3 Naperville Divine.. 8-4-0.. 3827.30
4 North Wales Knights.. 8-4-0.. 3774.06
5 Morrison Minions.. 7-5-0.. 3941.44
6 Norfolk Bombers.. 6-6-0.. 3744.70

Prediction:
Gadabouts call out Muskies
Divine call out Bombers
poking stir the pot

I'll probably have my usual one and done in the playoffs again this year. I feel like I've already met my goals for the season. 7-5 kinda hurt me a bit after having the most points in TT as well as the best all-play record, but I think that was overachieving by a large stretch. What I wanted most was to win my division and earn another patch, mission accomplished  first  All 3 teams this week are quality teams and I'll be without one of the league's best RB's due to bye. It's been a good season and I can't wait to build on it for next year.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:02 am

And the week 13 bye starts to come into play here.  Three of the 4 TT teams playing this week are taking a fairly substantial hit with byes.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:03 am

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
And the week 13 bye starts to come into play here.  Three of the 4 TT teams playing this week are taking a fairly substantial hit with byes.

On the DD side, Nick really needed the bye for just that reason. And I sure am glad I lost two games by a total of 0.34 points... ARGH. I would have liked a bye. Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:13 am

Whiskey Creek Gadabouts wrote:
Bergen Brawlers wrote:

On the DD side, Nick really needed the bye for just that reason.  And I sure am glad I lost two games by a total of 0.34 points... ARGH.  I would have liked a bye.  Crying or Very sad

Yeah man. That was on my mind the entire year. Mariota, Murray and Delanie have been huge for me. I was planning on making a trade just for the playoffs if I didn't beat the dragons in week 11.

Thanks for kicking if off Shawn, can't wait for callouts and I would say you have it pretty good.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:14 am

Aren't the Chapter champs given the top 3 seeds? I heard that Muskies team won Chapter 3... so metal

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:20 am

Muskego Muskies wrote:
Aren't the Chapter champs given the top 3 seeds? I heard that Muskies team won Chapter 3... so metal

Nope.

Bylaws wrote:

J.2 Qualifying for Post Season
Six (6) out of the twelve (12) teams in each conference will make the playoffs.

A) Within each conference, three (3) division winners clinch a playoff berth.

B) Within each conference, the next two best teams based on standings (wins/points) will get a playoff berth.

C) Within each conference, the team with the best all-play record of the remaining teams will receive a playoff berth. A teams all-play record is their Win/Loss record had they played every team in the league every week.

D) Once these 6 teams have been decided, at that point seeding will be determined based on their regular season standings. (what this means is that unlike most leagues, the two teams receiving a first round bye could hail from the same division but we feel it is a more accurate way of determining who deserves that first round bye. Winning your division gets you into the playoffs, it doesn't necessarily mean you deserve a bye)

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:21 am

Never Mind my bad... I should know better than to question the great and powerful Oz worship2

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:28 am

Good job guys! Bummed I missed out. That's life though!

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:30 am

So pay no attention to "The Race"... it's for entertainment purposes only.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:32 am

Oh yeah it's playoff time baby!

I really needed thr bye week this week, because of Gronk injured and Blake Martinez being injured. Also not having Rishard Matthews this week doesn't help.....

I too agree Brad is going to call out the lowest scoring team in the playoffs. But sometimes that doesn't matter, because in the playoffs the best team could still lose to a lesser team. That's why the playoffs, to me, are very stressful hairout

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:36 am

Muskego Muskies wrote:
So pay no attention to "The Race"...  it's for entertainment purposes only.

That's not true. You need that to determine who actually gets in. There's just no way to make it put teams in the appropriate seed.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:57 am

Ok bring it. My team is playing well enough not to get blown out to badly and maybe even sneak a victory

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:10 am

Muskego Muskies wrote:
Ok bring it. My team is playing well enough not to get blown out to badly and maybe even sneak a victory

Are you telling Brad, "It's on like Donkey Kong"??

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:41 am

Congrats to those who made the big dance. Make some offers for my one year guys!

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:42 am

Good luck all.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:57 am

For the losers playoffs brackets what teams doing the call outs? Carla? What about TT?

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:00 pm

So glad I backed into the playoffs!!!!

cheers

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:49 pm

Isn't it time for Eric to start the countdown to draft day?

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:56 pm

California Nightmare wrote:

The math could get fuzzy. Someone send him a calculator.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:10 pm

California Nightmare wrote:

vote yes

I'LL LOOK INTO THAT

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:00 pm

Can the 1 seed call out the 2 seed next week?  cheers

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:03 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

Absolutely! I'm pretty sure that's what Shawn did to Jon a few years back when he was in the DD. It worked out swimmingly Neutral

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:08 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

Absolutely!  I'm pretty sure that's what Shawn did to Jon a few years back when he was in the DD.  It worked out swimmingly Neutral

Can't wait.  Neutral

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:13 pm

Shawn has tried this twice (bring the #1 seed and calling out the #2) and both times he was defeated.
Shawn did it in '12 as the Eagles in the DD and in '15 as the Minions in the TT.
The Dragons and Pigskins rained on his parade.

Jon tried it once in '13 and won.
Jon did it to Sty's Chaetomorpha.

coffee

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:16 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

Ask Russ how that works out.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:22 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:

Absolutely!  I'm pretty sure that's what Shawn did to Jon a few years back when he was in the DD.  It worked out swimmingly Neutral

Can't wait.  Neutral

Oh great! Does this mean I have to play the scariest team on the DD side? If it does, I need a length of rope please

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:24 pm

Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:

Can't wait.  Neutral

Oh great!  Does this mean I have to play the scariest team on the DD side?  If it does, I need a length of rope please

I was just asking the question. Don't worry, I am deathly afraid of tiny rosters.  laughing

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:26 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:

Can't wait.  Neutral

Oh great!  Does this mean I have to play the scariest team on the DD side?  If it does, I need a length of rope please

I was just asking the question. Don't worry, I am deathly afraid of tiny rosters.  laughing

open mouth laughing

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:59 pm

Naperville Divine calls out Norfolk Bombers. It hurts that I don't have Mariotta this week, so I might as well take out Mariotta's favorite WR and favorite TE. That puts us on an even playing field for the bye week.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:08 pm

Naperville Divine wrote:
Naperville Divine calls out Norfolk Bombers.  It hurts that I don't have Mariotta this week, so I might as well take out Mariotta's favorite WR and favorite TE.  That puts us on an even playing field for the bye week.

That was quick.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:10 pm

Did this just become the call out thread? Is Naperville even in the playoffs? Do organic fruits still need to be washed thoroughly?

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:09 pm

Naperville Divine wrote:
Naperville Divine calls out Norfolk Bombers.  It hurts that I don't have Mariotta this week, so I might as well take out Mariotta's favorite WR and favorite TE.  That puts us on an even playing field for the bye week.

surprised

Not really. I think we all saw this coming.

Lets Play!!!!!

cheers

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:07 am

I may not have made the playoffs, but I finished the regular season with a better record than the mighty Dragons! I guess that'll have to do for 2016 in RW... good thing I have several other playoff teams to care about the rest of the way...

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:17 am

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
I may not have made the playoffs,  but I finished the regular season with a better record than the mighty Dragons!   I guess that'll have to do for 2016 in RW...    good thing I have several other playoff teams to care about the rest of the way...

You're the only team in RW that has a better all-play record than a playoff team in your conference.

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:11 am

Morrison Minions wrote:
I may not have made the playoffs,  but I finished the regular season with a better record than the mighty Dragons!   I guess that'll have to do for 2016 in RW...    good thing I have several other playoff teams to care about the rest of the way...

You're the only team in RW that has a better all-play record than a playoff team in your conference.

Ain't that some shit... mock

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:31 am

Morrison Minions wrote:

That's how the cookie crumbles sometimes, I believe I was 7-5 last year with an all play record right around .500 and I ended up in the playoffs with the 4th or 5th seed.... this year I finish 8-4 with a better all play record and don't even make the cut... More teams with more wins thanks to the bad teams like the Degenerates being really bad, made the competition to get in a bit tougher this season...

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:37 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:

That's how the cookie crumbles sometimes,   I believe I was 7-5 last year with an all play record right around .500 and I ended up in the playoffs with the 4th or 5th seed....    this year I finish 8-4 with a better all play record and don't even make the cut...    More teams with more wins thanks to the bad teams like the Degenerates being really bad,  made the competition to get in a bit tougher this season...

Also, those bad teams traded good players to already solid teams, which made it tough as well.  So now you have teams loaded for the year, and it's hard to overcome that if you weren't a team that made a big splash in a trade this season.  

When I saw that was going down, I had to move things to get some good players........And with that I thank the teams that traded with me, and helping me make the playoffs agreed grin

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:43 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:

That's how the cookie crumbles sometimes,   I believe I was 7-5 last year with an all play record right around .500 and I ended up in the playoffs with the 4th or 5th seed....    this year I finish 8-4 with a better all play record and don't even make the cut...    More teams with more wins thanks to the bad teams like the Degenerates being really bad,  made the competition to get in a bit tougher this season...

Also, those bad teams traded good players to already solid teams, which made it tough as well.  So now you have teams loaded for the year, and it's hard to overcome that if you weren't a team that made a big splash in a trade this season.  

When I saw that was going down, I had to move things to get some good players........And with that I thank the teams that traded with me, and helping me make the playoffs agreed grin

Some of those bad teams are salivating at all your 1 year studs Derrick, You are like a candy store to a fat little kid! I cant wait till some of us bad teams see who you will leave unprotected :D Enjoy your season while you can cause the RedAfricanDegenerateCarlas are coming after you!

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:50 pm

That sounds like a threat. laughing

Guess I Didn't realize how many decent players Derrick had on 1 year deals.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:52 pm

Tarpon Springs RedKnights wrote:
Morrison Minions wrote:

Some of those bad teams are salivating at all your 1 year studs Derrick, You are like a candy store to a fat little kid! I cant wait till some of us bad teams see who you will leave unprotected :D  Enjoy your season while you can cause the RedAfricanDegenerateCarlas are coming after you!

I can tell you right now it won't be any QBs, or JPP. Unless you guys are willing to pay wink

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:52 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

Ya IKR! Great planning on his part! ROFL

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:55 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

I use all my tags every year, so if you want some of these guys, it will cost you a ton of WBs plus 1st and 2nd round picks mischevious

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:57 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

He'll probably have a small roster next season mock

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:16 pm

I'm feeling good heading into the playoffs but one has to expect to be feeling good when they arrive riding their own personal dragon, regardless of where you're going.

Rumor has it I'll be asked to park it before entering Week 14. Anyone know of a good hole in the ground I can dump a dragon corpse?

Evil laugh

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:50 pm

Aren't the Eternals already a corpse?

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:33 pm

Fantasy football definitely requires some lucky breaks... I was looking back through my schedule last night, and I was reminded of the game versus the Muskies in week 3 where I had an apparent victory turned into a loss after stat corrections. Talk about a razor fine line... I was one stat corrected loss away from not only the playoffs, but from the division title and a first round bye... shrug

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:39 pm

Fantasy football definitely requires some lucky breaks...    I was looking back through my schedule last night,   and I was reminded of the game versus the Muskies  in week 3 where I had an apparent victory turned into a loss after stat corrections.     Talk about a  razor fine line...   I was one stat corrected loss away from not only the playoffs,  but from the division title and a first round bye...     shrug

Man that is one tough pill to swallow. But wouldn't Derrick have gotten the Division and bye anyway?

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:04 pm

Fantasy football definitely requires some lucky breaks... I was looking back through my schedule last night, and I was reminded of the game versus the Muskies in week 3 where I had an apparent victory turned into a loss after stat corrections. Talk about a razor fine line... I was one stat corrected loss away from not only the playoffs, but from the division title and a first round bye... shrug

Same here... Mine happened just last week. That's the nature of this fickle, fickle beast we love so much

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:20 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Fantasy football definitely requires some lucky breaks...    I was looking back through my schedule last night,   and I was reminded of the game versus the Muskies  in week 3 where I had an apparent victory turned into a loss after stat corrections.     Talk about a  razor fine line...   I was one stat corrected loss away from not only the playoffs,  but from the division title and a first round bye...     shrug

Man that is one tough pill to swallow. But wouldn't Derrick have gotten the Division and bye anyway?

Hmmm, not 100% certain, but I would have had a 9-3 record, same as you and Derrick, but I finished 5-1 in the division including beating Derrick both times I played him... wouldn't that have been the division tiebreaker? If not, what is the point of even having divisions or playing those guys twice a year?

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:23 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

Hmmm,   not 100% certain,  but I would have had a 9-3 record,  same as you and Derrick,   but I finished 5-1 in the division including beating Derrick both times I played him...  wouldn't that have been the division tiebreaker?   If not,  what is the point of even having divisions or playing those guys twice a year?

Oh I just assumed it would be points.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   

Back to top Go down

Playoffs 2016
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Main RW Lobby-
Jump to: