject: Re: DONT DROP PLAYERS YET   Thu May 04, 2017 7:05 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

I got a tracker for my trackers.. lol

No really I do.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DONT DROP PLAYERS YET   

Back to top Go down

DONT DROP PLAYERS YET
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Main RW Lobby-
Jump to: