View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Philip Dorsett WR IND   Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:20 pm

A strange pick IMO.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Philip Dorsett WR IND   Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:24 pm

Yeah, I really do not understand this one.

Andre Johnson
TY Hilton
Donte Moncrief
Phillip Dorsett
Duron Carter

Lots of speed in the young guys, crafty Vet in AJ.

Need Defense, don't get it.......

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Philip Dorsett WR IND   Fri May 01, 2015 4:26 pm

Decatur Freakshow wrote:
Yeah, I really do not understand this one.

Andre Johnson
TY Hilton
Donte Moncrief
Phillip Dorsett
Duron Carter

Lots of speed in the young guys, crafty Vet in AJ.

Need Defense, don't get it.......

Carter will be off this team before camp or with first cuts...

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Philip Dorsett WR IND   Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:20 pm

He fumbled. Total bust no Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: Philip Dorsett WR IND   Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:55 pm

Hard to evaluate him today with Hilton and Moncrief not in the lineup. It did seem that the Colts were looking for him a lot.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Philip Dorsett WR IND   Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:21 am

He looked alright. But with the pick they are basically doing what the Packers do, in just replenishing Luck's weapons. You have a top tier QB, feed him. The Packers just tend to do it in the 2nd-3rd round, sometimes just trading down from the end of the first to the beginning of the second.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Philip Dorsett WR IND   Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:58 am

Good performance which could create a chance to sell high to those that didn't pay attention to who didn't play.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Philip Dorsett WR IND   Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:35 am

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
Good performance which could create a chance to sell high to those that didn't pay attention to who didn't play.

Laughing

I can't wait for him to go off. He'll be a WR2 by the time next season rolls around. I only liked him a little before I drafted him, but all the hate he is getting, is making me like him more than I should.

Moncrief is a JAG. I bet he can't even hold off Carter. TY and Dorsett will be the tandem Luck prefers, and no one will be able to keep up with that duo.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Philip Dorsett WR IND   Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:30 am

Morrison Minions wrote:
Bergen Brawlers wrote:

Laughing

I can't wait for him to go off. He'll be a WR2 by the time next season rolls around. I only liked him a little before I drafted him, but all the hate he is getting, is making me like him more than I should.

Moncrief is a JAG. I bet he can't even hold off Carter. TY and Dorsett will be the tandem Luck prefers, and no one will be able to keep up with that duo.

All the hate? The hype on this backup is miles above his head.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Philip Dorsett WR IND   Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:44 pm

Dorsett is going to be pretty good.  

I'm not a fan of short WRs, but with this guy playing with Luck, he has a chance to have a very big year.  If he was on a team with an, ok QB, he would probably put up pedestrian type numbers.  But on the Colts he's gonna be sweet!

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Philip Dorsett WR IND   Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:40 am

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Morrison Minions wrote:
Bergen Brawlers wrote:

Laughing

All the hate? The hype on this backup is miles above his head.

No kidding.

As it applies to Dorsett, the definition of "hate" seems to be if one dares to suggest that the Hilton re-signing is a bad development for Dorsett's future.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Philip Dorsett WR IND   Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:37 am

I agree with Derrick, I like the WRs tall.........but you do get those scrappy catch anything guys under 6 foot on a few NFL teams yearly.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Philip Dorsett WR IND   Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:20 pm

I got him in the 18th of my startup dynasty with my buddies and felt good about it. I like him, but am not extremely gaga over him like some. The guys in our league literally hate the guy since TY's extension.

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Philip Dorsett WR IND   Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:43 pm

I don't care for the guy either. Way way over hyped for a guy that hasn't even caught a NFL pass yet....

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: Philip Dorsett WR IND   Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:27 pm

Broken ankle. Projected out for 4-6 weeks.

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Philip Dorsett WR IND   Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:08 pm

Baja Beatniks wrote:
Broken ankle.  Projected out for 4-6 weeks.  

is this guy still on the roster??????? So much for him having more value then Moncrief.... mock

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Philip Dorsett WR IND   Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:30 am

Quote :
Colts rookie WR Phillip Dorsett will have surgery on his fractured lower left leg Tuesday.

Dorsett is expected to miss 4-6 weeks, but said he plans on returning before the end of the season. "I don't think (there is) any nerve or ligament damage," Dorsett said. "Just a clean fracture." Dorsett does not have more than two receptions in a game this season, but he had started to see his snap total grow in the last several weeks. Indianapolis could add offseason-sensation Duron Carter off the practice squad.

Send him to IR, please.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Philip Dorsett WR IND   Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:16 pm

Too bad. I think this kid could be pretty good if he played with a decent quarterback.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Philip Dorsett WR IND   Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:09 am

New England Nineties wrote:
Too bad. I think this kid could be pretty good if he played with a decent quarterback.

HAHA, yeah that is the crazy thing. I actually said last night to a buddy, "Did Andrew Luck fool everyone? He had me fooled".

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Philip Dorsett WR IND   Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:48 pm

Rumors that Andre is out the door. I drafted Dorsett knowing he will be a boom/bust player week to week, and this should finally get him on the field in 3 wide sets. I don't think he will need a ton of snaps, so even as Indi's WR3, I'm confident he'll get monster points.

I'm excited to see it happen.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Philip Dorsett WR IND   Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:33 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
Rumors that Andre is out the door. I drafted Dorsett knowing he will be a boom/bust player week to week, and this should finally get him on the field in 3 wide sets. I don't think he will need a ton of snaps, so even as Indi's WR3, I'm confident he'll get monster points.

I'm excited to see it happen.
Me too, I drafted him expecting very little in yr 1. If Johnson is out the door I expect him to be the 2nd or 3rd option. I'm loving my Moncrief/Dorsett combination

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Philip Dorsett WR IND   Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:25 pm

Still pisses me off they took him.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Philip Dorsett WR IND   Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:27 pm

Quote :
(Rotoworld)Colts.com expects Phillip Dorsett to replace Andre Johnson in three-wide sets.
Analysis: With Johnson considering retirement, Dorsett is the obvious in-house replacement. Dorsett had mostly a lost rookie season, but is a second-year leap candidate. He should see close to the 65 percent of snaps Johnson played in 2015.

65% sounds good to me mischieveous

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Philip Dorsett WR IND   Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:55 am

Morrison Minions wrote:
Quote :
(Rotoworld)Colts.com expects Phillip Dorsett to replace Andre Johnson in three-wide sets.
Analysis: With Johnson considering retirement, Dorsett is the obvious in-house replacement. Dorsett had mostly a lost rookie season, but is a second-year leap candidate. He should see close to the 65 percent of snaps Johnson played in 2015.

65% sounds good to me mischieveous

How is it I knew you'd like that?

So 65% of 3 games.............

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Philip Dorsett WR IND   Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:44 pm

Quote :
Indianapolis Colts WR Phillip Dorsett "is really going to surprise people" in 2016, according to ESPN.com's Mike Wells. Wells said the Colts will be using three wide receivers moving forward.

There it is. It's official now.

fun dance

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Philip Dorsett WR IND   Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:07 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
Quote :
Indianapolis Colts WR Phillip Dorsett "is really going to surprise people" in 2016, according to ESPN.com's Mike Wells. Wells said the Colts will be using three wide receivers moving forward.

fun dance

Own him in a league where I could really benefit from him doing well this year. Come on bitch!

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Philip Dorsett WR IND   Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:09 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
Quote :

fun dance

Oh shit...Mike Wells is saying it now!?!?!? lol3 Luckily for Dorsett there is little in the way for competition so maybe it'll work out for ya. Good luck to ya...don't have a dog in the fight but doubt Dorsett ever becomes a big deal.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Philip Dorsett WR IND   Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:41 pm

This is perhaps more telling...same source, but at least some stats to back it up a bit.

Quote :
ESPN Colts reporter Mike Wells believes Donte Moncrief will lead the team in receptions this season.
Moncrief only saw 11 fewer targets than T.Y. Hilton in Andrew Luck's seven starts last year and led the Colts in touchdowns (5) in those games. This may seem like a beat writer "hot take" on the surface, but it's not crazy with Moncrief a prime candidate for a third-year leap. The Colts lost 222 targets from 2015. Jul 19 - 12:32 PM  

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Philip Dorsett WR IND   Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:05 pm

Excited to own Moncrief and Dorsett, they should go to the old school Run and Shoot so they both get a 100catches.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Philip Dorsett WR IND   Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:04 am

Morrison Minions wrote:
Quote :

fun dance

Oh shit...Mike Wells is saying it now!?!?!?  lol3  Luckily for Dorsett there is little in the way for competition so maybe it'll work out for ya.  Good luck to ya...don't have a dog in the fight but doubt Dorsett ever becomes a big deal.

This Dorsett shenanigans is only fun when you're talking shit. I put up a softball for ya.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Philip Dorsett WR IND   Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:15 am

Morrison Minions wrote:
Morrison Minions wrote:
Quote :

fun dance

Oh shit...Mike Wells is saying it now!?!?!?  lol3  Luckily for Dorsett there is little in the way for competition so maybe it'll work out for ya.  Good luck to ya...don't have a dog in the fight but doubt Dorsett ever becomes a big deal.

This Dorsett shenanigans is only fun when you're talking shit. I put up a softball for ya.

So you want me to repeat that I think he's not gonna be more than half what some of you think he'll be...that I still clearly remember him catching one with his belly button and that as soon as there is anything one could label as competition that he'll be holding down one end of the bench or the other? Looking at their depth chart it makes me sad because he just might be forced into being "something" like so many players have in history.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Philip Dorsett WR IND   Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:18 am

Who will score more this year, Dorsett, or Martavis Bryant?  embarrassed

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Philip Dorsett WR IND   Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:21 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Who will score more this year, Dorsett, or Martavis Bryant?  embarrassed

lol3 See Shawn, Dorsett is such weaksauce that when 3rd parties start throwing out THIS OR THAT's they start by pairing him against suspended players. Only can go up from here I suppose.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Philip Dorsett WR IND   Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:58 am

I am not a Dorsett believer at all, but he certainly could see a significant uptick in targets this year since fleener is gone and instead of running all those 2 TE formations they will be going to more 3 wide sets... We'll see what he does with the opportunity, though I am still thinking he is no better than the #4 target after Dwayne Allen...

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Philip Dorsett WR IND   Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:22 am

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
I am not a Dorsett believer at all,   but he certainly could see a significant uptick in targets this year since fleener is gone and instead of running all those 2 TE formations they will be going to more 3 wide sets...   We'll see what he does with the opportunity,   though I am still thinking he is no better than the #4 target after Dwayne Allen...

Chris and I agree....which means everyone else is FUCKED!

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Philip Dorsett WR IND   Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:30 am

Chris and I agree....which means everyone else is FUCKED!

Pretty much... ROFL

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Philip Dorsett WR IND   Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:32 am

Yep,  the end is Nigh,  so let's enjoy it!

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Philip Dorsett WR IND   Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:58 am

In my eyes, there is no way Dwayne Allen will get more targets than Dorsett. No freaking way if both are healthy this year.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Philip Dorsett WR IND   Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:05 pm

I don't think Dorsett should be judged by how many targets he gets. Being the 4th target doesn't mean that he will score less fantasy points than the 3 above him receiving more targets. He will make his money on deeper routes, which makes me feel that he should be judged more on his YPR.

I see him in the DeSean Jackson mold. Which is probably the exact reason most people don't like him. But Jackson has had some very solid seasons.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Philip Dorsett WR IND   Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:09 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
I don't think Dorsett should be judged by how many targets he gets. Being the 4th target doesn't mean that he will score less fantasy points than the 3 above him receiving more targets. He will make his money on deeper routes, which makes me feel that he should be judged more on his YPR.

I see him in the DeSean Jackson mold. Which is probably the exact reason most people don't like him. But Jackson has had some very solid seasons.

I see him as an upgraded DJax. He can surely run that deep route, but Dorsett can get open on short routes, and make shit happen after the catch. I see DJax as a one trick pony, and Dorsett with more tools.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Philip Dorsett WR IND   Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:03 pm

I agree that the # of targets does not necessarily correlate with having more or less fantasy points, it is what you do with the touches you get... However, targets represent opportunity and that is half the battle.

Andrew Luck has always peppered his TE's with lots of targets, that is why I won't be surprised at all if Allen ends up targeted more than Dorsett, and of course Moncrief and Hilton should be the primary target hogs.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Philip Dorsett WR IND   Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:38 pm

I'll judge him with my eyeballs and compare that to his weekly consistency and those two things are combined to come up with a "How interested am I in having this player on my team" rating and....

you shouldn't be holding your breath.

I predict he has a couple decent games, misleading you into starting him a lot and being burned the majority of the time and my chuckling intermittently during the season.

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Philip Dorsett WR IND   Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:53 am

Nothing more than a bye-week filler career ahead of Dorsett...

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Philip Dorsett WR IND   Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:40 pm

Since we were talking about Dorsett... I love this kid.

Quote :
Indianapolis Star's Zak Keefer believes 2015 first-round WR Phillip Dorsett is in line for a "breakout season."

With Andre Johnson and Coby Fleener gone, the Colts are shifting to more of a three-wide offense after employing a ton of two-tight end sets with Fleener and Dwayne Allen in years past. Dorsett is taking over as the No. 3 receiver behind T.Y. Hilton and Donte Moncrief. Dorsett missed five games as a rookie due to a broken fibula and played the final three games with Matt Hasselbeck, Josh Freeman, and Ryan Lindley. With a MyFantasyLeague.com ADP of 151 overall, Dorsett is an excellent late-round flier. He'll be close to a full-time player in an offense that lost a ton of targets from 2015 and gets Andrew Luck back healthy.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Philip Dorsett WR IND   Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:56 pm

Las Vegas DeGenerates wrote:

Nothing more than a bye-week filler career ahead of Dorsett...

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Philip Dorsett WR IND   Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:49 am

Moncrief out 4-6 weeks. It's PHILLIP DORSETT TIME! Get ready boys, Dorsett will be the NFL's #1 WR over the next 4 weeks. fun dance

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Philip Dorsett WR IND   Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:15 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
Moncrief out 4-6 weeks. It's PHILLIP DORSETT TIME! Get ready boys, Dorsett will be the NFL's #1 WR over the next 4 weeks. fun dance

Yup, pretty easy to tell you live in Colorado..................

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Philip Dorsett WR IND   

Back to top Go down

Philip Dorsett WR IND
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: