Indiana Mayhem
Baja Beatniks
England Dragons
30 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sam

Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras) Empty
PostSubject: Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras)   Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras) EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 1:00 am

removed

Last edited by samjudd on Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:17 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
England Dragons

England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras)   Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras) EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 1:16 am

Welcome Sam! Great Bio - love the Tebow story...

Sounds like you'll love it here. Hand around with us, post as often as you like wherever you like so we can all get to know each other.

cheers

Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras) Sigdra13
Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras)   Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras) EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 4:41 am

Hi Sam. I'm glad you found us. Don't know if you can truly answer this until you get through the bylaws, but are you thinking you'd like to run a franchise here or just hang out, shoot the shit and trade ideas. Just curious...either way, we're glad to have your company. Like Jon said, hop in on any thread you like or start conversations of your own.

The P-8 is fascinating to me. Don't know that I've ever mentioned this to RW, but until the age of 19 or 20, I was obsessed with the pursuit of becoming a naval aviator. Maybe everyone was after Top Gun came out but I carried it forward with intensity. Started flying when I was 14. Dad even bought a plane and traded chicken manure for my lessons to a guy with a grass strip. To make a long story short - asthma. Could never get my foot in the door with the Navy. It was severe back then and my efforts to hide or lie about it failed. Still captivated by military aircraft.

So, on the missions you fly, are you always fully armed? I don't think most would recognize what you all can carry by seeing the aircraft itself. It's beautiful, but looks harmless, too. Little do they know...

Have a secondary fascination with depth charges and submarine warfare in general so curious to know if your ship is always prepared for combat as you're hunting or if it depends on the mssion. Please...bombard me with stories.

Welcome and see you around.

Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras) Sigbeatniks
Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras)   Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras) EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 7:49 am

Welcome Sam. My dogs name is Sam so youre off to a good start in my book.

Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras) Sigmay18
Back to top Go down
Cybertron Screamers

Cybertron Screamers

PostSubject: Re: Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras)   Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras) EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 7:56 am

hey

Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras) Sigscreamers
Back to top Go down
Pacific Puffins

Pacific Puffins

PostSubject: Re: Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras)   Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras) EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 10:22 am

Welcome Sam. I hope you stick around. I can't wait to argue with you. Whatever we argue about, I know I'm already right. It's always nice to have a fellow arguer on board.

Thank you for your service. Don't get sucked into the promotion talk when you hit 20. Retirement has to be better.

Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras) Sigpuf13
Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras)   Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras) EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 10:44 am

Welcome sir

If u want to know more about the owners here, check out the RW Psycho Press thread in the league lobby.

U may be shocked to read what kind of strange peeps are here. Lol

Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras) Sigpsychos
Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras)   Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras) EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 10:58 am

What's up Sam!  Glad you found Roster Wars.  So stick around so we can get to know you better

Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras) Sigsil14
Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras)   Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras) EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 12:24 pm

Welcome Sam!

As Shawn said, thank you for your service. That said, don't listen to him. My Dad did 30 years in the Navy and loved it.

Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras) Sigfre11
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras)   Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras) EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 12:53 pm

removed

Last edited by samjudd on Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras)   Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras) EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 12:58 pm

removed

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras)   Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras) EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 12:59 pm

Winsted Psychos wrote:
Welcome sir

If u want to know more about the owners here, check out the RW Psycho Press thread in the league lobby.

U may be shocked to read what kind of strange peeps are here.  Lol

thanks I'm going to check that out. I was reading some of the Press Threads last night.. Some of you guys are extremely creative. :)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras)   Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras) EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 1:00 pm

removed

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras)   Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras) EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 2:20 pm

Welcome aboard!

cheers

Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras) Sigbom11
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras)   Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras) EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 9:04 pm

Welcome to RW sir! Very good intro and thank you for your service. Stick around, check in often and jump in anywhere.

I need to re-examine the access stuff...you should be able to learn who folks are...

Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras) Sigete14
Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras)   Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras) EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 10:07 pm

What up Sam. Welcome to the controlled chaos that is known as Roster Wars.

Salute to you for your service. Nicely done on the bio, I hope the time that you put into it doesn't go to waste and you eventually skip out. I am a little late to this party but I see you have reached the 8 post mark. That has been somewhat of a trap door for a few, just sayin.

cheers

Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras) 18_sig10
Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras)   Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras) EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 6:23 am

Welcome! Glad you found us!

Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras) Sigpig15
Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras)   Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras) EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 8:25 am

Welcome to RW!

Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras) Siggol13
Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras)   Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras) EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 8:53 am

Thanks for your service Sam! Good to have you here, stick around and get on the wait list.

Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras) Sigmus15
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras)   Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras) EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 12:50 pm

removed

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras)   Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras) EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 8:33 pm

Welcome Sam!
Nice intro

Assuming you want to get on the road towards a franchise you should start with a name! (see the instructions laughing )

What's your email btw?

Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras) Sigafr15
Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras)   Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras) EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 5:37 pm

Welcome Sam. Good bio. Thanks for serving in the military. i hope you stick around RWs.

Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras) Sigdiv12
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras)   Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras) EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 9:52 pm

removed

Last edited by samjudd on Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras)   Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras) EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 11:35 pm

I need to double-check the bylaws I guess but the team name does not have to be anything to do with where you live...it just needs to be the PLACE>NICKNAME format as opposed to something like the always original "Show Me Your TD's". You could be the "Bikini Bottom Badasses" for all I care as that is a place and a nickname.

Every year we go to my parents house for a pool party with the family. We usually skip fireworks since we can watch em off our deck a week later but this year we might be going because our son is having a friend overnight.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras)   Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras) EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 11:47 pm

Bikini is a place, or Bikini Bottom is a place?

scratch

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras)   Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras) EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 11:48 pm

England Dragons wrote:
Bikini is a place, or Bikini Bottom is a place?

scratch

Bikini Bottom is a fictitious place in Spongebob Squarepants cartoons.

Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras) Bikini%20Bottom

Back to top Go down
Kirksville Growlers

Kirksville Growlers

PostSubject: Re: Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras)   Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras) EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 8:10 pm

Welcome to the group Sam!

Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras) Siggrowlers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras)   Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras) EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 8:28 pm

cool I may have just interpreted it wrong then..

either way I will get on Brainstorming a name for my team.

Enjoy your 4th !!
Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras)   Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras) EmptySat Jul 04, 2015 2:07 pm

rock on welcome

Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras) Siggoo18
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras)   Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras) EmptyThu Jul 09, 2015 10:50 pm

I hope everyone had a great and safe 4th, unlike JPP.. Ouch.. Have you guys seen the gruesome picture that was released of his hand ?

Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras) 60247088

Just in case you hadn't seen it.. eww

Anyways over the 4th we had a storm here in Maryland, while the family and I was away, that apparently fried my laptop (had a surge protector, lot of good it did), so I have been begging and pleading the wife to use her laptop the past few days.. I will be getting mine back from the techs hopefully next week so sorry I haven't been on here much and will hopefully be more frequent once I get that solved.. But wanted to drop a line and also say Congrats for winning on the contest.

I was told my entry for my league was a distant 2nd, not too distant but still behind you guys.. I will gladly take it as I think both leagues are fantastic.. Congrats guys.
Back to top Go down
Pacific Puffins

Pacific Puffins

PostSubject: Re: Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras)   Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras) EmptyThu Jul 09, 2015 11:18 pm

Wow. That looks horrible. I knew he lost his index finger, but the middle and ring fingers have gotta be toast too. I wonder how much function he will have in that hand. I figured from the reports that he would be able to manage, but I don't see how he will ever be able to grab anything. It'll be interesting to see how this affects him.

And I find it appalling that someone would break the law to get this information out. Sad.

Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras) Sigpuf13
Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras)   Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras) EmptyThu Jul 09, 2015 11:33 pm

That is one disgusting photo......  I think I'm gonna be sick  sick

Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras) Sigsil14
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras)   Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras) EmptyFri Jul 10, 2015 12:34 am

That photo is disturbing...fireworks are not worth your hand.

Did they really tell you that you were a "distant 2nd place" Sam? That seems odd. Thanks for the congrats...another entrant gave me an eyeroll smily when I claimed the status of "best dynasty league in the world" which is intriguing to me. Was the eyeroll indicative of their feelings that we shouldn't have won, that the contest wasn't legit enough to make such a determination (although he entered it too...haha) or something else?...just weird.

Back to top Go down
Singapore Slings

Singapore Slings

PostSubject: Re: Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras)   Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras) EmptyFri Jul 10, 2015 4:21 am

Holy shit I hadn't seen that photo! The reports I'd seen were vascillating between flesh wound and hand removal. Seems that it is closer to the latter.... I love fireworks and was lighting them off in the back yard for the kiddos on the 4th- nothing mamoth, but some small mortars that went up and were loud and fun for them (and me).

Seriously though, what the fuck are you doing with a firework to actually blow your hand off? I remember some firecrackers back in the day that had wicks which burnt down almost instantly, but unless he was trying to hold a firecracker in a closed fist... how the hell does this happen? He had to have been drunk, no?

Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras) Sigslings
Back to top Go down
England Dragons

England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras)   Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras) EmptyFri Jul 10, 2015 12:45 pm

That looks a little sore. If he can't play again I'm pretty sure he can get some horror film work without the need for any make-up...

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras)   Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras) EmptyFri Jul 10, 2015 1:20 pm

Holy shit. Damn. Just damn.

Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras) Sigmar10
Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras)   Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras) EmptyFri Jul 10, 2015 1:31 pm

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
Holy shit.  Damn.  Just damn.  

^This.

Yikes.

Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras) Siggad13
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras)   Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras) EmptyFri Jul 10, 2015 9:29 pm

Singapore Slings wrote:
some firecrackers back in the day that had wicks which burnt down almost instantly

Fuckin' Ladyfingers. Things were ridiculous.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras)   Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras) EmptyFri Jul 10, 2015 9:49 pm

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
Holy shit.  Damn.  Just damn.  
DITTO!!!

Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras) Siggoo18
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras)   Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras) EmptyMon Jul 13, 2015 6:14 pm

After "googling" images of firework injuries I have seen that picture come up on more than one occasion making me now believe that maybe that was a fake picture getting circulated as "JPP".. but either way I have seen it confirmed in several places that he lost a finger and I could imagine it looking something like this.. which is just gross.

I remember being a young dumb kid, aka 15 to 20 and not getting paid millions of dollars to play football where I need my hands and playing with fireworks and never testing the limits this much. We did bottle rocket and roman candle wars mostly and while there was always room for buffoonery I would think that you almost need to close your fist around a firework for that kind of carnage to happen.

I also heard a report of a youtube star, whatever that is, putting a firework (mortar) on his head and lighting it off and dieing immediately.. Where do these people come up with this stuff is beyond me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras)   Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras) EmptyWed Jul 15, 2015 10:28 pm

name picked... Lone Star Chupacabras
Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras)   Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras) EmptyWed Jul 15, 2015 11:01 pm

Chupa my cobra? You dirty bastard.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras)   Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras) EmptyWed Jul 15, 2015 11:48 pm

samjudd wrote:

Nice - that's a good one.

vote yes

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras)   Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras) EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 8:47 am

samjudd wrote:

I don't think "Lone Star" is a place so I think we need to work on this one. "Lone Star State" would work but the issue there is that the whole name "Lone Star State Chupacabras" is too long at 27 characters (including spaces). We need to be at 25 or less so the team name can be your username here on the boards. Think on it...we obviously have time to get it squared away.

If it were me and I just had to have that name...maybe "Lone Star" could be made into one word thus ditching the space so "Lonestar" but we'd still be at 26 so maybe ditching the unnecessary "e" so it was "Lonstar State Chupacabras" but then it looks like Onstar, the service..LOL

I think we need to work on "the place" because Chupacabras is definitely a cool team name.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras)   Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras) EmptyFri Jul 17, 2015 3:27 pm

ok dang it.. I was looking at some of the location parts of names and saw they werent all cites/states/countries so i thought that would work.. will think on it some more
Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras)   Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras) EmptySat Jul 18, 2015 12:51 am

samjudd wrote:
ok dang it.. I was looking at some of the location parts of names and saw they werent all cites/states/countries so i thought that would work.. will think on it some more

Sugar Land Chupacabras

Round Rock Chupacabras

Texas City Chupacabras

Killeen Chupacabras

Waco Chupacabras

coffee coffee

Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras) Sigpsychos
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras)   Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras) EmptySat Jul 18, 2015 10:15 am

I love when folks brainstorm. Good on you Psychos.

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras)   Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras) EmptySat Jul 18, 2015 10:24 am

Lone Star Semen would fit. Get it?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras)   Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras) EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 9:48 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
samjudd wrote:

I don't think "Lone Star" is a place so I think we need to work on this one.

I love me some Google

http://www.city-data.com/city/Lone-Star-Texas.html
Lone Star, Texas 75668 Population 1,569 and one fantasy team named the Chupa what? The Chupacarbras !!
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras)   Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras) EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 11:32 pm

samjudd wrote:
Minnesota Eternals wrote:
samjudd wrote:

I don't think "Lone Star" is a place so I think we need to work on this one.

I love me some Google

http://www.city-data.com/city/Lone-Star-Texas.html
Lone Star, Texas 75668 Population 1,569 and one fantasy team named the Chupa what? The Chupacarbras !!

That town will no longer exist by this time next week.  steamroller

If there was a town called "Badass" I wouldn't allow that either.  

Your technicality > kick nuts < RWP

Google > slap  < RWP

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras)   Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras) Empty

Back to top Go down

Sam (Lone Star Chupacabras)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Bulletin Board :: Check In-
Jump to: