HomeLog inRegisterFAQSearch

Share | 

Adrian Peterson RB FA

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB FA   Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:58 pm

I don't think some understand the reaction to the Ray Rice fiasco. It was the 2 games. Two. If it had been 6 or 8 no one would have said anything. No investigation into the video would have been done and Ray Rice would be on the Ravens. Rice being suspended for the entire year is bullshit and was only done to save the face of Roger Goodell. Rice being released was only done to save face of the Ravens organization. It was a reactionary CYA moment, which is what the media is clinging onto now and the reason why finding any evidence that Goodell lied is front and center. The media will follow the trail until it goes cold or it leads to Goddell's resignation. Rice didn't deserve to be released nor does he deserve a year suspension as there are a ton of players in the NFL past and present that did similar or worse things. The NFL fumbled the ball from the get-go.

As for the Peterson case, he's fucked. He most certainly will be out for the entire year only because the NFL is being watched like a hawk right now. He most certainly doesn't deserve an entire year suspension however.

I'm certainly not defending Peterson but what Ray Rice did was far worse. Rice threw a haymaker with the sole intent to knock her out and cause violence. Peterson did not punch his kid nor did he hit him with the intent to cause violence. He was reprimanding his kid with a stick the way it has been done in a certain culture for decades. I'm not condoning but there's a difference. Clearly, he shouldn't have done it and took it way too far. But child abuse? No way.

Also keep in mind that Ray Rice's suspension didn't come after his own indictment of the grand jury, it came after his plea bargain when the police closed the case. Peterson hasn't yet made a plea bargain and he can certainly take his case to court. Should there be a suspension (of any kind) before the case is closed? Does Peterson get due process like everyone else? He should.

With all that said, he's a dumbass for doing it.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB FA   Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:20 pm

Chicago Crime Syndicate wrote:
I don't think some understand the reaction to the Ray Rice fiasco.  It was the 2 games.  Two.  If it had been 6 or 8 no one would have said anything.  No investigation into the video would have been done and Ray Rice would be on the Ravens.  Rice being suspended for the entire year is bullshit and was only done to save the face of Roger Goodell.  Rice being released was only done to save face of the Ravens organization.  It was a reactionary CYA moment, which is what the media is clinging onto now and the reason why finding any evidence that Goodell lied is front and center.  The media will follow the trail until it goes cold or it leads to Goddell's resignation.  Rice didn't deserve to be released nor does he deserve a year suspension as there are a ton of players in the NFL past and present that did similar or worse things.  The NFL fumbled the ball from the get-go.  

As for the Peterson case, he's fucked.  He most certainly will be out for the entire year only because the NFL is being watched like a hawk right now.  He most certainly doesn't deserve an entire year suspension however.

I'm certainly not defending Peterson but what Ray Rice did was far worse.  Rice threw a haymaker with the sole intent to knock her out and cause violence.  Peterson did not punch his kid nor did he hit him with the intent to cause violence.  He was reprimanding his kid with a stick the way it has been done in a certain culture for decades.  I'm not condoning but there's a difference.  Clearly, he shouldn't have done it and took it way too far.  But child abuse?  No way.  

Also keep in mind that Ray Rice's suspension didn't come after his own indictment of the grand jury, it came after his plea bargain when the police closed the case.  Peterson hasn't yet made a plea bargain and he can certainly take his case to court.  Should there be a suspension (of any kind) before the case is closed?  Does Peterson get due process like everyone else?  He should.

With all that said, he's a dumbass for doing it.

Funny, I argued with ya plenty in the other threads but I agree with this post.

Really bums me out that it's Adrian Peterson....supposed to be one of the good guys...his talent is undeniable. Light years ahead of Rice and Gordon and now he (we) may see it cut short. no

I don't agree with it, but I hope he isn't dragged through the streets like Rice because if you are raised like this it's not hard to imagine that one could believe in such punishment.

*I have spanked my son quite a few times (always hate it) but I also think ZERO spankings can lead to the shitbag self-entitled cunts we have running everywhere.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB FA   Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:25 pm

Cripes... The kid was 4...to the point of bleeding.. The wounds were still present when he got back to his mom's... And the medical photos are already out there on the Houston report I saw.. Sonuva.. The kid was fucking 4! Pos.. And wasn't there something with Peterson over the summer where one of his kids were beat up by the moms new boyfriend

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB FA   Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:27 pm

Before a select number of people go crazy, what Peterson did was horrible and the outrage over Peterson is going to be worse than Rice's because the public care more about children than anything. With that said, Peterson deserves his day in court just like everyone else. But the punishment needs to fit the crime and unfortunately it isn't with Ray Rice and it isn't going to with Peterson either. Blackmon should be instated. That asshole McDonald on SF who is also under investigation for domestic abuse should be suspended as well. Just wanted to put that out there.

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB FA   Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:28 pm

Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:
Cripes... The kid was 4...to the point of bleeding.. The wounds were still present when he got back to his mom's... And the medical photos are already out there on the Houston report I saw.. Sonuva.. The kid was fucking 4! Pos.. And wasn't there something with Peterson over the summer where one of his kids were beat up by the moms new boyfriend

He's 4? I thought he was 11.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB FA   Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:32 pm

Nope.. Kid is/was 4

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB FA   Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:34 pm

No, he's 4.

This is not a road I'm interested in going down. Suffice it to say that I disagree that hitting your kid with a stick to the point of bleeding is not child abuse. It's also concerning that the kid expressed concern that Peterson would hit him in the face "again," but who knows about that, kids say stupid shit all the time.

Peterson was indicted in TEXAS for shit's sake.

Anyway, sounds like everyone is in agreement that Peterson is in for a bit of a vacation, given the current climate, and the NFL being extra motivated to not throw up on its shoes again in a major disciplinary matter.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB FA   Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:40 pm

I'm sorry for not being as on-point with updates as I normally am.  Here's some tidbits for you folks.

Quote :
The beating allegedly resulted in numerous injuries to the child, including cuts and bruises to the child’s back, buttocks, ankles, legs and scrotum, along with defensive wounds to the child’s hands. Peterson then texted the boy’s mother, saying that one wound in particular would make her “mad at me about his leg. I got kinda good wit the tail end of the switch.”

Peterson also allegedly said via text message to the child’s mother that he “felt bad after the fact when I notice the switch was wrapping around hitting I (sic) thigh” and also acknowledged the injury to the child’s scrotum in a text message, saying, “Got him in nuts once I noticed. But I felt so bad, n I’m all tearing that butt up when needed! I start putting them in timeout. N save the whooping for needed memories!” In further text messages, Peterson allegedly said, “Never do I go overboard! But all my kids will know, hey daddy has the biggie heart but don’t play no games when it comes to acting right.”

According to police reports, the child, however, had a slightly different story, telling authorities that “Daddy Peterson hit me on my face.” The child also expressed worry that Peterson would punch him in the face if the child reported the incident to authorities. He also said that he had been hit by a belt and that “there are a lot of belts in Daddy’s closet.” He added that Peterson put leaves in his mouth when he was being hit with the switch while his pants were down. The child told his mother that Peterson “likes belts and switches” and “has a whooping room.”

When Peterson was asked how he felt about the incident, he said, “To be honest with you, I feel very confident with my actions because I know my intent.” He also described the incident as a “normal whooping” in regards to the “welps” on the child’s buttocks, but that he felt bad immediately when he saw the injuries on the child’s legs. Peterson estimated he “swatted” his son “10 to 15” times, but he’s not sure because he doesn’t “ever count how many pops I give my kids.”

Quote :
A warrant has been issued for the arrest of Adrian Peterson. At this time, Peterson is not in custody.

Quote :
The Vikings have deactivated Adrian Peterson for Sunday’s game vs. the Patriots

Last edited by Mohawk Ridge Marauders on Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB FA   Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:41 pm

So reading AP's quotes, seeing the pictures, and reading what happened...

I never want to see him play another down in the NFL. There's no excuse for this shit.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB FA   Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:27 pm

As for the Peterson case, he's fucked.  He most certainly will be out for the entire year only because the NFL is being watched like a hawk right now.  He most certainly doesn't deserve an entire year suspension however.

I'm certainly not defending Peterson but what Ray Rice did was far worse.  Rice threw a haymaker with the sole intent to knock her out and cause violence.  Peterson did not punch his kid nor did he hit him with the intent to cause violence.  He was reprimanding his kid with a stick the way it has been done in a certain culture for decades.  I'm not condoning but there's a difference.  Clearly, he shouldn't have done it and took it way too far.  But child abuse?  No way.

Quote :
A warrant has been issued for the arrest of Adrian Peterson. At this time, Peterson is not in custody.

Quote :
The Vikings have deactivated Adrian Peterson for Sunday’s game vs. the Patriots

Sir, I am not going down this road with you again, but you are way wrong. If you consider what Rice did worse than beating a 4 year old child to this, then shame on you.

Yeah, takes a real man to do this.

I have 5 children. I swatted an ass a few times. Nothing and I mean absolutely NOTHING compared to this.

This is why I got divorced 25 years ago. I weighed in at over 300 pounds. I climbed, with hooks, you know, the little metal spikes, 30 poles a day then. I was big. My ex-wife smacked our then 8 year old daughter across the face so hard she spun her head around, I told her very clearly, if you ever do that again, I'll do the exact same to you. I stand by that. Scared her so bad, we ended up divorced. Yet, she never did it again. I have never hit a woman, don't believe in it, but, I REALLY do not agree with beating a child and that just might change my mind. Yup, I would have went to jail if it had happened again. That was MY child being beaten.

Sorry, he needs to go. Now.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB FA   Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:30 pm

Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:

He's 4?  I thought he was 11.

That matters??????????????????????????????????????

For God's sake HE IS AN NFL RUNNING BACK

What the hell is the difference between 4 and 11 in that case? Do you really think an 11 year old had any chance of defending himself?

Holy shit.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB FA   Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:38 pm

Fuck,  this story saddens and sickens me....    My son is 4 and I can't even imagine what kind of monster someone has to be to beat them to the point that they have wounds and marks on them like those in the photo.   If this is all true and Peterson is indeed guilty,  he needs to join Rice in the unemployment line...

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB FA   Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:02 pm

There were 20 distinct marks on the boy. Those pictures, as bard as they are, were taken a week after the beating took place.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB FA   Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:05 pm

Totally irrelevant I suppose, but may be interesting to remind us that Peterson had a 2 year old son that he had never met (in fact, I think he actually didn't know about him until not long before his death) killed as a result of physical abuse earlier this year.

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB FA   Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:04 am

Decatur Demons wrote:
Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:

What the hell is the difference between 4 and 11 in that case? Do you really think an 11 year old had any chance of defending himself?

Holy shit.

The first report I read was that he was 11, there is a difference between being 11 and being 4 in my mind. I also didn't see the pics that Justin posted until afterwards. I had no idea he took it to that extent. That's pretty horrible. I'm not ready to say what Peterson did is worse than Rice's, but I will say that it is much worse than I thought it was when I made my first post.

But I do have a soft spot for intent in a situation. I think Peterson was trying to teach his kid discipline, albeit in a twisted manner that should have never had been done, whereas Rice was trying to literally beat the shit out of his fiancee.

It's a tough situation. Peterson was probably whipped as a kid and doesn't see anything wrong with it. The entire situation probably lasted 45 seconds, so Peterson most likely didn't truly understand the exact nature of the "damage" until afterwards. He made a giant mistake. GIANT. I'm not in the boat that he should never play football again. That's just silly. He made a giant mistake. He'll pay for it greatly, as he should. But Peterson's timing couldn't have been worse. He's fucked. Slings lose a huge part of his squad.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB FA   Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:36 am

Decatur Demons wrote:
Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:

Holy shit.

The first report I read was that he was 11, there is a difference between being 11 and being 4 in my mind.  I also didn't see the pics that Justin posted until afterwards.  I had no idea he took it to that extent.  That's pretty horrible.  I'm not ready to say what Peterson did is worse than Rice's, but I will say that it is much worse than I thought it was when I made my first post.

But I do have a soft spot for intent in a situation.  I think Peterson was trying to teach his kid discipline, albeit in a twisted manner that should have never had been done, whereas Rice was trying to literally beat the shit out of his fiancee.  

It's a tough situation.  Peterson was probably whipped as a kid and doesn't see anything wrong with it.  The entire situation probably lasted 45 seconds, so Peterson most likely didn't truly understand the exact nature of the "damage" until afterwards.  He made a giant mistake.  GIANT.  I'm not in the boat that he should never play football again.  That's just silly.  He made a giant mistake.  He'll pay for it greatly, as he should.  But Peterson's timing couldn't have been worse.  He's fucked.  Slings lose a huge part of his squad.

More or less agree with this. I think he will play football again. It will probably even be this season, although I think it's possible that it's not just because of how charged the environment is right now.

Best thing for Peterson to do is take his medicine, admit that he made a huge mistake, agree to counseling, etc. The sooner the better.

As an aside, hard not to feel bad for Vikings fans. Same for Browns fans with Gordon, although at least there's some light at the end of that tunnel (for now). Ravens fans can blow me though.

Back to top Go down
Singapore Slings

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB FA   Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:13 am

My son is four. I completely understand the desire to spank the shit out of him, because four year olds can be real assholes sometimes. I really do believe that he didn't think what he did was abuse at the time. I'd imagine that his own ass looked like that plenty of times growing up, and he felt that he was just teaching his son a lesson. 20 dstinct marks, and it was two separate "whoopings". Defensive hand wounds probably correspond to some on the body. Regardless, let's say 10 whacks each time. How long does that take? 10 seconds? He was pissed and disciplined his son the way he thought was right and the way he had learned. Being a grown man with the strength he has really doesn't do shit for me in this case. Any mom or grandma could easily do the same damage when hitting with a switch.

Unfortunately for AP, it is too far, he was wrong, and he is now potentially facing the end of his career for it. I don't think he deserves a lifetime ban or a life sentence, but I do think that sitting for the rest of the season is likely and deserved.

Side note: the pictures make me sick and angry. Just because "get it" doesn't mean my heart doesn't ache for that kid, nor does it lesson my anger. Never in a million years could I imagine doing that to my or any other kids. You know what though? I feel the exact same way about spanking, slapping or any other hitting of a child. Never would I think that hitting is a good way to teach a lesson. Many, many others disagree. Some people who agree with me would even call that a form of abuse (I wouldn't, but some would- I'm not making implications or trying to vilify Andy, just using a convenient example.) That fact, in addition to the fact  that he has been cooperating  and honest about it the whole time, and, oh by the way,  he's  rich celebrity, I think his case will be dismissed or he will get off with a light punishment in the court.

Back to top Go down
Singapore Slings

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB FA   Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:18 am

I pretty much echoed Jason's post, but I was typing on my phone and didn't see his until I was done... wasn't about to cancel all that shit just because I'm slow...

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB FA   Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:17 am

There is not much difference in my mind between 4 and 11. There is NO difference in any State law. That's there for a reason. I really do not see any 11 year old that could have stood up to him either.

K, look, I swatted my kids butts. Not often. I was big enough to intimidate them just by looking at them most times. When I did have to though, I more than pulled my strength. I KNEW how much bigger than them I was. There are ways to discipline that are not abusive.

OK, side thought....

What if Rice was just trying to "discipline" his wife.

Remember, there are a lot of us that have grown up in THAT environment too.

Leaving 20 distinct bleeding marks, I don't care how you want to say it, is child abuse.

There is no other way to put it. When you leave a child broken, bruised and bleeding, it is child abuse. He should go to jail, be strung up and beaten with a piece of wood. That's what we are talking about here.

Somehow I knew there would be less outcry on AP than Rice.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB FA   Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:00 pm

Quote :
There is no other way to put it. When you leave a child broken, bruised and bleeding, it is child abuse. He should go to jail, be strung up and beaten with a piece of wood. That's what we are talking about here.

I sure am glad that Bob was not Judge, jury, and executioner of my childhood. None of my friends would know their parents. They would all be in jail....Discipline and abuse is a fine line that differs for many people. All I know is I hate these "timeout kids" that fear nothing and do as they wish...

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB FA   Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:02 pm

Quote :
What if Rice was just trying to "discipline" his wife.

I hope you are just reaching here.

Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
Singapore Slings

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB FA   Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:23 pm

Jason is right, intent does matter, which is why people who believe "spanking is abuse" are wrong too. That said, I don't think there will be less outrage over AP than Rice, and if there is, it will be moreso due to the fact that there are still many people who do feel that this is an acceptable form of punishment rather than his greater football skill. Honestly, just read this article and check the comments:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11517531/adrian-peterson-arrest-draws-mixed-reaction-other-nfl-players-twitter

I read what I've written, and it sounds like I'm defending what he did. I'm not, and I think it's fucked up. There could be much more to the story, and maybe he really is an angry, evil, habitual child abuser. I'm just not ready to make that leap yet. Thinking that you should discipline your kid by hitting him with a switch does not make it OK, upbringing or not. But, I was raised in the liberal north, and there are a lot of people who see it differently. It wasn't a part of my childhood- I only recall being struck one time, when I called my mom a bitch at about age 4- she slapped me so hard I saw stars (literally one of my earliest memories.) I think he does deserve punishment, but I don't think that he should be out of the NFL forever. This really isn't a black and white case, and honestly, it is hard to express how conflicted I feel about this whole thing.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB FA   Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:45 pm

I think in some situations opinions could be swayed one way or the other. This isn't one of them.

I don't think there's anything in this world that disgusts me more than child abuse. A spanking is one thing (which I'm not against) but leaving your kid bloody is another. I don't give a fuck about your culture, how you were raised, or any other fucking excuse there is. If I never had to see Peterson again it would be too soon. Shoving leaves in the kid's mouth while he whips him? He's a sadistic fuck.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB FA   Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:35 pm

Dave, I was just being facetious. I'm in utter disbelief actually. Your friends ever look like that afterwards? I highly doubt it.

Alright, let's be clear. I never said that spanking was abuse. I do not believe it is. My kids had it and they are fine. I just never beat them. I swatted them one time if I felt it was needed and, I made very sure I was not angry and that I NEVER hit them very hard. Corporal punishment is a good thing in my eye.

I grew up in the early 60's, believe me, I know what a switch is. I just never looked like that after.

Spanking is one thing. Leaving a child looking like this, is not spanking. It is a beating. You can try and downplay it any way you want, there just is no way around it. You should never hit any child, or woman, until they bleed. Maybe there is a fine line between spanking and abuse, but this is no where close to it. This is far beyond any line.

I'm sorry, I just can't say, "This is wrong, but". No "buts" here. If he had done this to an adult, it could be felony assault.

Somehow, I just do not understand how "intent" plays any part in this. What, he intended to make him bleed? He only intended to beat a little bit. If he intended to discipline him, then why do this?

Tony, you have already said you remember being struck once. Just one time.

What is this child's memory going to be? It might not be a memory, but a nightmare.

Honestly, Janay didn't look anything like this, yet, Rice's actions are an outrage to everyone, but, this, this isn't.

Having a "soft" spot for intention might be one thing, but, something like this like this, I just cannot understand. Sorry Jason.

To both you and Tony, no matter what happened to him as a child, this child did NOT deserve this.

Also, maybe Rice just had a "moment" before he realized what he had done. He has no previous reports of violence, yet, he is the absolute villain and AP is, well, it was a mistake.

So, let's put this as it really is:

What Ray Rice did, in anger in the spur of the moment, is so much worse than:

Going and getting a stick, having a few moments to consider it, then, go ahead and beat a 4 year old child till his is bruised and bleeding.

Yup, beating that child, remember, 4 years old, asshole or not, is so less severe than punching a woman. In fact, we're ready to forgive that in say, 6 games, but, the other is pretty much a life-time ban.

Honestly, I'm done, I'll shut up, but, that is just fucked up.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB FA   Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:34 pm

Am I the only one who has no effing clue what a switch is? I keep seeing it over and over again and I thought it was a stick and then I see a switch.

Back to top Go down
Singapore Slings

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB FA   Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:09 pm

Bob, I missed the part where I said what what he did was ok or where I though the child deserved it. I don't spank my kids because I do have empathy, and I could never imagine doing that to a kid. I understand the circumstances, and I understand his point of view. I didn't say I agreed or condoned it. I also understand why some Muslims feel that honor killing is the only right thing for a rape victim. Doesn't make them any less retarded.

I am really fascinated,  and quite surprised, by how split the reactions are- I expected him to be universally vilified and immediately conmemned. A majority of the reactions I've seen fall in the "he is an animal and should be done forever" camp, but it isn't by an overwhelming margin. "My dad whooped me with his belt and I looked just like that."  "The lack of discipline these days is why this is the most disrespectful generation yet."

I'm acknowledging a dichotomy of the reactions, never said the kid deserved it. No kid does.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB FA   Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:12 pm

Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:
Am I the only one who has no effing clue what a switch is?  I keep seeing it over and over again and I thought it was a stick and then I see a switch.  

It is a piece of a tree that is bigger than a twig but smaller than a branch.

Back to top Go down
Singapore Slings

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB FA   Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:13 pm

Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:
Am I the only one who has no effing clue what a switch is?  I keep seeing it over and over again and I thought it was a stick and then I see a switch.  

When in doubt...

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=switch

Quote :
A flimsy tree branch used for whoopin' kids asses! Usually picked by the person who is about to get the ass whoopin'. Switch's grow on all trees and can be used if there is no belt or shoe around.
1. Grandma: Get yo' ass outside and go pick a switch cuz I'm bout to whip your ass for actin' a fool at school today.

2. You better not pick a small switch for your whoopin' becuz she'll send you back out to pick a bigger one.

3. Boy 1: What happen your your legs??
Boy 2: I got a whoppin' last night with a switch.
Boy 1: Damn, is that abuse?
Boy 2: Apparently my Mom does not think so.

by L-Breezy March 14, 2007

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB FA   Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:21 pm

Bob, I had many friends who were "cut" by spanking... As a father I only use my hand on a backside, but I watched many a friend take way worse than those pics ( they were older than 4 though). If it sounds like I am defending AP I am not. I think he did cross a line, but that is my "moral Judgment". I would not like some liberal tree huger wanting to arrest me and take my kids away for popping them on the rear. To me that is where intent comes in. I have seen real abuse and I have seen discipline go to far. They are not the same thing. My heart wants to believe that AP was he latter...

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB FA   Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:36 am

Tony, I apologize. I was very incensed by the very split you spoke of, especially in the media. I misspoke about what I was trying to convey. I really did not mean to offend you and I was wrong the way I worded it.

Dave, believe me, I am not a "tree-hugger". Just ask my kids. They were spanked and disciplined. I am glad to say that 4 out of 5, so far, have turned out great. Great work ethics, solid heads, 2 have graduated College, one is in College now and, very dedicated to it. My youngest son, 22, well, different story. While I will never give up on him, he no longer receives any help. Long story. Time-out kids are usually the most obnoxious people you will ever meet. I agree. Note to that. "Usually". they are also the ones that want every thing given to them and do not expect to work for it.

I've calmed down today, but, I will never downplay this. This is child abuse. If he was that enraged, that this was OK, he needed to take a breath and watch what he did.

I am just really having a problem with how he is, admittedly just somewhat, partially condoned or, at least, being "understood". When Ray Rice, in maybe what is close to the same type of momentary fit of rage, is just flat vilified.

I do rate what ADP did as even worse than what Rice did. Both are horrible, but one was against a 4 year old child. No excuse.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB FA   Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:00 pm

I'm not even sure why we're talking about "normal" physical discipline. Nobody, even people who have spanked their children, seems to be arguing that what Peterson did here was an acceptable application of normal physical discipline. This is child abuse. Nobody here seems to disagree.

As for "intent," it is worth pointing out that Peterson is being charged with "recklessness or negligence." I forget the exact name of the charge, but it did include those words. So Peterson is not being charged with purposefully hurting his child just to hurt his child. That's still a felony (if convicted, which I doubt he will be as there'll be a plea down), but just worth pointing out.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB FA   Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:11 am

Will play week 3 according to Rotoworld...

Back to top Go down
Singapore Slings

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB FA   Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:47 pm

I really wonder why they don't just give him the six games and try to move on. Opinions, beliefs, intent and everything elese aside, it seems pretty silly to prolong this when it is clear the NFL has all the ammo it needs to envoke the new personal conduct/domestic violence policy for a first-time offender. What do they need to investigate? They have pictures and an corobration from Peterson. What happened is not in doubt, and the grand jury decided there was enough evidence to warrant a felony charge. I listened to Speilman's (Vikings GM) press confrence and he and the vikings could not have sounded worse.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB FA   Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:55 pm

Because he's Adrian Peterson and the Vikings need him. This isn't like Some fourth string scrub fucking up and they can just immediately cut him. He changes the tide of the game for the Vikings and without him their season is shot to shit. Not to mention I'm sure plenty of people buy tickets JUST to see AP.

It's always about the money.

Back to top Go down
Singapore Slings

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB FA   Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:24 pm

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
Because he's Adrian Peterson and the Vikings need him.  This isn't like Some fourth string scrub fucking up and they can just immediately cut him.  He changes the tide of the game for the Vikings and without him their season is shot to shit.  Not to mention I'm sure plenty of people buy tickets JUST to see AP.  

That's true, but Ray Rice, while not AP, is not exactly a practice squad guy. Don't get me wrong, I understand, but given the amount of heat the league is getting, I am still surprised they haven't stepped in. Six games is what it is; there would be debate all day long whether the punishment fits the crime. Regardless, it would be somethig they could do to show the public that their new "commitment" to meet domestic violence with "enhanced discipline" was not just for show. It seems like a huge, easy out for the NFL and they seem unwilling to take it.

Then again, it is only Monday, and I think I heard the "official" NFL investigation just started Saturday.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB FA   Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:38 pm

Singapore Slings wrote:
I really wonder why they don't just give him the six games and try to move on. Opinions, beliefs, intent and everything elese aside, it seems pretty silly to prolong this when it is clear the NFL has all the ammo it needs to envoke the new personal conduct/domestic violence policy for a first-time offender. What do they need to investigate? They have pictures and an corobration from Peterson. What happened is not in doubt, and the grand jury decided there was enough evidence to warrant a felony charge. I listened to Speilman's (Vikings GM) press confrence and he and the vikings could not have sounded worse.

good post

Agree completely. They should do the same thing with Hardy, too. 6 game ban each - take it out of the team's hands, take any uncertainty away. Show you are serious about implementing your new policy.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB FA   Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:36 pm

My issue with Hardy is that his case is pending. He's appealing. What if you ban him for six days and the jury finds him innocent?

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB FA   Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:42 pm

My issue with Hardy is that his case is pending.  He's appealing.  What if you ban him for six days and the jury finds him innocent?  

I don't know enough about it. I thought he'd been convicted and was appealing the conviction but I would have thought the conviction would be enough for the NFL. If appealing bought you some time, surely everyone would just appeal the initial decision and keep playing?

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB FA   Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:57 pm

Singapore Slings wrote:
Because he's Adrian Peterson and the Vikings need him.  This isn't like Some fourth string scrub fucking up and they can just immediately cut him.  He changes the tide of the game for the Vikings and without him their season is shot to shit.  Not to mention I'm sure plenty of people buy tickets JUST to see AP.  

That's true, but Ray Rice, while not AP, is not exactly a practice squad guy. Don't get me wrong, I understand, but given the amount of heat the league is getting, I am still surprised they haven't stepped in. Six games is what it is; there would be debate all day long whether the punishment fits the crime. Regardless, it would be somethig they could do to show the public that their new "commitment" to meet domestic violence with "enhanced discipline" was not just for show. It seems like a huge, easy out for the NFL and they seem unwilling to take it.

Then again, it is only Monday, and I think I heard the "official" NFL investigation just started Saturday.

Yes, Ray Rice is no Adrian Peterson, and yet even he was going to get off with just 2 games until the video came out. At that point, the Ravens realized that they were completely outraged. laughing

Also, I believe that the domestic abuse policy has a clause in there about how a first offense can be longer than six games if it (the abuse) happened in the presence of a child.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB FA   Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:05 pm

My issue with Hardy is that his case is pending.  He's appealing.  What if you ban him for six days and the jury finds him innocent?  

This is one of many reasons why the NFL's discipline should have nothing (or very little) to do with the legal system. They are two completely different worlds that have nothing to do with each other. They have different rules, different objectives, and the accused has different rights.

You're right, Hardy could win an appeal. But what basis is he appealing on? Just hypothetically, let's say he was appealing because the police broke the chain of custody with a piece of physical evidence. Or the arresting offer didn't read him his Miranda warning. Every other fact having to do with the case was the same, but Hardy gets off the hook because of the protections built into the legal system.

Is the NFL then obligated to not suspend Hardy? Yes, he was found guilty for knocking down this woman with such force that she broke her collar bone, but hey, he wasn't read his rights. I don't think so. It doesn't matter what the legal system decides - it matters what Hardy did. There are other ways to decide that for yourself (or for the NFL) than waiting for a legal outcome.

The Vikings cited "due process" today when announcing that they were going to let Peterson play. I think that's a cop out. Due process is in place to protect citizens from the government. To prevent them from taking away your freedom arbitrarily or unfairly. It's to protect a person against the power of a government. There are a lot of good reasons why the legal system should be slow, deliberate, and skewed towards the defendant (which it is, burden of proof, right to an appeal and all that).

We're not talking about Peterson's freedom here. We're talking about his job. You don't have the right to "due process" before getting fired from your job.

But, the larger issue is the NFL, not the Vikings. They need to come up with an answer to this question of when discipline can be handed down. If they are going to wait for the legal outcomes, find. I think that's stupid, and doesn't "protect the shield" very well, but at least that would be a rule. It's not going to look too good when a player is arrested for beating his girlfriend to death, and has a capital murder trial take 3 years because of endless motions and delays, etc., and all the while is playing football and on TV, but okay. The point is, be consistent. DUI suspensions don't wait for legal outcome.s Hell, Roethlisberger wasn't even convicted of anything and he was suspended. Ray Rice was suspended after a legal process concluded, but then re-suspended when a freaking video came out.

They're all over the map. It's absurd.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB FA   Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:09 pm

Regarding Peterson, he's quickly become one of my least favorite players. I continue to have no idea what a reasonable excuse or mitigating circumstance is. I'm disgusted that he's playing this week although, again, I have trouble blaming the Vikings for acting in their own self-interest, particularly when the league office is silent.

I think the investigation into Peterson may make things worse, depending on how far it goes (or if he pleas down and shuts it down). It does not sound like this was very unusual, and of course Peterson doesn't seem to think he did anything wrong.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB FA   Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:23 pm

Adelaide Empire wrote:
Regarding Peterson, he's quickly become one of my least favorite players. I continue to have no idea what a reasonable excuse or mitigating circumstance is. I'm disgusted that he's playing this week although, again, I have trouble blaming the Vikings for acting in their own self-interest, particularly when the league office is silent.

I think the investigation into Peterson may make things worse, depending on how far it goes (or if he pleas down and shuts it down). It does not sound like this was very unusual, and of course Peterson doesn't seem to think he did anything wrong.

cheers Couldn't agree more.

As for Hardy I just don't know what to believe. He's the one that called 911. I wish there were a video because I hate the he said she said bullshit. Just like when the Ray Rice story first came out I thought "well we don't know what happened in that elevator. We shouldn't crucify him." Then the video came out. Men get accused of a lot of shit that they didn't do.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB FA   Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:31 pm

I'm freaking Nostradamus.

Quote :
CBS 11 Houston reports Adrian Peterson is being investigated for another child abuse accusation involving one of his other sons.

According to the news station, one of Peterson's four-year-old son's was disciplined by Peterson for cursing at one of his siblings. The boy sustained a scar over his right eye. Peterson has at least five children with multiple different women, and is believed to have as many as seven kids out of wedlock. If more information comes to light, the Vikings could discipline Peterson yet again.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB FA   Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:32 pm

They're going to keep looking into him, and it's not going to be pretty.

Chances the Vikings backpedal before this weekend?

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB FA   Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:33 pm

zip it

See????

And you fucks thought I couldn't do it!

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB FA   Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:49 pm

http://deadspin.com/adrian-peterson-accused-of-beating-another-son-leaving-1635102727?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

Fucking sick

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB FA   Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:08 pm

zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it zip it

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB FA   Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:09 pm

So 7 kids from 5 different women. Doesn't sound like he spends much time with most of them. Sorta just flies them in, beats them up for a weekend, and ships them back out to their mothers.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB FA   Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:12 pm

Adelaide Empire wrote:
So 7 kids from 5 different women. Doesn't sound like he spends much time with most of them. Sorta just flies them in, beats them up for a weekend, and ships them back out to their mothers.

He's just trying to instill the important moral lessons he learned as a kid in the precious short time he has with them. Since he needs to make up for all the punishment he can't hand out while he's not around he had to step his game up and condense the beatings. That's why he needed a special whooping room in his house. Child abuse efficiency. It's totally for their own good.

Back to top Go down
Singapore Slings

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB FA   Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:19 pm

Quote :
"The allegation of another investigation into Adrian Peterson is simply not true. This is not a new allegation, it's one that is unsubstantiated and was shopped around to authorities in two states over a year ago and nothing came of it. An adult witness adamantly insists Adrian did nothing inappropriate with his son. There is no ongoing or new investigation."

I'm sure the Vikings and NFL already knew about this. In the press conference, Speilman said the team had had extensive communications with AP's legal team throughout the process. There is no way this is was a surprise to them. I doubt there is much more evidence than what we see in the new report.

Sick as it is, I bet all of the communicaton between the Vikings and his lawyers revolved around how sure AP's camp was that there would be no more evidence or people coming forward vs. whether or not he is a serial child abuser.

Then again, I was wrong with how this first incident played out, so who knows, maybe the Vikings will suspend him this time around.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson RB FA   

Back to top Go down

Adrian Peterson RB FA
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: