x

Share | 

A new situation

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:03 am

Thanks to those who volunteered. I have chosen Jon, Matt and Dave to take this on for us. I'll report back when we have ironed something out for our bylaws and from there, like everything else we can examine proposals in January.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:43 am

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
Atlanta Africans wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:
My franchise only won 1 more game than Bob's and averaged 8 more points per game than him, do I get a free year too?  stir the pot

Freakshow has only one 1st or 2nd round pick total in the next 3 years...

It's actually worse than that.  I have tried to avoid commenting because this isn't really my issue right now.  But I think that I should pop in here because I don't think that most of you realize how bad this team is.  Some may disagree but it's in some rough shape.  

For example, look at picks, even worse than Ian thought:

Only a late 2nd and then no picks until the 5th round

No picks in the 1st 2 rounds

No picks in the 1st 3 rounds

And he's near the bottom in War Bucks.  The roster has some bright spots but a lot of people with expiring contracts and no real top end talent of note.  If it doesn't spend War Bucks to retain Cousins and Smith it could very well have no QB next year and years to follow.  The offensive assets are Freeman, Coleman, Conley and Austin and that's about it.  There are some strengths on defense, particularly at DE but war bucks will likely need to be committed to retain some talent on defense that is young but with an expiring contract.

I actually thought that the team had some clay to work with before I started digging into the actual assets. Then I realized how bad the team had become.

To put it in comparison, most would say that the Screamers (and I'm going off the current state --- Nick has done some work though) had a bad franchise, but it has several young bona-fide studs on multi-year deals (i.e. OBJ, DT, Julius, Mack, Lavante, Collins) and a lot of guys with some upside.  And picks don't compare -- 2016 (2 1sts, 1 2nd, 2 3rds) and all picks in 2017 and 2018.  

In the end I may not be the right guy for this squad but I do think that everyone should realize that Andy is in a tough spot and he's making efforts to try to address it.  This team does need some help if it has a chance to compete at any point in the near future, whoever ultimately runs it.

Damn Russ, that is fugly. One thing you have going for you is that you are in TT. Am I too new to make that joke?  rofl

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:47 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Bergen Brawlers wrote:
Atlanta Africans wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:
My franchise only won 1 more game than Bob's and averaged 8 more points per game than him, do I get a free year too?  stir the pot

Freakshow has only one 1st or 2nd round pick total in the next 3 years...

It's actually worse than that.  I have tried to avoid commenting because this isn't really my issue right now.  But I think that I should pop in here because I don't think that most of you realize how bad this team is.  Some may disagree but it's in some rough shape.  

For example, look at picks, even worse than Ian thought:

Only a late 2nd and then no picks until the 5th round

No picks in the 1st 2 rounds

No picks in the 1st 3 rounds

And he's near the bottom in War Bucks.  The roster has some bright spots but a lot of people with expiring contracts and no real top end talent of note.  If it doesn't spend War Bucks to retain Cousins and Smith it could very well have no QB next year and years to follow.  The offensive assets are Freeman, Coleman, Conley and Austin and that's about it.  There are some strengths on defense, particularly at DE but war bucks will likely need to be committed to retain some talent on defense that is young but with an expiring contract.

I actually thought that the team had some clay to work with before I started digging into the actual assets. Then I realized how bad the team had become.

To put it in comparison, most would say that the Screamers (and I'm going off the current state --- Nick has done some work though) had a bad franchise, but it has several young bona-fide studs on multi-year deals (i.e. OBJ, DT, Julius, Mack, Lavante, Collins) and a lot of guys with some upside.  And picks don't compare -- 2016 (2 1sts, 1 2nd, 2 3rds) and all picks in 2017 and 2018.  

In the end I may not be the right guy for this squad but I do think that everyone should realize that Andy is in a tough spot and he's making efforts to try to address it.  This team does need some help if it has a chance to compete at any point in the near future, whoever ultimately runs it.

Damn Russ, that is fugly. One thing you have going for you is that you are in TT. Am I too new to make that joke?  rofl

Nope. All someone has to do is hear of the TT conference and they are qualified to make that joke. laughing

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:03 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Thanks to those who volunteered.  I have chosen Jon, Matt and Dave to take this on for us.  I'll report back when we have ironed something out for our bylaws and from there, like everything else we can examine proposals in January.

Good squad there. Will trust their judgement. cheers

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:06 pm

I would like to formally request a transfer of all of my team assets for all of the assets that belong to the Freakshow. This move will solve my personal desire for a challenge, as well as solve any immediate monetary decline in league capital. It would also force Russ to pay the piper  tongue

Upon acceptance of my request, the RW Insurance Company should continue their pursuit of ironing out details to the new policy, and monitor it going into the future, and anything else that comes with it.

-Minions

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:36 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
I would like to formally request a transfer of all of my team assets for all of the assets that belong to the Freakshow. This move will solve my personal desire for a challenge, as well as solve any immediate monetary decline in league capital. It would also force Russ to pay the piper  tongue

Upon acceptance of my request, the RW Insurance Company should continue their pursuit of ironing out details to the new policy, and monitor it going into the future, and anything else that comes with it.

-Minions

Sounds kinda cool.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:43 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:

-Minions

I am not sure how to respond to this.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:56 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:

-Minions

Like this:

OK

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:58 pm

Are you proposing a team for team trade? Is that real?

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:17 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
Morrison Minions wrote:

-Minions

Like this:

OK

Why would you do this?
Could this negatively affect others in the division/conference?

You're proposing to trade all players, picks and Warbucks?

I would certainly like to hear what people think about this or if anyone has been in a league that has done it.

If everything and everyone was all for it, and you got depressed and quit over it two years from now then this would be a stupid fucking idea.

All I can do right now is think about it.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:20 pm

Well, is Russ taking the franchise as of now or still thinking?

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:24 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Well, is Russ taking the franchise as of now or still thinking?

We're not even to that point. We need to iron out the insurance issue and technically Bob has until Feb 1. I will let everyone know what's what ASAP.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:19 pm

Why would you do this?

Could this negatively affect others in the division/conference?

You're proposing to trade all players, picks and Warbucks?

If everything and everyone was all for it, and you got depressed and quit over it two years from now then this would be a stupid fucking idea.

I like the challenge.

I don't see how it could affect anyone, since it's either me or Russ. Somebody has to do it.

Yes.

I would not quit over the quality of my team. This also goes back to either it's Russ or me. Also, I would make this a Championship team two years from now, making this a win-win. I rule

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:28 pm

I guess I don't see the issue with Shawn "switching teams"... I hear he does that pretty regularly anyway.... Hey oh... Zing. loll

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:39 pm

Shawn = Full grown man.
Russ = Scardey Cat

Haha, just kidding, OR am I? eating popcorn laughing

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:40 pm

Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:
I guess I don't see the issue with Shawn "switching teams"... I hear he does that pretty regularly anyway.... Hey oh... Zing.  loll

fart to flame

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:44 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Shawn = Full grown man.
Russ = Scardey Cat

Shawn's got a much bigger set than I do.

Or just crazy. Not sure which one right now.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:54 pm

Bravo to Shawn for offering to take that steaming pile of cack on. No idea why you'd want to, but bravo.

clap you are crazy

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:00 pm

Wow, Shawn stepping it up here. I think Shawn forgot he was in the TT and does not have the easy trade targets (#THETRADE) in the DD to fix this team.

cheers

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:06 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Shawn = Full grown man.
Russ = Scardey Cat

Shawn's got a much bigger set than I do.

Or just crazy.  Not sure which one right now.

the team I took over a couple years ago was in pretty much the same shape as the one offered to you - I choose to take it no questions asked
a) because I knew in time it would become MY team
b) I wanted to be apart of this community AND league

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:09 pm

I don't know what I am laughing harder at, "steaming pile of cack", or "#thetrade".

I think Shawn is drinking heavily right now, let's give him a little bit of time to set the stool up before he ties the noose. laughing

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:15 pm

Kane County Goon Squad wrote:
the team I took over a couple years ago was in pretty much the same shape as the one offered to you - I choose to take it no questions asked
a) because I knew in time it would become MY team
b) I wanted to be apart of this community AND league

Best Post of the Day!!!   clap

El Gato says "Bravo to Goonie"

I was thinking the exact same thing in regards to this whole topic/discussion.
This is more a community first and foremost that happens to have a quality run league too boot.

coffee

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:00 pm

If Shawn does the swap, shouldn't he change divisions so that the players within each division stay pretty much the same but the owners switch?

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:53 pm

Atlanta Africans wrote:
If Shawn does the swap, shouldn't he change divisions so that the players within each division stay pretty much the same but the owners switch?

I don't think an actual trade of 40 players for 40 players would go down.  Shawn would simply take ownership of the Freakshow and Russ or whomever would take ownership of the Minions.  The Freakshow would then be renamed the Minions and stay in Chapter 5, and the Minions would be renamed the Brawlers and still be in Chapter 6.  At least that is the way I would see it going down.

coffee

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:47 pm

Agree Todd - only fair way imho

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:21 pm

I get to be in an easier division too? SWEET! This will be easier than I thought Evil laugh

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:20 pm

I see nothing wrong with what is Shawn is proposing, and he has proven that he can take a team and make it a winner so I am all for it.

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:34 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
I get to be in an easier division too? SWEET! This will be easier than I thought Evil laugh

Riddle Me This, Riddle Me That,
Me Thinks Shawn has been Cracked
once too often with a Baseball Bat

mock

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:38 pm

Do we have a no drug policy in this league? Or better yet, do we have a no drugs while trying to trade teams policy in the league???!?!?!??!

eating popcorn eating popcorn eating popcorn

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:49 pm

Oaktown Malosos wrote:
Hamilton Steel Cats wrote:
I know this will fly like a bowling ball in water.  But if the league needs to generate 200 bucks for Eric's Goonies and what was Bob's Freaks we could simply just pass the hat and pop 8 bucks each into it and waalaa $8.33 to the 24 equals 200.

laughing  

Hell...To make it even easier; I'll throw in $8...25 X $8 = $200...problem solved! duckhunt

Good one "Gato-Man"

You Guys Hear This? Do Ya? This is RW Spirit, the only thing missing is the Grave Diggers.

Reminds me of a scene from one of my favorite films called Kelly's Heroes. There is a General listening in on the radio transmissions between Kelly and Big Joe. After dealing with Big Joe, Kelly talks with Bellamy. Bellamy explains they neds 5 hours to get the bridge set up, Kelly won't wait though. The General is excited by this push forward. However, then the Grave Diggers Registration chimes in that they got a stake in this operation too, this really sets the General off. Well Tom's comment above to pay 8 dollars when he does not even own a team at this point made me do a "General"

thumbsup

If nothing else watch from the 55 second mark to the 2:15 mark.

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:50 pm

I don't think the Freakshow "situation" is bad. I do think Shawn is on to something here.

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:56 pm

California Nightmare wrote:
I don't think the Freakshow "situation" is bad. I do think Shawn is on to something here.

There fixed that for you Mr Powers.

Remember Shawn is from Colorado, me thinks he has been puffin' a lil Herbie and hangin' out with Mary Jane of late.  laughing

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:03 pm

Tarpon Springs RedKnights wrote:
I see nothing wrong with what is Shawn is proposing, and he has proven that he can take a team and make it a winner so I am all for it.

love pay attention

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:16 pm

Hamilton Steel Cats wrote:

Remember Shawn is from Colorado, me thinks he has been puffin' a lil Herbie and hangin' out with Mary Jane of late.  laughing

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:37 pm

Late on this thread... Will miss Bob.
OK with everything but do think that any free year needs payment of following years dues. Or possibly you could do half dues for two years. Can't let someone go all in and leave after one year.

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:40 pm

Thanks for the cliff notes Sty!!!!

As for where the conversation went... Cheers to Shawn for wanting to switch teams and take over the Freakshow. I'd go with what Todd said and just swap the actually franchise names instead of doing a trade or something crazy.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:50 pm

hey I like the idea of one big trade scared

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:55 pm

Hah. Please bring all the crappy teams to division 6. Maybe I'll be able to win the division then...

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:05 am

15 minutes ago I received an email from Bob....

I am now waiting for more from him.

We will still be sorting out shit on this Insurance Committee thing for our future either way. We will be discussing any and every scenario we can think of. I will let you people know shit when I know shit.

I am going to go cry in the corner because my head hurts from all of this stuff. sad2

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:38 am

So Bob is back? :pepsi:

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:53 am

Wow. eating popcorn

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:37 am

Kingdom City Growlers 2 wrote:
So Bob is back?  :pepsi:

I hope so. I hope he's doing better too.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:26 am

I feel like something's happening right now, we just don't know.....

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:24 am

Bob's intent is to return. That's great news. He still has shit going on so he won't be returning RIGHT NOW but he has reached out, given me an idea of what's up and I'm hoping to hear more from him in the coming days.

The committee will continue to look into everything that this situation has cast a shadow on so that in the future we are prepared.

Getting that figured out AND Bob returning is easily the best outcome we could ask for here.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:25 am

We should still give Shawn's team to Bob laughing

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:28 am

Atlanta Africans wrote:

lol 2

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:32 am

Atlanta Africans wrote:

lol 2

Then Bob would have screwed over 2 teams. tongue

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:38 am

Can we please take it easy with some of the trade offers?

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:39 am

Great to hear that Bob's returning though.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:45 pm

Having fun Russ? ROFL

Russ gets a short hair away from inheriting the NE Nineties; watches a Freakshow; and then becomes a Minion...Only to return to a lowly Prospect...frustrated

Feel for you Bro...Hang in there!
cheers

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   

Back to top Go down

A new situation
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Main RW Lobby-
Jump to: