Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
Laughing

I liked it

That's more like it!

troll

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:24 am

After talking with the judging panel... No good was ruled on the story about AP buddy... No good.

Back to top Go down
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:32 pm

I love you Adrian. I'm sorry I let you go to a crappy team.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:37 pm

Adrian Peterson Q&A was today on Reddit.  Here's some questions and answers:

Q: What are your hobbies?

A: my hobbies are call of duty, laying in bed relaxin. im a homebody. i like to shoot pool, like to bowl, like to fish even though i havent gone in like two years.

Q: Hey AD, Who are your best friends on other NFL teams?

A: larry fitzgerald is a guy im cool with, cromartie, sidney rice, percy, even though he only answers the phone every blue moon, arian foster, andre johnson, antonio smith, leon washington, jacoby jones

Q: Reporters always mention your "bone-crushing" handshake and seem to act like you're not aware of your own strength. As someone who appreciates a firm handshake, do you put just a bit more squeeze on 'em when you shake a reporters hand?

A: lol! you got me on this one, i actually do put a little more into it for some of the reporters. they're like sour patch kids! guys can be so nice and so sour at times

Q: Other than yourself, who is the best RB in the league?

A: all around guy, productive, id have to go with arian foster and marshawn lynch. talentwise, chris johnson and my guy frank gore.

Q: Who do you think is the best rookie RB prospect in the NFL this year?

A: eddie lacy, but he's on a passing team. but that was a real good pickup... that i didnt like

Q: If you were to name a fantasy football team after yourself, what would it be?

A: all day all stars!

Q: Do you prefer AD or AP?

A: AD!

Q: Have any pranks ever happened among you and your teammates?

A: not too many pranks but weve had jared allen come in to team meetings in a speedo and a cowboy hat. he is crazy

Q: What do you think of the new offensive rule about lowering the crown of the helmet? Do you think it will affect your play? If you were commissioner would you have instituted it?

A: the rule is what it is. i think it helps prevent injuries. i dont know. i like it in a sense cuz of concussions and neck injuries but on the flipside its going to make guys attack lower. look at keller.

Q: How rigorous (and painful) was the physical recovery process last year? At its peak, what kind of exercises and regimen did the doctors have you on?

A: the pain was brutal. my manhood definitely was tested. but mentally i had to get it done, suck up the pain. some of the exercises i did a lot of stationary bike just to get the flexibility back. just to get the muscles firing. the worst exercise was the bending to break down the patellar tendon. doing that manually and the flexinator you put your foot in a crank and it bends the leg for you. not good memories but it helped out tremendously.

Q: What has been the toughest challenge (aside from the unfortunate injury) you have faced to get where you're at today?

A: toughest challenge was losing my brother at a young age. i was age of 7. just holding him and seeing it happen, it happened right in front of me. holding him, trying to call his name and he wan't responding. at the time he was braindead but i didnt know. that was the toughest thing to deal with but it was the one thing that made me who i am.

Q: Had the Vikings not drafted you in 2007, which team would you have preferred to go to?

A: texans!

Q:  what went through your head when Pam Oliver told you "9 yards."

A: it was a little confusing. 9 yards! i dunno it was bittersweet at the time because we had just won as a team, we were in the playoffs, knocked chicago out, but to be 9 yards short. i knew i didnt break it cuz they would have announced it. to get so close. thats the bitter part.

Q: How do you feel about being called Purple Jesus?

A: mixed emotions. thats pretty funny but im a big on faith. i dont really like to be called purple jesus because there's only one. i get what theyre sayin though.

Q: What's your favorite type of food?

A: seafood! i just have to be careful what i eat now. chinese food and italian. soul food is just a part of me so i dont really consider that.

Q: Do you eat wheaties for breakfast?

A: yes i do! with bananas. and im trying new muddy wheaties with chocolate milk. its scrumptious

Q: Xbox or Playstation?

A: playstation!

Q: What areas of your game do you think you need to improve upon?

A: areas i can improve upon is everything, pass protection running the ball, blocking down the field, catching the ball, tackling when needed but you dont want to tackle much on offense.

Q: When you’re in the huddle, what play do you want to hear called?

A: favorite play is 42 lead, its a draw play. i love hearing north and south plays

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:00 pm

Someone get the word to this guy that I will take him fishing any time!

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Destroyers

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:15 pm

Better eat your Wheaties!

Back to top Go down
Singapore Slings

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:31 am

Andy, I would like to change my team name to the All Day All Stars.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:09 pm

Singapore Slings wrote:
Andy, I would like to change my team name to the All Day All Stars.
Request denied.

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:43 am

I love this guy... I drafted him his rookie year in one of my dynasty leagues but traded him during week 2 of his rookie season and haven't owned him since, until this year :)

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:32 am

Quote :
Updating a previous report, Minnesota Vikings RB Adrian Peterson is dealing with a family member that has a very serious medical issue.
:(

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:39 am

Jersey Legionnaires wrote:
Quote :
Updating a previous report, Minnesota Vikings RB Adrian Peterson is dealing with a family member that has a very serious medical issue.
:(
sad3  Awfully vague. Hope it works out for their family.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:58 am

Absolutely fucking disgusting. I don't have words enough for this situation.

Quote :
Adrian Peterson's 2-year-old son is currently in critical condition in a South Dakota hospital ... after he was allegedly severely beaten by the man dating the mother of his child, TMZ has learned.

The Minnesota Vikings running back immediately left his team to be with his son.

Officials tell us they've arrested the suspect, 27-year-old Joseph Patterson ... who's been charged with aggravated felony assault and battery of an infant.

According to law enforcement, emergency responders arrived to the apartment where Peterson's son was living at 5:46 PM on Wednesday ... and found the child unresponsive.

He was rushed to a nearby hospital and medical experts determined the injuries were consistent with abuse.

Law enforcement sources tell us ... the child suffered severe head injuries.

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:05 am

Thats terrible I hope someone kills the flucker in jail. You never abuse a young life...

Back to top Go down
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:24 am

Bastard

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:45 am

Wow that is just awful. A 2 year old? What a piece of shit

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:52 am

http://blogs.citypages.com/blotter/2013/10/adrian_peterson_jr_2_reportedly_brutally_beaten_by_man_dating_mother_of_child.php

And media reporting incorrectly that it was AP jr.

Why can't we just shoot fuckin assholes like this guy? seriously.

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:58 am

Not that it matters but for those that are planning to start Peterson this week how can a guy play football when something like this happens? I put his chances of playing at 0% and I would think the Vikings would understand.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:01 pm

Florida Chaetomorpha wrote:
Not that it matters but for those that are planning to start Peterson this week how can a guy play football when something like this happens? I put his chances of playing at 0% and I would think the Vikings would understand.
Yeah but I just can't wait until the sick fucks with no soul blast him for not playing and hurting their fantasy team.

Some people are warped.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:03 pm

While I agree, I am sure he plays...and an angry Adrian Peterson is scary as fuck. On the daily games I had him pegged as so-so this week but now I may just take him as it could be like the Hulk exploding through motherfuckers.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:09 pm

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:20 pm

Tragic to think that such terrible people exist in this world.

The Sioux Falls Police Department revealed Friday that Adrian Peterson's two-year-old son has passed away due to injuries sustained during an alleged assault by the boyfriend of the child's mother.

It's a horrific tragedy Peterson plans to play through in Sunday's game against Carolina. Peterson explained to reporters Friday that he uses sports to "release a lot of stress." This is one of the most stressful situations one could imagine. 27-year-old Joseph Patterson has been charged with aggravated assault and aggravated battery of an infant. His bond was set at $750,000. A police spokesman stated Friday the state's attorney is now considering additional charges.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:00 pm

I don't want to be cynical here, but I don't think Peterson really had much to do with this kid. I'm guessing his mother was someone Peterson had a thing with, and happened to get pregnant. Purely conjecture, but it just doesn't sound like he was that close with the kid. I read that the boy was on life support, basically dead, they just had to make the call to turn the switch off, one of those situations. Peterson visited him while he was still technically alive, but left to go to practice before they made the decision to let the poor boy go. He wasn't there when his son died, he was at football practice.

Not judging or anything, it is what it is, but just saying, it's not a father in this league losing a son or something.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:01 pm

England Dragons wrote:
Tragic to think that such terrible people exist in this world.

The Sioux Falls Police Department revealed Friday that Adrian Peterson's two-year-old son has passed away due to injuries sustained during an alleged assault by the boyfriend of the child's mother.

It's a horrific tragedy Peterson plans to play through in Sunday's game against Carolina. Peterson explained to reporters Friday that he uses sports to "release a lot of stress." This is one of the most stressful situations one could imagine. 27-year-old Joseph Patterson has been charged with aggravated assault and aggravated battery of an infant. His bond was set at $750,000. A police spokesman stated Friday the state's attorney is now considering additional charges.
No shit, it's called "murder."

I hope this guy experiences all the bad stuff that happened in Oz, then goes and burns in hell.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:27 am

TMZ reporting that Peterson met his son for the first time at the hospital, and that the paternity was only recently confirmed.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:10 am

Adelaide Empire wrote:
TMZ reporting that Peterson met his son for the first time at the hospital, and that the paternity was only recently confirmed.
Not sure if that makes it any easier. So much regret...

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:50 pm

RIP little one.... sad3 

As for Petersen, get your shit together man... I can't understand how any father could be that ambivalent to his own child! He's 2 years old and you have never met him prior to this tragedy happening? 👎  You might be a great RB, but you are piss poor excuse for a man!

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:35 pm

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
RIP little one....  sad3 

As for Petersen,  get your shit together man...   I can't understand how any father could be that ambivalent to his own child!   He's 2 years old and you have never met him prior to this tragedy happening?  👎   You might be a great RB,  but you are piss poor excuse for a man!  
He only recently found out the kid was his. The mother thought it was someone else's son, had that person go through a paternity test, and it was negative. Then it occurred to hurt that it could be Peterson, so he took a paternity test, and found out it was his. That was recently, within the last couple months. They had made arrangements for him to travel out there and meet him in the near future, but obviously that will not happen since his son has now been murdered.

I'm not sure the word "easier" should be used here at all, but I do think it's not the same as having one of your "own" children get murdered (meaning one that you've known since birth, raised, etc.). For that reason, it makes sense that Peterson is playing...not that I was going to try and judge him on that either way. This this makes more sense.

That all said, must be a total mind fuck for the guy, and I feel bad for him. Find out you have a son and then shortly after, before you meet him, he gets killed? Mind fuck. Obviously that pales in comparison to the grief of the kids actual close family, but just saying.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:43 pm

Adelaide Empire wrote:
RIP little one....  sad3 

As for Petersen,  get your shit together man...   I can't understand how any father could be that ambivalent to his own child!   He's 2 years old and you have never met him prior to this tragedy happening?  👎   You might be a great RB,  but you are piss poor excuse for a man!  
He only recently found out the kid was his. The mother thought it was someone else's son, had that person go through a paternity test, and it was negative. Then it occurred to hurt that it could be Peterson, so he took a paternity test, and found out it was his. That was recently, within the last couple months. They had made arrangements for him to travel out there and meet him in the near future, but obviously that will not happen since his son has now been murdered.

I'm not sure the word "easier" should be used here at all, but I do think it's not the same as having one of your "own" children get murdered (meaning one that you've known since birth, raised, etc.). For that reason, it makes sense that Peterson is playing...not that I was going to try and judge him on that either way. This this makes more sense.

That all said, must be a total mind fuck for the guy, and I feel bad for him. Find out you have a son and then shortly after, before you meet him, he gets killed? Mind fuck. Obviously that pales in comparison to the grief of the kids actual close family, but just saying.
Couldn't agree more.

I don't think he could be mourning like a parent would for a child they knew all along so I assume this weekend will be business as usual but I have no doubt he has had a mindfuck going since this all came about. I just don't think he is an emotional mess or anything right now or would be surprised if he were I suppose.

I would agree with Chris but I don't know the story well enough and if he wasn't made aware of the child by the mother then nothing he could have done...I would like to think he is far above something shitty like not being there for his kid(s).

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:08 pm

quote wrote:
Adrian Peterson only recently learned he was the father of a 2-year-old boy in South Dakota ... and met him for the first time Thursday ... while the boy was on life support, TMZ has learned.

Multiple sources connected to the situation tell us ... roughly 2-3 months ago, the mother of the child had a paternity test done with an ex she suspected to be the father, in an effort to collect child support from him.

But the test turned up negative, so the woman went to Adrian ... with whom she had a sexual encounter several years ago.

We're told ... when Adrian was first informed about the matter, he didn't question the possibility he was the dad -- but rather asked how he could help the situation.

Sources tell us ... a few weeks ago, A.P. started to plan a trip to South Dakota to meet the child for the first time and he was supposed to fly out later this month.

But when he heard the news about the attack on the 2-year-old, Peterson dropped everything and jetted over to Sioux Falls as soon as he could.

We're told Adrian met the child for the first time while the boy was on life support.

Multiple sources tell us ... Adrian has been very involved since the tragedy and was the one pushing the have the child's organs donated to other people in need of a transplant.

As for the suspect, Joey Patterson, we're told Adrian has never met the guy.

We reached out to Adrian and the mother of the child for comment -- so far, no word back from either side.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:44 pm

I was not fully informed, and if Petersen was truly unaware of the child until just recently then obviously I would retract my earlier statement.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:24 pm

I was not fully informed,  and if Petersen was truly unaware of the child until just recently then obviously I would retract my earlier statement.
Yeah it's usually better to do those two things the other way around.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:54 pm

Adelaide Empire wrote:
I was not fully informed,  and if Petersen was truly unaware of the child until just recently then obviously I would retract my earlier statement.
Yeah it's usually better to do those two things the other way around.

Back to top Go down
Singapore Slings

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:51 pm

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/12/report-adrian-peterson-indicted-charged-with-reckless-or-negligent-injury-to-a-child/

Quote :
Adrian Peterson indicted, charged with reckless or negligent injury to a child

Are you fucking kidding me? Shocked

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:03 pm

Ho-lee-shit.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:15 pm

Shocked

Back to top Go down
Singapore Slings

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:18 pm

(Keep in mind, father of two here)

I need more details before jumping to conclusions about him. As it stands, it could be almost anything. There is a big difference between "yea that was a bad decision in hindsight, but I understand what happend" and "how fucking stupid can you possibly be to have done this/let this happen?" I can't believe there is no detail on what lead to the charge.

This hurts on so many levels.... an injured child, a life-long Vikings fan, AP owner in Roster Wars, he being the most exciting FB player I've ever seen... man.

Hope all is well for the kid, first and foremost, and I hope this sounds a lot worse than it actually is.... damn :nope:

Back to top Go down
Singapore Slings

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:29 pm

And now we know...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/12/adrian-petersons-indictment-for-swatting-son-with-a-switch/

Quote :
Vikings running back Adrian Peterson’s indictment on reckless or negligent injury to a child stems from a case of old-school corporal punishment.

According to Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network, the incident in question stems from “disciplining of a son with a switch.”

For those of you unfamiliar with the Southern vernacular, a switch is a flexible tree branch used to swat a child across the backsides.

How you view that — as an act of parental discipline or as child abuse — depends largely on your age and geographic location.

Whelp, for me, it now boils down to the evidence. I don't hit my children and I don't agree with it as a form of teaching or punishment- I've only spanked my son on one occasion, and I don't ever want to do it again. That said, AP is a big, strong dude. My naive, wishful thinking is hoping it's more a vindictive mother than anything else.

But again... why would he have been chagred if it really was "nothing"? But, on the flip - flip side, they also didn't charge him with child abuse or assault...

Godfuckingdamnit AP.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:20 pm

Well, it will all depend on IF the NFL has actually seen the video. That might make things change, until, the 2nd video comes in.

Right now, he will only be suspended for 6 games. If this becomes the case though, with the 2nd video, then he shall be suspended indefinitely until the Vikings release him.

Before you all get up in arms, Domestic Violence includes children. Just by being indicted and charged, like it or not, this should be an immediate suspension.

Ya'll can't have it both ways.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:30 pm

C'mon, I'm waiting.

I'm waiting for SOMEONE to tell me how wrong I am. That this isn't the same.

The translation would then be......

If an NFL Player hits a child, in any way shape or form, it is FAR less serious than hitting a woman.

Right.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:54 pm

Quote :
Nick Wright of 610-AM in Houston reports that Peterson told police he gave his son a “whooping” in a May incident in Spring, Texas. According to the report, Peterson said he did it to punish the child for pushing another one of Peterson’s children while they were playing a video game. The report says Peterson grabbed a tree branch, removed the leaves and struck the 4-year-old repeatedly.

The child’s injuries reportedly included cuts and bruises to the child’s back, buttocks, ankles, legs and scrotum, along with defensive wounds to the child’s hands. According to the report, Peterson texted the boy’s mother and acknowledged what he had done and that she would be “mad at me about his leg. I got kinda good wit the tail end of the switch.”

Peterson also allegedly texted the child’s mother that he “felt bad after the fact when I notice the switch was wrapping around hitting I [sic] thigh. . . . Got him in nuts once I noticed. But I felt so bad, n I’m all tearing that butt up when needed! I start putting them in timeout. N save the whooping for needed memories!”

According to the report, the child told authorities, “Daddy Peterson hit me on my face” and said he feared Peterson would punch him in the face if he found out police knew about the incident.

The boy’s mother reportedly took him to a doctor, who reported the injuries to authorities, saying they were consistent with child abuse.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:56 pm

Adelaide Empire wrote:
Quote :
Nick Wright of 610-AM in Houston reports that Peterson told police he gave his son a “whooping” in a May incident in Spring, Texas. According to the report, Peterson said he did it to punish the child for pushing another one of Peterson’s children while they were playing a video game. The report says Peterson grabbed a tree branch, removed the leaves and struck the 4-year-old repeatedly.

The child’s injuries reportedly included cuts and bruises to the child’s back, buttocks, ankles, legs and scrotum, along with defensive wounds to the child’s hands. According to the report, Peterson texted the boy’s mother and acknowledged what he had done and that she would be “mad at me about his leg. I got kinda good wit the tail end of the switch.”

Peterson also allegedly texted the child’s mother that he “felt bad after the fact when I notice the switch was wrapping around hitting I [sic] thigh. . . . Got him in nuts once I noticed. But I felt so bad, n I’m all tearing that butt up when needed! I start putting them in timeout. N save the whooping for needed memories!”

According to the report, the child told authorities, “Daddy Peterson hit me on my face” and said he feared Peterson would punch him in the face if he found out police knew about the incident.

The boy’s mother reportedly took him to a doctor, who reported the injuries to authorities, saying they were consistent with child abuse.

C'mon Roger, where is that immediate, no clause, suspension?

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:02 pm

Decatur Demons wrote:
Adelaide Empire wrote:
Quote :

I think you should maybe count to 100 before calling the NFL hypocritical for not having a suspension handed down. Or, you know, a few days anyway.

That said, I agree that I think ADP is on for a significant vacation. The public is eating up the story about how the NFL brushed aside a player knocking out a woman. What kind of message do you think they want to send about a player beating a kid until he bleeds?

And I wonder if this actually is covered under the new domestic abuse policy? If so, six games. I wonder if they'd be happy with that.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:03 pm

Funny, already have seen this in 3 leagues:

Quote :
acquired Asiata, Matt MIN RB

One in GLDL.

I must not be alone in all of my thinking

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:06 pm

Adelaide Empire wrote:
Decatur Demons wrote:
Adelaide Empire wrote:
Quote :

I think you should maybe count to 100 before calling the NFL hypocritical for not having a suspension handed down. Or, you know, a few days anyway.

That said, I agree that I think ADP is on for a significant vacation. The public is eating up the story about how the NFL brushed aside a player knocking out a woman. What kind of message do you think they want to send about a player beating a kid until he bleeds?

And I wonder if this actually is covered under the new domestic abuse policy? If so, six games. I wonder if they'd be happy with that.

I am being a bit tongue in cheek here. After the way Ray Rice has been so vilified.

It should be. If not, that by itself, should be a crime. If child abuse is less than domestic abuse, then, we have a much larger problem brewing.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:06 pm

Peterson deactivated for the Patriots game. If he were missing it for any other reason I'd feel happy as a Pats fan, but this just feels dirty.

Talk about the worst time/climate/environment for something like this to happen. I may be being reactionary, but would not be shocked if he was out for the entire season.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:10 pm

We'll see how they handle it. After the way Rice was treated, both in the media and I include here, this is a different type of player than Rice.

Will we hear all the excuses because he is a significant Fantasy player again?

Will that make breaking the rules OK for him too?

Will we see more discussion between the NFL and NFLPA about what dictates a suspension and what doesn't?

Will it now become, "Well, look at who it was, we think we should just turn the other cheek."

Lot's of things upcoming the next few days.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:12 pm

Adelaide Empire wrote:
Peterson deactivated for the Patriots game. If he were missing it for any other reason I'd feel happy as a Pats fan, but this just feels dirty.

Talk about the worst time/climate/environment for something like this to happen. I may be being reactionary, but would not be shocked if he was out for the entire season.

I admit, I just saw that too.

I just went and put a significant wager on the Pats as they were only 3 pt. favorites today and that line has not changed.

I feel dirty too, but, what the hell, cash money there.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:19 pm

Decatur Demons wrote:
We'll see how they handle it. After the way Rice was treated, both in the media and I include here, this is a different type of player than Rice.

Will we see more discussion between the NFL and NFLPA about what dictates a suspension and what doesn't?

Will it now become, "Well, look at who it was, we think we should just turn the other cheek."

I think the answer to all of your questions is no. The entire world is up the NFL's ass right now for taking it easy on a player who hit his wife in the face. Cutting ADP a break for hitting his kid with a stick to the point of bleeding because he's a big name player will walk right up into that narrative and make the whole thing 10x more explosive.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:28 pm

Adelaide Empire wrote:
Decatur Demons wrote:

I think the answer to all of your questions is no. The entire world is up the NFL's ass right now for taking it easy on a player who hit his wife in the face. Cutting ADP a break for hitting his kid with a stick to the point of bleeding because he's a big name player will walk right up into that narrative and make the whole thing 10x more explosive.

Oh, I think you're right. I think there will be some very mute people on this topic now.

I also think, if you watched the Vikings game last week, you very well may have seen the end of a once no doubt HOF career. That HOF may also be very much in doubt now.

We'll just have to wait and see.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:34 pm

Peterson better hope that no kind of medical photos come out somehow. I would imagine now since it'd probably involve a 4 year old's ass which isn't cool even by TMZ standards, but jeez.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB ARI   

Back to top Go down

Adrian Peterson RB ARI
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: