Password:
:: I forgot my password
x

Share | 

Zero Year Players ***The Official Thread***

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Zero Year Players ***The Official Thread***   Tue May 03, 2016 12:27 pm

For the 23 owners who read and follow directions, now that RFA is officially over we all are left with 0 year players that we either won in RFA or who were on our roster and received no interest.  

At this time, you are now free to release any 0 year players from your team that you have no intention of giving a contract to this summer.  You can released players that never went to auction and/or you can release 0 year players you won via RFA.  You may not release players who are under contract.

The deadline is this Friday May 6th at 1:00pm CT. All 0 year players on roster beyond this point will be owed at least a minimum 1 year deal by the contract deadline or dropping them beyond this deadline will come at the same cost as dropping a 1 year player.

Please do not fuck up this very simple task.  That would be divine.  Thank you!

Last edited by Minnesota Eternals on Fri May 06, 2016 2:35 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Zero Year Players ***The Official Thread***   Tue May 03, 2016 12:37 pm

Deadline?

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Zero Year Players ***The Official Thread***   Tue May 03, 2016 12:39 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
Deadline?

I just caught that too...updated OP.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Zero Year Players ***The Official Thread***   Tue May 03, 2016 12:40 pm

Done!

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Zero Year Players ***The Official Thread***   Tue May 03, 2016 12:49 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
For the 23 owners who read and follow directions, now that RFA is officially over we all are left with 0 year players that we either won in RFA or who were on our roster and received no interest.  

Please do not fuck up this very simple task.  That would be divine.  Thank you!

I see what you did there.

troll

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Zero Year Players ***The Official Thread***   Tue May 03, 2016 1:05 pm

Why do my guys show up as having 1 year contracts on the transaction screen after I drop them?

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Zero Year Players ***The Official Thread***   Tue May 03, 2016 1:07 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
Why do my guys show up as having 1 year contracts on the transaction screen after I drop them?

hmmm...I dunno. I'll look into it.

Good news, I am checking the emails against my screenshots of the rosters so you're all good. If someone drops a contracted player it will not get by me and they will be charged accordingly...and mocked appropriately.

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Zero Year Players ***The Official Thread***   Tue May 03, 2016 1:11 pm

I like official threads.

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: Zero Year Players ***The Official Thread***   Tue May 03, 2016 1:16 pm

Took care of my drops, thanks :)

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Zero Year Players ***The Official Thread***   Tue May 03, 2016 1:18 pm

I should be just about done with the trimming. Thanks captain.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Zero Year Players ***The Official Thread***   Tue May 03, 2016 1:22 pm

Done

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Zero Year Players ***The Official Thread***   Tue May 03, 2016 1:24 pm

I takes 2 seconds but does anyone else just LOVE kicking dead weight to the curb? I like it way more than I should....haha

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Zero Year Players ***The Official Thread***   Tue May 03, 2016 1:26 pm

I takes 2 seconds but does anyone else just LOVE kicking dead weight to the curb?  I like it way more than I should....haha

I'm personally filled with self doubt and WHAT IF's.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Zero Year Players ***The Official Thread***   Tue May 03, 2016 1:33 pm

I like kicking all the 0 year bums off my team. Damn guys got annoying to look at for the last few months

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Zero Year Players ***The Official Thread***   Tue May 03, 2016 1:34 pm

DONE! That felt good.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Zero Year Players ***The Official Thread***   Tue May 03, 2016 1:38 pm

Tarpon Springs RedKnights wrote:
Took care of my drops, thanks :)

These players you dropped Sty are Disney Drops!!!

(or are you back home now?)

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Zero Year Players ***The Official Thread***   Tue May 03, 2016 1:43 pm

You guys and gals are dropping players and still have over 40 players on your roster!? I'm cutting all my dead weight, except for Coons.

I guess I'm not about depth, so that's why I don't see the need to keep some of these guys around and take up extra contract years space shrug

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Zero Year Players ***The Official Thread***   Tue May 03, 2016 1:48 pm

Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
You guys and gals are dropping players and still have over 40 players on your roster!?  I'm cutting all my dead weight, except for Coons.  

I guess I'm not about depth, so that's why I don't see the need to keep some of these guys around and take up extra contract years space shrug  

I have 58 players on my roster. I traded my picks for players because I hate this draft, so I only have 1 pick remaining so this is my squad. I won 14 players in RFA. I have 27 men to give contracts to counting my tags and the players who were not bid on, I am fine with 58, seems like a decent number for me.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Zero Year Players ***The Official Thread***   Tue May 03, 2016 1:55 pm

My team had 83 players when I took it over. Gonna need several cuts to bring it to a manageable size.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Zero Year Players ***The Official Thread***   Tue May 03, 2016 2:08 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
My team had 83 players when I took it over. Gonna need several cuts to bring it to a manageable size.

Yeah, saw you had cut 21 players and said more to come. You are down to 69 players. Good work so far.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Zero Year Players ***The Official Thread***   Tue May 03, 2016 2:20 pm

You guys and gals are dropping players and still have over 40 players on your roster!?  I'm cutting all my dead weight, except for Coons.  

How many would you like me to have?

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Zero Year Players ***The Official Thread***   Tue May 03, 2016 2:23 pm

Indiana Mayhem wrote:

How many would you like me to have?

Lol. My limit is around 40, but you can have however many you want. I guess I just can't fathom having anymore than that on my roster. If I have too many my mind goes crazy dizzy . I'm already crazy and I don't need to make myself anymore crazier laughing

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Zero Year Players ***The Official Thread***   Tue May 03, 2016 3:02 pm

Ideally I'd like about 60 players on my final roster, that's not going to happen this year. I like to have depth and players I consider to have higher likelihood of success. I also took too many risks on players (more than normal) this year. The downside of the bigger roster is less room for waiver wire pickups during the season for some key pieces.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Zero Year Players ***The Official Thread***   Tue May 03, 2016 3:49 pm

Damn, that felt good...

laughing

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Zero Year Players ***The Official Thread***   Tue May 03, 2016 4:00 pm

England Dragons wrote:
Damn, that felt good...

laughing

Heh, I was so happy to see that post. Feels like I'm making progress!!

Shut up, I may not be, just don't point it out!!

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Zero Year Players ***The Official Thread***   Tue May 03, 2016 6:48 pm

Got an answer from MFL about why players show a 1 year deal on the transactions report even though I don't completely understand it...anyway it just had to do with the default contract setting being on 1 instead of 0 I guess so it should be fixed going forward even though my system for monitoring all this shit was fine anyway.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Zero Year Players ***The Official Thread***   Tue May 03, 2016 6:50 pm

Thanks for the clarification. I was confident that it would be resolved.

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: Zero Year Players ***The Official Thread***   Tue May 03, 2016 7:51 pm

Sorry Andy. I was too eager to get rid of some of these bums.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Zero Year Players ***The Official Thread***   Tue May 03, 2016 8:35 pm

Naperville Divine wrote:
Sorry Andy.  I was too eager to get rid of some of these bums.

You shall be judged next year when do or don't do it again. hammer

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Zero Year Players ***The Official Thread***   Tue May 03, 2016 8:42 pm

Bastards picked my roster to the bone in RFA...

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Zero Year Players ***The Official Thread***   Wed May 04, 2016 7:34 am

Atlanta Africans wrote:

I only had one player on my roster nominated in RFA and I retained him for next to nothing.

Neutral

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Zero Year Players ***The Official Thread***   Wed May 04, 2016 10:27 am

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
Atlanta Africans wrote:

I only had one player on my roster nominated in RFA and I retained him for next to nothing.  

Neutral

So basically you're saying you suck at acquiring talent tongue

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Zero Year Players ***The Official Thread***   Wed May 04, 2016 10:38 am

Atlanta Africans wrote:
Atlanta Africans wrote:

Neutral

So basically you're saying you suck at acquiring talent tongue

Story of my life.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Zero Year Players ***The Official Thread***   Wed May 04, 2016 11:10 am

Atlanta Africans wrote:

Neutral

I wish more would have been picked from my roster. Would've saved me time dropping players

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Zero Year Players ***The Official Thread***   Fri May 06, 2016 2:34 pm

The deadline has passed so all 0-year players are now owed a contract. Releasing of players from this point on will be subject to our bylaws governing that topic. That means 0-year players dropped will be charged as if they are a 1 year deal since they are owed that at minimum.

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Zero Year Players ***The Official Thread***   Sat May 07, 2016 7:16 pm

Got an answer from MFL about why players show a 1 year deal on the transactions report even though I don't completely understand it...anyway it just had to do with the default contract setting being on 1 instead of 0 I guess so it should be fixed going forward even though my system for monitoring all this shit was fine anyway.

I think the deal here is that you need to manually change the default setting to 1 when the playing season starts and then back to 0 when season ends.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Zero Year Players ***The Official Thread***   Sun May 08, 2016 5:10 am

San Francisco Golddiggers wrote:

I think the deal here is that you need to manually change the default setting to 1 when the playing season starts and then back to 0 when season ends.

Which I do every year but switching it from 1 back to 0 is easily forgettable because there isn't a specific day that I need to do it like there is when I switch it from 0 to 1.

Back to top Go down
Shaferville Stars

PostSubject: Re: Zero Year Players ***The Official Thread***   Sun May 08, 2016 7:35 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:

Jesus, you have 83 players on your roster? I love this league!
Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Zero Year Players ***The Official Thread***   Sun May 08, 2016 9:25 pm

Shaferville Stars wrote:
Bergen Brawlers wrote:

Jesus, you have 83 players on your roster? I love this league!

Actually, I think that it may have grown to the mid-90s at some point during free agency. But now back to a more reasonable number.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zero Year Players ***The Official Thread***   

Back to top Go down

Zero Year Players ***The Official Thread***
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Main RW Lobby-
Jump to: