HomeLog inRegisterFAQSearch

Share | 
 

 Percy Harvin WR RET

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Morrison Minions
 
 
avatar

Posts : 7113

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:13 pm

Quote :
a club willing to commit eight figures per year and $30-plus million guaranteed.

Duh! How a team doesn't have this in their budget for their #1 Wide out is beyond me.


Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3644

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:44 pm

Colorado Screaming Eagles wrote:
Quote :
a club willing to commit eight figures per year and $30-plus million guaranteed.

Duh! How a team doesn't have this in their budget for their #1 Wide out is beyond me.

Apparently Ice Fishing Shacks cost more than the average fan thinks. Maybe the Vikes want to bring back Troy Williamson to replace Harvin should he leave. Laughing


Back to top Go down
New England Nineties
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5585

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:09 pm

The guy's a headcase.


Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions
 
 
avatar

Posts : 7113

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:16 pm

They are all a head case. I think this one is manageable.


Back to top Go down
Dallas Man Standing
 
 
avatar

Posts : 26

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:57 am

The thing about Harvin is that he isnt just a WR he is a swiss army knife. And next to Peterson the most dynamic playmaker on that team. If the Vikings think they can just up and replace him I think they are crazy.


Back to top Go down
San Diego Killers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1036

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:13 am

Harvin is one of the best in the league and giving him away would be pointless. You would have to spend a lot of money on another FA receiver or have the shittiest receiving corps in the league


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 22164

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:10 am

Winning teams tend to do so after trading away talent, right? What the fuck is your mission Vikings?


Back to top Go down
New England Nineties
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5585

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:53 pm

The fact that it makes so little sense tells me there's a lot in the background that we don't know about. It could be contract demands, health problems (concussions), or whatever, but I don't think the Vikings, or any team other than the Jets, would shoot themselves in the foot for no reason.

There are lots of reports coming out today that personnel people in the NFL would be surprised if Harvin fetched more than a 3rd. If even remotely true, that should set off some alarm bells.


Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders
 
 
avatar

Posts : 19922

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:55 pm

Quote :
According to ESPN 1500 Twin Cities, the "word circulating in league circles" is that Percy Harvin wants at least an annual $10 million in his new contract, with the "real goal" perhaps being $12 million or more. Analysis: That would make Harvin the league's highest paid receiver not named Calvin Johnson or Larry Fitzgerald. Beat writer Tom Pelissero confirms Harvin's suspected contract demands are a "bigger issue" in trade talks than the draft picks it would take to acquire him

I love Harvin and I really do believe he's a top tier WR. That said he hasn't done anything to earn 10 Million a year. I think 7 Million is right around what he's worth.


Back to top Go down
Singapore Slings
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2002

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:44 pm

Cross-posting some shit I was spewing last night at footballsfuture.com.

If I'm making forum posts elsewhere, I might as well get yards for it too, right?!?!

~

The Vikings need to figure out how to keep Harvin in purple, regardless of how it happens. AP said all there needs to be said:

"To do the the things that he's able to do, I don't think there will be a player able to do it better than him. Ever."

Straight from Adrian Peterson's mouth. And he's right. Percy is an unconventional player, but he is also ridiculously good. Whatever he is doing, if he has the ball in his hands, he is a beast. You don't let players like that go for a 2nd round pick.

Whatever the Vikings do, if it isn't "sign Harvin long term," I see it it as an organizational failure. Everyone points to TO: "oh, he was an a-hole and look, he never won a championship." Well yeah, but he also put up hall of fame numbers and played in the Super Bowl on a broken leg. You find a way to keep guys like that on your team.

I don't trust Musgrave to get the full potential out of this offense and think he may be the biggest part of the problem. Just my guess though.


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 22164

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:27 pm

Hearing about this situation in various places, I just keep thinking WTF

Percy has some history being a dink but the Vikings are not going to benefit in any way by trading him...its not like they are the greatest drafting team out there who will surely get a slam dunk with a pick they get in return. If you are gonna eat shit on this deal then do so while taking Percy "hold out" Harvin with ya or better yet just pay the guy something reasonable.

I just can't get over the message I am hearing when they say that they love Leslie Frasier, they are not going to bring in any competition for Ponder and that Harvin may just be traded for a 3rd round pick. At this point I have Rick Spielman down as one of the dumbest human beings I have ever heard of...until further notice.


Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3644

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:32 pm

Well Frazier and Spielman may not be the smartest guys around, but hey at least they are better than Les Steckel ... Laughing


Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws
 
 
avatar

Posts : 4777

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:18 pm

I have Harvin in one of my dynasty leagues and it is just a frustrating drama filled situation... But man, when he is on the field he puts up some serious fantasy stats!!! But between his questionable attitude and inability to stay healthy he just can't seem to capitalize on his massive talent!



Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights
 
 
avatar

Posts : 7887

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:12 pm

Pro Football Focus ‏@PFF

Fast! RT @JayGlazer: The Seahawks and Vikings have agreed to a trade that send Harvin to Seattle for draft picks, pending Harvin physical


Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws
 
 
avatar

Posts : 4777

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:26 pm

Wow! Huge move for the Seahawks!!! Harvin just might be the offensive piece they needed to go from a moderate contender to one of the favorites! I realize Minnesota was backed into a corner a bit by Harvin but trading away such a know talent for just picks? Even if they are great picks like a first and a second, those picks are still unknowns and could be busts... and would likely provide only a fraction of the value of a Harvin this upcoming season. Now the holes at receiver for the Vikings just got larger, Jairus Wright might develop into a good slot guy but I don't think he could ever be a #1 or #2 receiver... and they don't have anybody behind him right now! Wow!!!


Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights
 
 
avatar

Posts : 7887

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:27 pm

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
Wow! Huge move for the Seahawks!!! Harvin just might be the offensive piece they needed to go from a moderate contender to one of the favorites! I realize Minnesota was backed into a corner a bit by Harvin but trading away such a know talent for just picks? Even if they are great picks like a first and a second, those picks are still unknowns and could be busts... and would likely provide only a fraction of the value of a Harvin this upcoming season. Now the holes at receiver for the Vikings just got larger, Jairus Wright might develop into a good slot guy but I don't think he could ever be a #1 or #2 receiver... and they don't have anybody behind him right now! Wow!!!
Jarius Wright will be a #1 or #2 pumpkin, you heard it here first!


Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws
 
 
avatar

Posts : 4777

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:33 pm

Hmm, spoken like an overly optimistic fantasy owner!! pray You might be right, but I just don't see that happening. Wright's game is from the slot. And with no viable #1 or #2 receiver there right now it will be tough sledding for him!


Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders
 
 
avatar

Posts : 19922

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:35 pm

Holy mother of god BLOCKBUSTER!

This does AMAZING things for Harvin AND Wilson!!!


Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3490

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:38 pm

Jersey Legionnaires wrote:
Holy mother of god BLOCKBUSTER!

This does AMAZING things for Harvin AND Wilson!!!

Totally agree Harvin and Wilson's values both just jumped even further (If that is even possible)


Back to top Go down
http://www.fakeplastictunes.com/
Mohawk Ridge Marauders
 
 
avatar

Posts : 19922

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:51 pm

Quote :
Updating previous reports, the Seattle Seahawks will trade a 2013 first-and seventh-round draft choice as well as a 2014 middle-round draft choice to the Minnesota Vikings in the trade involving WR Percy Harvin.

Wow. The Vikings got paid at least!


Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3490

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:58 pm

As they should. They also just freed up a guy that didn't want to play for them and a guy that wanted $12+ million a year. Now they just take a WR in ROUND 1 gaurenteed and pay him a rookie salary for 4-5 years and do the same thing in 4 years hahaha

On the other side the Seahawks are going for the NFC's Nuts


Back to top Go down
http://www.fakeplastictunes.com/
Devils Tower Outlaws
 
 
avatar

Posts : 4777

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:01 pm

I don't know if thats enough for Harvin, the first rounder is nice, but it a late first, the 7th rounder is also a late 7th rounder which is almost into the undrafted free agent realm... Depending on what the mid rounder next year is, that could be okay, but for Harvin they should have gotten the first and a mid (maybe a 4th) this year as well... I guess considering the Vikings had little to no leverage here thanks to Harvin acting like a damn baby, they had to take whatever they could get.

Harvin is such a primadonna, lets see if he can finally survive an entire season and stay healthy...


Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5628

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:04 pm

Music to Jasons ears I am sure high five


Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws
 
 
avatar

Posts : 4777

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:06 pm

Utah Spazz wrote:
As they should. They also just freed up a guy that didn't want to play for them and a guy that wanted $12+ million a year. Now they just take a WR in ROUND 1 gaurenteed and pay him a rookie salary for 4-5 years and do the same thing in 4 years hahaha

On the other side the Seahawks are going for the NFC's Nuts

They should probably take more than one WR, they don't have much outside of Wright, who is a slot guy... They need a #1 and #2 receiver. Maybe they should sign a free agent since rookie WR's don't always contribute right away...


Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3490

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:10 pm

I am thinking they have Jennings in their sights (Wallace is certain for Miami) and are planning on drafting either Allen/Patterson/Hopkins. Maybe they see Tavon Austin as a possible replacement for Harvin as well.


Back to top Go down
http://www.fakeplastictunes.com/
Belgium Waffles
 
 
avatar

Posts : 351

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:44 pm

Harvin with a competent qb. Great news for the Seahawks. Harvin will blow up.


Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3920

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:25 pm

Norfolk Bombers wrote:
Music to Jasons ears I am sure high five

Very happy. :happy: fun dance party8


Back to top Go down
New England Nineties
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5585

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:09 pm

Really nice trade for Minnesota IF they go out now and grab one of the many good WR's on the FA market.

I applaud the aggressiveness for SEA, but if they're going to put up big $ for a WR, there are some nice options in free agency that would not cost a 1st round pick. None as good as Harvin, especially with the age factor, but a 1st is a high price to pay.

But what the hell do I know, I've LOL'd at pretty much every move Pete Carroll has made there. Probably time to stop doing that.


Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins
 
 
avatar

Posts : 6444

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:22 pm

Damnit this gives obnoxious seahawks fans something else to not shut up about.


Back to top Go down
New England Nineties
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5585

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:39 pm

After trade, Kevin Williams can't name a WR on the Vikings roster.


Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3920

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:00 pm

Adelaide Empire wrote:
Really nice trade for Minnesota IF they go out now and grab one of the many good WR's on the FA market.

As a Viking fan, they better not. Jennings is too old and won't be relevant when/if the Vikings are ready to compete. Wallace isn't special, can't break tackles, isn't physical and isn't a good run-after-the-catch guy and is not worth $13-$15 million per year. Bowe already signed. Amendola is a nice replacement for Harvin IF he comes cheap. If they are going to pay Amendola $8 million per season or something stupid, then they should pass on him. Amendola, at around $5 million per season would be Minnesota's best signing and then go out and use one of the 1sts on a guy like Patterson. Fuck, trade their other 1st for a lower first and maybe a 2nd and draft Ponders replacement, Evil laugh

With all that said, the Vikings will probably sign Greg Jennings... *sigh*


Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders
 
 
avatar

Posts : 19922

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:03 pm

Chicago Crime Syndicate wrote:
Adelaide Empire wrote:
Really nice trade for Minnesota IF they go out now and grab one of the many good WR's on the FA market.

As a Viking fan, they better not. Jennings is too old and won't be relevant when/if the Vikings are ready to compete. Wallace isn't special, can't break tackles, isn't physical and isn't a good run-after-the-catch guy and is not worth $13-$15 million per year. Bowe already signed. Amendola is a nice replacement for Harvin IF he comes cheap. If they are going to pay Amendola $8 million per season or something stupid, then they should pass on him. Amendola, at around $5 million per season would be Minnesota's best signing and then go out and use one of the 1sts on a guy like Patterson. Fuck, trade their other 1st for a lower first and maybe a 2nd and draft Ponders replacement, Evil laugh

With all that said, the Vikings will probably sign Greg Jennings... *sigh*

I almost took this trade as a sign for how much the Vikings like this year's WR class.


Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3920

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:11 pm

Vikings have a lot of holes to fill. They were probably going to use the 1st rounder on a WR, but this deal also allows them to draft a MLB if they want as well. Vikings may go Patterson and Ogletree/Teo now.


Back to top Go down
New England Nineties
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5585

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:36 pm

Chicago Crime Syndicate wrote:
Adelaide Empire wrote:
Really nice trade for Minnesota IF they go out now and grab one of the many good WR's on the FA market.

As a Viking fan, they better not. Jennings is too old and won't be relevant when/if the Vikings are ready to compete. Wallace isn't special, can't break tackles, isn't physical and isn't a good run-after-the-catch guy and is not worth $13-$15 million per year. Bowe already signed. Amendola is a nice replacement for Harvin IF he comes cheap. If they are going to pay Amendola $8 million per season or something stupid, then they should pass on him. Amendola, at around $5 million per season would be Minnesota's best signing and then go out and use one of the 1sts on a guy like Patterson. Fuck, trade their other 1st for a lower first and maybe a 2nd and draft Ponders replacement,

With all that said, the Vikings will probably sign Greg Jennings... *sigh*

Jennings is like 29. And anyway I'm not sure what you mean by "ready to compete." I could be mistaken, but the Vikings are not an especially young team. They have one of the best RB's of all time in his prime - if Jennings is too old, ADP is not too far behind. What do you think they are waiting for?

They'll be ready to compete when they have more good players, go out and get them. Whether or not Ponder is the guy is a separate question, but sitting around not adding veterans to the team and spending Peterson's career on nothing doesn't seem like a smart way to handle the QB situation.


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 22164

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:01 pm

Fuck the Vikings. Idiots.

Fuck Harvin. I hope he passes his physical and then has 4 years of the most horrific headaches and ticky tack injuries ever.

Fuck the Seahawks. Just because.


Back to top Go down
New England Nineties
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5585

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:20 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Fuck the Vikings. Idiots.

Fuck Harvin. I hope he passes his physical and then has 4 years of the most horrific headaches and ticky tack injuries ever.

Fuck the Seahawks. Just because.

Always look forward to your fresh takes. thumbsup


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 22164

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:38 pm

Adelaide Empire wrote:
Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Fuck the Vikings. Idiots.

Fuck Harvin. I hope he passes his physical and then has 4 years of the most horrific headaches and ticky tack injuries ever.

Fuck the Seahawks. Just because.

Always look forward to your fresh takes. thumbsup

While everyone has their Seahawks/Harvin/Russell Wilson boners a ragin'....I am yet to hear one actual person explain why this is good for the fucktard Vikings. I don't recall any winning teams starting off with punting one of their top players.

1. extension given to coach who has accomplished jack shit. Check.
2. expressed that no competition will be sought for Ponder. Check.
3. Trade away number 2 player on team to conference opponent who already is playoff team for 3 scratchoffs despite having a sucky track record of drafting skills. Check.
4. Already approved to have new stadium surrounding the pile of dung you plan on putting on the field. Check.
5. Hanging onto one hall of famer to ensure he has no fuckin shot of Super Bowl Ring. Check.

Just think if I lived and died by these assholes.... scared

What a fuckin joke of a franchise.


Back to top Go down
San Diego Killers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1036

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:52 pm

Holy fuck this will make Seattle amazing


Back to top Go down
New England Nineties
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5585

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:55 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Adelaide Empire wrote:
Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Fuck the Vikings. Idiots.

Fuck Harvin. I hope he passes his physical and then has 4 years of the most horrific headaches and ticky tack injuries ever.

Fuck the Seahawks. Just because.

Always look forward to your fresh takes. thumbsup

While everyone has their Seahawks/Harvin/Russell Wilson boners a ragin'....I am yet to hear one actual person explain why this is good for the fucktard Vikings. I don't recall any winning teams starting off with punting one of their top players.

1. extension given to coach who has accomplished jack shit. Check.
2. expressed that no competition will be sought for Ponder. Check.
3. Trade away number 2 player on team to conference opponent who already is playoff team for 3 scratchoffs despite having a sucky track record of drafting skills. Check.
4. Already approved to have new stadium surrounding the pile of dung you plan on putting on the field. Check.
5. Hanging onto one hall of famer to ensure he has no fuckin shot of Super Bowl Ring. Check.

Just think if I lived and died by these assholes.... scared

What a fuckin joke of a franchise.

The decision to not pay Harvin is really what you're criticizing. I think that's reasonable, but it's also reasonable to not want to pay him $12 million a year.

That said, once the decision to not pay Harvin is made, getting a 1st+ for him is a pretty good trade.

But yeah, they're not a well run organization. That draft was pretty funny when Newton went 1.01, then Gabbert, Locker, Ponder all went in the top 12. Oops.


Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders
 
 
avatar

Posts : 19922

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:57 pm

Adelaide Empire wrote:
Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Adelaide Empire wrote:
Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Fuck the Vikings. Idiots.

Fuck Harvin. I hope he passes his physical and then has 4 years of the most horrific headaches and ticky tack injuries ever.

Fuck the Seahawks. Just because.

Always look forward to your fresh takes. thumbsup

While everyone has their Seahawks/Harvin/Russell Wilson boners a ragin'....I am yet to hear one actual person explain why this is good for the fucktard Vikings. I don't recall any winning teams starting off with punting one of their top players.

1. extension given to coach who has accomplished jack shit. Check.
2. expressed that no competition will be sought for Ponder. Check.
3. Trade away number 2 player on team to conference opponent who already is playoff team for 3 scratchoffs despite having a sucky track record of drafting skills. Check.
4. Already approved to have new stadium surrounding the pile of dung you plan on putting on the field. Check.
5. Hanging onto one hall of famer to ensure he has no fuckin shot of Super Bowl Ring. Check.

Just think if I lived and died by these assholes.... scared

What a fuckin joke of a franchise.

The decision to not pay Harvin is really what you're criticizing. I think that's reasonable, but it's also reasonable to not want to pay him $12 million a year.

That said, once the decision to not pay Harvin is made, getting a 1st+ for him is a pretty good trade.

But yeah, they're not a well run organization. That draft was pretty funny when Newton went 1.01, then Gabbert, Locker, Ponder all went in the top 12. Oops.

I think people will be shocked to see the same thing this year. (At least 3 QB's in the first that shouldn't be. At least.)


Back to top Go down
New England Nineties
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5585

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:59 pm

That would be even worse.


Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow
 
 
avatar

Posts : 6574

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:49 am

OK, I get that everyone thinks Harvin is this stud WR. I understand he has the potential.

Reality:

He has never broken 1000 yards receiving in 4 years.
He has never had more than 6 TD's in a season receiving.

I already know what everyone is going to say, look at his QB. Not always true. In 2009 and 2010 he had Favre. Was Favre as bad as Ponder? No way. With some of his migraine issues, and other issues, I'm thinking expectations may need to be tempered a bit.


Back to top Go down
New England Nineties
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5585

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:05 am

Decatur Demons wrote:
OK, I get that everyone thinks Harvin is this stud WR. I understand he has the potential.

Reality:

He has never broken 1000 yards receiving in 4 years.
He has never had more than 6 TD's in a season receiving.

I already know what everyone is going to say, look at his QB. Not always true. In 2009 and 2010 he had Favre. Was Favre as bad as Ponder? No way. With some of his migraine issues, and other issues, I'm thinking expectations may need to be tempered a bit.

Some of this is fair enough, but I have no idea why you're leaving out his rushing production since his versatility is a huge reason why he's so valuable. If you add those in, his 2011 year eclipses both of the lines you set - 1,300 yards and 8 TD's. Not to mention his returning abilities. He's a unique weapon.


Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow
 
 
avatar

Posts : 6574

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:29 am

Adelaide Empire wrote:
Decatur Demons wrote:
OK, I get that everyone thinks Harvin is this stud WR. I understand he has the potential.

Reality:

He has never broken 1000 yards receiving in 4 years.
He has never had more than 6 TD's in a season receiving.

I already know what everyone is going to say, look at his QB. Not always true. In 2009 and 2010 he had Favre. Was Favre as bad as Ponder? No way. With some of his migraine issues, and other issues, I'm thinking expectations may need to be tempered a bit.

Some of this is fair enough, but I have no idea why you're leaving out his rushing production since his versatility is a huge reason why he's so valuable. If you add those in, his 2011 year eclipses both of the lines you set - 1,300 yards and 8 TD's. Not to mention his returning abilities. He's a unique weapon.

I don't disagree at all. Those are true numbers, I agree. Not sure how they will transfer to the Offense in SEA.

All I'm saying is, I will watch to see what happens this year, then I think we will have a much better grasp on what he can actually do.


Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5702

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:32 am

Adelaide Empire wrote:
Decatur Demons wrote:
OK, I get that everyone thinks Harvin is this stud WR. I understand he has the potential.

Reality:

He has never broken 1000 yards receiving in 4 years.
He has never had more than 6 TD's in a season receiving.

I already know what everyone is going to say, look at his QB. Not always true. In 2009 and 2010 he had Favre. Was Favre as bad as Ponder? No way. With some of his migraine issues, and other issues, I'm thinking expectations may need to be tempered a bit.

Some of this is fair enough, but I have no idea why you're leaving out his rushing production since his versatility is a huge reason why he's so valuable. If you add those in, his 2011 year eclipses both of the lines you set - 1,300 yards and 8 TD's. Not to mention his returning abilities. He's a unique weapon.

Plus he had 750 / 4 thru 8.5 games last year....


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 22164

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:42 am

Adelaide Empire wrote:
Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Adelaide Empire wrote:
Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Fuck the Vikings. Idiots.

Fuck Harvin. I hope he passes his physical and then has 4 years of the most horrific headaches and ticky tack injuries ever.

Fuck the Seahawks. Just because.

Always look forward to your fresh takes. thumbsup

While everyone has their Seahawks/Harvin/Russell Wilson boners a ragin'....I am yet to hear one actual person explain why this is good for the fucktard Vikings. I don't recall any winning teams starting off with punting one of their top players.

1. extension given to coach who has accomplished jack shit. Check.
2. expressed that no competition will be sought for Ponder. Check.
3. Trade away number 2 player on team to conference opponent who already is playoff team for 3 scratchoffs despite having a sucky track record of drafting skills. Check.
4. Already approved to have new stadium surrounding the pile of dung you plan on putting on the field. Check.
5. Hanging onto one hall of famer to ensure he has no fuckin shot of Super Bowl Ring. Check.

Just think if I lived and died by these assholes.... scared

What a fuckin joke of a franchise.

The decision to not pay Harvin is really what you're criticizing. I think that's reasonable, but it's also reasonable to not want to pay him $12 million a year.

That said, once the decision to not pay Harvin is made, getting a 1st+ for him is a pretty good trade.

But yeah, they're not a well run organization. That draft was pretty funny when Newton went 1.01, then Gabbert, Locker, Ponder all went in the top 12. Oops.

No, its a bad precedent to set that a whiny bitch will get his way and be traded to a better team. Fuck the compensation. He should have been told to play or ride the bench. What happens when the next guy comes along and gets his panties in a bunch?

Short term it sounds like a stupid play on my part but if every team took this approach a few times, then nobody would fuckin do this shit.

The Vikings got nothing here. If they spend on one the RFA's that is out there, they are only going to compound this stupid move.

I will be the first guy laughing if that cunt Harvin gets laid out coming across the middle. Fuck him.


Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders
 
 
avatar

Posts : 19922

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:51 am

Quote :
No, its a bad precedent to set that a whiny bitch will get his way and be traded to a better team. Fuck the compensation. He should have been told to play or ride the bench. What happens when the next guy comes along and gets his panties in a bunch?

Short term it sounds like a stupid play on my part but if every team took this approach a few times, then nobody would fuckin do this shit

Why would nobody do it? They'd get paid to do nothing. It would extend the life of their careers. You can't stop hold-outs. If people want to dig their heels in they will. Guys with an attitude like that can be poison in the locker-room and to the team. I think the Vikings made the right call here. No reason to hang onto a malcontent.


Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3644

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:59 am

Minnesota Eternals wrote:

No, its a bad precedent to set that a whiny bitch will get his way and be traded to a better team. Fuck the compensation. He should have been told to play or ride the bench. What happens when the next guy comes along and gets his panties in a bunch?

Short term it sounds like a stupid play on my part but if every team took this approach a few times, then nobody would fuckin do this shit.

The Vikings got nothing here. If they spend on one the RFA's that is out there, they are only going to compound this stupid move.

I will be the first guy laughing if that cunt Harvin gets laid out coming across the middle. Fuck him.

Starting to sound a lot like that Gregg Williams fellow on those bounty gate tapes. Evil laugh

Players in all sports have been puling the "whiny" bitch card for years. Demanding trades or releases so they can go to a new city and get a change.

Getting all wound up ain't gonna change shit, it is what it is. Sports is a business.

beer


Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws
 
 
avatar

Posts : 4777

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:33 am

Does Harvin have immense talent? Absolutely, but at this point thats all it is, he has never stayed healthy for an entire season and proven that he can consistently contribute for an entire season. And now he wants to be the highest paid WR in the game and doesn't think he needs to finish out his rookie contract? That's the part I have a problem with too. The business side of this game sucks... it just does... I get it, but it still sucks...


Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders
 
 
avatar

Posts : 19922

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:34 am

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
Does Harvin have immense talent? Absolutely, but at this point thats all it is, he has never stayed healthy for an entire season and proven that he can consistently contribute for an entire season. And now he wants to be the highest paid WR in the game and doesn't think he needs to finish out his rookie contract? That's the part I have a problem with too. The business side of this game sucks... it just does... I get it, but it still sucks...

The new CBA solved that problem for you at least.


Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   

Back to top Go down
 
Percy Harvin WR RET
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: