x

Share | 

Laquan Treadwell WR

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Laquan Treadwell WR   Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:37 pm

Let's be honest here.  A lot of people who get paid a lot of money think that it's helpful to know how fast he can run the 40.  Is it the only metric that matters?  Certainly not.  But it does matter.  A lot of slow guys have busted.  So have a lot of fast guys.  But, if I get to choose, I'll take big and fast every day.  And Treadwell could have made me more interested in him if he was quicker.  

The one potential quirk in this is that he likely drops a bit further in the draft and may end up on a much better team and a much better short-term situation which would increase his value, as it did with guys like Cooks and Matthews.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Laquan Treadwell WR   Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:59 pm

First of all... 4.63 is not exactly 'slow'... In real world applications it is virtually indistiquishable from someone who ran a 4.5...

My biggest gripe with the 40 time is that doesn't actually measure anything related to the actual game of football... They don't wear pads or helmets and start in that weird track position... Actual football game speed is something completely different and is something that shows up on Treadwell's game tape... I think it is silly to rethink what a prospect has shown on tape because they were slightly less fast in a track and field event than some other WR prospects were... That makes about as much sense as questioning a professional poker players ability because they lost a game of 'go fish'...

And while he may fall out of the top 10 (which was a debatable landing spot anyway) I doubt slips past the top 20... But yeah, going to a good situation would only improve his fantasy stock... I would like to see him in Buffalo personally, I think he would make an amazing bookend to Sammy Watlkins as the deep guy... That would raise both guys stock considerably...

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Laquan Treadwell WR   Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:01 pm

But Tyrod is not good. What 40 time did he run? laughing stir the pot

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Laquan Treadwell WR   Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:37 pm

Tyrod is not the greatest, but part of his problem was only having one competent receiver (Watkins) to throw to.... Having a treadwell across from a Watkins would be huge for that team and Taylor....

As critical as I was of Taylor during the first half of the season, He made improvements over the second half, no coincidence that he finally made a concerted effort to actually target Watkins during the second half, it paid off for both of them...

I could also see him going to good situations with the Giants, the Saints or the Lions.... Even the Ravens has the potential if perriman is healthy and they get some development from some of the other guys or if Steve Smith actually plays and stays in one piece....

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Laquan Treadwell WR   Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:58 pm

I always thought pro day 40s were actually like .05 higher due to the hand timing vs electric at the combine. Either way, speed was never his game anyway. Other notable slow WRs - Hopkins (4.58) and Allen Robinson (4.60) - worked out ok for those guys.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Laquan Treadwell WR   Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:42 pm

I think its a myth that you get better times at your pro day... They have other people there including scouts timing those runs, it's not like the Ole Miss coaches are running the official timers and making sure that their guys get better times than they actually run...

And again, 4.60 is not slow... Hopkins and Robinson are just fine, because they know how to run routes and get open... Even Jarvis Landry, who ran a 4.77 at his combine, is not really slow, and he also has no issues gaining separation and getting open in the NFL...

The 40 time is not directly proportional to success getting open in the NFL, as a matter of fact, the results are so mixed, it is much more logical to say that a 40 time actually says almost nothing about a prospect's ability to get open or to be successful in the NFL...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Laquan Treadwell WR   

Back to top Go down

Laquan Treadwell WR
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: