:: I forgot my password
x

Share | 

Josh Norman DB WAS

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Josh Norman DB WAS   Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:35 pm

Couldn't believe there wasn't a thread on him already!

Quote :
Panthers assigned the non-exclusive franchise tag to CB Josh Norman.

With talks reportedly going nowhere, this move was widely expected. Norman will earn $13.952 million if he plays out 2016 on the tag. The Panthers would like to sign him to a long-term deal prior to the July 15 deadline, but the two sides appear far apart in negotiations. Norman is reportedly looking for at least $14 million annually on his next deal.

Dude is going to get PAID!

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Josh Norman DB WAS   Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:38 pm

Quote :
The Panthers have rescinded the non-exclusive franchise tag on CB Josh Norman immediately making him an unrestricted free agent.

Whoa. Didn't see this coming.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Josh Norman DB WAS   Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:48 pm

surprised

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Josh Norman DB WAS   Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:48 pm

Does he want money or wins????

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Josh Norman DB WAS   Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:30 pm

Norfolk Bombers wrote:
Does he want money or wins????

He will go for money. Just my bet. Tons of it too.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Josh Norman DB WAS   Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:49 pm

Panthers are doing the right thing, he is a good corner and a playmaker for sure, but he wants shut down corner money... the only problem is he isn't a shut down corner, he just isn't.... the fact that he isn't a shut down corner is why he is still a valuable IDP, he actually gets thrown at quite often...

Good luck to him getting all he can, somebody is likely to overpay for his services...

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Josh Norman DB WAS   Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:54 pm

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
Panthers are doing the right thing,   he is a good corner and a playmaker for sure,  but he wants shut down corner money...   the only problem is he isn't a shut down corner,   he just isn't....   the fact that he isn't a shut down corner is why he is still a valuable IDP,  he actually gets thrown at quite often...

Good luck to him getting all he can,  somebody is likely to overpay for his services...

Completely agree. He's good, but he's not a top corner. He played well, but not $15 million a year well, my God.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Josh Norman DB WAS   Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:58 pm

He wasn't that good an Idp player 2nd half when people stopped throwing at him...

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Josh Norman DB WAS   Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:29 pm

I don't think there's enough money now for him to get a long term contract that would average even the franchise tag amount.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Josh Norman DB WAS   Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:51 am

San Francisco Golddiggers wrote:
I don't think there's enough money now for him to get a long term contract that would average even the franchise tag amount.

JVille and SF both are $50 million under the cap.... Doesn't Miami still have a lot of money?

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Josh Norman DB WAS   Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:02 am

I remember a few years back a team put a tag on a guy and he immediately went in and signed the tender. Totally surprised the team. I'm surprised Norman didnt' quickly sign his as well and then negotiate.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Josh Norman DB WAS   Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:21 am

Whiskey Creek Gadabouts wrote:
I remember a few years back a team put a tag on a guy and he immediately went in and signed the tender.  Totally surprised the team.  I'm surprised Norman didnt' quickly sign his as well and then negotiate.

I saw that a few guys did this year. But I think that there is something about the cornerback mentality that makes them think that they are the best -- they need it to do what they do play after play.  I think that Norman got so caught up in the hype and overvalued his worth that he didn't even think that this was an option.  But I think that, for most guys, signing the tender is the best way to go because it starts negotiations at the franchise tender number and the team needs to make the offer better to get you to sign.  And it puts a July 15th deadline on the team to get the deal done.

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Josh Norman DB WAS   Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:57 am

He's also older than people realize. He "broke out" last year as a 28 year old. Giving that kind of money to a 29 year old corner who has only done it for 1 year... No thanks.

Smart move by the Panthers. They may not find someone of his caliber right away, but, for that type of $$, they can make due at CB and use that money elsewhere.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Josh Norman DB WAS   Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:03 am

North Wales Knights wrote:
He's also older than people realize.  He "broke out" last year as a 28 year old.  Giving that kind of money to a 29 year old corner who has only done it for 1 year... No thanks.

Smart move by the Panthers.  They may not find someone of his caliber right away, but, for that type of $$, they can make due at CB and use that money elsewhere.

I just saw that on another message board and it really surprised me.  I thought that he was closer to 25 but it looks like he may have been 25 when he entered the league.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Josh Norman DB WAS   Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:06 am

It would be interesting if he landed in Jacksonville, that team is getting better, they could make some noise...

They had so much money under the cap they paid starter money to guys like Chris Ivory to come in and be a short yardage/ goal line/ backup RB... so they could certainly overpay a guy like Norman and not feel it for a couple of years...

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Josh Norman DB WAS   Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:34 pm

If it's $ he wants...Hello Redskins! cash

San Fran looks to be in the running as well...

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Josh Norman DB WAS   Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:35 pm

I want it to the be the skins, so we can see All Norman vs OBJ twice a year!

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Josh Norman DB WAS   Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:15 pm

I hope he doesn't go to the Redskins. If he does, I'll kick myself for letting Breeland go. That'd be a nasty duo. Probably the best in the league.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Josh Norman DB WAS   Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:06 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
I hope he doesn't go to the Redskins. If he does, I'll kick myself for letting Breeland go. That'd be a nasty duo. Probably the best in the league.

yes   Yup; exactly my thoughts.  Breeland played hurt most of last year and, the skins were horrid at CB.  This makes sense for everyone, Norman gets paid, RS shore up their corners...Win-Win.

Last edited by Oaktown Malosos on Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Josh Norman DB WAS   Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:05 pm

Signed with th skins. 5 years, 75 mil. Cue the 'classic redskins' comments...

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Josh Norman DB WAS   Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:09 pm

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
Signed with th skins. 5 years, 75 mil. Cue the 'classic redskins' comments...

As a fan, yeah it's a lot, but it fills a need, and the skins have an awesome CB tandem now. Can focus on either safety or DL in the draft now, and in a division with OBJ and Dez it can surely help to have a shutdown corner. Hoping he is motivated to show that CAR made a mistake by letting him go (Steve Smith), and not just out for the $$

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Josh Norman DB WAS   Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:53 pm

Classic Redskins. coffee

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Josh Norman DB WAS   Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:37 pm

With this signing, Breeland is probably going to be the #1 CB this year. He is going to get a lot of targets, but he is good too, so it's pretty much pick your poison

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Josh Norman DB WAS   Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:40 am

I heard the deal is more like a 2 year 36 mil base with a bunch of options in the years after...

A probable overpay, but not a horrible Redskins deal like I would expect.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Josh Norman DB WAS   Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:11 pm

North Wales Knights wrote:
I heard the deal is more like a 2 year 36 mil base with a bunch of options in the years after...

A probable overpay, but not a horrible Redskins deal like I would expect.

Yup they pretty much get to decide in 2yrs whether to keep him so big chunk of $ in the short term but not locked into a long term deal if it goes bad

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Josh Norman DB WAS   Fri May 26, 2017 8:17 am

he's nuts.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2711580-josh-norman-the-nfls-last-true-warrior-is-ready-to-let-all-hell-break-loose?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

From the article:
Josh freaking Norman wrote:

Do you really see yourself as that last samurai, the last soldier, fighting for the good of the game? The league's changing. Everyone around you is changing. And you're saying F that.

I'm the last of the Mohicans that's standing, that is in that mindset. ... What makes or breaks me is how I feel about how I do things and how I go about life inside those white lines because I'm a lion. That's why I'm so glad we got DJ (Swearinger) this year because he knows how we roll. When you have a guy like that who can back you up, man? It's so good.

That must help when you're going into games against Dez and Odell this season.

Trust me when I tell you, it's going to be bad blood this year. You think the NFC East didn't like each other before? This year right here? There's going to be a lot of fines and maybe some suspensions. I'm going to be honest with you: This shit is going to get really ugly. Because I do have a safety that don't give a fuck and I definitely don't. And I know they don't have that many people on the offense who do on their side.

And if it turns south like it did that last time, you're not holding back?

I'm letting all hell break loose.

Back to top Go down
Denver Demons

PostSubject: Re: Josh Norman DB WAS   Fri May 26, 2017 8:42 am

Whiskey Creek Gadabouts wrote:
he's nuts.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2711580-josh-norman-the-nfls-last-true-warrior-is-ready-to-let-all-hell-break-loose?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

From the article:
Josh freaking Norman wrote:

Do you really see yourself as that last samurai, the last soldier, fighting for the good of the game? The league's changing. Everyone around you is changing. And you're saying F that.

I'm the last of the Mohicans that's standing, that is in that mindset. ... What makes or breaks me is how I feel about how I do things and how I go about life inside those white lines because I'm a lion. That's why I'm so glad we got DJ (Swearinger) this year because he knows how we roll. When you have a guy like that who can back you up, man? It's so good.

That must help when you're going into games against Dez and Odell this season.

Trust me when I tell you, it's going to be bad blood this year. You think the NFC East didn't like each other before? This year right here? There's going to be a lot of fines and maybe some suspensions. I'm going to be honest with you: This shit is going to get really ugly. Because I do have a safety that don't give a fuck and I definitely don't. And I know they don't have that many people on the offense who do on their side.

And if it turns south like it did that last time, you're not holding back?

I'm letting all hell break loose.

He may be crazy, but damn it's fun to watch. Him and Swearinger? (a former Gamecock, so of course I love him) That's gonna make good tv.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Josh Norman DB WAS   Fri May 26, 2017 9:00 am

What a wack job. I am not a huge fan.

Back to top Go down
North Carolina Cobras

PostSubject: Re: Josh Norman DB WAS   Fri May 26, 2017 9:54 am

He is a bit of an idiot. I enjoy watching him play, but then he opens his mouth. Have to give him credit for the career he has had coming in as a 5th round pick from Coastal Carolina. Props to Coastal Carolina for joining the FBS this year in football.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Josh Norman DB WAS   Fri May 26, 2017 10:39 am

So that's what DB stands for...

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Josh Norman DB WAS   Fri May 26, 2017 11:37 am

lol3 cheers

Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: Josh Norman DB WAS   Fri May 26, 2017 11:38 am

He's a tool. His mouth is gonna write a check his butt can't cash as the saying goes.

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: Josh Norman DB WAS   Fri May 26, 2017 12:02 pm

ROFL

Back to top Go down
MobTown Ravens

PostSubject: Re: Josh Norman DB WAS   Sat May 27, 2017 3:54 pm

A top ten "all around corner"...yes...but majority of his 10 career picks have come against Tier 2 and 3 QBs and passing teams...
His comments are so bizarre, hard to take seriously....might not even be bulletin board material.

Back to top Go down
http://www.gomariposa.org/
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Josh Norman DB WAS   Sun May 28, 2017 8:44 am

I find Diva DB's way more annoying than Diva WR's. I believe I'd hate Norman even if he were on my team

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Josh Norman DB WAS   

Back to top Go down

Josh Norman DB WAS
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: