Share | 

Coby Fleener TE NO

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Coby Fleener TE NO   Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:00 pm

Cosell on Fleener

(Rotoworld) NFL Films guru Greg Cosell believes Stanford TE Coby Fleener has the ability to "attack vertical seams," and likens him to Owen Daniels. Analysis: Cosell also calls Fleener a "fluid route runner" who is efficient off the line of scrimmage. Although still somewhat raw as a blocker, Fleener's athleticism and monster receiving potential have him locked in as a first-round pick.
Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Coby Fleener TE NO   Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:13 pm

Fleener is my favorite TE in this draft by a thin margin. Honestly I liked Charles better until his DUI. I think landing spot will be the deciding factor between these two guys.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Coby Fleener TE NO   Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:08 pm

I hate this time of year. What's for real and what's smokescreen? IMHO if the scout is anonymous I say it's BULLSHIT.

Quote :
Stanford's Coby Fleener, considered by many to be the top tight end prospect, "might be the most overrated guy in the draft," one scout told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, via ProFootballTalk.com.

Fleener, who has drawn first-round interest for his athleticism, was pegged by the anonymous scout as a "red-zone, jump-ball player."

"He's awful as a blocker," the scout said. "Despite his workout numbers he's really not a quick-twitch, dynamic-moving guy. He's a straight-line, build-up player. All these reports about him being an athlete and this and that, they're assuming that because he ran fast."

Fleener, who ran an unofficial 4.45-second 40-yard dash at the Stanford pro day, is NFL.com personnel guru Gil Brandt's 32nd-best player in this year's draft. Fleener hauled in 96 catches for 1,543 yards and 18 touchdowns in college, primarily catching passes from Andrew Luck, likely to be the top draft pick.

But another scout told the Journal Sentinel that Fleener was "a smart guy with a real good feel for route running."

"He's more of a long-stretch tight end," Tampa Bay Buccaneers general manager Mark Dominik told the newspaper.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Coby Fleener TE NO   Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:26 am

I think he's pretty over-rated too. If he goes in the 1st round, he owes Aaron Hernandez a fruit basket.

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: Coby Fleener TE NO   Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:31 pm

Fleener may have a decent career, but Antonio Gates he is not. He can't block a lick and that may limit his potential depending on what team drafts him. He's the #2 TE on my list behind Dwayne Allen. Allen has the potential to be beastly. But again, all depends on who drafts him. Opportunity is everything.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Coby Fleener TE NO   Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:31 pm

Quote :
Fleener (shoulder) participated in practice Wednesday, Mike Chappell of the Indianapolis Star reports. Analysis: It looks like Fleener has a shot to suit up Sunday against the Bills, but it's unclear how heavily he'll be utilized upon his return to action, given that Dwayne Allen has performed well for the Colts at tight end in Fleener's absence.

I really expected more from him this year.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Coby Fleener TE NO   Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:17 pm

Jersey Legionnaires wrote:
Quote :
Fleener (shoulder) participated in practice Wednesday, Mike Chappell of the Indianapolis Star reports. Analysis: It looks like Fleener has a shot to suit up Sunday against the Bills, but it's unclear how heavily he'll be utilized upon his return to action, given that Dwayne Allen has performed well for the Colts at tight end in Fleener's absence.

I really expected more from him this year.

Not me...get outta the way Fleener cuz Allen is where its at.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Coby Fleener TE NO   Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:13 pm

Quote :
Fleener will be utilized as more of a vertical threat during the upcoming season, the National Football Post reports.

Analysis: Fleener's rookie year was an underwhelming one, as he hauled in just 26 balls (on 48 targets) for 281 yards (10.8 YPC) and two touchdowns. However, a dislocated shoulder wiped away four games from the slate midseason, after which he was looked at just 12 times in the final five contests of 2012. If he is in fact used in the seam in offensive coordinator Pep Hamilton's West Coast offense, a scheme that helped him rack up 17.6 yards per reception during his final two years at Stanford could be revitalized, with college teammate Andrew Luck at the helm in Indianapolis.

I thought Luck would lean on him more last year. Hope he does now.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Coby Fleener TE NO   Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:41 pm

He needs to get out of the way...Allen is the better talent.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: Coby Fleener TE NO   Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:47 am

I like Allens ability to block. Fleener can play though.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Coby Fleener TE NO   Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:34 pm

Overrated.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Coby Fleener TE NO   Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:11 am

Adelaide Empire wrote:
Overrated.

this

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Coby Fleener TE NO   Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:08 am

Yep, Allen is the fantasy TE to own in Indy I think.

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: Coby Fleener TE NO   Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:25 pm

I disagree, Allen is slow, Fleener is much better with a more interesting name like Allen, although for those of you liking Allen you can find his name faster in the yellow book, but who uses that anyway anymore? plus F isnt that much farther then A, but if this was a school grade yes I would rather have A, but its not, and ohh while we are talking about school I just saw World War Z and it was awesome? how does this relate to this post? and how does not using any periods relate to what I said about world war z? questions cannot be answered with another question unless that question is an answer hidden in a questionable form anyway cant wait to see how the season plays out and cant wait till walking dead starts back up again, I bet Fleener would make a better and faster zombie then Allen although Allen can probably reach farther and grab your brain if you had a brain which no one knows for a fact unless ofcourse you get an MRI but to get an MRI you need to have a brain to know that you even need to go have it done anyway good talking to you guys I am gonna go play Guild Wars a bit cause I started a new thief as my Necro was getting very boring to me plus I am more of a stealther type character but wanted to try something new with the necro which completely backfired to the point where I stopped playing for a few weeks to maybe a month of september is right around the corner and football is gonna start weeeeee period

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Coby Fleener TE NO   Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:31 pm

scratch

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Coby Fleener TE NO   Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:26 pm

That algae must be feasting on his brain...

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Coby Fleener TE NO   Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:31 pm

2 in 2 years is a worrying sign...

Coby Fleener has been diagnosed with a concussion.

It's Fleener's second concussion in as many NFL seasons, though last year's didn't cost him a game, as he suffered it heading into Indy's bye week. It's obviously unideal news for a team that's already missing Dwayne Allen (foot), but Fleener should be ready for the Colts' third preseason game. Were the injury to linger and the Colts found themselves without both Fleener and Allen for Week 1, they'd be left with rookie Justice Cunningham and waiver-wire type Dominique Jones at tight end.

Back to top Go down
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Re: Coby Fleener TE NO   Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:40 pm

Back at practice today

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: Coby Fleener TE NO   Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:16 am

I hope fleener does big things this year. My wr group is hurting.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Coby Fleener TE NO   Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:09 am

Quote :
Fleener has a mild knee sprain, CBS Sports reports. Analysis: Fleener was coming off a concussion and now has a knee issue to deal with. With Dwayne Allen currently nursing a foot injury, the Colts are banged-up at tight end.
vote no 

Back to top Go down
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Re: Coby Fleener TE NO   Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:00 pm

otoWire) Fleener will see an expanded role with Dwayne Allen out for the season with a hip injury, head coach Chuck Pagano told the Terre Haute Tribune-Star. Analysis: Fleener will become the starter and primary tight end with Allen hurt. Fleener had eight targets last week with Allen out and that role in the passing game should continue. However, it's also possible Fleener may need to block more with Allen out and the Colts also losing other key players in the blocking scheme (Vick Ballard and starting offensive guard Donald Thomas) for the season to injuries.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Coby Fleener TE NO   Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:24 pm

Fleener to the Saints. I never would have traded him if I had a crystal ball. There isn't a better spot for a TE

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: Coby Fleener TE NO   Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:34 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
Fleener to the Saints. I never would have traded him if I had a crystal ball. There isn't a better spot for a TE
Wow that is huge news.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Coby Fleener TE NO   Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:08 pm

He's no Jimmy.

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Coby Fleener TE NO   Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:11 pm

TEs are getting PAID this offseason!!

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Coby Fleener TE NO   Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:28 pm

Love this landing spot. He's not Jimmy but he should all put up numbers here.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Coby Fleener TE NO   Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:44 pm

North Wales Knights wrote:
TEs are getting PAID this offseason!!

You said it...Way over paid in this instance...Brees his a gunslinger, but doubt he will force it in like Luck did to his Stanford bro.

Back to top Go down
Saint Johns Venomous Mocs

PostSubject: Re: Coby Fleener TE NO   Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:29 am

I always thought Fleener was a tad underrated. I think he'll thrive in New Orleans. A solid FA move by the Saints

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Coby Fleener TE NO   Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:56 am

Good signing, and a little boost to Brees IMO.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Coby Fleener TE NO   Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:09 pm

Thought for sure the Colts would keep Fleener and cut Allen? Oh well he should be a good target this year for little Brees

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Coby Fleener TE NO   Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:32 am

Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
Thought for sure the Colts would keep Fleener and cut Allen?  Oh well he should be a good target this year for little Brees

Agree it doesnt make much sense to let both TEs go, but this didnt make sense from the beginning for me. I couldnt believe they drafted two TEs rather early during Fleener's and Allen's rookie seasons. That was wierd too.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Coby Fleener TE NO   Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:59 pm

Actually, I'm in the other camp. I think Allen is the better all round TE. Always have. His issue is health. He stays healthy, he's gold.

Fleener's issue is the big catch's that he didn't make. They're more glaring. As a Colt's fan, I agonized over every one. Sad part, Allen's drop rate is a smidge higher.

If they were only going to keep one, I like Allen better.

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Coby Fleener TE NO   Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:18 pm

With all this new found money for Colby Weener, err Fleener. I can't help but think he is gonna hit the local KFC some time soon and grease up those already greasy mitts and remain the butter fingered marginal half ass that he is. 36 fucking Million for this guy? Unreal!!! scratch

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Coby Fleener TE NO   Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:32 pm

The prominent role that TE plays in NO's offense is pretty big though.... I am not the biggest Fleener fan out there, but look at what the ancient Watson did in that role last year: 74 catches 825 yards and 6 TD (just happened to the best year of his 12 yr career)... I see absolutely no reason why Fleener shouldn't meet or most likely exceed those numbers in that offense. He's not the next Jimmy Graham but he is an upgrade over Watson...

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Coby Fleener TE NO   Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:40 pm

Watson jacked off a Gorilla before each game and had Gorilla Goo on his hands and could catch a a well oiled peanut at 50 yds last year.

Fleener only jacked himself and ate buckets of KFC and extra buttery popcorn. He had trouble holding onto a 5 yd out or button hook.

Is Fleener more talented than an old Watson? Yes! Will Fleener likely leave us wanting more, a even bigger more likely YES! He is Mr Greasey. Hold out hope, just don't bank on it.

eating popcorn

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Coby Fleener TE NO   Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:48 pm

Fleener's production in New Orleans is likely to exceed his talent. Sadly this will lead some to start claiming he is a real talent. Those folks would be wrong.

Good news for Fleener owners...you're about to get more than you deserve out of his dumb ass. laughing

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Coby Fleener TE NO   Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:58 pm

And so it is with fantasy football, more than half the equation for producing fantasy points comes down to opportunity. Fleener is a 'good' player, nothing spectacular but good enough to produce in the role he will be getting.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Coby Fleener TE NO   Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:08 am

Fleener will be interesting to watch this year. Not only is Watson gone but Colston too and he was getting some of those shorter targets over the middle.

Fleener is a great sell if you've got him on your roster. Someone will be buying the hype.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Coby Fleener TE NO   Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:50 am

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ex-colt-jerrell-freeman-explicitly-132000910.html

Now that linebacker Jerrell Freeman and tight end Coby Fleener are off the Colts roster, the two have some things to get off their chest regarding the play last season following Andrew Luck's injury.

Fleener said that some Colts players went "along for the ride" late in the season during his introductory conference call with the Saints on Friday. While Fleener didn't point to any certain players, Freeman saw the words as hypocritical and a shot against him.

"Fleener, he didn't have the (guts),'' Freeman told WTHR.com via text. "That s— pisses me off. And he must've been looking in the mirror when he did the interview.

"I despise guys like that. That's what little girls do, talk about you when you're not around. I'm a grown man. If I see something I don't like, I'm going to go have a face-to-face convo with that player/players and we are going to get an understanding! I feel like I had a hand in building what's over there (in Indianapolis), so he's s— on me, too. That's a b— move. You can print all that, brotha!"

Props to Freeman, who signed with the Bears on Saturday, for sticking up for his former teammates after Fleener threw them under the bus.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Coby Fleener TE NO   Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:53 pm

So much for a Stanford education...Should have gone to CAL. laughing

Quote :
Coby Fleener "recently admitted" he is still adjusting to the Saints' playbook.
Fleener seems to be picking things up very slowly in New Orleans. Coach Sean Payton admitted last month that he was still a "work in progress" while beat writer Larry Holder said Fleener and Drew Brees were still fighting to get on the same page in practices last week. Fleener had a quiet preseason, catching 4-of-6 targets for 27 yards on 63 snaps. Things could start slowly for Fleener, but he's locked in as the starter and gets a cake matchup with the Raiders Week 1.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Coby Fleener TE NO   Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:15 pm

Can't believe more people don't realize he sucks.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Coby Fleener TE NO   Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:15 pm

Yeah he sucked with Luck, I don't he'll be any better with Brees.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Coby Fleener TE NO   Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:16 am

O V E R R A T E D

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Coby Fleener TE NO   Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:45 am

troll

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Coby Fleener TE NO   Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:35 am

Well if he keeps this up, it will open up a tag for me to use somewhere else

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Coby Fleener TE NO   Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:51 am

It's only one week guys. Should we be selling Dez as well? I still think that he'll be a top 7 TE this year. I don't think that anyone realistically thought that he would be one of the top 3 guys this year.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Coby Fleener TE NO   Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:08 am

Don't compare Fleener to Dez. Dez has talent, Fleener does not.

troll

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Coby Fleener TE NO   Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:15 am

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
Don't compare Fleener to Dez.  Dez has talent, Fleener does not.  

troll  

I agree 100%!!

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Coby Fleener TE NO   Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:13 am

Funny I'd sell both Fleener and Dez lickety split if I had em.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Coby Fleener TE NO   Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:19 am

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Funny I'd sell both Fleener and Dez lickety split if I had em.

From personal experience I can tell you that they are both overvalued by their current owners in the TT.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coby Fleener TE NO   

Back to top Go down

Coby Fleener TE NO
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: