Share | 

Rueben Randle WR FA

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Rueben Randle WR FA   Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:02 am

Quote :
The way Giants director of college scouting Marc Ross was talking about Rueben Randle's physicality and body positioning minutes after the team drafted the LSU wide receiver in the second round, it sounded exactly like what the Giants were saying about Hakeem Nicks when they drafted him in 2009.

Sure enough, later on Friday night, Jerry Reese made the connection between the two.

“He plays big, he can post guys up. People mentioned Hakeem Nicks when we talked about him in our room,” the Giants’ general manager said. “He’s not blazing fast and I don’t think Hakeem is blazing fast either, but he’s game fast. And he’s bigger than Hakeem. Very good hands, ball skills. Talented, talented football player.”

Randle didn’t test extremely well (4.55-second 40-yard dash) and neither did Nicks. But like Nicks, the Giants see Randle as a good route runner who plays fast on game days.

“We think he’s NFL-ready,” Reese said, echoing a phrase Ross used. “He runs the entire route tree. This day and age in college football, it’s all about the spread offense and guys don’t run the full tree. This kid runs the full route tree and he looks like a big pro wide receiver out there the way he moves around and we think he’s going to be a quick fit into the offense.”

Coach Tom Coughlin said Randle got a good endorsement from LSU assistant coach Thomas McGaughey, a former assistant on Coughlin’s staff. Coughlin also said Reese has a trusted source on LSU’s staff.

Reese said the team discussed drafting Randle in the first round on Thursday night.

“Really a little bit surprised about him still being there because we thought he could’ve gone early in the second (round),” Reese said. “But he was still there and we were fortunate to get a guy of his caliber.”

So you can believe statements like that from the Giants – or any team, for that matter – or you can look at them with a skeptical eye. (Heck, I believe them here. I mean, I didn't mention Randle as a target in my entry about taking a receiver in the second round because I didn't think there was any shot he'd be there.)

But for the sake of conversation and exploration here, let’s assume they’re telling the truth when they say they really were talking about a guy a round earlier, he was the highest-rated player left by far and they were shocked he was still available.

So why not trade up to grab him? Why wait for him to fall to them?

“We take a lot of pride in getting the proper grade on a player, a lot of pride in ranking the player properly and stacking the board and believing there’s going to be a good player for us to pick by virtue of showing patience and not doing a lot of maneuvering,” Coughlin said. “As an organization, when we go into a draft, we look at the number of picks we have and we certainly expect to come out of the draft with that many or, if we’re fortunate, more. We don’t do a lot of trading, we don’t do a lot of maneuvering.

“We do have a number of calls that come into the room offering to maneuver, a lot of which are, ‘Are you interested in…’ And to move substantially, particularly if you’re going to move up substantially, it’s going to cost you some picks.”

Reese said pretty much the same thing.

“We like using all of our picks,” he said. “We’ve moved up to get guys before and it hasn’t worked out great for us before so we’re a little bit leery of moving up to take guys. We’ve done that in the past and I don’t think our success has been very good doing that.”

Off the top of my head, the two guys the Giants moved up to grab most recently were wide receivers Sinorice Moss and Ramses Barden.

I really love this pick.  Seems like such a great value on a player for the very end of the 2nd round.

Last edited by Mohawk Ridge Marauders on Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:09 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Rueben Randle WR FA   Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:06 am

me too. Great for the football team... bad for fantasy teams.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Rueben Randle WR FA   Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:06 am

Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:

My boy Eli made 2 1000+ yard receivers last year! He could support three cheers

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Rueben Randle WR FA   Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:46 am

Jersey Legionnaires wrote:
Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:

We'll see, not buying into that. Randle is a great pick here for them, but let's temper our expectations. They also have Bradshaw and Wilson now. I don't buy that he is just the next Jacobs. I think he is much better than that. That ball is going to be passed around.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Rueben Randle WR FA   Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:02 am

Decatur Demons wrote:
Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:

We'll see, not buying into that. Randle is a great pick here for them, but let's temper our expectations. They also have Bradshaw and Wilson now. I don't buy that he is just the next Jacobs. I think he is much better than that. That ball is going to be passed around.

Trust me I don't think there will be 3 1000 yard receivers in New York but I'm just saying not to write him off especially in PPR.

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Rueben Randle WR FA   Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:14 am

Not sold on Randles hands. I think there is a reason 31 teams basically passed twice on this guy twice. I'd say 40 catches to a max of 55 catches on any given year for 600 odd yards and a few scores (4 to 5 TD) each year is what he will be.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Destroyers

PostSubject: Re: Rueben Randle WR FA   Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:43 pm

I was screaming at the TV for the Vikes to trade up with the Patriots.... Mad

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Rueben Randle WR FA   Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:31 pm

Great NFL pick, hard to know who will get the ball given all the weapons for fantasy

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Rueben Randle WR FA   Thu May 23, 2013 1:01 pm

Quote :
New York Giants WR Rueben Randle is listed as the No. 3 receiver on the depth chart over WR Louis Murphy. Analysis: Translation: With starting wideouts Victor Cruz and Hakeem Nicks absent from OTAs, that means Randle, in his second year out of LSU, is suddenly the Giants' No. 1 WR and is getting plenty of first-team reps along with Murphy and fellow wideout Jerrel Jernigan.

Some idiot traded him away for Gresham Laughing

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Rueben Randle WR FA   Thu May 23, 2013 1:27 pm

Thought I just read that Ramses Barden was going to resign too. I thought he looked good in limited action.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Rueben Randle WR FA   Thu May 23, 2013 1:29 pm

Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:
Thought I just read that Ramses Barden was going to resign too. I thought he looked good in limited action.

Take it from a homer, he's not good.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Rueben Randle WR FA   Thu May 23, 2013 4:54 pm

Quote :
New York Giants WR Rueben Randle is listed as the No. 3 receiver on the depth chart over WR Louis Murphy. Analysis: Translation: With starting wideouts Victor Cruz and Hakeem Nicks absent from OTAs, that means Randle, in his second year out of LSU, is suddenly the Giants' No. 1 WR and is getting plenty of first-team reps along with Murphy and fellow wideout Jerrel Jernigan.

Some idiot traded him away for Gresham Laughing

We need a big hugs and kisses Gay sorta smilie

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Rueben Randle WR FA   Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:07 pm

Quote :
Offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride expects Randle to see a lot of playing time at outside receiver, ESPN New York reports. "Oh, he's gonna play. He's gonna play a lot," Gilbride said. "He'll play first, second down, he'll be an outside receiver for us -- whether he's at the X or the Z, he's gonna play. He's looking like he deserves to be out there for significant time."
Analysis: Randle has the inside track on the No. 3 receiver spot, but unlike most No. 3 receivers he probably won't see much playing time in the slot. Victor Cruz is one of the NFL's best at working out of the slot, while Randle has the right combination of size, speed, and strength to thrive on the outside. Randle will almost certainly have an increased role this season after catching just 19 passes for 298 yards and three touchdowns during his rookie year. Once you take Hakeem Nicks' injury history into consideration, it becomes clear that Randle has significant upside.

I like it!

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Rueben Randle WR FA   Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:43 pm

I was thinking that too - just hope their not just saying this because cruz isn't there

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Rueben Randle WR FA   Tue May 13, 2014 12:53 pm

Quote :
Following the Giants' selection of Odell Beckham, the Star-Ledger suggests that Randle and Jerrel Jernigan will end up battling for the team's No. 3 wideout spot.
Analysis: The report notes that working in Randle's favor on that front are his size (6-2, 208) and ability to play outside wideout, but the Giants presumably have big plans for Beckham after using the No. 12 overall pick in the recent NFL Draft to select him. In any case, the Giants' 2014 wideout corps will have a different look this season, following the free agent departure of Hakeem Nicks.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Rueben Randle WR FA   Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:43 pm

Quote :
New York Giants WR Rueben Randle said Sunday, Nov. 30, that he was benched in Week 13 against the Jacksonville Jaguars because he was late to a team meeting Friday, Nov. 28.

Playing for those draft picks.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Rueben Randle WR FA   Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:46 pm

or maybe he just sucks

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Rueben Randle WR FA   Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:49 pm

Kane County Goon Squad wrote:
or maybe he just sucks

Ummm this......

good post

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: Rueben Randle WR FA   Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:03 pm

Decatur Demons wrote:
Kane County Goon Squad wrote:
or maybe he just sucks

Ummm this......

good post
no!

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Rueben Randle WR FA   Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:30 am

Confirms it... he just sucks

(Rotoworld)NJ.com's Jordan Raanan notes that Rueben Randle wasn't the first one to be late for a meeting this year, but was the first one to be benched for it.
Analysis: It's interesting because it suggests there's more going on with Randle behind the scenes. Remember that this is a player who frustrated coaches by his inability to grasp the Kevin Gilbride scheme last year and is so often the target of Eli Manning's interceptions. It's possible Randle has made a habit of being late to meetings, or perhaps Tom Coughlin wanted to send a message to his 23-year-old receiver. Regardless, expect Randle to be back in the starting lineup for Sunday's Week 14 game at Tennessee.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Rueben Randle WR FA   Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:23 am

Eli Manning believes Rueben Randle will have a breakout season as a fourth-year pro.
"I think Rueben’ll have a big year," Manning said. "I think Rueben can be a great receiver, a dominant receiver." Randle quietly set career highs in catches (71) and yards (938) last season, but frustrated fantasy owners by only scoring three TDs. "You’ve definitely seen him from Day 1 to Day Now, just the maturity level is definitely improved," added Eli. "He’s all in, he’s been here working, he’s been here off days, and so I've been impressed with his commitment." Still only 24 years old, Randle qualifies as an intriguing post-hype sleeper in 2015 drafts.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Rueben Randle WR FA   Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:47 am

I'll believe it when I see it.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Rueben Randle WR FA   Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:19 am

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
I'll believe it when I see it.  

thumbsup

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Rueben Randle WR FA   Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:52 am

QB speak. Randle is who we thought he was.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Rueben Randle WR FA   Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:16 pm

Randle ain't gonna do Shit!!!

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Rueben Randle WR FA   Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:25 pm

Quote :
Rueben Randle - WR - Eagles

Eagles signed WR Rueben Randle, formerly of the Giants, to a one-year, $1.025 million contract.
Randle can earn over $3 million with incentives. The deal also comes with $500,000 guaranteed. Randle also drew interest from the Rams but decided Philadelphia was his best fit. Consistency has eluded Randle to this point in his career, but he's coming off a career-high eight touchdowns and has never missed a game since entering the league in 2012. He should be the Eagles' No. 3 receiver behind Jordan Matthews and Nelson Agholor. By adding Randle and Chris Givens to the mix this offseason, Josh Huff can no longer be assured of his spot on the 53-man roster.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Rueben Randle WR FA   Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:32 pm

Hey my newly acquired WR has a team to play on, that's always a plus

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Rueben Randle WR FA   Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:58 am

I am always surprised to be reminded of how young Randle still is, I believe he is only 24... seems like he has been around forever, meanwhile there will be 24 yr old rookies just coming into the league this season... crazy... not that I think it really matters, I still don't see Randle becoming much of a fantasy factor in PHI...

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Rueben Randle WR FA   Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:21 pm

I KNOW - I DRAFTED HIM IN A LEAGUE THAT IS NOW FOLDED - SEEMS LIKE FOREVER AGO

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Rueben Randle WR FA   Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:33 pm

Team is irrelevant - he's still shit.

coffee

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Rueben Randle WR FA   Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:53 am

It's still early in the offseason but it looks like Randle will be given a chance to take the #2 spot ahead of Agholor.  I still think that Agholor has the greater upside and long-term value but Randle has shown that he can be a serviceable WR option when he gets playing time.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Rueben Randle WR FA   Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:02 pm

Agholor should get his shit together, but I think that he doesn't...

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Rueben Randle WR FA   Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:38 pm

Randle is fucking trash. He will always be trash.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Rueben Randle WR FA   Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:38 pm

He's my WR 8-10, or something like that. I'll take this kind of upside from a guy that far down on the depth chart. Granted if I have to start him I'm in real trouble but it doesn't hurt to have some productive depth.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Rueben Randle WR FA   Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:26 pm

The only name you need to know for the Eagles is Jordan Matthews! All the other WRs suck

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Rueben Randle WR FA   Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:15 pm

Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
The only name you need to know for the Eagles is Jordan Matthews!  Leader of All the other WRs who suck

Fixed.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Rueben Randle WR FA   Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:28 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
The only name you need to know for the Eagles is Jordan Matthews!  Leader of All the other WRs who suck

Fixed.

Hey that's messed up Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down
Maple Grove Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: Rueben Randle WR FA   Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:31 am

Minnesota Eternals wrote:

Fixed.

Hey that's messed up correct Crying or Very sad

I also fixed that for you!

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Rueben Randle WR FA   Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:06 pm

Jordan Matthews blows nuts.

You're welcome for that educated, well written post.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Rueben Randle WR FA   Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:32 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

You do seem to refer to male genitalia a tad often. Just an observation.

cheers

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Rueben Randle WR FA   Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:36 pm

England Dragons wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:

cheers

HAHA, yeah I guess that has come up quite a bit lately. I am listening to the podcast and Andy is almost blowing your nuts.  lol 2

Back to Randle though...

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Rueben Randle WR FA   Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:04 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
England Dragons wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:

cheers

HAHA, yeah I guess that has come up quite a bit lately. I am listening to the podcast and Andy is almost blowing your nuts.  lol 2

Back to Randle though...

laughing

Almost. Didn't even get a name check other than as some random fella owning his ass. I coulda been famous!

blow up

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Rueben Randle WR FA   Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:07 pm

Andy wanted to give credit, but not too much credit. He also didn't mention that he has no more room for awards on your sig, and his sig is looking PRETTY empty...  laughing

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Rueben Randle WR FA   Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:29 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Andy wanted to give credit, but not too much credit. He also didn't mention that he has no more room for awards on your sig, and his sig is looking PRETTY empty...  laughing

ROFL

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Rueben Randle WR FA   Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:54 pm

England Dragons wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:

ROFL

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Rueben Randle WR FA   Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:02 pm

That a picture of me on the yacht I hired with the $20 I won off you?

I could only afford it for about 10 seconds though. Worth it.

wink

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Rueben Randle WR FA   Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:53 pm

England Dragons wrote:
That a picture of me on the yacht I hired with the $20 I won off you?

I could only afford it for about 10 seconds though. Worth it.

wink

There is gonna be this moment in the future where victory is gonna taste oh so sweet....

Back to top Go down
Edinburgh Galacticos

PostSubject: Re: Rueben Randle WR FA   Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:07 pm

I haven't read most these posts but on Randle does anyone have a line on how he is doing so far in Philly? I am one of he few who liked him in big blue. I don't really care if someone looks like they are trying, it's more about production. He has been on an upward curve for 4 years and 850 yards, 8 TDs is a decent return when you are in a team with OBJ as WR1.
I'm looking at him as a sleeper in fantasy this year, but I'd like to know how he is doing in camp so any Philly guys keep me posted...

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Rueben Randle WR FA   Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:01 am

I had him one year and was ok with his results. I remember the talk being how often he wasn't on the same page with Eli though.

Back to top Go down
Edinburgh Galacticos

PostSubject: Re: Rueben Randle WR FA   Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:18 am

Morrison Minions wrote:
I had him one year and was ok with his results. I remember the talk being how often he wasn't on the same page with Eli though.

Yeah 2 seasons ago the majority of Eli's INTs were targets to Randle and the media really jumped on that. It's hard to say for sure being objective how many were his fault because you don't know what route he is supposed to be running but I know the media in NY would gladly throw Randle under the bus and never blame Eli.
Last season; there were more INTs on targets to Beckham than any other player... But again the media would never broadcast that. Randle is an easy guy to pick on because he has a chilled out nature which they mistake for meaning he doesn't care.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rueben Randle WR FA   

Back to top Go down

Rueben Randle WR FA
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: