Share | 

Injured Reserve

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Injured Reserve   Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:11 pm

Quote :
Q.1 Injured Reserve
Injured Reserve is defined as a player who is done for the season and cannot return for the duration of the current season.

Q.2 Use of Injured Reserve
For a player to be put on IR, he must be placed on Injured Reserve by his NFL team and it must be recognized by the myfantasyleague.com service. Once put on Injured Reserve, he cannot be taken off until February.

During the month of February, all IR players need to be reinstated to the active roster.

Q.3 Number of Injured Reserve spots
Each franchise has an unlimited number of Injured Reserve spots on their roster although myfantasyleague.com allows for a maximum of 30 IR spots. This threshold should never be an issue but notify the RWC should it be an issue.

Q.4 Injured Reserve cap relief
When a player is placed on IR, the team will get one year of his contract made available to them to replace him if needed. The RWC will have to make this move manually. When you place a player on IR on the site, you must also go to your team thread and announce their placement to the IR. This post will also be for the RWC, who upon completing the manual move of the contract year will edit that post to signify it has been completed.

Q.5 Trading IR Players
Players on IR can be traded but must be placed immediately on IR with their new team.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just wanted to get this posted again, as I have been hit with my first IR player in Lofa Tatupu. He hasn't hit IR yet via the NFL and only shows as 'Out' so far on MFL, but has already been declared out for the year. So after looking over the rules I have to wait until NFL (and MFL) both put the IR status on him, then I can put him over to IR on MFL and free up 1 of my contract years.

Since he is only on a one year contract I wish I could just drop him altogether but that would cost me $5 War Bucks so by simple putting him on IR I save myself $5 warbucks. The reason I bring this up is because we are going to be hit with a lot more injuries since it is the start of Training Camp and I was wondering if we can add to this rule that if a 1 year contract player is placed on IR if we can just drop him from our team altogether without penalty?

Please discuss

Back to top Go down
http://www.fakeplastictunes.com/
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: Injured Reserve   Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:34 pm

I think the reason is so other teams can't just pick them up off of waivers and then potentially decide to extend their contract next season. Since we have unlimited rosters, what's the issue with just keeping him on the IR section of your roster? Less work for the commish to do.

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Injured Reserve   Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:54 pm

those are some decent points. No harm in leaving him sitting on my IR then, not a big deal. It doesn't really save the commish any work though, he will still need to go in and add 1 contract year back to the team on the MFL site.

Back to top Go down
http://www.fakeplastictunes.com/
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Injured Reserve   Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:33 pm

Yeah, I agree with Jason, to easy to just let him set, then drop him next year if you don't want to keep him

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Injured Reserve   Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:11 pm

This conversation pointed something else out to me...

That I need to add something to the bylaws stating you cannot add a player who is on IR to your roster. This would be circumventing our roster/contract limits and that obviously leads into this conversation and it is my opinion that you just IR that player even though I can see what you are saying James...

If the player is on your IR he isn't hurting you and you maintain rights to him, so while dropping him is just as easy it doesn't make sense entirely as why not leave yourself with an option even if its extremely unlikely to end up with you trying to retain him in February.

I will wait before adding to the bylaws to see if anyone thinks it would be an error to add a sentence about not be allowed to add players who are already on IR to their rosters. I can't imagine anyone will object to that.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Injured Reserve   Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:16 pm

Yeah with unlimited rosters it would lead to abuse if you could add IR guys. When are they deemed off IR? When the contract years roll over?

Last edited by Atlanta Africans on Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: Injured Reserve   Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:52 pm

What about trading players that are on IR? Does that count as "adding" players to your roster?

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Injured Reserve   Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:28 pm

1) Does anyone know when MFL processes players being put on IR? Is it a daily or weekly update?

2) I think Jon owes 5WB for dropping Childs on 8/7/2012. According to http://football30.myfantasyleague.com/2012/injury?LEAGUE_ID=77011&WEEK=1&POSITION=*&TEAM=*&STATUS=IR&SORT=TEAM Childs wasn't officially on IR till 8/8/2012.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Injured Reserve   Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:02 pm

San Francisco Golddiggers wrote:
1) Does anyone know when MFL processes players being put on IR? Is it a daily or weekly update?

2) I think Jon owes 5WB for dropping Childs on 8/7/2012. According to http://football30.myfantasyleague.com/2012/injury?LEAGUE_ID=77011&WEEK=1&POSITION=*&TEAM=*&STATUS=IR&SORT=TEAM Childs wasn't officially on IR till 8/8/2012.

This is incorrect!

Jon dropped Childs after Min waived him and was designated by MFL as a Free Agent:

dropped: Childs, Greg FA WR

Once he cleared waivers Minnesota put him on IR.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Injured Reserve   Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:18 pm

Interesting, where can I find a history of MFL moving players from team to FA and vice versa? So Jason2 dropped Childs too early before MFL marked as a FA but Jon got it just right. Unfortunately MFL transaction list doesn't show Jon's drop as Greg Childs FA WR now.

(edited: it -> Jon's drop)

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Injured Reserve   Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:36 am

[quote="San Francisco Golddiggers"]1) Does anyone know when MFL processes players being put on IR? Is it a daily or weekly update?

Seems random to me but certainly quicker than weekly I think. Sometimes it's almost immediate on MFL, sometimes a day or 2 after. Maybe they do it 2 or 3 times a week but I'm guessing.

shrug

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Injured Reserve   Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:11 am

the email sent out when a drop is made is what I go by when it comes to whether or not a player is listed as a FA

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Injured Reserve   Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:04 pm

How are we handling the new designated for return from IR rule? I feel like it was discussed somewhere but I can't find it.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Injured Reserve   Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:18 am

How are we handling the new designated for return from IR rule? I feel like it was discussed somewhere but I can't find it.

Section Q.1

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Injured Reserve   Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:46 pm

Sorry I was on my phone and didn't actually ask the right question.

For a player designated for return...
1) when you IR them you get the 1 year cap relief?
2) when they come off IR you lose the cap relief right?
3) how quickly must you activate player?

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Injured Reserve   Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:49 pm

1. yes
2. yes
3. great question. My inclination is to say within 1 week since if it happened close to a weekend and such you would be limited in who you can drop/add to make things work out. A week seems like it would be reasonable no matter what.

I will add that to the bylaws but as usual will give a little time in case any of you have issue with that and want to move me from that stance.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Injured Reserve   Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:04 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:

1. yes
2. yes
3. great question. My inclination is to say within 1 week since if it happened close to a weekend and such you would be limited in who you can drop/add to make things work out. A week seems like it would be reasonable no matter what.

I will add that to the bylaws but as usual will give a little time in case any of you have issue with that and want to move me from that stance.

Completely fair in my mind. Good call.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Injured Reserve   Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:43 am

Not sure if anyone else has had this happen, but, I could not adjust my Lineup until I put Sanford onto the Active roster. Now, I was able to demote him again and can still set it.

Odd.

Back to top Go down
Cybertron Screamers

PostSubject: Re: Injured Reserve   Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:41 pm

Yeah. Cant set your lineup with an ir violation is what it was holding you up. Probably mfl screwing with ir status on sanford.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Injured Reserve   Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:50 am

Guys,

This might seem dumb to you but there is a reason players are activated from IR in February as opposed to now.  When you do it now, your rosters are technically in violation of the contract cap.

In February, we get the new MFL site, THEN I roll back contracts which allows you to activate your players again and remain under the cap.

The order of these steps keeps the past sites clean so nothing looks WRONG if one were to look back at rosters and so forth.

Please place your players back on IR if for no other reason than to humor me.  Our new MFL site will be here before too long and we'll take the next steps.

Thank you!

Last edited by Minnesota Eternals on Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: Injured Reserve   Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:54 am

Bylaw L.1 #2 states otherwise.

Tighten that up.

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: Injured Reserve   Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:55 am

L.1 Contract Cap (total years available)
Each franchise has a contract cap of 120 years. The sum of all of your players contracts CANNOT exceed 120 except for the following exceptions...

1. During the season, through use of Injured Reserve (see Section Q).
2. From the conclusion of Week 16 until one week after contracts are rolled back there is no contract cap to allow for activation of players from the IR and further freedom in trading.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Injured Reserve   Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:27 am

Alright. Nobody can add players, I have screenshots of rosters at key points anyway so I guess this really doesn't matter. Thanks for setting me straight fellas. Nobody is gonna look back at past years rosters and say shit was invalid anyway.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Injured Reserve   Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:30 am

For the third time this week, I am shutting he fuck up! laughing

Sadly for all of you, I sill have so much to do/say so fuck ya.

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Injured Reserve   Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:53 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
For the third time this week, I am shutting he fuck up!  laughing

Sadly for all of you, I sill have so much to do/say so fuck ya.  

With all due respect Bossman...

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Injured Reserve   Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:49 am

Do you still want us to go back and place our guys on IR again or are we good?

I did make sure and read the IR rules before I did it so I wasn't the new idiot... Again.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Injured Reserve   Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:22 am

this came up and was changed last year (I think for trading purposes) (as stated above)

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Injured Reserve   Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:07 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Do you still want us to go back and place our guys on IR again or are we good?

I did make sure and read the IR rules before I did it so I wasn't the new idiot... Again.

You're good.

Personally, I will wait until the new site as intended but it doesn't matter which is why we must have changed it last year like Eric said.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Injured Reserve   Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:45 am

There are 3 topics in this section titled Injured Reserve. Please merge.

I am concerned about the NFL's new rule where a player doesn't have to be designated as a player that will return from IR. That means that we have no idea who is actually on IR, and who is simply just out for a few weeks.

What we will have to do as fantasy owners, is save enough contact years and/or war bucks for every single player we put on IR. If you put 10 guys on IR, you'll have to save 50 war bucks for when they come back.

Before I go into a big rant and give suggestions, am I the only one that is not pleased with this setup?

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Injured Reserve   Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:47 am

It sort of defeats the purpose of IR with their change. With IR-R you at least knew you were gambling. Now every IR'ed player could end up coming back, technically, and that's a shitty situation.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Injured Reserve   Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:49 am

Oh and I merged the topics since you asked.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Injured Reserve   Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:21 am

I haven't spent much time thinking about it but it doesn't concern me either. Everyone has decisions to make...do you leave available years for things like this or picking up FA's? Do you have the funds to deal with the issues if they do arise?

For the most part I think the word is out there about players and their likelihood of returning so it's just something you have to navigate. It's obviously unlikely that ALL of your IR players will suddenly show back up like it's a horrific surprise party for you.

Kick back, relax and enjoy the ride man! cool2

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Injured Reserve   Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:34 am

In a purely academic sense I see the potential problem but don't think that we will face it in reality.  There are maybe a handful of people that come back from IR each year.  Spread across 12 teams it's highly unlikely that you would face this issue with 3 or more players.  So the potential exposure isn't that great.  But, if you are snake bit and get hit with a bunch of guys coming back, you could always try to trade players or for WBs. Granted, you won't be bargaining from a position of strength.  But we don't need to worry about a virtual bankruptcy of a franchise as a result of the NFL's IR policies.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Injured Reserve   Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:37 am

I just wanted to verify that we are making IR worthless. Carry on.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Injured Reserve   Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:15 am

Morrison Minions wrote:
I just wanted to verify that we are making IR worthless. Carry on.
I agree with you shawn - I have 3 guys that could come back - was trying to keep them on my roster but couldn't do it - now I will have to pay to drop guys if/when they come back - I know, poor me... but in most years this would be an issue

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Injured Reserve   Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:46 pm

I agree... the change in IR designation is a little crazy and I'm sure some team will end up getting fucked by returning players.

Maybe in the off-season, we should consider adopting the rule that players returning from the IR have a "drop" option attached to them where the owner has the choice to move them back to the roster and make room for them, or release them back to free agency since they can't remain on the IR if they start to play in the NFL again.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Injured Reserve   Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:27 am

MFL has removed the IR designation for David Bruton, but they have not removed him from WAS making him a FA. This is giving me an IR violation and I am unable to submit a lineup. This means that I cannot drop him like I should be able to. Just thought I would submit this to the I don't give a fuck committee.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Injured Reserve   Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:06 am

Morrison Minions wrote:
MFL has removed the IR designation for David Bruton, but they have not removed him from WAS making him a FA. This is giving me an IR violation and I am unable to submit a lineup. This means that I cannot drop him like I should be able to. Just thought I would submit this to the I don't give a fuck committee.

This bull shit just cost me 5 WBs! I had to drop another player, which I really, really didn't want to do, because I had an IR violation and I was maxed out on contract years. So there is 5 WBs I can never get back, because of MFL and their ass backwards shit they do!

MFL is fucked up in the way they do shit, as he was waived and taken off IR. So why in the Hell is he still listed as a player for Washington? By God they removed the "I" designation, but for some reason left the WAS part on there? Makes no Fucking sense!

Thanks for the 5WB penalty MFL. vote yes middle finger

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Injured Reserve   Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:10 am

Similar issue two weeks ago on a Thursday with Laurinaitis.  Took an extra day for the site to clear it through and make him a FA so he could be cut for free on the Friday.  Fortunately, I had my rosters set as I too was locked out until the player in question is activated or cut which meant I was froze for the Thursday night slumberfest game.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Injured Reserve   Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:27 am

Did you try just submitting a ticket? Usually they have a pretty quick turnaround when I ask them to change a players designation due to our rules

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Injured Reserve   Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:33 am

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
Did you try just submitting a ticket?  Usually they have a pretty quick turnaround when I ask them to change a players designation due to our rules

No I didn't even think about it. I just know I didn't want to get fined for not being able to submit a lineup and having a IR violation, so I just did what I had to do, or not want to do.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Injured Reserve   

Back to top Go down

Injured Reserve
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Main RW Lobby-
Jump to: