HomeLog inRegisterFAQSearch
x
x
x
x
x
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
x

Share | 
 

 Reuben Foster LB SF

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
England Dragons
 
 
avatar

Posts : 9013

PostSubject: Reuben Foster LB SF   Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:56 am

RED FLAG!

Alabama ILB Reuben Foster was sent home from the NFL Combine after a "heated exchange" with a hospital worker in Indianapolis.

An NFL spokesman would only concede Foster was sent home for "personal reasons," and did not divulge details of the dispute. ESPN's Kat Terrell reported Friday night that at least one team believed Foster "did not have a great interview," causing further concern about Foster's state of mind and well being. Foster suffered numerous concussion and stinger injuries early in his college career. He is currently recovering from rotator cuff surgery. At one point, Foster was believed to be on the 49ers' radar at the No. 2 overall pick.


Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 11369

PostSubject: Re: Reuben Foster LB SF   Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:35 am

Wow damn. That's crazy. Can't wait until the story comes out. Bad time to have something like this...


Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3612

PostSubject: Re: Reuben Foster LB SF   Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:49 am

Dang, that is not good at all. Anger issues is a touchy subject in the NFL these days.


Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5750

PostSubject: Re: Reuben Foster LB SF   Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:57 pm

Heard he pulled the "YOU KNOW WHO I AM CARD".....


ROFL


Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2443

PostSubject: Re: Reuben Foster LB SF   Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:06 pm

Realistically if GM's think this guy is the real deal, this will affect his draft position very little


Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 11369

PostSubject: Re: Reuben Foster LB SF   Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:59 am

Norfolk Bombers wrote:
Heard he pulled the "YOU KNOW WHO I AM CARD".....


ROFL

One time when we were going on one of our football trips, a flight got bumped and my buddy got so mad and slammed his delta card down on the table. He said, "but I'm a delta club card holder" as if no one else was. We still make fun of him for that.

After that, we got split up from him. We landed in Denver shortly after, while he went Milwaukee-Minneapolis-Cincinnati-Detroit-Denver. laughing


Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1666

PostSubject: Re: Reuben Foster LB SF   Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:38 pm

Yea, doubt this affects him too much. Clearly LB1 in this draft. Still likely a RD 1 pick.

So he's a dick... Meh


Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1898

PostSubject: Re: Reuben Foster LB SF   Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:20 am

I think it might impact his draft stock some (remember Laremy Tunsil last year). The talent is obviously not in question, but I think some teams will shy away from him, particularly if they are having PR problems already. This of course means a team in the back end of round 1 will end up with an elite talent and then have to hope he keeps his head on straight.


Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 11369

PostSubject: Re: Reuben Foster LB SF   Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:47 am

Disaster waiting to happen in the locker room.


Back to top Go down
St. Louis Duffers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 807

PostSubject: Re: Reuben Foster LB SF   Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:02 pm

That attitude won't last long inside the locker room of an NFL team.


Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1898

PostSubject: Re: Reuben Foster LB SF   Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:18 am

St. Louis Duffers wrote:
That attitude won't last long inside the locker room of an NFL team.

Depends on the locker room and the coach. Plenty of NFL players act like asshats and continually catch on because of talent. His problem is he hasn't proven his talent at the NFL level yet. If a Tom Coughlin like coach is running the locker room, you are probably right. But I bet other coaches and players will let him get away with stuff if he helps them win football games.


Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5401

PostSubject: Re: Reuben Foster LB SF   Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:24 am

I don't think he's going to be a problem at all. I think he played for Saban and everything you read about him is that he was great in the Locker Room (not like that Justin ya weirdo).

I would LOVE it if this scared teams away from him so he lasted until the 21st pick.

I don't think he turns into Rolando McClain


Back to top Go down
St. Louis Duffers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 807

PostSubject: Re: Reuben Foster LB SF   Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:57 pm

Charm City Justice wrote:
St. Louis Duffers wrote:
That attitude won't last long inside the locker room of an NFL team.

Depends on the locker room and the coach.  Plenty of NFL players act like asshats and continually catch on because of talent.  His problem is he hasn't proven his talent at the NFL level yet.  If a Tom Coughlin like coach is running the locker room, you are probably right.  But I bet other coaches and players will let him get away with stuff if he helps them win football games.

If he was a veteran then yes I would agree with you, but he is an unproven rookie and I just don't see any veterans cutting him any slack since he is an unproven player.


Back to top Go down
St. Louis Duffers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 807

PostSubject: Re: Reuben Foster LB SF   Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:59 pm

Whiskey Creek Gadabouts wrote:
I don't think he's going to be a problem at all.  I think he played for Saban and everything you read about him is that he was great in the Locker Room (not like that Justin ya weirdo).  

I would LOVE it if this scared teams away from him so he lasted until the 21st pick.  

I don't think he turns into Rolando McClain

He may slide a spot or 2 but no way does he slide to 21 unless a lot more comes out on draft day.


Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5401

PostSubject: Re: Reuben Foster LB SF   Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:31 pm

I've seen mocks with him falling all the way to 27. No way he gets past Detroit at 21... but who the heck knows. it's all a crap shoot.


Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3136

PostSubject: Re: Reuben Foster LB SF   Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:06 pm

I think he is a really good player. Doesn't everyone from Alabama think their shit doesn't stink?


Back to top Go down
St. Louis Duffers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 807

PostSubject: Re: Reuben Foster LB SF   Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:49 am

Naperville Divine wrote:
I think he is a really good player.  Doesn't everyone from Alabama think their shit doesn't stink?
Yep until it's time to play in the national championship game. lol3


Back to top Go down
St. Louis Duffers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 807

PostSubject: Re: Reuben Foster LB SF   Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:51 am

Whiskey Creek Gadabouts wrote:
I've seen mocks with him falling all the way to 27.   No way he gets past Detroit at 21... but who the heck knows.  it's all a crap shoot.
There is no way he makes it to Detroit.


Back to top Go down
Edinburgh Galacticos
 
 
avatar

Posts : 701

PostSubject: Re: Reuben Foster LB SF   Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:18 pm

I think he could be a draft day slider. Would love him at my Giants if he fell that far, but we had Tunsil slip to us last year and passed on him for no good reason - so if there are legitimate character worries we would definitely pass


Back to top Go down
England Dragons
 
 
avatar

Posts : 9013

PostSubject: Re: Reuben Foster LB SF   Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:43 pm

Alabama ILB Reuben Foster failed his Combine drug test.

Foster's sample was diluted, which counts as a failed test. He's now in the league's substance-abuse program. Foster claims he failed the test because he was extremely ill and taking in an exceptional amount of fluids. This adds to a nightmare Combine for Foster, who was sent home after getting into an altercation with a hospital worker. Foster is recovering from shoulder surgery. Foster is an elite talent, but could fall to Day 2 because of his growing off-the-field concerns.


Back to top Go down
St. Louis Duffers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 807

PostSubject: Re: Reuben Foster LB SF   Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:53 pm

England Dragons wrote:
Alabama ILB Reuben Foster failed his Combine drug test.

Foster's sample was diluted, which counts as a failed test. He's now in the league's substance-abuse program. Foster claims he failed the test because he was extremely ill and taking in an exceptional amount of fluids. This adds to a nightmare Combine for Foster, who was sent home after getting into an altercation with a hospital worker. Foster is recovering from shoulder surgery. Foster is an elite talent, but could fall to Day 2 because of his growing off-the-field concerns.

Ok now he may slide down the draft to the bottom of the 1st round or maybe even to the 2nd. Just a sign of things to come with him.
frustrated


Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5401

PostSubject: Re: Reuben Foster LB SF   Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:19 pm

I think he's going to be crazy good. hopefully, he follows the Warren Sapp model kicking ass after dropping in the draft.


Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2822

PostSubject: Re: Reuben Foster LB SF   Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:24 pm

Kinda sounds like someone else we all know and love:

Quote :
FOX Sports' Jay Glazer reports NFL teams were informed this week that Arizona State ILB Vontaze Burfict and Virginia Tech CB JayRon Hosley tested positive for marijuana at the Combine.
After starting the 2011 season as a consensus first-rounder, Burfict's past few months have seen a perfect storm of factors sending him toward undrafted free agent territory. Burfict is littered with red flags, from his on-field play to drugs, entitlement, questionable effort, and misplaced priorities.

Well...maybe Foster's not "so" bad.  lol 2


Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1340

PostSubject: Re: Reuben Foster LB SF   Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:50 pm

Someone will get a good value. Moderate risk high reward.


Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1666

PostSubject: Re: Reuben Foster LB SF   Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:59 am

Oaktown Malosos wrote:
Kinda sounds like someone else we all know and love:

Quote :
FOX Sports' Jay Glazer reports NFL teams were informed this week that Arizona State ILB Vontaze Burfict and Virginia Tech CB JayRon Hosley tested positive for marijuana at the Combine.
After starting the 2011 season as a consensus first-rounder, Burfict's past few months have seen a perfect storm of factors sending him toward undrafted free agent territory. Burfict is littered with red flags, from his on-field play to drugs, entitlement, questionable effort, and misplaced priorities.

Well...maybe Foster's not "so" bad.  lol 2

A dilute sample is not the same as testing positive (though it does count as a failed test for the NFL policy). The word is he was sick before the combine and was hydrating to try to be able to perform. Still think hes a stud and would be shocked if he doesn't go on Thursday night.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/20/reuben-foster-discloses-positive-drug-test-at-scouting-combine/


Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2822

PostSubject: Re: Reuben Foster LB SF   Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:25 am

North Wales Knights wrote:
Oaktown Malosos wrote:
Kinda sounds like someone else we all know and love:

Quote :
FOX Sports' Jay Glazer reports NFL teams were informed this week that Arizona State ILB Vontaze Burfict and Virginia Tech CB JayRon Hosley tested positive for marijuana at the Combine.
After starting the 2011 season as a consensus first-rounder, Burfict's past few months have seen a perfect storm of factors sending him toward undrafted free agent territory. Burfict is littered with red flags, from his on-field play to drugs, entitlement, questionable effort, and misplaced priorities.

Well...maybe Foster's not "so" bad.  lol 2

A dilute sample is not the same as testing positive (though it does count as a failed test for the NFL policy).  The word is he was sick before the combine and was hydrating to try to be able to perform.  Still think hes a stud and would be shocked if he doesn't go on Thursday night.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/20/reuben-foster-discloses-positive-drug-test-at-scouting-combine/


Nothing to do with talent; but you can't coach "stupid"; and at this point, with the draft so close, that was stupid.  This dude is on the verge of becoming a very well paid pro; and doesn't have the sense to at least consult with his athletic trainer; maybe get an IV administered; check with his agent about "anything" that may jeopardize his draft potential...stupid.


Back to top Go down
St. Louis Duffers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 807

PostSubject: Re: Reuben Foster LB SF   Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:26 pm

Oaktown Malosos wrote:
North Wales Knights wrote:
Oaktown Malosos wrote:
Kinda sounds like someone else we all know and love:

Quote :
FOX Sports' Jay Glazer reports NFL teams were informed this week that Arizona State ILB Vontaze Burfict and Virginia Tech CB JayRon Hosley tested positive for marijuana at the Combine.
After starting the 2011 season as a consensus first-rounder, Burfict's past few months have seen a perfect storm of factors sending him toward undrafted free agent territory. Burfict is littered with red flags, from his on-field play to drugs, entitlement, questionable effort, and misplaced priorities.

Well...maybe Foster's not "so" bad.  lol 2

A dilute sample is not the same as testing positive (though it does count as a failed test for the NFL policy).  The word is he was sick before the combine and was hydrating to try to be able to perform.  Still think hes a stud and would be shocked if he doesn't go on Thursday night.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/20/reuben-foster-discloses-positive-drug-test-at-scouting-combine/


Nothing to do with talent; but you can't coach "stupid"; and at this point, with the draft so close, that was stupid.  This dude is on the verge of becoming a very well paid pro; and doesn't have the sense to at least consult with his athletic trainer; maybe get an IV administered; check with his agent about "anything" that may jeopardize his draft potential...stupid.

Well in his defense, he did go to Alabama and they aren't known for their common sense.


Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2822

PostSubject: Re: Reuben Foster LB SF   Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:32 pm

St. Louis Duffers wrote:


Well in his defense, he did go to Alabama and they aren't known for their common sense.

ROFL


Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1340

PostSubject: Re: Reuben Foster LB SF   Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:16 pm

Oaktown Malosos wrote:
St. Louis Duffers wrote:


Well in his defense, he did go to Alabama and they aren't known for their common sense.

ROFL

rofl cheers vote yes clap


Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders
 
 
avatar

Posts : 20443

PostSubject: Re: Reuben Foster LB SF   Tue May 02, 2017 11:33 am

You don't even need a ton of common sense. Just don't be Josh Gordon or Randy Gregory and you'll be fine.


Back to top Go down
Edinburgh Galacticos
 
 
avatar

Posts : 701

PostSubject: Re: Reuben Foster LB SF   Tue May 02, 2017 2:43 pm

Saw rumours on twitter he needs surgery. Anyone heard anything on this?Not seen anything substantial on it yet...


Back to top Go down
Denver Demons
 
 
avatar

Posts : 708

PostSubject: Re: Reuben Foster LB SF   Tue May 02, 2017 3:03 pm

Edinburgh Galacticos wrote:
Saw rumours on twitter he needs surgery. Anyone heard anything on this?Not seen anything substantial on it yet...

5:40 mark of this clip https://twitter.com/RingerPodcasts/status/859145592328646657


Back to top Go down
Online
England Dragons
 
 
avatar

Posts : 9013

PostSubject: Re: Reuben Foster LB SF   Wed May 03, 2017 3:04 pm

Yahoo! Sports' Charles Robinson reports 49ers first-round ILB Reuben Foster was "medically rejected" by some teams due to concerns with his shoulder.

It falls in line with what The Ringer's Mike Lombardi and USA Today's Tom Pelissero have reported in the days since the draft. ESPN's Adam Schefter added to it Wednesday, saying some believe Foster's surgically-repaired shoulder may give out at any moment, while others don't even believe the first surgery fixed the issue. Foster reportedly has problems with his labrum and rotator cuff, possibly in both shoulders. The 49ers felt comfortable enough to trade up for him.


Back to top Go down
Denver Demons
 
 
avatar

Posts : 708

PostSubject: Re: Reuben Foster LB SF   Wed May 03, 2017 3:14 pm

England Dragons wrote:
Yahoo! Sports' Charles Robinson reports 49ers first-round ILB Reuben Foster was "medically rejected" by some teams due to concerns with his shoulder.

It falls in line with what The Ringer's Mike Lombardi and USA Today's Tom Pelissero have reported in the days since the draft. ESPN's Adam Schefter added to it Wednesday, saying some believe Foster's surgically-repaired shoulder may give out at any moment, while others don't even believe the first surgery fixed the issue. Foster reportedly has problems with his labrum and rotator cuff, possibly in both shoulders. The 49ers felt comfortable enough to trade up for him.

Either the 9ers are gonna be laughing at everyone else or everyone else is gonna be laughing at the 9ers.

As a dynasty owner with needs at LB: "Shitttt"


Back to top Go down
Online
Latvia Unicorns
 
 
avatar

Posts : 520

PostSubject: Re: Reuben Foster LB SF   Wed May 03, 2017 4:23 pm

It's amazing how many Alabama players come out of college with injuries.


Back to top Go down
St. Louis Duffers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 807

PostSubject: Re: Reuben Foster LB SF   Wed May 03, 2017 6:33 pm

Denver Demons wrote:
England Dragons wrote:
Yahoo! Sports' Charles Robinson reports 49ers first-round ILB Reuben Foster was "medically rejected" by some teams due to concerns with his shoulder.

It falls in line with what The Ringer's Mike Lombardi and USA Today's Tom Pelissero have reported in the days since the draft. ESPN's Adam Schefter added to it Wednesday, saying some believe Foster's surgically-repaired shoulder may give out at any moment, while others don't even believe the first surgery fixed the issue. Foster reportedly has problems with his labrum and rotator cuff, possibly in both shoulders. The 49ers felt comfortable enough to trade up for him.

Either the 9ers are gonna be laughing at everyone else or everyone else is gonna be laughing at the 9ers.

As a dynasty owner with needs at LB: "Shitttt"

So basically it's business as usual for the 49ers.


Back to top Go down
St. Louis Duffers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 807

PostSubject: Re: Reuben Foster LB SF   Wed May 03, 2017 6:35 pm

Latvian Unicorns wrote:
It's amazing how many Alabama players come out of college with injuries.

Very true. Saban runs them into the ground and puts a lot more wear and tear on his players than other coaches appear to.


Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3863

PostSubject: Re: Reuben Foster LB SF   Thu May 04, 2017 7:38 pm

I find this info useful in explaining why Foster fell to the late 1st. Also, find it very concerning about blowing a pick on a guy with possible bum shoulders. Pretty tough to tackle a guy when your arms are not right. This has the making of a feast or famine pick. Guess time will on this one.


Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1566

PostSubject: Re: Reuben Foster LB SF   Thu May 04, 2017 7:48 pm

Denver Demons wrote:
Either the 9ers are gonna be laughing at everyone else or everyone else is gonna be laughing at the 9ers.

Definitely hoping for the latter..

Side story, I was at the draft day 1 in the seats with a buddy who is a NOLA fan. He had been talking up Foster the whole draft, hoping the Aints would get him and as it got closer to the end of round 1 it was looking like it very really could be a possibility..

At pick 31 when SF traded back in to nab him I had a lot of fun with him and our pick of Foster.. Then seeing the story of how he was on the phone with the Aints and hung up on them when the 9ers called and said they traded up ahead of them to pick him was even more priceless.

If you haven't seen that interview, check it out, I got a hell of a laugh.



Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 4464

PostSubject: Re: Reuben Foster LB SF   Fri May 05, 2017 12:04 am

I hope you meant hoping for the former. Given the Saints were going to pick him, this was the cheapest gamble the Niners could make.


Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1566

PostSubject: Re: Reuben Foster LB SF   Fri May 05, 2017 6:29 pm

San Francisco Golddiggers wrote:
I hope you meant hoping for the former. Given the Saints were going to pick him, this was the cheapest gamble the Niners could make.

yeap, thought the wording was backwards... hoping the 9ers are laughing at everyone else :)


Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3612

PostSubject: Re: Reuben Foster LB SF   Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:58 pm

Well, that didn't take long.  Carted off the field with a leg or knee injury.


Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders
 
 
avatar

Posts : 20443

PostSubject: Re: Reuben Foster LB SF   Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:04 pm

SF linebackers are cursed


Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1340

PostSubject: Re: Reuben Foster LB SF   Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:40 pm

Always hate seeing young kids get hurt. Tough break.


Back to top Go down
England Dragons
 
 
avatar

Posts : 9013

PostSubject: Re: Reuben Foster LB SF   Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:05 pm

That he was on the sideline pretty quickly is hopefully a good sign.



Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 11369

PostSubject: Re: Reuben Foster LB SF   Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:34 pm

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports 49ers ILB Reuben Foster has a high-ankle sprain.
Quote :
Foster got his right foot caught underneath him while trying to fight through a block in Week 1. Foster said he plans to be back on the field for this Sunday's game against the Seahawks, but that will not happen if he is dealing with a high-ankle sprain.



Back to top Go down
California Nightmare
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2721

PostSubject: Re: Reuben Foster LB SF   Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:08 am



Quote :
Possession of pot for personal use is only a Class A misdemeanor (the highest misdemeanor in Alabama). This is possession in the second degree. A Class A misdemeanor can be sentenced to not more than a year in jail and up to a $6,000 fine.


Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad
 
 
avatar

Posts : 8270

PostSubject: Re: Reuben Foster LB SF   Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:30 am

did his parents not want him when he was born.... his middle name is f'n "Burdon"


Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3136

PostSubject: Re: Reuben Foster LB SF   Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:36 am

Complete jackass. This sucks. I was counting on him to be a solid 200 pt guys for years for me. I am just as stupid as he is.


Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 11369

PostSubject: Re: Reuben Foster LB SF   Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:37 am

Nards. Trade away Mack because I feel Foster is set for full time role, and he turns full idiot again.


Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Reuben Foster LB SF   

Back to top Go down
 
Reuben Foster LB SF
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: