:: I forgot my password
x

Share | 

Roster Wars Training Camp announcement

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars Training Camp announcement   Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:04 am

Kingdom City Growlers 2 wrote:
Minnesota Eternals wrote:
We are going to keep this pretty simple.  Roster Wars is for the truly diehard owners and where most of my efforts are aimed obviously.

As for low expectations, yes and no.  This Training Camp league will not come with the same requirements as the main league in regards to owner commitment....BUT....there will still be some expectations.  We aren't running a donk-league after all.  It will be low in terms that owners won't be required to post here but they will need to manage their teams.  As for the activity stuff...while there won't be forum expectations necessarily, there will be a pecking order to who gets into this league and since the aim is to funnel folks into our world here, those looking to participate will come before folks just looking to set a lineup.

More to come soon....

This is important for the RWTC folks to know.  I was asked if the posting requirements were going to be implemented.  

Absolutely NOT! The posting requirements set forth in our bylaws are for owners of the main league, owners on our wait list and prospects trying to reach the waitlist. If folks are only interested in participating in the Training Camp league they will be designated "Friends of RW". While we hope they join the forum and participate to some degree, they will not be obligated to do so and will not be tracked the same way owners are each month.

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars Training Camp announcement   Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:57 am

I'm eager to see how this all plays out... I think we'll find some real gems with this concept

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars Training Camp announcement   Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:33 pm

My mom was in town so I have been off website for a little bit. This is all a really good idea.

I really like the mentoring concept for fantasy players who want to become more involved in IDP and managing a full roster and budget.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars Training Camp announcement   Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:15 am

If someone in the big league leaves during the season, the open spot should be up for grabs in the minor league championship (for prospects only, obviously).

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars Training Camp announcement   Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:23 am

That is great idea. Rankings on minor league would determine who gets the spot.

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars Training Camp announcement   Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:25 am

Actually, I just changed my mind. There is a lot of luck involved to win. Injuries probably play the biggest part and also who goes off in week 16. Rankings should only play a part in it.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars Training Camp announcement   Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:06 am

Please keep me in mind as this progresses.  I am interested in the big show but would also like to have a cup of coffee in the minors while waiting.
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars Training Camp announcement   Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:33 pm

DDT wrote:
Please keep me in mind as this progresses.  I am interested in the big show but would also like to have a cup of coffee in the minors while waiting.

Absolutely. As soon as I have details ironed out, EVERYONE will be getting the opportunity to see what's involved and decide if they want to join.

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars Training Camp announcement   Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:32 am

New England Nineties wrote:
If someone in the big league leaves during the season, the open spot should be up for grabs in the minor league championship (for prospects only, obviously).
I think we should respect the waiting list ordering. The minor league isn't going to have the same posting/activity requirements so I'd rather have owners that have been participating for awhile.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars Training Camp announcement   Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:41 am

San Francisco Golddiggers wrote:
New England Nineties wrote:
I think we should respect the waiting list ordering. The minor league isn't going to have the same posting/activity requirements so I'd rather have owners that have been participating for awhile.

I agree with Han-Yang, if an owner hasn't become a part of our community he should not yet be considered for an immediate opening. Simply having a good team in a redraft league can be just as much due to luck as being a quality fantasy player...

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars Training Camp announcement   Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:10 am

We have a process in place for prospects to our main league.

The Roster Wars Training Camp is intended to give folks a chance to try out IDP with some of the best owners out there, ones willing to help them learn a bit and be cool overall. It's also about getting a glimpse at what the main Roster Wars league is about in the hopes that some people progress towards that goal. Lastly, with many main league owners having cut down so heavily on other leagues, the idea here was to provide an avenue for us to play with some of our friends and family that probably don't quite have it in them to meet the standards of our main league.

Roster Wars Training Camp will always put those in the prospect process first, followed by those considered "likely" or "possibly" interested before just filling out with random folks or even existing RW owners.

Back to top Go down
Kirksville Growlers

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars Training Camp announcement   Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:33 pm

Love this idea and only helps to promote Roster Wars

Can't wait for the rollout!

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars Training Camp announcement   Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:15 am

Kingdom City Growlers 1 wrote:
Love this idea and only helps to promote Roster Wars

Can't wait for the rollout!

For sure!   This is going to be bad ass!

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars Training Camp announcement   Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:49 pm

I have heard from 0 owners on this today!?!?! Only the ones in the committee are interested in participating?

By the way, owners don't need to fill out the survey. Just shoot me an email and let me know if you want to play in our redraft league. Thanks cunts.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars Training Camp announcement   Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:53 pm

Laughing Too funny. I replied!

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars Training Camp announcement   Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:05 pm

We're not worthy!
We're not worthy!

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars Training Camp announcement   Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:31 pm

I was going to reply, but then I saw I was already slotted.

cheers

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars Training Camp announcement   Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:37 pm

Norfolk Bombers wrote:

cheers

Yeah, you're a big deal in the RWTC...which is good cuz not so much in the big league. laughing

...as if I should talk shit. no

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars Training Camp announcement   Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:56 pm

a little worried about having to much on my plate already for this season - if things change I'll sign up

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars Training Camp announcement   Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:19 am

Norfolk Bombers wrote:

cheers

Yeah, you're a big deal in the RWTC...which is good cuz not so much in the big league.  laughing  

...as if I should talk shit.  no

surprised
kung fu
rant
baghead2

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars Training Camp announcement   Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:34 am

I'm giving it serious thought, though there is little doubt I'm going to join in. RW comes first, but dynasty in general also comes first, so redrafts only fit based on number of dynasty leagues I have going. Couple of questions:

Would it be a pain in your ass if someone plays season 1 and then bails for the 2nd season?

Are we obligated to choose a new team name? Prohibited from picking a new team name?

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars Training Camp announcement   Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:52 am

Baja Beatniks wrote:
I'm giving it serious thought, though there is little doubt I'm going to join in.  RW comes first, but dynasty in general also comes first, so redrafts only fit based on number of dynasty leagues I have going.  Couple of questions:

Would it be a pain in your ass if someone plays season 1 and then bails for the 2nd season?

Are we obligated to choose a new team name?  Prohibited from picking a new team name?

Good questions...

It's a redraft so it will not be a pain if you don't stay in it year after year.

As for team names, you won't be picking new names. The intent is for everyone to have an approved team name which all current owners already have. Choosing new team names would just be confusing around here.

Ideally we would have 48 teams that are unique to our world playing in this thing but that isn't gonna be the case in year 1 so hopefully enough of our current owners will be interested to help fill it out and recruit for it. Next year, some will leave and hopefully we have no problem adding in new blood so that it does what it's intended to do...

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars Training Camp announcement   Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:04 am

Thanks. Thought so on the names. Came away from the bylaws wondering, though.

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars Training Camp announcement   Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:43 am

Last question: (I think)

Any issue with paying the fee from existing bank balance? Need to be kept separate for purposes of the treasurer?

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars Training Camp announcement   Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:30 pm

No issue with taking funds from your existing account with me. This will just be an additional branch of what I already do.

Whenever I move monies around I double and triple check that the numbers add up to the same as the balance total in the separate bank account we have for ROSTER WARS.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars Training Camp announcement   Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:29 pm

Still interested, Andy will shoot the email in a few. I have some very limited time right now, but have a couple of questions.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars Training Camp announcement   Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:38 pm

FYI.. think this is a good idea, but I'm not interested in playing.

Back to top Go down
Kirksville Growlers

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars Training Camp announcement   Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:43 pm

Hope this fills up soon, thankfully I am way to busy to even consider this lol

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars Training Camp announcement   Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:11 pm

Baja Beatniks wrote:

Are we obligated to choose a new team name?  Prohibited from picking a new team name?

Good questions...

As for team names, you won't be picking new names.  The intent is for everyone to have an approved team name which all current owners already have.  

Is Winsted Psycho's an approved name? If I remember correctly you and me came up with that at the start of Roster Wars. Or do I need to make a change??

Winsted, Mn is my home town

Psycho's - well I think that speaks for itself about me.... lol

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars Training Camp announcement   Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:37 pm

Your good Shawn.

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars Training Camp announcement   Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:00 pm

Your good Shawn.  

Thats good... I don't think I could handle another identity... I don't need any more voices in my head causing trouble.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars Training Camp announcement   Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:10 pm

Your good Shawn.  

You're*

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars Training Camp announcement   Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:52 pm

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
Your good Shawn.  

You're*

Cunt*

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars Training Camp announcement   Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:55 pm

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
Your good Shawn.  

You're*

Cunt*

For some reason I knew that was going to happen. And for some reason, I still giggled.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars Training Camp announcement   

Back to top Go down

Roster Wars Training Camp announcement
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Main RW Lobby-
Jump to: