Password:
:: I forgot my password

Share | 

The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18
AuthorMessage
Southside Spartans

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:38 pm

I wouldn't trade him. I have a few shares of him and not moving him unless there's a lot offered. And yes I believe his ankle will likely always be an issue. When you break it down few RB's make it through a season without issues and his talent and use are really good.

LF played in 13 regular season and 3 playoff games last season

Study I did some time back showed the average number of regular season games the top 35 fantasy RB's played over a 3 year span was 13.4 games with the top 10 being higher at 13.8 (as expected that higher points played more games). I haven't updated the study but guessing results are still relevant. Point being with RB there's just no telling if your guy will be the guy that gets hurt or not so stick with the talent and let injuries work themselves out (unless you're trading me then just give me the talented injury risk guys).

Back to top Go down
Latvia Unicorns

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:49 pm

I'd trade him if you can get a good package, particularly if you have Gurley already. I don't see him as an elite back and you should cash in on the positive narrative of Fournette and the Jags in general. People will think he will improve as a second year player, but I think he may just be a rich man's Trent Richardson.

Back to top Go down
Haddonfield Slashers

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:03 pm

Latvia Unicorns wrote:
I'd trade him if you can get a good package, particularly if you have Gurley already. I don't see him as an elite back and you should cash in on the positive narrative of Fournette and the Jags in general. People will think he will improve as a second year player, but I think he may just be a  rich man's Trent Richardson.

surprised surprised surprised  as he sends a low ball offer for Leo

Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:30 am

I so wish I was in RR so I could play with Ross. I think we'd have some good trades together tongue

Back to top Go down
Latvia Unicorns

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:34 am

Polk High Panthers wrote:
I so wish I was in RR so I could play with Ross. I think we'd have some good trades together tongue

How long do you think he will be an RB1 (top 12 at his position)?

Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:44 am

I'm just giving you a hard time Ross. Some of your takes are way different then mine so I think working deals with you would be fun and beneficial to both our liking's.

As far as 4nette I think he can be a fringe RB1 for at least the next few years. I dont see why someone would expect different minus if he has an injury that takes him out for a period of time. Which no one can predict and can happen to any player.

Defense is legit, that offensive line is middle of the road and should improve in this draft and you cant get much worse then Blake freaking Bortles. That can only go up.

Back to top Go down
Latvia Unicorns

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:55 am

Polk High Panthers wrote:
I'm just giving you a hard time Ross. Some of your takes are way different then mine so I think working deals with you would be fun and beneficial to both our liking's.

As far as 4nette I think he can be a fringe RB1 for at least the next few years. I dont see why someone would expect different minus if he has an injury that takes him out for a period of time. Which no one can predict and can happen to any player.

Defense is legit, that offensive line is middle of the road and should improve in this draft and you cant get much worse then Blake freaking Bortles. That can only go up.

Fair enough. I don't see him as a good enough player to maintain that production. Perhaps I'm sticking to my pre-draft opinions a bit much. I also hate the fact that he isn't a receiver out the backfield and may be taken off the field in key situations.

Back to top Go down
Coachella Tremors

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:20 am

[/quote]

Fair enough. I don't see him as a good enough player to maintain that production. Perhaps I'm sticking to my pre-draft opinions a bit much. I also hate the fact that he isn't a receiver out the backfield and may be taken off the field in key situations. [/quote]

I am in the middle on Fournette, but agree with Ross on his usage being limited. It was evident that the Jags started to really leverage Yeldon on passing downs once he got back on the field.

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:52 pm

This was a tough one. Pure dynasty league. Scoring is the same as RW. I traded Sammy Watkins and received Telvin Smith.

My WRs were OBJ, Evans, JuJu, Corey Davis, Mike Williams, and Stills.
My only LBs were Preston Brown, Vince Williams and two complete nobodys.

Smith fills a huge void, who will give me guaranteed 200 pt LB year if he is healthy. I do feel bad for dumping Sammy without knowing where he will play next year.

LBs aren't glamorous, but their points still count the same. Do you think I made the right trade?

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:00 pm

I think you did! Sammy has way too many question marks in my opinion!

Back to top Go down
Coachella Tremors

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:11 pm

I am with Ben...you got equal to or better value and filled a need without hurting your remaining impressive (and young) WR corps.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:07 pm

You did great Craig. Watkins is a bum.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:16 pm

good trade

Back to top Go down
Riverside Rottweilers

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:22 pm

I agree. Telvin is going to be solid for a few years to come. Sammy might return to top 20 WR form, but even at that point how much value did you really lose. Nice trade in your favor.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:53 pm

Great move. Watkins is worthless right now.

Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:46 am

Naperville Divine wrote:
This was a tough one.  Pure dynasty league.  Scoring is the same as RW.  I traded Sammy Watkins and received Telvin Smith.

My WRs were OBJ, Evans, JuJu, Corey Davis, Mike Williams, and Stills.
My only LBs were Preston Brown, Vince Williams and two complete nobodys.

Smith fills a huge void, who will give me guaranteed 200 pt LB year if he is healthy.  I do feel bad for dumping Sammy without knowing where he will play next year.

LBs aren't glamorous, but their points still count the same.  Do you think I made the right trade?

While in your in the mood for dumping Sammy why dont you answer that call over in FFPL. I know your hurting for RBs, let make a swap homie

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   

Back to top Go down

The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread
Page 18 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Free For All-
Jump to: