:: I forgot my password

Share | 

A.J. McCarron QB CIN

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: A.J. McCarron QB CIN   Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:47 am

This guy could easily be a starter for a hand full of teams right now. I think Cincy seriously has to think about trading him to get full value. Easily the best back-up the league IMO. It would also benefit the Muskies.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: A.J. McCarron QB CIN   Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:07 pm

I just think he's alright. Don't really see a team that would give up anything but a late round pick for him. He's a career backup in my eyes.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: A.J. McCarron QB CIN   Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:35 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
I just think he's alright. Don't really see a team that would give up anything but a late round pick for him. He's a career backup in my eyes.
He won a playoff game and performed well whenever else he's played. Someone is going to give him a chance to start.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: A.J. McCarron QB CIN   Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:44 pm

Now that I think of it, they lost to the Ravens in the playoffs last year didn't they? That was the game the defense went psycho in the last few minutes and cost them the game right. Doesn't change my opinion, he'll still get a chance to start somewhere.

Back to top Go down
Shaferville Stars

PostSubject: Re: A.J. McCarron QB CIN   Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:02 pm

There is a silent majority of Bengals fans who think that Cincy should trade Dalton to a team desperate for a QB (like Denver), get a bunch of draft picks, and take their chances with AJ. Next time Andy loses in a wild card playoff game, that could happen...

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: A.J. McCarron QB CIN   Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:08 pm

I don't blame them. I think McCarron could start for Cleveland, Miami, Denver, SF, Buffalo, Kansas City and Philly right now. He's as good if not better than all those QB's.

Back to top Go down
Shaferville Stars

PostSubject: Re: A.J. McCarron QB CIN   Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:27 pm

The talk is that the Brown family could treat Dalton the same way Dallas treated Herschel Walker: trade him for a metric shit-ton of draft picks and then build from there.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: A.J. McCarron QB CIN   Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:47 pm

I'm not sure they could get a Herschel Walker type deal but I'm sure they could get some decent picks to make them better. As far as QB I think it's at least a lateral move going from Dalton to McCarron so I think they'd be OK there.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: A.J. McCarron QB CIN   Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:12 pm

Man, I think Dalton is way better than AJ. I just wouldn't feel comfortable with him as a starter, but I feel that Dalton is fine.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: A.J. McCarron QB CIN   Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:38 pm

AJ is a backup. When someone tries to make him their starter it's not gonna end well. If that someone happens to be the Bengals because the Brown family trades Dalton, that would be a very Benga-like thing to do. I root for the Bengals but feel as long as Mike Brown is there that nothing great is coming.

Back to top Go down
Haddonfield Slashers

PostSubject: Re: A.J. McCarron QB CIN   Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:56 pm

So whats everyone think? Won his UFA... NFL starter material?

Back to top Go down
Toontown Wolverines

PostSubject: Re: A.J. McCarron QB CIN   Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:22 pm

He could do well in the right system. Maybe Miami or Buffalo. I think he could be better then Tannehill and his wife is hotter too.

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: A.J. McCarron QB CIN   Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:58 pm

Mediocre at best IMO.

Take mediocre and subtract 10,000 percent if he signs with the Browns. Evil laugh

coffee

Back to top Go down
Haddonfield Slashers

PostSubject: Re: A.J. McCarron QB CIN   Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:31 pm

Hamilton Steel Cats wrote:
Mediocre at best IMO.

Take mediocre and subtract 10,000 percent if he signs with the Browns. Evil laugh

coffee

Back to top Go down
Coachella Tremors

PostSubject: Re: A.J. McCarron QB CIN   Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:36 pm

Pretty hard to tell...the guy has intangibles and was an absolute winner in college...he could manage a game, but did not have the crazy arm strength of many QBs these days. Seems like the GMs would have a little more intel on him than this batch of rookie prospects of college, but really not much more. Not sure how much he really learned under Marvin Lewis in Cincinatti either...

If the tape and workouts show there is something there, I think he would be a clever pickup by the Pats to succeed Brady.

Back to top Go down
Windy City Blitz

PostSubject: Re: A.J. McCarron QB CIN   Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:17 pm

I think he gets a similar deal that Glennon got last year.
Back to top Go down
Tenafly Vipers

PostSubject: Re: A.J. McCarron QB CIN   Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:33 am

Count me out.

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas Juggalos

PostSubject: Re: A.J. McCarron QB CIN   Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:28 am

I was hoping AJ stayed with the Bengals and Red Rifle found his way to Saxonvile. Oh well.

Back to top Go down
Riverside Rottweilers

PostSubject: Re: A.J. McCarron QB CIN   Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:54 am

Feel like the jets or cardinals should go after him. If Mccarron is smart he’ll wait for Cousins to get signed then the remaining teams might pay up to get him.

Back to top Go down
Edinburgh Galacticos

PostSubject: Re: A.J. McCarron QB CIN   Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:40 am

Why does this guy even have a thread? Mid to late round drafted QB who has never even been close to unseating a completely average QB in Dalton.

Just because the worst organisation in pro sports we’re going to use a high pick to trade for him suddenly he is a thing?

Nah, not for me!

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: A.J. McCarron QB CIN   Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:57 am

I would only go after him & take the risk if the price was right

Back to top Go down
Toontown Wolverines

PostSubject: Re: A.J. McCarron QB CIN   Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:47 pm

Edinburgh Galacticos wrote:
Why does this guy even have a thread? Mid to late round drafted QB who has never even been close to unseating a completely average QB in Dalton.

Just because the worst organisation in pro sports we’re going to use a high pick to trade for him suddenly he is a thing?

Nah, not for me!
This is why he gets his own thread

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas Juggalos

PostSubject: Re: A.J. McCarron QB CIN   Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:10 pm

Nah, not for me!

How is this different from Mahomes ... or Jimmy G?

Back to top Go down
St. Louis Duffers

PostSubject: Re: A.J. McCarron QB CIN   Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:51 pm

Toontown Wolverines wrote:

Nah, not for me!

Works for me.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: A.J. McCarron QB CIN   Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:13 pm

My goodness AJ. Lucky bastard.

Back to top Go down
Coachella Tremors

PostSubject: Re: A.J. McCarron QB CIN   Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:01 pm

Very threadworthy! clap

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: A.J. McCarron QB CIN   Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:09 pm

I've got him in RR, come and get him while his price is cheap. He'll have 1 year left once the contracts roll back.

Back to top Go down
Cyclone City Falcons

PostSubject: Re: A.J. McCarron QB CIN   Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:34 pm

Maplewood Doppelgangers wrote:
I've got him in RR, come and get him while his price is cheap. He'll have 1 year left once the contracts roll back.

Does he come with the hottie pictured above?

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: A.J. McCarron QB CIN   Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:44 pm

Cyclone City Falcons wrote:

Does he come with the hottie pictured above?

Sure, why not! I'll email you a picture of her once the trade is completed!

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas Juggalos

PostSubject: Re: A.J. McCarron QB CIN   Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:23 pm

I would do this depending on your definition of cheap. He would pretty much be on a prove it deal and he will go to a team and most likely start.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: A.J. McCarron QB CIN   Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:09 pm

They should just keep him in Cincinnati and bench that worthless fuck Dalton!

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas Juggalos

PostSubject: Re: A.J. McCarron QB CIN   Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:02 am

Littleton SilverBallers wrote:

Do this and send Dalton to Saxonville.

Back to top Go down
Cyclone City Falcons

PostSubject: Re: A.J. McCarron QB CIN   Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:27 am

Las Vegas Juggalos wrote:

I'd be curious to see what the Bengals would ask in return for Dalton. I'm not convinced Dalton is that much better than Bortles anyway. I have a feeling JAX would be better off sticking with Bortles and either drafting competition/replacement for him or signing a long term FA. JAX is on the hook for Bortles 5th year option unless he passes a physicial - and he just had surgery.

Back to top Go down
Tenafly Vipers

PostSubject: Re: A.J. McCarron QB CIN   Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:59 pm

St. Louis Duffers wrote:

Nah, not for me!

Works for me.

Ah, yes. Katherine "Brent Musburger" Webb.

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas Juggalos

PostSubject: Re: A.J. McCarron QB CIN   Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:47 pm

I'd be curious to see what the Bengals would ask in return for Dalton. I'm not convinced Dalton is that much better than Bortles anyway. I have a feeling JAX would be better off sticking with Bortles and either drafting competition/replacement for him or signing a long term FA. JAX is on the hook for Bortles 5th year option unless he passes a physicial - and he just had surgery.

I hear this all the time now, not much better than bortles. Let's keep in mind how many games we lost with bortles throwing the ball. Or the fact that a little bit better could have moved the ball on the last two drives to win the afc championship game.

He should pass the physical no problem, surgery wasn't that bad.

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas Juggalos

PostSubject: Re: A.J. McCarron QB CIN   Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:49 pm

Let's not forget you just said draft him competition or replacement, bortles isn't that old and should not need either, so yes I would take a little better. And what is Daltons cap hit?

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas Juggalos

PostSubject: Re: A.J. McCarron QB CIN   Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:54 pm

I say bring in Dalton and draft Jackson, let the best two stay. Jackson gets to learn without pressure.

Back to top Go down
Cyclone City Falcons

PostSubject: Re: A.J. McCarron QB CIN   Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:36 pm

I hear this all the time now, not much better than bortles. Let's keep in mind how many games we lost with bortles throwing the ball. Or the fact that a little bit better could have moved the ball on the last two drives to win the afc championship game.

Dalton hasn't even won a playoff game and he's had like 5 opportunities lol. So yeah, still don't see Dalton as much better than Bortles.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: A.J. McCarron QB CIN   Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:03 am

I worry McCarron isnt that good, because he cant even beat Dalton out as the starter. Maybe he is, but I am skeptical so far. He wasnt awesome at Bama either.

Back to top Go down
Toontown Wolverines

PostSubject: Re: A.J. McCarron QB CIN   Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:06 am

Indiana Mayhem wrote:
I worry McCarron isnt that good, because he cant even beat Dalton out as the starter.  Maybe he is, but I am skeptical so far.  He wasnt awesome at Bama either.
Doesn't he own all the school records for Qb's at Bama. The knock on him is arm strength, thats why he doesn't beat out Dalton aka Redrifle.

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas Juggalos

PostSubject: Re: A.J. McCarron QB CIN   Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:58 pm

Dalton hasn't even won a playoff game and he's had like 5 opportunities lol. So yeah, still don't see Dalton as much better than Bortles.

Ha, what a joke. That's like saying Tebow is better than Dalton because Tebow won a playoff game or that Trent Dilfer is better than Dan Marino because Trent has a ring. You admit that Dalton is better, even if slightly, but say not enough to produce more wins ... which he has done. Is Bortles faster, bigger, and better arm strength? Ok the last one is questionable but Dalton is smarter. I love that Bortles doesn't quit and is trying to get better but that's like me trying to become a better fashion consultant, some things just doesn't work out.

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas Juggalos

PostSubject: Re: A.J. McCarron QB CIN   Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:02 pm

Indiana Mayhem wrote:
I worry McCarron isnt that good, because he cant even beat Dalton out as the starter.  Maybe he is, but I am skeptical so far.  He wasnt awesome at Bama either.
Doesn't he own all the school records for Qb's at Bama.  The knock on him is arm strength, thats why he doesn't beat out Dalton aka Redrifle.

He is beating out those great Alabama QBs like Croyle and Wilson. And let's not forget he was throwing to Julio Jones and Amari Cooper. A clear example of being a product of the system.

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: A.J. McCarron QB CIN   Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:30 pm

Dalton and Bortles are just good enough to make you not replace them but not good enough to win championships.

Back to top Go down
Toontown Wolverines

PostSubject: Re: A.J. McCarron QB CIN   Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:10 pm

I think it was 3 years ago that Dalton was one of the top passers and had MVP consideration before he got injured

Back to top Go down
Tenafly Vipers

PostSubject: Re: A.J. McCarron QB CIN   Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:25 pm

Bortles and Dalton are pretty comparable athletes. Bortles is slightly taller and bigger, but I'm not sure how much that has mattered in practice. McCarron had better college production but is a worse athlete than either. None of them were any good in college until they were upperclassmen, fwiw.

I guess since Bortles is the youngest -- 26 years old vs. 30 for Dalton and 27 for McCarron -- you'd probably rather have the big, young one than either of the other two.

But they all suck. As much as three dudes in like the top 0.5 percent of all quarterbacks on earth can suck.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: A.J. McCarron QB CIN   Yesterday at 6:34 am

Indiana Mayhem wrote:
Doesn't he own all the school records for Qb's at Bama.  The knock on him is arm strength, thats why he doesn't beat out Dalton aka Redrifle.

Again if he was good he would be starting. If Dalton is better that still says something. BUT, his time is now. He will have opportunity and that is all he needs. Our questions will be answered in the next 2-3 years.

I am thinking he ends up over valued from what I would be willing to pay currently in trade value.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: A.J. McCarron QB CIN   Yesterday at 7:46 am

Indiana Mayhem wrote:
Indiana Mayhem wrote:

Again if he was good he would be starting.  If Dalton is better that still says something.  BUT, his time is now.  He will have opportunity and that is all he needs.  Our questions will be answered in the next 2-3 years.

I am thinking he ends up over valued from what I would be willing to pay currently in trade value.

Yup.

He's Mike Gannon 2.0.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: A.J. McCarron QB CIN   Yesterday at 7:56 am

You guys are just saying that because he is white.  laughing

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: A.J. McCarron QB CIN   Yesterday at 8:00 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
You guys are just saying that because he is white.  laughing

Okay.. He's Tee Martin 2.0?