Doug Martin RB TBB

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:21 pm

Update on Dougie whom didn't return to the game:

Quote :
Though Martin says that his X-Rays did not indicate a separated left shoulder, his arm was in a sling after Sunday's loss to the Falcons, Rick Stroud of the Tampa Bay Times reports. Analysis: Stroud adds that further evaluation will be done on Martin's shoulder Monday, but with the Bucs moving on to a short week (they play Carolina on Thursday), Martin looks iffy heading into Week 8. Mike James is next up for carries should Martin in fact miss additional time.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:51 pm

pray 

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:35 pm

Gimp-hamster.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:58 am

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Gimp-hamster.
ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO 

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:25 am

Quote :
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports that Martin could be out several weeks or longer due to the shoulder injury that he sustained Sunday against the Falcons. Analysis: We'll await confirmation of Martin's status, but a multi-week absence on his part would open the door for Mike James -- who took over for Martin on Sunday -- to see an expanded role in the meantime.
Quote :
According to multiple reports, Doug Martin sustained a labrum tear Sunday and is out for the season.
Fuck everything about Fantasy Football.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:56 am

Quote :
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are optimistic that they'll have RB Doug Martin (shoulder) back at some point this season since they play one game in the next 18 days after their Week 8 contest Thursday, Oct. 24. Martin will strengthen his shoulder and wear a harness over the next 18 days, and the target date for his return is Nov. 11. If he experiences a setback, he'll be shut down for the season.
As an owner of Martin in six leagues this news disturbs me.

Would I welcome back his production? Absolutely. But why put a guy's health and career on the line to play in games that don't matter? You're not making the play offs. Get him healthy for fucks sake.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:13 pm

Jersey Legionnaires wrote:
Quote :
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are optimistic that they'll have RB Doug Martin (shoulder) back at some point this season since they play one game in the next 18 days after their Week 8 contest Thursday, Oct. 24. Martin will strengthen his shoulder and wear a harness over the next 18 days, and the target date for his return is Nov. 11. If he experiences a setback, he'll be shut down for the season.
As an owner of Martin in six leagues this news disturbs me.

Would I welcome back his production?  Absolutely.  But why put a guy's health and career on the line to play in games that don't matter?  You're not making the play offs.  Get him healthy for fucks sake.  
SHUT UP! Mad Mad Mad 

I need his production this year... pray pray pray 

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:30 am

Quote :
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers will make a decision on RB Doug Martin (shoulder) before their Week 10 game and are leaning towards placing him on Injured Reserve. Martin likely will undergo surgery on his torn labrum in a few weeks if he is placed on IR.
The right call.

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:28 am

No idea why it took Tampa so long to figure this out.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:02 pm

Idiots.

I know, we're 0-6 (or 0-7, whatever it was) and we'll piss about waiting to see if we can worsen our star players' injury by playing him in a meaningless season when we actually want to lose to get a better draft position.

Idiots.

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:37 am

San Francisco Golddiggers wrote:
No idea why it took Tampa so long to figure this out.
If it took Doctors this long to read the images, fire them!
If it took Schiano this long, err wait. He's likely fired anyhow.

I think it boils down to season tickets. They announce 2 or 3 weeks ago he is done for the season and it just sucks any and all air left in there already shambled season. They delay it a bit and hope they can magically score a couple of wins and ignite the fan base with a lil good news before dropping the torn labrum bombshell.

Alas, after a few more L's they finally took ownership of their suckiness and ate the O-fer Hamburger and admitted to their fan base, that the one true offensive future star is now likely fucked with a severe shoulder injury. Bet they didn't fire the cannons on the pirate ship for that announcement.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:13 pm

Absolutely agree with Todd on this... the delay is strictly a financial decision! They are trying to milk every last penny out of the fans before they realized what is becoming more and more obvious with each passing week... Martin needs to shut it down for the year...

...and the Bucs need to fire Schiano if they want any chance at saving the sinking pirate ship that is their franchise!

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:02 pm

Apparently, he's been cleared from his torn labrum.

I'm not sure how I see Martin this year. I don't have a strong opinion one way or the other. I could totally see him putting up his rookie numbers or see him crapping out. He wasn't playing that well before the shoulder.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:26 pm

Quote :
(Rotoworld)Coach Lovie Smith said the Bucs are going to "lean" on Doug Martin.
Analysis: Smith believes in taking his starting running back off the field when a breather is needed, not implementing a true committee. "I think you have to have a bell cow. [Martin] is ours. ... Two will play, but it's not a rotation that where every series we're going to have a different guy in there." With his shoulder healed and the new regime implementing a run-first scheme, Martin has major bounce-back appeal. Mike James and Bobby Rainey are his current backups.

I think he is going to get the opportunity that every fantasy owner wants... He is going to be the bell cow, one of only a handful of guys nowadays that get that role. I like his chances to rebound and be a dominant RB again... I think the injury is what slowed him down last season, I didn't see any reason to be concerned with Martin himself. And luckily it was a shoulder injury, not his legs.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:03 pm

Medically cleared!

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:50 pm

Quote :
Despite his questionable tag, the Tampa Bay Times reports Doug Martin (knee) is expected to play in Week 2 against St. Louis.

Analysis: Coach Lovie Smith has been adamant all week that Martin was not benched in last week's loss to the Panthers, despite rumors to the contrary. Smith also promised the Buccaneers will stay committed to the running game moving forward. "I've talked about how important Doug is to us," Smith insisted. "Just our running game in general, we were trying to get it going with all of our guys. Doug is our lead guy. We weren't able to for whatever reason this first game, but we'll stay committed to it." Martin is an RB2 against the Rams.

The way he was handled week 1 was absolutely maddening. Here's to hoping Lovie knocks his shit off.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:24 pm

AMEN!

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:43 am

I'm reading things are exceptionally dicey for Martin today. Probably better to bench him.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:47 am

Just read he will be out.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:13 pm

Insiders say he's a no go.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:55 pm

Wish we had a friggin clue what was going on with Martin.

I thought this was a serious bounce back year and he'd be on a Forte like trajectory. Have him in a number of leagues and he's killin me.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Mon May 04, 2015 9:12 am

The Bucs declined his 5th year option.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Mon May 04, 2015 9:44 am

not a great sign...

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Mon May 04, 2015 10:50 am

They've definately given him enough chances. One hit wonder

Back to top Go down
Woodstock Wyverns

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Mon May 04, 2015 9:36 pm

Perhaps the best thing for him is a fresh start next year.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Mon May 04, 2015 9:42 pm

nothing better than some fresh pine

Back to top Go down
Woodstock Wyverns

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Mon May 04, 2015 9:49 pm

LOL, I am still holding out hope and at least I have Simms on my roster just in case...

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Tue May 05, 2015 10:18 am

Man talk about going from stud to dud??? What happened to this guy? Did he just forget how to run the football?

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Tue May 05, 2015 5:53 pm

yeah, his fall was just as fast as his rise if not faster....

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:11 am

Not so fast....

Doug Martin has been getting first-team reps at OTAs.

Martin has the inside track to remain the early-down starter over Charles Sims, who averaged 2.8 YPC as a rookie. "He's on the first team like he’s always been," coach Lovie Smith said of Martin. "He's one of our guys, he's our running back. He's showing up and getting good work. It’s as simple as that." 26 years old, Martin will be worth a mid-round gamble in 2015 fantasy drafts.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:23 am

Kingdom City Growlers 2 wrote:
Not so fast....

Martin has the inside track to remain the early-down starter over Charles Sims, who averaged 2.8 YPC as a rookie. "He's on the first team like he’s always been," coach Lovie Smith said of Martin. "He's one of our guys, he's our running back. He's showing up and getting good work. It’s as simple as that." 26 years old, Martin will be worth a mid-round gamble in 2015 fantasy drafts.

To go by the Missouri slogan, " Show Me".  Show me Doug Martin you are not a dud!  Show me you can handle the workload and avoid injury in 2015....Then I will be back on the Martin wagon, but until then he is a major risk to me

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:12 am

Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
Kingdom City Growlers 2 wrote:
Not so fast....

To go by the Missouri slogan, " Show Me".  Show me Doug Martin you are not a dud!  Show me you can handle the workload and avoid injury in 2015....Then I will be back on the Martin wagon, but until then he is a major risk to me

Certainly don't bet the farm....

Hell, I wouldn't even bet one of the pigs...

Back to top Go down
Woodstock Wyverns

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:57 am

Shawn, I will raise you a chicken but that's my ceiling. holding out hope though pray

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:33 pm

Anybody who is still hoping that Doug Martin is going to bounce back, YOU ARE DELUSIONAL. How many "next year" does this guy get. Just give the ball to Sims and move on

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:00 am

Muskego Muskies wrote:
Anybody who is still hoping that Doug Martin is going to bounce back, YOU ARE DELUSIONAL. How many "next year" does this guy get. Just give the ball to Sims and move on

Geez, Doug Martin is only going into his 4th year, got hurt in year 2 and was coming back from that injury last year, not like he's some 30 yr old who never played well and keeps getting chances... Also, Sims only averaged 2.8 yards a carry last season, which is downright terrible no matter how you look at it. So I would say its not that simple, Sims hasn't made a strong argument for himself and Martin is still just 26 and has at least had some success at the NFL level...

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:27 am

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
Muskego Muskies wrote:

Geez,   Doug Martin is only going into his 4th year,  got hurt in year 2 and was coming back from that injury last year,  not like he's some 30 yr old who never played well and keeps getting chances...   Also, Sims only averaged 2.8 yards a carry last season,  which is downright terrible no matter how you look at it.   So  I would say its not that simple,   Sims hasn't made a strong argument for himself and Martin is still just 26 and has at least had some success at the NFL level...

The fact that he's hurt every year does not help your argument

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:57 pm

Muskego Muskies wrote:
Muskego Muskies wrote:

Geez,   Doug Martin is only going into his 4th year,  got hurt in year 2 and was coming back from that injury last year,  not like he's some 30 yr old who never played well and keeps getting chances...   Also, Sims only averaged 2.8 yards a carry last season,  which is downright terrible no matter how you look at it.   So  I would say its not that simple,   Sims hasn't made a strong argument for himself and Martin is still just 26 and has at least had some success at the NFL level...

neither does Simms' 2.8 ypc help yours....

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:59 pm

RBBC

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:28 pm

Norfolk Bombers wrote:
Muskego Muskies wrote:
Muskego Muskies wrote:

neither does Simms' 2.8 ypc help yours....
Actually I was using the fact that Sims is horrible to demonstrate how bad I think Martin has become. Sims may not be the answer but if your going into the season counting on major contributions from Martin you're in trouble.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:25 am

I have Martin in a couple of my leagues and have Sims handcuffed in all those leagues... I am not counting on anything from Martin, but my point is that he is still a young player (not yet at prime playing age) and at least he has proven he can produce in the NFL... So even though you can't count on him 100%, the other side of the coin is it would be foolish to just write him off completely...

Back to top Go down
Woodstock Wyverns

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:57 am

I agree with Chris here. There are not many O-lines that were worse than the Bucs and he will likely leave next year.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:26 pm

Insanity= Putting the same POS on the field and expecting different results.

Back to top Go down
Kirksville Growlers

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:10 pm

Did this guy retire yet???

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:26 pm

Quote :
[size=18]User Actions

Following
Adam SchefterVerified account‏[ltr]@AdamSchefter[/ltr][/size]
Buccaneers and RB Doug Martin reached agreement on five-year deal worth over $35 million, per source.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:28 pm

How much guaranteed? That's really the only number that matters

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:37 pm

Muskego Muskies wrote:
How much guaranteed? That's really the only number that matters

15 supposedly.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:48 pm

That's not a bad number, that's a good deal for the Bucs IMO.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:51 pm

Good for the Bucs not letting him slip away. He is still in his prime, so he should only build on what he did last year

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:54 am

Hamstring injury. Likely out next week.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:06 am

Can he be out two weeks? I play against him in 2 leagues the following week.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   

Back to top Go down

Doug Martin RB TBB
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: