:: I forgot my password
x

Share | 

C.J. Anderson RB DEN

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: C.J. Anderson RB DEN   Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:50 pm

Not sure if there is not a thread on him, but I couldn't find it if there was.

Quote :
Broncos coach Gary Kubiak said the offense needs C.J. Anderson to make it through a game healthy.

"We have to keep C.J. on the field. C.J. has been coming off the field the past three games because he's been nicked up," Kubiak said. "Things are going on, and we need to keep him on the field consistently." Anderson has missed time in the first three games with ankle, toe and head injuries. He has managed to play through all three ailments, but he and the rest of the Broncos running attack has struggled. The positive to take away from these comments is it sounds like Anderson is still the lead back over Ronnie Hillman. Anderson will be a low-end RB2 against the Vikings this week.

Not sure if it is because of the injury or what, but CJA has looked horrid on his time on the field.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Anderson RB DEN   Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:12 pm

The offensive line isn't creating any holes. Still, I'd rather have Hillman.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Anderson RB DEN   Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:23 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
The offensive line isn't creating any holes. Still, I'd rather have Hillman.

Yeah, I have Hillman in 4/5 of my leagues, just waiting and hoping because I was never a CJA believer.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Anderson RB DEN   Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:35 pm

I unfortunately have to listen to local radio here, and they had Chris Harris and Sanders on, and they both said what Shawn was saying.  They have new guys on the line that haven't played with each other, so they are saying they are still trying to work out the kinks and get the guys to gel and play together better

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Anderson RB DEN   Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:34 pm

If his time is up in Denver...I'd like to see him land in NE. Wouldn't be asked to do to much; play within himself, and all that other football speak stuff...

NBC Sports wrote:
Restricted free agent C.J. Anderson is already drawing interest from the Bears, Dolphins, 49ers and Patriots, according to Profootballtalk on NBC Sports.
Three of those teams have immediate holes to fill at running back with San Francisco being the lone exception. Anderson got off to a rough start last season but finished the year strong by averaging 6.3 yards per carry over his last eight games. The Broncos won't get any compensation for Anderson if they fail to match another team's offer sheet.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Anderson RB DEN   Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:41 am

I'd happily take him in NE. It's surprising how much RB's are getting paid this year, will be interesting to see what he fetches.

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Anderson RB DEN   Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:51 am

I hope he stays in Denver, but looks like Miami is the team to beat, Denver can still match obviously.

I guess Elway didn't expect too much interest. Not sure why he opted for such a low tender.

Quote :
‏@spotrac 1 hour ago
Losing Osweiler is one thing, but not shelling out the $882k more it would have taken to 2nd round tender CJ Anderson was a big mistake...

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Anderson RB DEN   Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:14 am

North Wales Knights wrote:
I hope he stays in Denver, but looks like Miami is the team to beat, Denver can still match obviously.

I guess Elway didn't expect too much interest.  Not sure why he opted for such a low tender.

Quote :
‏@spotrac  1 hour ago
Losing Osweiler is one thing, but not shelling out the $882k more it would have taken to 2nd round tender CJ Anderson was a big mistake...

I'm wondering if the plan all along was to match anything that comes to them. Give him what the market says he's worth. The only other explanation is they don't want him.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Anderson RB DEN   Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:19 pm

Sunny Miami???

Quote :
Dolphins signed restricted free agent RB C.J. Anderson to a four-year, $18 million offer sheet.
The Broncos now have five days to match, or Anderson will reunite with new Dolphins coach Adam Gase and become Miami's bellcow back. Anderson can catch, pass block, and run inside, and he has system familiarity after playing in Gase's 2014 offense in Denver. If the Broncos fail to match Anderson's offer sheet, they will receive no compensation. Had the Broncos given Anderson a second-round tender instead of the "original-pick" tender, they would've received a second-round pick had this same scenario played out. (It wouldn't have.)

Back to top Go down
Saint Johns Venomous Mocs

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Anderson RB DEN   Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:48 pm

Denver really seems to be taking it on the chin during the free agency. Man they will not resemble anything remotely close to the Super Bowl winning team they fielded this year. The next 5 days will be interesting to see if the Broncos match.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Anderson RB DEN   Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:04 pm

All the players the Broncos are losing is getting me really excited about how bad they could be next year mock

Good move for the Dolphins signing CJ. He was pretty good down the stretch last year, so hopefully he can keep that going in Miami

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Anderson RB DEN   Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:28 am

I never have been able to wrap my arms around Anderson and welcome him to my rosters. He is just one of those players for me. I dont think he loses or gains value if Denver keeps him or lets him go to Miami.......he is still going to be the RB1 for either team.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Anderson RB DEN   Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:29 pm

The Dolphins' offer sheet to restricted free agent C.J. Anderson contains a signing bonus of $5.25 million that must be paid by March 31.

Including bonuses and salary, Anderson's first-year pay will be $6 million, tying DeMarco Murray for the third highest 2016 total payments among running backs, behind only Adrian Peterson ($11 million) and Doug Martin ($8 million). Klis reports the Bears offered Anderson a four-year, $19 million deal -- more than Miami's four-year, $18 offer -- but Anderson preferred the familiarity of new Dolphins coach Adam Gase's offense. The Dolphins intentionally frontloaded Anderson's offer sheet in order to make it more difficult for the Broncos to match. Denver has until Tuesday at 4pm ET to make a decision.

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Anderson RB DEN   Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:40 pm

I think he has more value in Denver. Miami never used Miller the right way and he was more explosive than CJ.

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Anderson RB DEN   Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:13 am

Naperville Divine wrote:
I think he has more value in Denver.  Miami never used Miller the right way and he was more explosive than CJ.

I don't disagree. I would have preferred that he stay in Denver too. However, Miami also never paid Miller like this. Gase obviously wanted CJ bad enough that he convinced the already overspending Dolphins to overspend again. He knows the system and with that paycheck should get plenty of run in South Beach.

Denver has until midnight to match, but heard rumblings they will likely not be matching it.

Quote :
Benjamin Allbright ‏Mar 13
Told again tonight #Broncos "unlikely" to match #Dolphins for CJ Anderson.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Anderson RB DEN   Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:01 pm

Denver is a mess right now, so there's no way if I owned CJ I would want him to stay in Denver. In fact in some leagues in which I hold CJ shares, I'm hoping he moves to Miami. I think he'll perform better in Miami than Denver.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Anderson RB DEN   Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:15 pm

Sounds like they did end up matching

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Anderson RB DEN   Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:18 pm

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:

Yep, and according to Cecil Lammey, CJ wanted to stay in Denver. So perhaps a happy CJ in Denver will reward fantasy owners. I personally would have liked him in Miami.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Anderson RB DEN   Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:19 pm

Full details. Wow. Didn't see them matching.

Quote :
Broncos re-signed RB C.J. Anderson to a four-year, $18 million contract.

Cue the sad trombone for the Dolphins, who had supposedly structured Anderson's offer so the Broncos couldn't match it. With their quarterback situation remaining unsettled, the Broncos decided they couldn't lose a runner who was easily their best back last season, and one of their most important players down the stretch each of the past two years. Now the undisputed lead back for an offense that should be dramatically run-heavier in 2016, Anderson and his three-down skill-set should provide RB1 value in fantasy leagues.

Hillman to Miami?

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Anderson RB DEN   Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:28 pm

Broncos shoulda let hime walk. He's not good enough for that kind of cash.

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Anderson RB DEN   Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:31 pm

Very happy he's staying with Denver! Definitely a surprise though. Elway couldn't deal with the PR nightmare of losing him and Brock, I imagine.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Anderson RB DEN   Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:34 pm

I personally think Elway is the next crazy Al Davis (RIP)

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Anderson RB DEN   Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:36 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

Yeah, because he's so much worse than that genius Ted Thompson.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Anderson RB DEN   Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:37 pm

He should be the guy in Denver which beats the timeshare he'd have had in Miami.

Embarrassing misjudgement by the Broncos though.

mock

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Anderson RB DEN   Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:38 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:

Yeah, because he's so much worse than that genius Ted Thompson.

Ted is mild, not crazy. He's a very different kind of nuts, not Al Davis nuts. Neutral

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Anderson RB DEN   Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:09 pm

I think it's a good move by Elway, with the defense that they have they proved this year and they don't need a steller offense. They won with Brock and 75% of Manning (at best). If they can keep most of that defense together they'll be ok.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Anderson RB DEN   Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:18 pm

Saint Johns Venomous Mocs wrote:
Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:

Yep, and according to Cecil Lammey, CJ wanted to stay in Denver. So perhaps a happy CJ in Denver will reward fantasy owners. I personally would have liked him in Miami.

Be careful listening to homers....and in particular that one. I've pulled muscles in my eyes listening to him over the years. They just aren't supposed to roll that much.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Anderson RB DEN   Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:56 pm

Egg on the face big time!

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Anderson RB DEN   Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:14 pm

Atlanta Africans wrote:

Disagree. 4 year contract instead of 1.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Anderson RB DEN   Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:30 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
Atlanta Africans wrote:

Miami has egg on there face for wasting the time to structure a deal for Denver and CJ.....

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Anderson RB DEN   Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:28 pm

glad he stayed there (for now)

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Anderson RB DEN   Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:50 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
Atlanta Africans wrote:

Yeah the Broncos really wanted him but their plan was to have another team control the negotiations and risk losing him for nothing instead of committing 800k more for the rights to negotiate on their own terms...

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Anderson RB DEN   Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:53 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
Atlanta Africans wrote:

What? They could've tendered him higher for like $600k more and controlled negotiations themselves when he had a one year deal. Instead they played it cheap, which is stupid, and have to accept what another team offered him, which isn't exactly cheap money.

Really stupid move by the Broncos.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Anderson RB DEN   Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:58 pm

yeah I thought WTF also when I heard they didn't give him the 2nd round tender for another 800K

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Anderson RB DEN   Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:28 pm

I'm not saying it is the smartest way to go, but it's not like they shit the bed the way everyone is saying they did. I don't know what this "their terms" shit is, but it takes two to tango. It would have been on Anderson's terms as well. Terms that could potentially go through the roof with a good season. This way the Broncos retained Anderson for market value. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Anderson RB DEN   Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:30 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
I'm not saying it is the smartest way to go, but it's not like they shit the bed the way everyone is saying they did. I don't know what this "their terms" shit is, but it takes two to tango. It would have been on Anderson's terms as well. Terms that could potentially go through the roof with a good season. This way the Broncos retained Anderson for market value. I don't see anything wrong with that.

The end result may not be terrible, but I don't see how you can't see it as a fuck up.

Yes, any contract they negotiated would have been on Anderson's and the Broncos' terms. Instead, they have to swallow one that is on Anderson's and the Dolphins' terms. It "took two to tango" anyway, so why wouldn't you want to negotiate your own contract? Or, possibly, get a 2nd round pick if the Dolphins were very interested in him.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Anderson RB DEN   Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:39 pm

New England Nineties wrote:
Yes, any contract they negotiated would have been on Anderson's and the Broncos' terms. Instead, they have to swallow one that is on Anderson's and the Dolphins' terms. It "took two to tango" anyway, so why wouldn't you want to negotiate your own contract?

Like they did for Osweiler?

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Anderson RB DEN   Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:42 pm

Quote :
C.J. Anderson - RB - Broncos
NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reports C.J. Anderson (knee) is expected to miss "at least a few weeks."
Garafolo's colleague, Ian Rapoport, adds that it's possible Anderson could miss the rest of the season. Anderson is getting a second opinion on Wednesday to see how severe the injury is. Anderson was able to play through it Monday night, and this comes as quite a big shock. Moving forward, Devontae Booker figures to handle every-down duties and will be backed up by special teamer Kapri Bibbs. Booker is an immediate RB1 for Week 8 vs. San Diego.

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Anderson RB DEN   Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:48 pm

He gone.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Anderson RB DEN   Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:48 am

wow. just saw he's out for the rest of the season.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport is reporting that Denver Broncos RB C.J. Anderson (knee) "told people close to him" that he will miss the remainder of the 2016 season.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Anderson RB DEN   Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:58 am

Whiskey Creek Gadabouts wrote:
wow.  just saw he's out for the rest of the season.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport is reporting that Denver Broncos RB C.J. Anderson (knee) "told people close to him" that he will miss the remainder of the 2016 season.

Quote :
C.J. Anderson (knee) denied a report from NFL Network's Ian Rapoport saying he had told "people close to him" he was out for the season.

Anderson immediately denied the report, writing, "False," in response to Rapoport's tweet. Anderson is expected to undergo further testing Thursday, and the Broncos are expected to update his status after those tests. Devontae Booker is still expected to get the start this week.

Who knows whats really happening

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Anderson RB DEN   Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:05 am

effing Rapoport. That dude is the worst.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Anderson RB DEN   Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:08 am

Whiskey Creek Gadabouts wrote:
effing Rapoport.   That dude is the worst.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Anderson RB DEN   Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:18 am

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Anderson RB DEN   Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:07 pm

Adam Schefter ‏[ltr]@AdamSchefter[/ltr]  3m[size=1]3 minutes ago[/size]
Quote :
Broncos have decided to officially place RB CJ Anderson on IR, per league source.

Back to top Go down
Shaferville Stars

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Anderson RB DEN   Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:15 pm

Hilarious (about Rappaport being hit in the head).

Big chance for Booker, but not convinced he is the real deal. Loved him in college, but not impressed yet with his pro game. We will on Sunday I guess...

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Anderson RB DEN   Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:12 pm

Shaferville Stars wrote:
Hilarious (about Rappaport being hit in the head).

Big chance for Booker, but not convinced he is the real deal. Loved him in college, but not impressed yet with his pro game. We will on Sunday I guess...

?? He has averaged almost 5 yards a carry and caught the ball when in limited opportunity. I thought he had done well?

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Anderson RB DEN   Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:21 am

Yeah, Booker has looked pretty good to me too. Guess we'll find out a lot more today.

Back to top Go down
MobTown Ravens

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Anderson RB DEN   Sat May 20, 2017 6:59 am

Heading into 2017 its a crowded backfield in Denver:
Starter: C.J. Anderson
Backup(s): Jamaal Charles, Devontae Booker, DeAngelo Henderson [R], Bernard Pierce

Can CJ stay healthy this season? 7 games in last season and done with an injury. Charles has only played in 8 games over 2 seasons.

The offensive line has 3 new starters for 2017.

Back to top Go down
http://www.gomariposa.org/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: C.J. Anderson RB DEN   

Back to top Go down

C.J. Anderson RB DEN
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: