Rocky Mountain Oysters
Titletown Tyrants
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Honolulu Honu

Honolulu Honu

Peck Kingfish  (John) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peck Kingfish (John)   Peck Kingfish  (John) - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 10, 2022 1:29 pm

John wrote:
The Peck Kingfish

It's Peck, Idaho for location. I don't live there now but it's near a good steelhead spot.

There's no Kingfish in Peck, you catch those in various saltwater locations. I caught a sweet one on a fly rod in Whangerei New Zealand. Nice place, took the fish as a mascot for my leagues.

You all seem like an interesting bunch and I am "attracted to orphans" so I am am a prospect of sorts. The kinda like partial dispersal draft idea as better than what I have seen in other leagues, in my opinion. I probably need to review that as well as the rest of the bylaws further even though if I ever take on an orphan I am still likely to get a bunch of stupid offers from those types of owners that are in every league.

I didn't plan on entering any more redraft leagues but this training camp process is an interesting concept for sure with all the knuckleheads out there that must be filtered out and which I absolutely count myself as a knucklehead.

I am going to consider the wait list for a dynasty team. I have taken over a couple orphans in both salary and non salary cap formats. Recently entered a couple start ups. IDP only. I do have one redraft IDP team here (Honolulu) locally. I won't bail on that but redraft isn't real interesting anymore even if I never win them. So, if I request redraft consideration (training camp) I will hit that thread at that time. For now we are waiting out a tropical storm (Darby) here.

If I decide you have been a jack arse on an occasion, I don't hold back much without apology. Former Coast Guard guy so I am used to heavy banter taken and given in the pursuit of amusement and overall objectives. This is amusement after all, life is short. It needs to be funny and original though. This is not easy and some owners won't dig the approach. Apologies about that in advance.

Attorney for a living. Whatever that is worth which isn't much.

In conclusion, looks like a solid league with intiguing concepts for entry so thanks for having me aboard the forum as a prospect and thanks to the Commish as guaranteed, this league is a major endeavor.

Salut,

Fish

I was playing around on the main website and clicked John's picture in the members tab and it brought up this post.
I really thought this was a Chinese pun, because Beijing's tradition and antiquated/pinyin name in English spelling is Pe King. Pe King Fish would be like Beijing Fish.

Sorry for bringing up a really old thread, just thought it was a cool synchronicity lol.
Back to top Go down
Honolulu Honu

Honolulu Honu

PostSubject: Re: Peck Kingfish (John)   Peck Kingfish  (John) - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 10, 2022 1:30 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Welcome to Roster Wars John!  So you currently live in Hawaii?  If so, how nice is that?

So first thing you'll want to do is change your username to "Peck Kingfish" versus "peckkingfish" and at this point we all agree I am the team name Nazi I guess so it is what it is.

So I was having trouble following your OP...are you looking to participate in our RWTC (redraft) league or are you wanting to enter our prospect process for the main league....or both?

AND he was living in Hawaii? Come on...
Back to top Go down
Honolulu Honu

Honolulu Honu

PostSubject: Re: Peck Kingfish (John)   Peck Kingfish  (John) - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 10, 2022 1:32 pm

And now that I read the whole thread maybe I don't want any synchronicities with this guy... Uh oh.
Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Peck Kingfish (John)   Peck Kingfish  (John) - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 10, 2022 1:38 pm

Honolulu Honu wrote:
And now that I read the whole thread maybe I don't want any synchronicities with this guy... Uh oh.

good call

Peck Kingfish  (John) - Page 2 Siggoo18
Back to top Go down
Honolulu Honu

Honolulu Honu

PostSubject: Re: Peck Kingfish (John)   Peck Kingfish  (John) - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 10, 2022 1:41 pm

Kane County Goon Squad wrote:
Honolulu Honu wrote:

good call

Yeah. Didn't realize what the "Legends of Lunacy" meant until after I read about Charlie and the Canada Mongols. Now it makes sense...
Back to top Go down
Motor City Malachi Crunch

Motor City Malachi Crunch

PostSubject: Re: Peck Kingfish (John)   Peck Kingfish  (John) - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 17, 2022 9:11 am

Another John

Come on!

Welcome!

Peck Kingfish  (John) - Page 2 Sigmal19
Back to top Go down
London Legion

London Legion

PostSubject: Re: Peck Kingfish (John)   Peck Kingfish  (John) - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 18, 2022 1:02 pm

Motor City Malachi Crunch wrote:
Another John

Come on!

Welcome!

You may have got over excited !

This is an old John and a old thread
Evil laugh

Peck Kingfish  (John) - Page 2 Sigleg14
Back to top Go down
Stellenbosch Saints

Stellenbosch Saints

PostSubject: Re: Peck Kingfish (John)   Peck Kingfish  (John) - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 18, 2022 1:59 pm

lol3

Peck Kingfish  (John) - Page 2 Sigsai14
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peck Kingfish (John)   Peck Kingfish  (John) - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 18, 2022 2:56 pm

Lmao, in the event we have any new Johns that apply just go ahead and deny those.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Peck Kingfish (John)   Peck Kingfish  (John) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Peck Kingfish (John)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Bulletin Board :: Check In-
Jump to: