AuthorMessage
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Tue May 10, 2016 11:58 am

Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
Indiana Mayhem wrote:
Shaferville Stars wrote:
Decatur Freakshow wrote:
Littleton SilverBallers wrote:

FWIW, this is a very deep draft, esp for IDPs. Love the depth at DB, and Miles Jack is in an underrated situation in Jacksonville. The one position I'm not as stoked about is QB, but at most other skill positions this is a solid group.

Ummm, people are already starting to take my later round "hope and dream" players in my other drafts.  Is this going to continue here?  Cause I am getting tired of it.

No its only going to continue sad3

I expect it to be worse here at RW actually

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Thu May 12, 2016 11:02 am

Here goes Shawn bitching and moaning again.... Isn't it kind of anticlimactic to start this thing in the middle of the night? I'm sure Jon is all for it, but for the rest of us... booo. And who can actuallty read and understand what day this actually is? Is it Saturday night or Sunday night?

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Thu May 12, 2016 11:04 am

agree and why don't we start it on Friday so that people have the weekend to "work the draft"
instead of Saturday or sunday or whatever it is

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Thu May 12, 2016 11:14 am

I wish we did start it Friday. I'm off all day and would love be to make my 4 first round picks while not working (work Saturday). No timer sooooo... What's the harm on Friday right?

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Thu May 12, 2016 11:15 am

Yeah, starting basically at midnight on Saturday is very weird... I don't get that... Would be better to start off on Saturday morning sometime, so we can get a whole weekend in rather than just Sunday...

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Thu May 12, 2016 11:16 am

agreed and why don't we start in March so everyone doesn't have the luxury of having others tell them who is good and what situations are beneficial to players.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Thu May 12, 2016 11:18 am

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
agreed and why don't we start in March so everyone doesn't have the luxury of having others tell them who is good and what situations are beneficial to players.

Well that'd just be dumb Laughing

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Thu May 12, 2016 11:18 am

I draft better through the week than weekends---so if you are scared you should start it on a weekend.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Thu May 12, 2016 11:19 am

You guys are funny. We start on May 15th, regardless of what day of the week it falls on. I work weekends so this isn't helpful to me but don't hear me whining...starting at a different time of the day would suck for Jon but yeah, maybe I should cater to certain folks just cuz...

laughing

Or we could just take our "no problem havin', no timer needin' asses and start on May 15th like planned.

lol 2

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Thu May 12, 2016 11:20 am

is that little cute sarcastic Andy coming out hahahahaha. You hate us and that makes us love you all the more! Wow that turned gay fast! Not that there is anything wrong with gay. My friend is gay and I give him long hugs that last an eternity sometimes... Stephanie is actually getting her hair cut right now from him. What were we talking about again?

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Thu May 12, 2016 11:22 am

Tarpon Springs RedKnights wrote:
is that little cute sarcastic Andy coming out hahahahaha. You hate us and that makes us love you all the more! Wow that turned gay fast! Not that there is anything wrong with gay. My friend is gay and I give him long hugs that last an eternity sometimes... Stephanie is actually getting her hair cut right now from him. What were we talking about again?

Talking about the rush to plow through the fun so we can get back to nothing.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Thu May 12, 2016 11:25 am

Sounds like my college days ...

cheers

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Thu May 12, 2016 11:26 am

Bergen Brawlers wrote:

cheers
Russ you were gay in college? Not that there is anything wrong with that...

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Thu May 12, 2016 11:28 am

I'm not in a hurry. Start it Monday, start it next week, start it next month, I don't care. But starting it in the middle of the night for the few 22 of us is silly.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Thu May 12, 2016 11:29 am

ROFL

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Thu May 12, 2016 11:36 am

I hope Stephanie's haircut looks GREAT ...wait......is this a draft thread?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Thu May 12, 2016 11:40 am

Indiana Mayhem wrote:
she would kill me if I posted a pic so..... Here is the dead little Stephanie hair. May it rest in peace.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Thu May 12, 2016 11:49 am

I would rather it not start in the pm as well, because I am more than likely going to be in bed when this get rolling. But, it's not really up to me, so I will just go with the flow

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Thu May 12, 2016 11:50 am

Indiana Mayhem wrote:
she would kill me if I posted a pic so..... Here is the dead little Stephanie hair. May it rest in peace.

Those shoes are sssso gay

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Thu May 12, 2016 11:57 am

You guys are funny.  We start on May 15th, regardless of what day of the week it falls on.  I work weekends so this isn't helpful to me but don't hear me whining...starting at a different time of the day would suck for Jon but yeah, maybe I should cater to certain folks just cuz...

laughing

Or we could just take our "no problem havin', no timer needin' asses and start on May 15th like planned.  

lol 2

alright - sheesh - no need to get hot about it

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Thu May 12, 2016 12:27 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
I'm not in a hurry. Start it Monday, start it next week, start it next month, I don't care. But starting it in the middle of the night for the few 22 of us is silly.

I know. With the expectation that we have picks made every 20 minutes and the shotgun start and all, I am being quit unreasonable. And if I changed it to 6am, some would argue their beauty sleep was being interrupted or god forbid Jon or Mike has the 1st pick and now how could we expect them to perform? Life is so hard sometimes.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Thu May 12, 2016 12:51 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:

cheers
Russ you were gay in college? Not that there is anything wrong with that...

I thought that you and I were gonna keep that a secret fire guy.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Thu May 12, 2016 12:53 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:

I know.  With the expectation that we have picks made every 20 minutes and the shotgun start and all, I am being quit unreasonable.  And if I changed it to 6am, some would argue their beauty sleep was being interrupted or god forbid Jon or Mike has the 1st pick and now how could we expect them to perform?  Life is so hard sometimes.

I think you are way overthinking this. For 22 out of 24 owners (I think), this thing starts in the middle of the night. I'm not bringing this up because I want picks to go by faster. I want it to be more entertaining. When the top couple guys get picked in the middle of the night, it won't be as entertaining to talk about it 8 hours later.

I also understand that there is a very real chance that it starts in the morning whenever the 1.01 feels like picking. But the 22 of us not picking first don't know what time that will be.

I'm going on way too much about this. It's silly to start this in the middle of the night and I'll just leave it at that until I feel like bitching about it all over again next year.

pretty colors

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Thu May 12, 2016 1:10 pm

What would the appropriate time be to start a timer-less draft?

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Thu May 12, 2016 1:12 pm

I thought last week.  But we all saw how that turned out.

shrug

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Thu May 12, 2016 1:14 pm

eating popcorn

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Thu May 12, 2016 1:14 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:

shrug

ROFL

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Thu May 12, 2016 1:15 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:

shrug

Your draft timer reminder guy didn't get to you soon enough!

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Thu May 12, 2016 1:19 pm

Kind of embarrassing that you even have to ask. 8a - geesh. Shocked

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Thu May 12, 2016 1:23 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:

shrug

bow

And I'm irrelevant to this, not having a 1st rounder. But it's a timerless draft so can't see how what time we start matters.

shrug

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Thu May 12, 2016 1:26 pm

Would everyone be happy if I waited until 8 am to take Zeke?  Sounds like that would solve the problem.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Thu May 12, 2016 1:28 pm

I prefer the draft to start in the morning so I have something to focus on during my work day.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Thu May 12, 2016 1:30 pm

Well if we change the date, then I say March something. If we are merely talking time, we could do 1am for those that have trouble processing the difference between 12am and 12pm. We could do 2am to accommodate the crowd that might be at the bar late yet wants to be present at the shotgun start. We could do 3am for the insomniacs. Then again 4am might be best for the early birds who want the worm. But 5am is ideal for me since I want to be there when it starts before I go to work. Sure 6am could work for those who don't need their beauty sleep but I think we'll still only be helpful to 9/24ths of the league. Is 7am when cartoons started in 1985? I bet 8am would be ok but not everyone will be done with their breakfast so we should reconsider. At 9am, aren't you in the shower? Ooh, at 10am I go to my first break so that could be alright. Wait, 11am at least so we can still say we started in the morning like adults, ya think? How about 12pm (noon for those who don't get the am/pm thing) but that would interfere with lunch time for many. If we started at 1pm, that would just be weird, right? At 2pm I would be at my second break AND those who are hungover should be around. But 3pm makes little sense unless we want to sneak up on some motherfucker taking a nap I think. We could 4pm just so we could say that most people would be awake and present at the kickoff of the timer-less draft. By 5pm, we've wasted most of the day and now some are eating dinner. Going with 6pm would suck because I would have to drive home from work and miss the first 25 minutes of this shit. Fuck that! Oooh, 7pm could be alright except that now some of you folks are catching a buzz because ya'll gotta work the next day. By 8pm, some are already drunk....not good. At 9pm, some of you candyasses already have your pajamas on and are busy wrestling with a glass of warm milk. Are you gonna start this fucker at 10pm....why? We could do 11pm to keep the date and make Procrastination Nation proud....or 11:59pm just to be tools.

Fuck it's 1:28 and I haven't eaten lunch..... surprised

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Thu May 12, 2016 1:48 pm

This reminded me of this..

Laughing

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Thu May 12, 2016 1:49 pm

Well if we change the date, then I say March something.  If we are merely talking time, we could do 1am for those that have trouble processing the difference between 12am and 12pm.  We could do 2am to accommodate the crowd that might be at the bar late yet wants to be present at the shotgun start.  We could do 3am for the insomniacs.  Then again 4am might be best for the early birds who want the worm.  But 5am is ideal for me since I want to be there when it starts before I go to work.  Sure 6am could work for those who don't need their beauty sleep but I think we'll still only be helpful to 9/24ths of the league.  Is 7am when cartoons started in 1985?  I bet 8am would be ok but not everyone will be done with their breakfast so we should reconsider.  At 9am, aren't you in the shower? Ooh, at 10am I go to my first break so that could be alright.  Wait, 11am at least so we can still say we started in the morning like adults, ya think?  How about 12pm (noon for those who don't get the am/pm thing) but that would interfere with lunch time for many.  If we started at 1pm, that would just be weird, right?  At 2pm I would be at my second break AND those who are hungover should be around.  But 3pm makes little sense unless we want to sneak up on some motherfucker taking a nap I think.  We could 4pm just so we could say that most people would be awake and present at the kickoff of the timer-less draft.  By 5pm, we've wasted most of the day and now some are eating dinner.  Going with 6pm would suck because I would have to drive home from work and miss the first 25 minutes of this shit.  Fuck that!  Oooh, 7pm could be alright except that now some of you folks are catching a buzz because ya'll gotta work the next day.  By 8pm, some are already drunk....not good.  At 9pm, some of you candyasses already have your pajamas on and are busy wrestling with a glass of warm milk.  Are you gonna start this fucker at 10pm....why?  We could do 11pm to keep the date and make Procrastination Nation proud....or 11:59pm just to be tools.

Fuck it's 1:28 and I haven't eaten lunch..... surprised

ROFL

So when does the draft start again?

Back to top Go down
Mrs. Eternals

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Thu May 12, 2016 2:02 pm

Apalachicola Oysters wrote:
eating popcorn

eating popcorn eating popcorn

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Thu May 12, 2016 2:27 pm

Keep it up, maybe you can send Andy to the padded room over this laughing

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Thu May 12, 2016 2:57 pm

lol 2

Is trudging through nonsense considered a skill?

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Thu May 12, 2016 3:35 pm

Fuck leave it where it is. I had no idea talking about it would get your panties in a wad. I'll let it go so you don't have an aneurysm.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Thu May 12, 2016 6:41 pm

Did someone say my panties were in a wad? If so, you tell them they are a dirty liar! lol3

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Thu May 12, 2016 7:18 pm

Did someone say my panties were in a wad?  If so, you tell them they are a dirty liar!  lol3

Did seem that way boss scared

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Thu May 12, 2016 9:59 pm

Heh, this is me shutting up, simply because I don't care when it starts.

Honestly,what's the big deal?

(Can of worms opened!)

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Thu May 12, 2016 11:31 pm

Atlanta Africans wrote:
Did someone say my panties were in a wad?  If so, you tell them they are a dirty liar!  lol3

Did seem that way boss scared

Why?

I merely pointed out that the opinions of others held no weight. I suppose I could have not responded at all or something.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Thu May 12, 2016 11:46 pm

I merely pointed out that the opinions of others held no weight.  I suppose I could have not responded at all or something.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Fri May 13, 2016 4:39 am

In my scanning of reading.......I thought this said "Dirty Pair" not Liar first time around. scratch

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Fri May 13, 2016 6:00 am

Indiana Mayhem wrote:

In my scanning of reading.......I thought this said "Dirty Pair" not Liar first time around.  scratch

I get it. I keep thinking we're having a Lego wars contest

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Fri May 13, 2016 7:10 am

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
Indiana Mayhem wrote:

In my scanning of reading.......I thought this said "Dirty Pair" not Liar first time around.  scratch

I get it. I keep thinking we're having a Lego wars contest

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Fri May 13, 2016 10:09 am

So are we starting the draft today at 1:28?  Is that PM or AM?  EST, CST, or are we going with the Brit's or Aussie's clocks?

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Fri May 13, 2016 10:11 am

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
So are we starting the draft today at 1:28?  Is that PM or AM?  EST, CST, or are we going with the Brit's or Aussie's clocks?

Couldn't possibly do it today. Hatebreed's Concrete Confessional came out today so I'm listening to that while making a new logo. No time to draft now buttercup!

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Fri May 13, 2016 10:22 am

Just a heads up, don't hate me if my 1.05 and 2.01 take a while on Sunday. My wife and I are going to be at a music festival (Northern Invasion) on Saturday and Sunday, all day. I may not get to the draft at all on Sunday unless the first 4 picks go really quick.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   

Back to top Go down

The 2016 Roster Wars Draft
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Main RW Lobby-
Jump to: