Naperville Divine wrote:
For one thing, maybe Bob enjoys pink.  

With a 13-35 record, I think that goes without saying. Poor Bob no

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:27 am

Morrison Minions wrote:
Atlanta Africans wrote:
If you are building for the future why do you care about getting a rental? Just punt the position rather, no??

I think this could be a great debate subject by itself.

Tank it for 3 years, or try to win on your way. Why not try to win (with cheap old players) on the way to your rebuild?

That's where I'm at. Hold the spot for now with a solid QB and then try to move around that.

Let's be realistic, he goes to RFA and wouldn't have been cheap IMHO

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:46 am

Morrison Minions wrote:
Atlanta Africans wrote:
If you are building for the future why do you care about getting a rental? Just punt the position rather, no??

I think this could be a great debate subject by itself.

Tank it for 3 years, or try to win on your way. Why not try to win (with cheap old players) on the way to your rebuild?

I am in the same boat. I have some key pieces that can help me win, but I also need young talent on my roster. I think that having that mix of older guys with your youth is essential, in my eyes you still need to compete even in a rebuild. So while accumulating picks is great, I hate the idea of selling ALL assets, or only trending towards youth that some will not help you out for a couple years.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:56 am

Naperville Divine wrote:
For one thing, maybe Bob enjoys pink.  

I agree Craig.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:56 am

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
Palmer might be an interesting candidate for the 10 WB compensation tag.

I think throwing someone like Palmer up would be super cool. I support this idea 100%.

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:52 am

Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:
Bergen Brawlers wrote:

I think throwing someone like Palmer up would be super cool.  I support this idea 100%.
Ha! Forget Palmer, someone already threw out a proven #2 WR that had a solid year in Kamar Aiken! someone could pick this guy up and easily give him 3 or 4 year contract to have a good player. What will you give Palmer? 2 years tops? the guy is ancient!

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:07 pm

Tarpon Springs RedKnights wrote:
Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:
Bergen Brawlers wrote:

I think throwing someone like Palmer up would be super cool.  I support this idea 100%.
Ha! Forget Palmer, someone already threw out a proven #2 WR that had a solid year in Kamar Aiken! someone could pick this guy up and easily give him 3 or 4 year contract to have a good player. What will you give Palmer? 2 years tops? the guy is ancient!

He really is. He's like Tony Romo's twin.

I hope you don't lose more than 5 war bucks on Aiken.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:28 pm

I might do something crazy with my compensation tag. Or maybe not. I haven't decided yet...

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:50 pm

This compensation tag is really interesting. Lots of strategies to try, especially in the first year.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:56 pm

Naperville Divine wrote:
This compensation tag is really interesting.  Lots of strategies to try, especially in the first year.

I'm excited about it. I believe a few years from now it'll be one of those things that we'll consider a MUST HAVE.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:01 pm

Naperville Divine wrote:
This compensation tag is really interesting.  Lots of strategies to try, especially in the first year.

agree, just wish I had someone worthy of using it on

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:06 pm

Kane County Goon Squad wrote:
Naperville Divine wrote:

agree, just wish I had someone worthy of using it on

I'm using the tag and I can't wait. Hope someone bids. Haha!

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:53 pm

Muskego Muskies gave up:
Hyde, Carlos SFO RB
Year 2017 Round 4 Draft Pick from Muskego Muskies

England Dragons gave up:
Dareus, Marcell BUF DT
Year 2016 Draft Pick 5.10
Year 2017 Round 5 Draft Pick from England Dragons

I didn't necessarily want to trade Hyde but I like the contract and the picks. Trying the shore up the defense for more stability contract - wise for the future

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:56 pm

I actually like that trade for Dan. Hyde is a wildcard to me, but if he pans out my opinion could change.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:58 pm

England Dragons gave up:
 Hardy, Greg DAL DE; Year 2016 Draft Pick 6.10;Year 2016 Draft Pick 7.11
Muskego Muskies gave up:
 Ebron, Eric DET TE

I basically emailed Jon and said I'm bored let's trade, so we did, twice. Hopefully Hardy can slap around offensive lineman and not girlfriends. Thanks for the trades Jon

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:09 pm

What the heck - are you trying to help him repeat?
Calvin is retiring so Ebron gets more targets in TE premium league and you get a guy who probably won't even be on an nfL roster and some throwaway picks....
Sorry I don't get it

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:42 pm

Ebron is the typical "he's gonna be awesome next year" player. Maybe he will be, maybe he wont. He'll get more targets but based on what I saw this year he's expendable. More power to you if your crystal ball see's Ebron putting up big numbers this year, my crystal ball doesn't. Hardy is a beast and I know he can put up big numbers any week. Yeah he's got off the field issues that make him risky but I don't care. Both players are risky with high ceilings plus like I said I was bored so we threw some trades together.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:50 pm

Muskego Muskies wrote:
Ebron is the typical "he's gonna be awesome next year" player. Maybe he will be, maybe he wont. He'll get more targets but based on what I saw this year he's expendable. More power to you if your crystal ball see's Ebron putting up big numbers this year, my crystal ball doesn't. Hardy is a beast and I know he can put up big numbers any week. Yeah he's got off the field issues that make him risky but I don't care. Both players are risky with high ceilings plus like I said I was bored so we threw some trades together.

I agree with Ian though. Will Hardy even be on a roster? There have been some very negative reports as to his future...

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:52 pm

He's hasn't done anything since his suspension right. Why wouldn't he be on a roster?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:58 pm

Muskego Muskies wrote:
He's hasn't done anything since his suspension right. Why wouldn't he be on a roster?

Hardy Har Har

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:02 pm

I think he'll be on a Roster, I think he'll be back with the Cowboys, or maybe even the Bengals or Bills, they take chances on players like Hardy. If he's not I won't lose sleep over it

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:21 pm

#boredtrading

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:30 pm

Still need to trade the old Miners... only Matthews and JPP remaining. 9 drops and 9 fingers

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:31 pm

Ninties give:
D. Moncrief
10 WV

Decatur gives:

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:32 pm

Moncrief has 3 years left on his contract.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:34 pm

Hyde and Ebron suck. I like the trades. Eternals win.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:50 am

I love the way people are so sure of how things will pan out. laughing

I think all 4 players in those 2 deals have wide performance bands next season:

Hyde under Chip could be 2013 McCoy or 2015 Murray.

Dareus is the safest bet of the 4. He wasn't as good in 2015 but still a DT1.

Ebron has done little so far but TE's take time. He has upside in Detroit but if Calvin does retire, the Lions will replace him. They aren't going in to games with Golden Tate as their WR1 and Ebron the 2nd target.

Hardy is a stud. Hardy is an idiot. No way he's not on a roster next year but his landing spot is crucial. The reality is that he will command a large salary so every chance that the team who takes him on will be ready for him. But there's a risk there.

Both players Dan got had a year longer on their contracts + he got some late picks in the deal.

And it was great to actually receive a trade offer from someone and fire some e-mails back and forth to work out deals rather than sending one out and it just being rejected with no counter.

Thanks Dan.

cheers

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:35 am

England Dragons wrote:

Everyone should have a perceived value of players... rolleyes

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:45 am

England Dragons wrote:

And it was great to actually receive a trade offer from someone and fire some e-mails back and forth to work out deals rather than sending one out and it just being rejected with no counter.

Thanks Dan.

cheers

Woah Champ! Your fire breath just singe all our peepee hair! No reason to slay the townsfolk dragon face!

Last edited by Tarpon Springs RedKnights on Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:46 am

Norfolk Bombers wrote:
England Dragons wrote:

Everyone should have a perceived value of players...   rolleyes

Of course. The point is that everyone's perceived value can be different or there'd never be any trades.

cheers

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:01 am

England Dragons wrote:

Thanks Dan.

cheers

Woah Champ! Your fire breath just singe all our peepee hair! No reason to slay the townsfolk dragon face!

laughing

Take no notice. I do like a good moan now and again.

wink

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:34 am

England Dragons wrote:

Thanks Dan.

cheers

Sorry, Jon. I tried to give blunt explanations regarding my position against particular trades and why I couldn't or wouldn't counter. I started down the road of super early trading but couldn't hang.

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:35 am

Hardy had a rough year. I don't think Dallas will keep him. Look for Dallas to draft Bosa as replacement. Enron should be coming into his own this year. Not a good trade for Muskies. Dragons is showing why they are so good.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:44 am

Naperville Divine wrote:
Hardy had a rough year. I don't think Dallas will keep him. Look for Dallas to draft Bosa as replacement.  Enron should be coming into his own this year.  Not a good trade for Muskies.  Dragons is showing why they are so good.  

Its good to hear that Enron is doing better especially since the scandal of 20

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enron_scandal

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:47 am

Baja Beatniks wrote:
England Dragons wrote:

Thanks Dan.

cheers

Sorry, Jon.  I tried to give blunt explanations regarding my position against particular trades and why I couldn't or wouldn't counter.  I started down the road of super early trading but couldn't hang.  

Wasn't aiming that comment at anybody in particular and certainly not you Corey. Even though we've discussed trades that haven't come off, we've discussed them and that's fine by me.

It just feels sometimes that I send a lot of offers out - usually for players listed on trade bait - and I'll get a 'no thanks' or whatever back. Again, that's fine - nothing wrong with that - it just makes me think that person doesn't really want to trade that player unless they are offered the earth right off the bat.

If I list a player on bait and get an offer I don't like, I'll take the time to check out the sender's roster and tell them what would work for me. If it goes nowhere, that's cool. I just enjoy the process and I sometimes find it frustrating when other's don't appear to.

Anyway, take no notice everyone. I'm obviously weird.

Truth is I've made 7 trades here since January and 1 trade in my other 5 leagues combined so this place totally fucking rocks in actuality. I'm just impatient.

laughing

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:10 am

Was glad to see the annual site refresh wipe out all the baits.  There were a few stale lists that owners clearly had no intention of moving.  Let's try to get at least a semi-annual update this year, Growlers. laughing

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:13 am

Sorry Jon, Hardy is not a stud. He has one year as a DE1 in 2013, otherwise when he plays he is a DE2 and he is trending in the wrong direction with behavior and play on the field

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:22 am

I'd love to see Hardy go to the Bengals... that would be one bad ass defense. Is there a stat for the most felonies on a defense? Hardy is a guy whose numbers are all sack dependent but when you watch him play he impacts a large % of plays. Kind of like Von Miller, his impact on the game doesn't always show up in his stat line.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:26 am

Muskego Muskies wrote:
I'd love to see Hardy go to the Bengals... that would be one bad ass defense. Is there a stat for the most felonies on a defense? Hardy is a guy whose numbers are all sack dependent but when you watch him play he impacts a large % of plays. Kind of like Von Miller, his impact on the game doesn't always show up in his stat line.

That's not what you want to hear as a fantasy owner of that player.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:30 am

All DE's numbers are sack dependent for the most part but if you watch Hardy play he impacts a lot more plays than than your typical DE1, thus more potential points. He's easily a DE1 in my eyes.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:40 am

Muskego Muskies wrote:
All DE's numbers are sack dependent for the most part but if you watch Hardy play he impacts a lot more plays than than your typical DE1, thus more potential points. He's easily a DE1 in my eyes.

I do like the upside as a player, but man that guy scares me (in more ways than one). He could be out of the NFL in a year, or he could be a top 10DE.

I don't know how high Ebron's ceiling is. I'm wondering if he is a LaDarius Green. Always promising, but you can't pass up the ancient and slow TE in front of you, and he doesn't have Antonio Gates in Detroit. We will see, TE's are always on an extended curve for learning. As a Ebron owner in 2 leagues I hope he pans out.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:43 am

Atlanta Africans wrote:
Sorry Jon, Hardy is not a stud. He has one year as a DE1 in 2013, otherwise when he plays he is a DE2 and he is trending in the wrong direction with behavior and play on the field

Fair enough. I understand your opinion and you certainly aren't alone.

As I see it, he has proven upside as a DE1 - he did it in his last full season - but he's an idiot. If he's handled correctly, he can be a DE1 again. The sample size in Dallas wasn't really enough to prove anything either way, other than he's still an idiot.

I hope he gets a great landing spot as I have him in 2 of my other 5 leagues.

cheers

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:44 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Muskego Muskies wrote:

I do like the upside as a player, but man that guy scares me (in more ways than one). He could be out of the NFL in a year, or he could be a top 10DE.

I don't know how high Ebron's ceiling is. I'm wondering if he is a LaDarius Green. Always promising, but you can't pass up the ancient and slow TE in front of you, and he doesn't have Antonio Gates in Detroit. We will see, TE's are always on an extended curve for learning. As a Ebron owner in 2 leagues I hope he pans out.

good post

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:49 am

People aren't too excited about moving their DE1 in this league, they're hard to find. So decided to take a chance on one. Trying to move Matthews for a DE and JPP for a LB if anyone is interested.to

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:06 am

I realized there's 3 holdovers from the Miners not 2. Matthews, JPP and GRONK!!! Will be moving them all at some point.

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:12 pm

Wow, mega trade today between Pigskins and Nightmare. This is a close one. I think Nightmare got best and safest player in Julio Jones. Bell and Cobb are both going to try to rebound. Bell was hurt and Cobb sucked. I would prefer to have the Julio Jones side just because I love Julio Jones. Bell and Cobb could be awesome but more risky. I did not mention Karlos Williams who could have nice year also.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:27 pm

ROSTER WARS TRADE

California Nightmare
RECEIVE
Julio Jones WR
Karlos Williams RB
2016 4.11 Draft Pick

Philadelphia Pigskins
RECEIVE
Le'Veon Bell RB
Randall Cobb WR
2016 1.10 Draft Pick
2016 3.10 Draft Pick
$15 Warbucks

I like Pigskins here, got tons of value, even though giving up Julio sucks. But pretty even, very close. I also like Karlos moving forward. Good trade!

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:29 pm

And TT is only down 1 trade to DD, didn't see that coming!

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:21 pm

I like Matt's get here.

high five

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion   

Back to top Go down

2016 Roster Wars TRADE Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 21Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 21  Next