HomeLog inRegisterFAQSearch

Share | 

Blaine Gabbert QB SF

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Blaine Gabbert QB SF   Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:43 pm

Rotoworld) "To a man," every one of Blaine Gabbert's teammates queried by CBSSports.com's Pete Prisco professed faith in the quarterback's toughness.
Analysis: Gabbert's toughness was questioned by analysts throughout the season, in large part because he was timid in the face of pressure -- real or imagined. "You watch what he does this year," one teammate said. "All that stuff got way overblown. He's on a mission to prove everybody wrong. I've seen guys who aren't tough. He isn't one of them." Prisco, a national writer based out of Jacksonville, insists Gabbert is fixable because he is "smart, has a big arm, can make all the throws" and is willing to work.

He better be tough cause these D's are gonna kill this dude.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Blaine Gabbert QB SF   Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:15 am

I think this guy is salvageable. He was way over-drafted, but I don't think he'll be one of the worst QB's in the league a year from now.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Blaine Gabbert QB SF   Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:22 am

Without anyone to throw to (And I don't think Robinson is a huge improvement) he will never be successful.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Blaine Gabbert QB SF   Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:16 am

Blaine Gabbert = David Carr

Ruined by the Team/System

Back to top Go down
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Re: Blaine Gabbert QB SF   Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:21 am

Colorado Screaming Eagles wrote:
Blaine Gabbert = David Carr

Ruined by the Team/System

Nuff said

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Blaine Gabbert QB SF   Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:05 pm

Quote :
Jacksonville Jaguars QB Blaine Gabbert has shown through the early stages of training camp that he is not yet ready to take the next step as a starting quarterback. Although Gabbert's footwork has improved, he continues to throw an occasional ball into the ground well in front of an intended receiver on a play.

I know James holds out hope for this guy but I really don't see it. Henne will start at some point this year and after that happens Blaine will be well and truly crushed.

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Blaine Gabbert QB SF   Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:12 pm

Yep I am a Blaine Gabbert fan haha. I just give him the benefit of the doubt. And if I can get him as a throw in on a trade or off of the waiver wire, I will let him hold a roster spot. I won't count on him to get my any Fantasy points, just a simple hold

Back to top Go down
http://www.fakeplastictunes.com/
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Blaine Gabbert QB SF   Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:15 am

I have Gabbert on a team I took over last year. I'm looking to get what I can. scared behind couch

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Blaine Gabbert QB SF   Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:17 pm

Quote :
Gabbert completed five-of-10 passes for 62 yards and one touchdown for a 102.9 rating on the Jags' opening two drives of the preseason against the Giants. Analysis: Gabbert had an electric opening drive, looking poised in the pocket while hitting Cecil Shorts in the endzone after an 89-yard touchdown drive. His second possession, however, didn't go as smoothly as his pocket collapsed and he flinched in the face of the rush. All in all, a mixed bag from Gabbert, but the team has to be impressed by what he showed early, especially without Maurice Jones-Drew and Justin Blackmon.

I watched this game and he really did look like a different player on that first drive. Then he came back to earth on the second Laughing

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Blaine Gabbert QB SF   Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:54 am

Quote :
Jacksonville Jaguars QB Blaine Gabbert said the critics who say he plays scared in the pocket do not know what they are talking about and could not do his job. "I think that's part of our job description: Deal with the crap," Gabbert said. "But for people to say (I'm scared), I just don't understand it. They've never played in the NFL. They really don't know what goes on, or what happens. So that argument, I think, is just a copout for people to make because they're - I don't want to necessarily want to say jealous - but, they couldn't do my job. And that's the truth."

Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Blaine Gabbert QB SF   Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:41 am

I couldn't do his job. He still sucks. But who knows, maybe he is the type of guy that will be motivated by the critics and get his game together. I still have my doubts.

Back to top Go down
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Re: Blaine Gabbert QB SF   Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:33 pm

Jersey Legionnaires wrote:
Quote :
Jacksonville Jaguars QB Blaine Gabbert said the critics who say he plays scared in the pocket do not know what they are talking about and could not do his job. "I think that's part of our job description: Deal with the crap," Gabbert said. "But for people to say (I'm scared), I just don't understand it. They've never played in the NFL. They really don't know what goes on, or what happens. So that argument, I think, is just a copout for people to make because they're - I don't want to necessarily want to say jealous - but, they couldn't do my job. And that's the truth."

Rolling Eyes

SUCK SUCK SUCK....this guy will never be anything no! no! no!

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Blaine Gabbert QB SF   Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:40 pm

I didnt think he looked that bad against the saints on the first two drives either. Maybe he....Nahhh

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Blaine Gabbert QB SF   Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:44 am

Quote :
Jaguars QB Blaine Gabbert injured his left shoulder and was forced from the game Sunday against Oakland.

Analysis: Early reports called it a torn labrum in his left shoulder, but he'll see Dr. James Andrews on Tuesday. Neither Gabbert or his backup, Chad Henne, have proven to be fantasy-worthy.

Wasteland.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Blaine Gabbert QB SF   Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:34 am

Was not happy when Miami let Chad go. Thought he was never really given a chance. Hope he steps up here.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Blaine Gabbert QB SF   Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:03 pm

Quote :
Chad Henne came in for injured Jacksonville quarterback Blaine Gabbert and ended up having a monster game on Sunday. Henne finished the day with 354 yards and four TD passes. Analysis: Despite completing less than 50 percent of his passes, Henne was able to compile a brilliant 126.8 QB rating for the game. This could be the shot in the arm Jaguars coach Mike Mularkey needed to finally realize that Henne is more equipped for the job than Gabbert.

Should be the beginning of the end for this pile of suck.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Blaine Gabbert QB SF   Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:29 pm

Quote :
The Jacksonville Jaguars have placed QB Blaine Gabbert and WR Laurent Robinson on Injured Reserve.

Analysis: Gabbert has shoulder issues that will require offseason surgery as well as a forearm injury that won't need surgical attention; Chad Henne will take over under center. Robinson suffered a concussion earlier in the season, briefly returned, and is now done for the year. Rookie Justin Blackmon and Cecil Shorts have stepped up as the Jaguars' go-to receivers in Robinson's absence.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Blaine Gabbert QB SF   Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:00 pm

Quote :
Jacksonville Jaguars head coach Gus Bradley said Friday, Feb. 8, that he has visited with QB Blaine Gabbert and he has been very impressed. "We're looking for improvement (in his third year). We need to build around him. We'll upgrade whenever we can upgrade," Bradley said. Analysis: All indications are that the Jaguars' new administration will give Gabbert at least one more season to stake a claim on the starting gig. With the running game switching to a zone-blocking scheme, Jacksonville will have plenty to work on offensively.

Odds on Henne starting again?

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Blaine Gabbert QB SF   Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:31 am

Quote :
Jaguars.com isn't ruling out the Jags taking West Virginia QB Geno Smith at No. 2 overall. Analysis: It speaks volumes about where the new braintrust stands on Blaine Gabbert. Smith would be a reach at No. 2, but has a brighter future than Gabbert. It's also possible the Jags could feign interest in Smith to create a market for the pick.

Only a matter of time.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Blaine Gabbert QB SF   Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:58 am

Love me some Blaine Gabbert news.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Blaine Gabbert QB SF   Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:16 am

Quote :
Gabbert (shoulder/forearm) will take part in the Jaguars' first offseason activities when they commence in mid-April, the Florida Times-Union reports. Analysis: Following November surgery to repair a torn labrum in his left shoulder, Gabbert was recently cleared by the renowned Dr. James Andrews to expand his activity level. The team is more concerned about his right forearm injury, which he suffered against the Texans last season when safety Danieal Manning's facemask smashed into his arm. However, time (and rehab) has worked wonders, and he'll soon get to work in his imminent quarterback battle with Chad Henne.

I literally read that as "torn labia."

Back to top Go down
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Re: Blaine Gabbert QB SF   Wed May 08, 2013 11:49 am

(KFFL) Jacksonville Jaguars general manager David Caldwell said QB Blaine Gabbert will get a fair shot to prove he's the quarterback of the future.

You get one more chance to show us you dont belong in the league. Have at it!

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Blaine Gabbert QB SF   Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:51 pm

Quote :
The Florida Times-Union expects Blaine Gabbert to win the Jaguars' starting quarterback job "barring a horrific August." Analysis: Gabbert will face competition from veteran Chad Henne, but is considered the favorite to open the season as the Week 1 starter. The Florida Times-Union doesn't list recently-signed QB Mike Kafka in their initial projection of the Jaguars' 53-man roster.

They might as well. They certainly aren't winning any championships with Henne either. Better to start Gabbert for all 16 games and, if they tank... I'm sorry... WHEN they tank, nobody will be able to raise any objection when they draft his replacement next year.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Blaine Gabbert QB SF   Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:07 pm

I wonder what adjective they would use to describe his performance to date...

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Blaine Gabbert QB SF   Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:13 pm

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
I wonder what adjective they would use to describe his performance to date...

Jesus fucking H.

I'm NOT defending this POS QB. I want to make that clear.

But many people have said that he was thrown to the wolves too soon. With no real weapons or offensive line. He still doesn't really have any weapons and I still don't like that O-Line. He'll be without Blackmon for the start of the season so all he really has is Shorts. This fucking guy was setup to fail from the get-go.

Could he have been Peyton Manning? Fuck no.

Could he have been an Alex Smith/Ryan Fitzpatrick/Jay Cutler type? Maybe.

I think that he's been mentally destroyed now. He has no confidence (nor should he really.) He plays scared (understandably) and doesn't have much pocket presence. Maybe Luke Joeckel will give him the protection he needs. Maybe not.

Plus I fucking hate Gabbert's hair.

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Blaine Gabbert QB SF   Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:20 pm

rotoworld wrote:
Blaine Gabbert has been diagnosed with a sprained right ankle after getting "stepped on" in Monday's practice, and will undergo further testing.
Gabbert needed the assistance of a cart to depart for the locker room, but the consensus among the media in attendance was that the injury didn't appear serious. Gabbert was stinking up the joint before going down, making himself a part of nine straight incompletions by the Jaguars' quarterbacks. That's hard to do in September, let alone July. A high-ankle sprain would likely sideline Gabbert deep into the preseason, and severely damage his chances of outmaneuvering Chad Hanne.

Back to top Go down
http://www.fakeplastictunes.com/
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: Blaine Gabbert QB SF   Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:23 pm

Utah Spazz wrote:
Blaine Gabbert has been diagnosed with a sprained right ankle after getting "stepped on" in Monday's practice, and will undergo further testing.
Gabbert needed the assistance of a cart to depart for the locker room, but the consensus among the media in attendance was that the injury didn't appear serious. Gabbert was stinking up the joint before going down, making himself a part of nine straight incompletions by the Jaguars' quarterbacks. That's hard to do in September, let alone July. A high-ankle sprain would likely sideline Gabbert deep into the preseason, and severely damage his chances of outmaneuvering Chad Hanne.

Wow and to think for a low price of WB's or picks Chad Henne is available! Also if you are one of the first 100 trade offerers I will throw in 1 wb in return!

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Blaine Gabbert QB SF   Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:53 am

Must watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09oUUhkSxbQ

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Blaine Gabbert QB SF   Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:22 am

Adelaide Empire wrote:
Must watch.

ROTFLMAO  Blaine is a real American!

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Blaine Gabbert QB SF   Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:22 am

Adelaide Empire wrote:
Must watch.

3:55 I will never get back. At my age, that means something.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Blaine Gabbert QB SF   Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:17 am

Decatur Demons wrote:
Adelaide Empire wrote:
Must watch.

3:55 I will never get back. At my age, that means something.
You watched the entire thing? LOL

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Blaine Gabbert QB SF   Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:42 am

Arse. All Shorts / Blackmon owners were hoping for the opposite.

Blaine Gabbert's (sprained right thumb) X-rays came back negative.

He'll be re-evaluated on Sunday, and should be considered day to day. Gabbert still has a chance to start next Saturday's dress rehearsal against the Eagles. It's something the Jaguars will be pulling for after Chad Henne looked dreadful against the Jets.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Blaine Gabbert QB SF   Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:17 am

Quote :
The bad news is that Gabbert's thumb injury has been diagnosed as a broken thumb. The good news (at least for clarity's sake) is that the Jaguars have declared Gabbert as their Week 1 starter. And clearly the injury isn't too serious.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Blaine Gabbert QB SF   Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:07 pm

Wow. The Jaguars really need to figure out a QB. Does anyone not think they have the worst tandem in the league? I guess it could be a literal crap shoot between the Jags and Jets, but yikes.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Blaine Gabbert QB SF   Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:48 pm

Who cares?

Really....

Who fucking cares?????????????????????

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Blaine Gabbert QB SF   Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:54 am

Decatur Demons wrote:
Who cares?

Really....

Who fucking cares?????????????????????
Cecil Shorts owners care! And the news isn't good...:

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Blaine Gabbert (thumb) is expected to start Sunday's opener against the Chiefs.

As expected. Gabbert was listed as questionable on the injury report but took most of the reps in Friday's practice, an indication he was ready to go. He's well off the fantasy radar this week, even in 2QB leagues. Look for Maurice Jones-Drew to carry the mail for the Jaguars. He's our No. 16 running back.

vote no 

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Blaine Gabbert QB SF   Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:41 pm

Quote :
Arrington was on the field for all 64 of the Patriots' snaps on defense in Sunday's season-opening win over the Bills. Analysis: Arrington recorded four tackles and two forced fumbles and if he continues to see consistent playing time, he could re-emerge as a viable IDP option after recording 74 tackles (but no picks) in 2012.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Destroyers

PostSubject: Re: Blaine Gabbert QB SF   Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:46 pm

Quote :
Arrington was on the field for all 64 of the Patriots' snaps on defense in Sunday's season-opening win over the Bills. Analysis: Arrington recorded four tackles and two forced fumbles and if he continues to see consistent playing time, he could re-emerge as a viable IDP option after recording 74 tackles (but no picks) in 2012.
scratch

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Blaine Gabbert QB SF   Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:58 pm

Minnesota Destroyers wrote:
Quote :
scratch
Come on Matt, think about it. It's relevant to Gabbert because, er, you know, that thing that might have happened once.

You remember?

Don't you?

shrug 

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Destroyers

PostSubject: Re: Blaine Gabbert QB SF   Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:01 pm

England Dragons wrote:
Minnesota Destroyers wrote:
Quote :
scratch
Come on Matt, think about it. It's relevant to Gabbert because, er, you know, that thing that might have happened once.

You remember?

Don't you?

shrug 
Uh, yeah...I think I remember that.... scratch

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Blaine Gabbert QB SF   Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:04 pm

useless 

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Blaine Gabbert QB SF   Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:52 pm

Fuck all. Copied and pasted the wrong article. This fuck nugget is going to miss some time and Henne is starting. Not that anyone really cares.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Destroyers

PostSubject: Re: Blaine Gabbert QB SF   Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:32 pm

Fuck all.  Copied and pasted the wrong article.  This fuck nugget is going to miss some time and Henne is starting.  Not that anyone really cares.
Jax receivers probably care....

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Blaine Gabbert QB SF   Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:51 pm

Fuck all.  Copied and pasted the wrong article.  This fuck nugget is going to miss some time and Henne is starting.  Not that anyone really cares.
I care. vote yes 

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Blaine Gabbert QB SF   Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:37 am

England Dragons wrote:
I care. vote yes 
Why???

I'm still not sure he should be listed as a QB.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Blaine Gabbert QB SF   Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:22 pm

Decatur Demons wrote:
England Dragons wrote:
I care. vote yes 
Why???

I have Mr. Shorts in most of my leagues. Mr. Shorts is considerably better with Mr. Henne playing QB, as, you know, the ball goes in the general direction of the intended target when it's thrown.

This is not the case when Blaine Cuntface is throwing it.

eating popcorn 

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Blaine Gabbert QB SF   Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:19 pm

England Dragons wrote:
Decatur Demons wrote:
England Dragons wrote:
I care. vote yes 
Why???

I have Mr. Shorts in most of my leagues. Mr. Shorts is considerably better with Mr. Henne playing QB, as, you know, the ball goes in the general direction of the intended target when it's thrown.

eating popcorn 
LMAO, I meant Mr. Gabby, since, you know,

THIS IS HIS FUCKING THREAD

Knobend

ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO 

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Blaine Gabbert QB SF   Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:44 pm

Decatur Demons wrote:
England Dragons wrote:
Decatur Demons wrote:
England Dragons wrote:
I care. vote yes 
Why???

eating popcorn 
LMAO, I meant Mr. Gabby, since, you know,

THIS IS HIS FUCKING THREAD

Knobend

ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO 
Don't fucking blame me. That Justin fella started posting random news about other players.

At least I was talking about someone on his bloody team!

shut up 

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: Blaine Gabbert QB SF   Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:55 pm

Gabby was a poor pick one that the Jaguars regret. Well they are not the only ones. Ponder. Locker. Terrible draft for QBs. Geno Smith looks better than all three right now. Yeah I said it.

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Blaine Gabbert QB SF   Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:16 pm

An injury is exactly what JAX needed. Now they can put Henne in without causing an uproar.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blaine Gabbert QB SF   

Back to top Go down

Blaine Gabbert QB SF
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: