x

Share | 

Tag Talk

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:42 am

The TT compensation tags are very interesting. Looks like a lot of WB's might be spent there.

thinking2

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:19 pm

I knew a few people would pique at seeing Forte go for the comp tag. I may still just FT him. Undecided. Rivers getting extended is set in stone though.

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:22 pm

England Dragons wrote:
The TT compensation tags are very interesting. Looks like a lot of WB's might be spent there.

thinking2

I call bullshit on all the tags made so far nono , with the exception of Cobb.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:15 pm

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
Decatur Freakshow wrote:
Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
Quick question I was wondering about tagged RFA's.  Would it be okay for a team to negotiate a tag during RFA?  

For example, let's say I had franchise tagged a player, and there was a nomination by a team with multiple firsts.  During the RFA bidding process could I theoretically tell the team that if they bid with their earlier first the player is theirs?  Or would that be a form of collusion?

Don't think so. Other teams than the two of you would still have the ability to bid.

Right, but often a bid goes down to 2 managers going back and forth.  And regarding when this could happen, I'm imagining a team in a situation where they have a few picks close together (maybe like 1.07, 1,08, 1.09).  If he was bidding on a player I had placed a franchise tag on using the 1.09, and I continued matching his bids, I'm asking if I could say something along the lines of 'match, but if you bid with the 1.07 instead I'd let him go'.  For the bidding owner, maybe the bump up of a few picks might be worth getting his guy?

Again, obviously this isn't the norm as it hasn't happened yet through several RFA sessions.  Just thought of the scenario earlier and was curious how it would be received.  

my thought on this is that it should be ok - I mean I just see it as a part of negotiations - IMO I would rather have it out in the open then behind closed doors

I see it as the same thing as telling someone if they bid again that they can have a guy - not sure what the problem is

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:18 pm

Kane County Goon Squad wrote:
I see it as the same thing as telling someone if they bid again that they can have a guy - not sure what the problem is

Which, if done in private, is collusion in my opinion. I think if something along these lines should pass, the communication needs to be out in the open for everyone to see.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:25 pm

I have no problem with it all being in the open, but I guess I just don't see this kind of thing as collusion

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:55 am

Morrison Minions wrote:
Kane County Goon Squad wrote:

Which, if done in private, is collusion in my opinion. I think if something along these lines should pass, the communication needs to be out in the open for everyone to see.

Totally collusion in my book. The bidding should all be in the player thread in my opinion. Would suck to have a high bid and find out the owner back doored you and you lost the player having no control over it.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:36 am

I think the "Compensation" tag is really a cool deal. Still trying to figure out if I will even use it. Probably not, who the fuck would I tag? I don't have Alex anymore.

It will be interesting watching them play out in RFA.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:00 am

I am posting here about Sty and Dan's posting in the Tag threads. You guys are going to get your ass whooped. Andy is going to come down with the wrath of 10,000 fists.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:18 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
I am posting here about Sty and Dan's posting in the Tag threads. You guys are going to get your ass whooped. Andy is going to come down with the wrath of 10,000 fists.

If I have to say it again, you're right.

It's quite simple. Each team gets one post so when the deadline comes I can quickly get things done. People fucking off and yapping over there is wasting my time (now and/or later) so knock it off. Not to mention it could result in you getting fucked if I decide to be a lazy shit when it comes to figuring out which of your claims is the one I go with.

I expect we won't have to discuss this again.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:22 am

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
If I have to say it again, you're right.

It's quite simple.  Each team gets one post so when the deadline comes I can quickly get things done.  People fucking off and yapping over there is wasting my time (now and/or later) so knock it off.  Not to mention it could result in you getting fucked if I decide to be a lazy shit when it comes to figuring out which of your claims is the one I go with.

I expect we won't have to discuss this again.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:32 pm

Daaamnn! Andy told ya'll how it is!! Shocked

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:26 am

Updated the RFA spreadsheets to reflect tentative tags. Also caught everything up for recent trades. Will update each day. We all know these tags can change, but I like seeing the current picture when I look at the sheets.

Lemme know if you see something that is jacked up. Expect the possibility of up to 24 hour lag on updating tags until the deadline, though.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:29 am

Thanks for doing this.  Two thoughts, if I may suggest them: (1) update the 2016 to 2018 on the spreadsheet -- really minor issue but should be a quick fix, and (2) is it possible to make Super Tag, 1 year extension, and processed different colors.  On the second point, is the thought that those guys are removed from the pool so one color lets us know that they are not available?  If so, then it actually works.

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:37 am

Baja Beatniks wrote:
Updated the RFA spreadsheets to reflect tentative tags.  Also caught everything up for recent trades.  Will update each day.  We all know these tags can change, but I like seeing the current picture when I look at the sheets.

Lemme know if you see something that is jacked up.  Expect the possibility of up to 24 hour lag on updating tags until the deadline, though.

Corey your awesome, great job!

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:47 am

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
Thanks for doing this.  Two thoughts, if I may suggest them: (1) update the 2016 to 2018 on the spreadsheet -- really minor issue but should be a quick fix, and (2) is it possible to make Super Tag, 1 year extension, and processed different colors.  On the second point, is the thought that those guys are removed from the pool so one color lets us know that they are not available?  If so, then it actually works.

Yeah, historically we've used one color to signify guys that nobody can bid on because of the tag applied.  The same color is used to show a completed auction as well.  Basically, if you see a grayed out guy you can't do anything with them.

I don't follow you on updating 2016 to 2018. confused

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:52 am

Ignore the 2018 comment.  Only half way through my coffee.

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:53 am

lol 2 Livin' in the future. Better than livin' in the past I guess.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:10 am

I have a feeling the high priced RFA's that are CT'd aren't going to fetch what people are anticipating. My budget when bidding on a CT'd player is significantly lower than any other player give the fact that the WB's I give my opponent makes it less likely that I can sign more RFA's and it gives them an immediate advantage.

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:53 am

Muskego Muskies wrote:
I have a feeling the high priced RFA's that are CT'd aren't going to fetch what people are anticipating. My budget when bidding on a CT'd player is significantly lower than any other player give the fact that the WB's I give my opponent makes it less likely that I can sign more RFA's and it gives them an immediate advantage.

I'll be very curious to see if/how this plays into bidding. Makes sense that folks will want to keep bidding low knowing that it goes into an opponent's pocket. At the same time, everyone always likes to win players for cheap but that isn't enough to prevent bidding wars. If people opt to drop out earlier so the WB don't make it to their opponent, that is certainly good for someone.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:56 am

Muskego Muskies wrote:

This may be true but the same logic should also apply where you have to give up a draft pick to get an RFA, because the other owner gets something of value when you sign him.

I am still new to this but I think that another big depresser of bids will be the fact that the current owner cannot bid in these auctions.

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:16 am

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
I am still new to this but I think that another big depresser of bids will be the fact that the current owner cannot bid in these auctions.

good post (but it's depressor) tongue I'm an ass.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:19 am

I've got to get on my game today.  Corey's calling me out all over.  

A depressor deflates bids.

A depresser deflates ....?

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:39 am

Pain in the ass request. Any chance the RFA sheets can be sorted alphabetically instead of by team. I'd expect to see players at the top of the list to be bid on more than those at the bottom. Alphabetically seems like the most fair way.

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:07 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
Pain in the ass request. Any chance the RFA sheets can be sorted alphabetically instead of by team. I'd expect to see players at the top of the list to be bid on more than those at the bottom. Alphabetically seems like the most fair way.

Don't really agree that those at the top will draw more bids, but alphabetizing them certainly makes sense. Done.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:21 pm

Baja Beatniks wrote:
Morrison Minions wrote:

Don't really agree that those at the top will draw more bids, but alphabetizing them certainly makes sense.  Done.

You're amazing cheers

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:00 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
Baja Beatniks wrote:
Morrison Minions wrote:

Don't really agree that those at the top will draw more bids, but alphabetizing them certainly makes sense.  Done.

You're amazing cheers

Seconded. Amazing work - thanks to all involved.

cheers

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:10 pm

Nice job guys!

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:13 pm

carlton

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:12 pm

Yup, awesome. Thanks Corey!! Considering it's one of the few thing I do.....stare at the list........

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:37 am

Corey truly is the man. Huge help for me!

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:49 am

Corey is the Tim Tebow of RW. Loved by all, admired by most.

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:53 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

I've been hit with many well deserved insults and been called several things and hurt my feelers, but this one crushes.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:00 am

Baja Beatniks wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:

I've been hit with many well deserved insults and been called several things and hurt my feelers, but this one crushes.  

laughing  I was going to go on, but it was too painful.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:36 pm

Who pissed in Greg's cereal? first he posts penis pictures then he starts declining every tag? wow... talk about anger management issues.

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:52 pm

lol 2 ROFL

Not the first time I have heard that...today.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:19 am

Alright I'm done.

Matt Forte is now a Transition Tag
Philip River is a Comp Tag
And since Dez Bryant only had one year left, I extended him.

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:23 pm

Baja Beatniks wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:

ROFL lol 2 rofl ROTFLMAO Laughing Crying or Very sad tongue mock laughing

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:24 am

Don't let the comments get to you. You are way different than Tebow. He is a lefty and you are a righty:

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:05 pm

Yeah, playing with the Comp Tag. Considered it, but then none of you fuckers would bid on these pieces of shit, so just throw WB's away.

Shut up Shawn.

rofl lol3 tongue

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:31 pm

Decatur Freakshow wrote:
none of you fuckers would bid on these pieces of shit

pay attention

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:41 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
Decatur Freakshow wrote:
none of you fuckers would bid on these pieces of shit

pay attention

Decatur Freakshow wrote:
Shut up Shawn.

I think you missed that part..................

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:44 pm

Forte to NYJ and Benjy to SD and Gates sticking around for two more years makes me think I may want to hang onto those two. Decisions.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:24 pm

The Nineties have rescinded their FT on Chandler Jones after his move to ARI.

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:04 pm

New England Nineties wrote:

why? coffee

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:25 pm

California Nightmare wrote:

why? coffee

Lost a lot of value going to LB is my guess...

sad3

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:17 pm

Norfolk Bombers wrote:

why? coffee

sad3

True, On the other hand, and on a personal basis it works out perfect for me. I'm loaded at DE and have nothing at LB so I will take it.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:57 pm

Tarpon Springs RedKnights wrote:
Norfolk Bombers wrote:

why? coffee

sad3

True, On the other hand, and on a personal basis it works out perfect for me. I'm loaded at DE and have nothing at LB so I will take it.

Except how many rush OLBs are really even decent in RW...

(Hint it's less than 3 in the top 32)

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:08 am

The SilverBallers have also changed their contract extension to Coby Fleener after he signed with the Saints

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:32 am

Jones may be decent, but certainly not worth a FT. No way anyone will bid 50 WB on him as an RFA, even forgetting the 1st round pick.

That puts me in a spot where I may have an open FT. Might be looking around at some of your RFAs, TT.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   

Back to top Go down

Tag Talk
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Main RW Lobby-
Jump to: