Titletown Tyrants
San Tropez Eclipse
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
San Tropez Eclipse

San Tropez Eclipse

San Tropez Eclipse (Pete) Empty
PostSubject: San Tropez Eclipse (Pete)   San Tropez Eclipse (Pete) EmptyTue Jul 21, 2015 6:50 am

Greetings,
3 Why do you want to be part of RW, what drew your interest?
At the suggestion of Kingdom City Growlers, I thought I'd jump into the new Redraft melee and see what RW is all about. I've heard great things and I am sure I know a few of the folks behind the team names.

1 Who are you? Where do you live?

My name is Pete, I've been playing/ commissioning FF for about 24 years now. Like much of you, the score keeping was done with newspaper and coffee on Monday mornings. Those were the days.

I live in the great Northwest and work for a grocery distributor. I have been married for 24 years and have a 20 year old son and a 16 year old daughter. My son plays FF in 2 leagues I run and I'm happy to say my daughter is joining one of my leagues this year (sharing a team with my wife). While she isn't a huge football fan, she has drafted for a couple of owners unable to make it to the draft and she has drafted rosters that have gone deep into the the playoffs, wining once. And her first word was 'touchdown'.  vote yes

I am originally from Spokane, moved to Albuquerque when I was 10, Green Bay when I was 12 and back to Spokane when I was 15. I bleed cheese now, and that has its stresses living in Seattle country, given the recent history between the 2 teams. (Week 2 in Lambeau- BRING IT ON!)  

I'm a graduate of Eastern Washington University (2010 National Champs-Wooooohooo!)  In fact a safety on that team is the son of the guy that got me hooked on fantasy football!

2 Tell us about your fantasy football experience, including the types of leagues you play in and where they are hosted
I used to be in leadership at Zealots until the babysitting got to be a bit too much.  frustrated  I played in multiple dynasty leagues there with different formats (Maximus, Guillotine for a couple examples of uniqueness)

I'm presently in 4-5 dynasty leagues, one redraft and a different format for the King-based league. I decided another redraft might be fun.

My local that I run is entering it's 21st year. Sadly there are only 2 of us original owners still playing but it's got a great group of people in it. BFL

I also run a dyno called The Great Axemen

I'm in a 36 team league as well as a couple other IDP dynos that are all held on MFL.

4 How much time in a typical week do you spend on your fantasy football hobby?
I'd have to say 6-10 hours per week now. Real life tossed some curve balls and I've backed down a little bit.

5 Talk about a favorite memory or crazy fantasy football related story
I recall one year in our local, my wife's late dad (not an experienced FF player) drafted Ryan Leaf with the first pick of the draft.
A few years later, another guy (also deceased) drafted LenDale White with the first pick.

6 What do you think members of your other leagues would say about you as an owner?
In dynos, I'm usually a crappy startup drafted but build it into playoff contention. My leaguemates have seen this.
In my local redraft, I'm generally always one of the final team standing. These leaguemates always respectfully give me a hard time.

7 Anything else you would like to add?
Andy has done some banners for me (BFL Memorial Banner as well as a few of the team banners) and will soon be working on the graphics for a Stephen King- themed league for me.

Cheers   cheers

Last edited by San Tropez Eclipse on Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: San Tropez Eclipse (Pete)   San Tropez Eclipse (Pete) EmptyTue Jul 21, 2015 7:58 am

YES.

YES YES!

YES YES YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Go Pack. Welcome to RW.
Back to top Go down
Pacific Puffins

Pacific Puffins

PostSubject: Re: San Tropez Eclipse (Pete)   San Tropez Eclipse (Pete) EmptyTue Jul 21, 2015 8:47 am

Welcome aboard Pete!

San Tropez Eclipse (Pete) Sigpuf13
Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: San Tropez Eclipse (Pete)   San Tropez Eclipse (Pete) EmptyTue Jul 21, 2015 8:49 am

Welcome Pete

San Tropez Eclipse (Pete) Siggoo18
Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: San Tropez Eclipse (Pete)   San Tropez Eclipse (Pete) EmptyTue Jul 21, 2015 8:59 am

Hi Pete. Thanks for introducing yourself and glad you decided to try it out here. With 24 years of marriage and 21 years running the same local league, you've proven yourself as the dedicated type! Hop in on any threads that interest you so we can get to know each other.

San Tropez Eclipse (Pete) Sigbeatniks
Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: San Tropez Eclipse (Pete)   San Tropez Eclipse (Pete) EmptyTue Jul 21, 2015 9:05 am

Welcome

San Tropez Eclipse (Pete) Sigred18
Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: San Tropez Eclipse (Pete)   San Tropez Eclipse (Pete) EmptyTue Jul 21, 2015 9:39 am

Welcome, another member of Packer nation to talk football with... love it

San Tropez Eclipse (Pete) Sigmus15
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: San Tropez Eclipse (Pete)   San Tropez Eclipse (Pete) EmptyTue Jul 21, 2015 9:54 am

What's up Pete! Glad to have you here but the Packer love is getting a wee bit thick. laughing

San Tropez Eclipse (Pete) Sigete14
Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: San Tropez Eclipse (Pete)   San Tropez Eclipse (Pete) EmptyTue Jul 21, 2015 9:57 am

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
What's up Pete!  Glad to have you here but the Packer love is getting a wee bit thick.  laughing

packers
Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: San Tropez Eclipse (Pete)   San Tropez Eclipse (Pete) EmptyTue Jul 21, 2015 10:20 am

What's up Pete!  Glad to have you here but the Packer love is getting a wee bit thick.  laughing

No kidding. haha

Maybe they'll be able to put their collective heads together and come up with a cool chant...

You know, something uniquely awesome like... Go... Pack... Go

Wonder how long it took to think that one up?

San Tropez Eclipse (Pete) Siggad13
Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: San Tropez Eclipse (Pete)   San Tropez Eclipse (Pete) EmptyTue Jul 21, 2015 10:22 am

Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:

No kidding.  haha

Maybe they'll be able to put their collective heads together and come up with a cool chant...

Don't knock it until you try it. It feels good to fist pump that with 80,000 of your closest friends as you are pumbling the other team.
Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: San Tropez Eclipse (Pete)   San Tropez Eclipse (Pete) EmptyTue Jul 21, 2015 10:25 am

Oh yeah baby another Packer fan to shoot the shit with!!!  party4  packers packers

Welcome Pete!!  Glad you found RW'S!

San Tropez Eclipse (Pete) Sigsil14
Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: San Tropez Eclipse (Pete)   San Tropez Eclipse (Pete) EmptyTue Jul 21, 2015 10:33 am

Frozen Tundra wrote:

I am originally from Spokane, moved to Albuquerque when I was 10, Green Bay when I was 12 and back to Spokane when I was 15. I bleed cheese now, and that has its stresses living in Seattle country, given the recent history between the 2 teams. (Week 2 in Lambeau- BRING IT ON!)  

God Damn... Its a Packer take over around here... frustrated

Will certainly some good smack talk this season between the Packers fans and the Vikings Fans

Welcome to the league.. I'm sure your a good guy even though your a Packers fan.... Evil laugh

San Tropez Eclipse (Pete) Sigpsychos
Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: San Tropez Eclipse (Pete)   San Tropez Eclipse (Pete) EmptyTue Jul 21, 2015 10:35 am

Winsted Psychos wrote:

God Damn...  Its a Packer take over around here... frustrated

Will certainly some good smack talk this season between the Packers fans and the Vikings Fans

Welcome to the league..  I'm sure your a good guy even though your a Packers fan.... Evil laugh

Is it bad that I find honest to God pleasure in your disgust? I mean, I saw that you posted in this thread, and I rushed to check it out with a big smile on my face. hehe
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: San Tropez Eclipse (Pete)   San Tropez Eclipse (Pete) EmptyTue Jul 21, 2015 10:36 am

Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:

No kidding.  haha

rofl

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: San Tropez Eclipse (Pete)   San Tropez Eclipse (Pete) EmptyTue Jul 21, 2015 10:42 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Winsted Psychos wrote:

God Damn...  Its a Packer take over around here... frustrated

Welcome to the league..  I'm sure your a good guy even though your a Packers fan.... Evil laugh

Is it bad that I find honest to God pleasure in your disgust? I mean, I saw that you posted in this thread, and I rushed to check it out with a big smile on my face. hehe

Just wait till week 11 and 17.... I'm sure there will be a lot of verbiage being spewed out in those weeks...

Did I mention I'm a really really bad loser??? Evil laugh But an ever worse Winner.... :devil2:

Too bad we have to wait all the way to week 11.. I'm sure I'll find a way to stir the pot some before then though.... yikes

San Tropez Eclipse (Pete) Sigpsychos
Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: San Tropez Eclipse (Pete)   San Tropez Eclipse (Pete) EmptyTue Jul 21, 2015 11:04 am

Welcome Pete!

San Tropez Eclipse (Pete) Sigmay18
Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: San Tropez Eclipse (Pete)   San Tropez Eclipse (Pete) EmptyTue Jul 21, 2015 11:05 am

The Packer invasion is overwhelming. I am going to screen the next guy I tell RW about. Ugh

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: San Tropez Eclipse (Pete)   San Tropez Eclipse (Pete) EmptyTue Jul 21, 2015 11:09 am

Winsted Psychos wrote:

Just wait till week 11 and 17....   I'm sure there will be a lot of verbiage being spewed out in those weeks...

Did I mention I'm a really really bad loser??? Evil laugh But an ever worse Winner.... :devil2:

Too bad we have to wait all the way to week 11..  I'm sure I'll find a way to stir the pot some before then though.... yikes

Well hopefully they will make it a LITTLE more interesting...

9-1-1 in favor of the Packers in the 2010's. Ouch.
Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: San Tropez Eclipse (Pete)   San Tropez Eclipse (Pete) EmptyTue Jul 21, 2015 11:13 am

Kingdom City Growlers 2 wrote:
The Packer invasion is overwhelming.  I am going to screen the next guy I tell RW about.  Ugh

No don't do that!!!  The more the better  hehe

San Tropez Eclipse (Pete) Sigsil14
Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: San Tropez Eclipse (Pete)   San Tropez Eclipse (Pete) EmptyTue Jul 21, 2015 11:21 am

Pete's devotion to the Packers has really woke everyone up.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: San Tropez Eclipse (Pete)   San Tropez Eclipse (Pete) EmptyTue Jul 21, 2015 1:27 pm

Welcome to Roster Wars, Pete!

cheers

San Tropez Eclipse (Pete) Sigdra13
Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: San Tropez Eclipse (Pete)   San Tropez Eclipse (Pete) EmptyTue Jul 21, 2015 3:26 pm

Welcome Pete!

cheers

San Tropez Eclipse (Pete) Sigbom11
Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: San Tropez Eclipse (Pete)   San Tropez Eclipse (Pete) EmptyTue Jul 21, 2015 5:13 pm

Welcome Pete.

San Tropez Eclipse (Pete) Siggol13
Back to top Go down
San Tropez Eclipse

San Tropez Eclipse

PostSubject: Re: San Tropez Eclipse (Pete)   San Tropez Eclipse (Pete) EmptyTue Jul 21, 2015 5:51 pm

Pete's devotion to the Packers has really woke everyone up.  

And I haven't even flashed the tattoos yet! metal
Back to top Go down
San Tropez Eclipse

San Tropez Eclipse

PostSubject: Re: San Tropez Eclipse (Pete)   San Tropez Eclipse (Pete) EmptyTue Jul 21, 2015 5:52 pm

Thanks for the welcome folks! worship2

San Tropez Eclipse (Pete) Sigeclipse
Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: San Tropez Eclipse (Pete)   San Tropez Eclipse (Pete) EmptyTue Jul 21, 2015 7:36 pm

Welcome Pete!

San Tropez Eclipse (Pete) Sigpig15
Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: San Tropez Eclipse (Pete)   San Tropez Eclipse (Pete) EmptyTue Jul 21, 2015 9:33 pm

Pete,

Welcome to Roster Ways. Participate in the forums often. It is a lot of fun.

San Tropez Eclipse (Pete) Sigdiv12
Back to top Go down
San Tropez Eclipse

San Tropez Eclipse

PostSubject: Re: San Tropez Eclipse (Pete)   San Tropez Eclipse (Pete) EmptyTue Jul 21, 2015 10:46 pm

Thanks folks!

I've revised my original post to address the questions posed. loser

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: San Tropez Eclipse (Pete)   San Tropez Eclipse (Pete) EmptyWed Jul 22, 2015 10:54 pm

Welcome Pete.

Welcome to the community unlike any other. Please keep your hands and feet inside at all times and don't push up on your overhead restraint. In case of emergency please remain seated until one of our members can safely assist you. Thanks and enjoy your ride.

San Tropez Eclipse (Pete) Signig21
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: San Tropez Eclipse (Pete)   San Tropez Eclipse (Pete) EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 12:03 am

California Nightmare wrote:
Welcome Pete.

Welcome to the community unlike any other. Please keep your hands and feet inside at all times and don't push up on your overhead restraint. In case of emergency please remain seated until one of our members can safely assist you. Thanks and enjoy your ride.

:funnypost:

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: San Tropez Eclipse (Pete)   San Tropez Eclipse (Pete) EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 10:46 am

Welcome Pete...

San Tropez Eclipse (Pete) Sigoutlaws
Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: San Tropez Eclipse (Pete)   San Tropez Eclipse (Pete) EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 3:18 pm

Welcome to the RW forum Pete, feel free to leave the pencils, papers, and manual scoring on Mondays at the door.

cheers

San Tropez Eclipse (Pete) Sigste15
Back to top Go down
Woodstock Wyverns

Woodstock Wyverns

PostSubject: Re: San Tropez Eclipse (Pete)   San Tropez Eclipse (Pete) EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 9:01 pm

Welcome to RW Pete! It's nice to get another person my age milling around this place. It sounds as though we are pretty similar in a family/marriage perspective although I am not a big fan of the Pack like almost everyone else round these parts these days. Look forward to getting to know you Sir.

San Tropez Eclipse (Pete) Sigwyverns
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: San Tropez Eclipse (Pete)   San Tropez Eclipse (Pete) EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 3:54 am

Old man Bob is in your age range... Let's see if he reads this thread. Laughing

San Tropez Eclipse (Pete) Siggol13
Back to top Go down
Woodstock Wyverns

Woodstock Wyverns

PostSubject: Re: San Tropez Eclipse (Pete)   San Tropez Eclipse (Pete) EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 10:08 am

Not quite sure his exact age but very similar references:

Married 24 years - I have been 23 years
20 year old son - I have one that's 21
16 year old daughter - I have two at 18 and 15

We are like brothers no?

Back to top Go down
Kirksville Growlers

Kirksville Growlers

PostSubject: Re: San Tropez Eclipse (Pete)   San Tropez Eclipse (Pete) EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 7:20 pm

Welcome Pete!

Starting to see alot of familiar people in here. Another great guy in the mix

San Tropez Eclipse (Pete) Siggrowlers
Back to top Go down
San Tropez Eclipse

San Tropez Eclipse

PostSubject: Re: San Tropez Eclipse (Pete)   San Tropez Eclipse (Pete) EmptyMon Jul 27, 2015 9:25 pm

Thanks again . Yeah, I'm an old fart. Took my daughter to the coast for a band I'd never heard of. Scrambled to find water near noon to take my pills. Almost fell down the stairs entering QFC due to my walker getting caught on the rug. lol3

Now who stole my Metemucil?

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: San Tropez Eclipse (Pete)   San Tropez Eclipse (Pete) EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 4:30 am

You are a concert whore. You just told me yesterday you won Jackson Browne tickets for this week.
metal

Back to top Go down
San Tropez Eclipse

San Tropez Eclipse

PostSubject: Re: San Tropez Eclipse (Pete)   San Tropez Eclipse (Pete) EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 6:32 am

You are a concert whore.  You just told me yesterday you won Jackson Browne tickets for this week.
metal

Yeah, decided to give them to a old friend who'd never seen him. I've seen Jackson Browne 3 times. I got beer out of the deal so it's all good. thumbsup

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: San Tropez Eclipse (Pete)   San Tropez Eclipse (Pete) EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 8:15 am

You won that trade hands down in my opinion. laughing

San Tropez Eclipse (Pete) Sigbeatniks
Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: San Tropez Eclipse (Pete)   San Tropez Eclipse (Pete) EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 10:10 am

Frozen Tundra wrote:
You are a concert whore.  You just told me yesterday you won Jackson Browne tickets for this week.
metal

Yeah, decided to give them to a old friend who'd never seen him. I've seen Jackson Browne 3 times. I got beer out of the deal so it's all good. thumbsup

You are so smart. beer

Back to top Go down
Woodstock Wyverns

Woodstock Wyverns

PostSubject: Re: San Tropez Eclipse (Pete)   San Tropez Eclipse (Pete) EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 9:07 pm

Jackson Brown is awesome! One of my favorite songs ever...The Load Out.

Back to top Go down
San Tropez Eclipse

San Tropez Eclipse

PostSubject: Re: San Tropez Eclipse (Pete)   San Tropez Eclipse (Pete) EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 12:56 pm

Yeah, he's awesome. Sounds like it was a great show. The Encore was Running on Empty. No surprise there. Figured The Pretender might be the finale, too. Both logical choices and great tunes.

Back to top Go down
Woodstock Wyverns

Woodstock Wyverns

PostSubject: Re: San Tropez Eclipse (Pete)   San Tropez Eclipse (Pete) EmptySat Aug 01, 2015 9:05 pm

Absolutely right. Both are very good.

Back to top Go down
Kirksville Growlers

Kirksville Growlers

PostSubject: Re: San Tropez Eclipse (Pete)   San Tropez Eclipse (Pete) EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 3:38 pm

Frozen Tundra wrote:
Yeah, he's awesome. Sounds like it was a great show. The Encore was  Running on Empty. No surprise there. Figured The Pretender might be the finale, too. Both logical choices and great tunes.

rock on beer

San Tropez Eclipse (Pete) Siggrowlers
Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: San Tropez Eclipse (Pete)   San Tropez Eclipse (Pete) EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 7:19 pm

Welcome aboard. I tend to be the other way around, solid at dynasty and shitty at redraft. I have a very hard time thinking about "now" and not the future, even when I know the future doesn't matter worth a dick in redraft.

San Tropez Eclipse (Pete) Sigmar10
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: San Tropez Eclipse (Pete)   San Tropez Eclipse (Pete) EmptySat Dec 31, 2016 10:39 pm

bump

This thread was way down in the muck.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: San Tropez Eclipse (Pete)   San Tropez Eclipse (Pete) EmptySat Dec 31, 2016 11:26 pm

bump

Isn't that Ed's job

San Tropez Eclipse (Pete) Siggad13
Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: San Tropez Eclipse (Pete)   San Tropez Eclipse (Pete) EmptySat Dec 31, 2016 11:33 pm

Whiskey Creek Gadabouts wrote:
bump

Isn't that Ed's job

I know.  Pissed me off.

San Tropez Eclipse (Pete) 10965

San Tropez Eclipse (Pete) Sigoys15
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: San Tropez Eclipse (Pete)   San Tropez Eclipse (Pete) Empty