:: I forgot my password
x

Share | 

Rule L.3(A) Question

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shaferville Stars

PostSubject: Rule L.3(A) Question   Thu May 12, 2016 12:19 pm

Per the rule book: "A) If at any time, a player with no contract does not have their contract set by the deadline set by the President, the player will be given a 1 year contract by default and if a team does not have a year available one will be made available by reducing the highest contract given during that years contract assigning session (with the tiebreaker being alphabetical by last name)."

So, let's say the sum of my team's contracts = 120 years, and I also have a player on my team with no contract. Does that "zero year player" automatically get a 1 year contract in that scenario? If so, how do we determine which of my other players gets one less year on his contract?

Thanks!

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Rule L.3(A) Question   Thu May 12, 2016 12:22 pm

If you are at 120 years with a player with a 0 year contract, each member of the league gets to beat the shit out of you, and Andy gets to go first, and last.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Rule L.3(A) Question   Thu May 12, 2016 12:31 pm

Shaferville Stars wrote:
Per the rule book: "A) If at any time, a player with no contract does not have their contract set by the deadline set by the President, the player will be given a 1 year contract by default and if a team does not have a year available one will be made available by reducing the highest contract given during that years contract assigning session (with the tiebreaker being alphabetical by last name)."

So, let's say the sum of my team's contracts = 120 years, and I also have a player on my team with no contract. Does that "zero year player" automatically get a 1 year contract in that scenario? If so, how do we determine which of my other players gets one less year on his contract?

Thanks!

This rule really only applies to the contract deadline at the end of July and in a nutshell it means that if one sucks at math, doles out contracts to their players and either A) goes over the cap or B) forgets to include a player or players when assigning (resulting in needing to go over the cap)....it will come at the detriment of those players they covet most.....so in order to ensure all their players get valid contracts, if cuts need to be made they shall be made starting with those players given the largest deals.

Does that help?

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Rule L.3(A) Question   Thu May 12, 2016 12:39 pm

Andy's response was much nicer than mine, I apologize, I should have been more serious.  wink

Back to top Go down
Shaferville Stars

PostSubject: Re: Rule L.3(A) Question   Thu May 12, 2016 1:08 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Shaferville Stars wrote:

Thanks!

This rule really only applies to the contract deadline at the end of July and in a nutshell it means that if one sucks at math, doles out contracts to their players and either A) goes over the cap or B) forgets to include a player or players when assigning (resulting in needing to go over the cap)....it will come at the detriment of those players they covet most.....so in order to ensure all their players get valid contracts, if cuts need to be made they shall be made starting with those players given the largest deals.

Does that help?

It does help. I like how the league makes it hurt if someone fucks up their contracts. Appreciate the reply.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Rule L.3(A) Question   Thu May 12, 2016 1:12 pm

Shaferville Stars wrote:
Shaferville Stars wrote:

Thanks!

Does that help?

It does help. I like how the league makes it hurt if someone fucks up their contracts. Appreciate the reply.

I like when fucking up hurts.

laughing

Back to top Go down
Shaferville Stars

PostSubject: Re: Rule L.3(A) Question   Thu May 12, 2016 1:16 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Andy's response was much nicer than mine, I apologize, I should have been more serious.  wink

I almost preferred your response to Andy's. Don't want my top players getting dinged because I can't do math.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Rule L.3(A) Question   Thu May 12, 2016 1:25 pm

Honestly Sam, you are spending your time here at RW focused in the wrong areas.  You should be concentrating on something much more important, like the "...in your pants thread"; or Club business like "The Logo Wars".  Get your priorities straight Mister!  :wink:

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Rule L.3(A) Question   Thu May 12, 2016 1:27 pm

Oaktown Malosos wrote:
Honestly Sam, you are spending your time here at RW focused in the wrong areas.  You should be concentrating on something much more important, like the "...in your pants thread"; or Club business like "The Logo Wars".  Get your priorities straight Mister!  :wink:

ROFL

Great that he is reading through the bylaws and has questions. I think a lot of people who come here say they have read through in detail, but really haven't gone as far in as they let on.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Rule L.3(A) Question   Thu May 12, 2016 1:28 pm

Oaktown Malosos wrote:

Get outta here.  I'm learning a lot from Sam with these questions.  

I'm hoping that he can help me figure out what I'm risking by not having any WBs.  I don't see a penalty but I know that Andy's got something planned for me.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Rule L.3(A) Question   Thu May 12, 2016 1:34 pm

Sam, if we had a bylaws quiz right about now, my money would be on you placing in the top10.

Back to top Go down
Shaferville Stars

PostSubject: Re: Rule L.3(A) Question   Thu May 12, 2016 2:02 pm

Sam, if we had a bylaws quiz right about now, my money would be on you placing in the top10.  

I doubt that...these bylaws are thicker than the Tax Code, which is how I like it (the bylaws, that is).

Back to top Go down
Shaferville Stars

PostSubject: Re: Rule L.3(A) Question   Thu May 12, 2016 2:02 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Oaktown Malosos wrote:

ROFL

Great that he is reading through the bylaws and has questions. I think a lot of people who come here say they have read through in detail, but really haven't gone as far in as they let on.

What is this "in your pants" thread of which you speak?

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Rule L.3(A) Question   Thu May 12, 2016 2:21 pm

Shaferville Stars wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Oaktown Malosos wrote:

ROFL

In the Free For All section. Just a humorous thread.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Rule L.3(A) Question   Thu May 12, 2016 3:41 pm

Shaferville Stars wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Oaktown Malosos wrote:

ROFL

Don't worry - it's not Nick's pants...

wink

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: Rule L.3(A) Question   Thu May 12, 2016 4:06 pm

The good threads are in the Free For All. Look for the one where Eric makes most of the posts.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Rule L.3(A) Question   Thu May 12, 2016 5:05 pm

We should have one of these and the winner could get 50 wbs! I bet shawn would love this idea!!!

1st

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Rule L.3(A) Question   Thu May 12, 2016 5:37 pm

Norfolk Bombers wrote:

We should have one of these and the winner could get 50 wbs!  I bet shawn would love this idea!!!

1st

Neutral

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Rule L.3(A) Question   Thu May 12, 2016 6:43 pm

lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Rule L.3(A) Question   Thu May 12, 2016 8:43 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
I'm hoping that he can help me figure out what I'm risking by not having any WBs.  I don't see a penalty but I know that Andy's got something planned for me.
Pretty easy to happen actually. You have to start a valid lineup. Your only DT or K for a given week gets hurt and you're at 120 years. You need that 5WB to reduce a contract so you pick someone to start to avoid a real $ penalty.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rule L.3(A) Question   

Back to top Go down

Rule L.3(A) Question
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Main RW Lobby-
Jump to: