View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Seahawks   Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:33 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Kane County Goon Squad wrote:
that's a little much, isn't it?

They have been caught cheating several times, they are repeat offenders and unless you make them pay it will happen over and over again.

I could care less about the Seahawks but if they are going to penalise them a 2nd rounder for this offence - there's no mention (yet at least) of this referring to persistent offending - then they should be doing the same to a lot of teams.

All the Seahawks have done differently to most teams is have their head coach say something he shouldn't have in the media.

Most teams are doing this with their players. If they don't get penalised, you are effectively taking a 2nd round pick from a team for saying something on a radio show.

vote no

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Seahawks   Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:12 pm

You have to start somewhere.  Might as well start now.  Fine them!

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Seahawks   Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:56 pm

England Dragons wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:

They have been caught cheating several times, they are repeat offenders and unless you make them pay it will happen over and over again.

I could care less about the Seahawks but if they are going to penalise them a 2nd rounder for this offence - there's no mention (yet at least) of this referring to persistent offending - then they should be doing the same to a lot of teams.

All the Seahawks have done differently to most teams is have their head coach say something he shouldn't have in the media.

Most teams are doing this with their players. If they don't get penalised, you are effectively taking a 2nd round pick from a team for saying something on a radio show.

vote no

I was referring to their illegal practices. Pete is just a cheater, anything to get an edge, the guy will hop all over even if it's against the rules. Just like his USC days.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Seahawks   Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:51 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
England Dragons wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:

vote no

I was referring to their illegal practices. Pete is just a cheater, anything to get an edge, the guy will hop all over even if it's against the rules. Just like his USC days.

I hear ya. But the report from Mortensen isn't referring to them being docked a 2nd rounder for repeated offences, or what Carroll did at USC. It's reporting that they may be docked a 2nd rounder for this offense. Which is crazy.

shrug

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Seahawks   Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:09 am

I think magnitude of penalty has to do with how many games this went on for and also how many players were missing. Sounds like Sherman was hurt for half the season which means 8 individual violations.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Seahawks   Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:28 am

It is still withholding information that you have to be transparent with. He did it to gain a competitive advantage and its cheating. I say cheating deserves harsh penalties, love it.

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Seahawks   Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:54 am

I heard that they were already penalized a fifth for off season practice violations and they were talking about bumping that fifth into a second for this violation. In other words, it isn't a straight second, it is an increase in another penalty.

Back to top Go down
Riverside Rottweilers

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Seahawks   Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:36 pm

Thought I'd share this article from espn.com that has been floating around for the past week.
Really interesting read on the Seahawks fall from the top since the SB49 loss.

Back to top Go down
Riverside Rottweilers

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Seahawks   Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:38 pm

Riverside Rottweilers wrote:
Thought I'd share this article from espn.com that has been floating around for the past week.
Really interesting read on the Seahawks fall from the top since the SB49 loss.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/19446657/seattle-seahawks-cornerback-richard-sherman-let-go-problem-nfl-2017

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Seahawks   Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:27 pm

Going back to the trade that brought Jimmy Graham to town...which of course everyone was confused at the time...but after his injury and subsequent season in 2016 where he clearly wasn't 100%...this year things sounded good and headed in the right direction. After watching todays game...I'm back to the trade. Did the owner or GM feel about Graham the way I did, bent over to get him on their team and then just turn him over to a coaching staff that doesn't give a fuck? Or is some other scenario similar to that?

I can't figure out why you would try so hard to make a star out of players on your roster that aren't fucking stars at the expense of using a guy on your roster who is a proven fucking star. I mean seriously, what the fuck is wrong with you? You're like the 20-something year old male driving 10 mph under the speed limit in front of me when the sun is shining high in the sky....you must be HIGH as fuck.

Graham dropped two balls today....yup...he also looked disinterested as fuck (I've watched his entire career) and who can blame him. You fuckin hawkdick ramrods have him out there blocking most of the time so you can juggle between 4 "eh" RBs or so Russell Wilson can wait 3 minutes for one of those over-hyped do-nothing WRs can finally get somewhat open so he can force it at them in triple coverage so what....if it works you can act smug after the game because you're like Belichick and you're finding success with a bunch of no-name pieces of shit?

I blame Graham though. He's clearly willing to let his career fade away for whatever he's being paid to not do over there in raintown.

Oh, and of course I'm no NFL coach or anything, but when you do bother to try to use him you sure look like a fucking retard when you don't even try to use his best attribute (height and my-ball mentality)....yeah, just run him into the middle and through it at his hip...make sense.

You lost today!?!?!?! No way? Do you think it might have something to do with Graham having less targets than Paul "I've been here how long and not done shit" Richardson saw in consecutive snaps? Nah, me neither. Couldn't be that.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Seahawks   Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:29 pm

Really funny. For the life of me I can't figure out why they traded for him. Just a waste.

Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Seahawks   Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:43 pm

Agree 10000000% Andy.. The seachickens are misusing is talent and it pains me to watch..

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Seahawks   Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:06 pm

Quote :
The Seahawks have been fined $100,000 for failing to follow the concussion protocol with Russell Wilson in Week 10.

"There was a failure in the application," the NFL and NFLPA concluded after a joint review. In addition to the fine, both the coaching and medical staffs will be required to attend "remedial training regarding the protocol." It hasn't been usual for the Seahawks to push boundaries during the Pete Carroll era. Their handling of the Wilson situation was so flagrant that the league had to act.

Pete the cheat at it again? Too bad that the 100k is like $1 to the owner...

Back to top Go down
Haddonfield Slashers

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Seahawks   Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:32 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Quote :
[size=30]The Seahawks have been fined $100,000 for failing to follow the concussion protocol with Russell Wilson in Week 10.

[/size]
[size=30]"There was a failure in the application," the NFL and NFLPA concluded after a joint review. In addition to the fine, both the coaching and medical staffs will be required to attend "remedial training regarding the protocol." It hasn't been usual for the Seahawks to push boundaries during the Pete Carroll era. Their handling of the Wilson situation was so flagrant that the league had to act.[/size]

Wow that's some horrible shit, wonder if Wilson was in on it, or if it was a team call

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Seahawks   Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:34 pm

Haddonfield Slashers wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Quote :
[size=30]The Seahawks have been fined $100,000 for failing to follow the concussion protocol with Russell Wilson in Week 10.

[/size]
[size=30]"There was a failure in the application," the NFL and NFLPA concluded after a joint review. In addition to the fine, both the coaching and medical staffs will be required to attend "remedial training regarding the protocol." It hasn't been usual for the Seahawks to push boundaries during the Pete Carroll era. Their handling of the Wilson situation was so flagrant that the league had to act.[/size]

Wow that's some horrible shit, wonder if Wilson was in on it, or if it was a team call

I don't trust anyone in that scuzzy ass organization, and I personally think Russell is a fake.

Back to top Go down
Haddonfield Slashers

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Seahawks   Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:42 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Haddonfield Slashers wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Quote :
[size=46]The Seahawks have been fined $100,000 for failing to follow the concussion protocol with Russell Wilson in Week 10.

[/size]
[size=46]"There was a failure in the application," the NFL and NFLPA concluded after a joint review. In addition to the fine, both the coaching and medical staffs will be required to attend "remedial training regarding the protocol." It hasn't been usual for the Seahawks to push boundaries during the Pete Carroll era. Their handling of the Wilson situation was so flagrant that the league had to act.[/size]

I don't trust anyone in that scuzzy ass organization, and I personally think Russell is a fake.

I can't stand Wilson just seems like a scummer/phony, he suits that team just fine.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Seahawks   Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:48 pm

You fucking liars.

Back to top Go down
Riverside Rottweilers

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Seahawks   Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:16 pm

This same thing has happened with so many other teams. Remember Cam Newton against the Broncos when he was literally sacked every other play, and ended up laying on his back for like 30 seconds trying to see straight. Remember Case Keenum with the Rams when he couldn't stand up because of a hit he took, yet continued to play. Remember Tom Savage a few weeks ago, clearly concussed, allowed to finish out the drive before getting evaluated.

My feeling on it is that everyone does it, which doesn't make it right, but for some reason the league comes down specifically on the Seahawks. The same thing happened with the defensive holding rule and the designation of player injuries on injury reports. Everyone does it, then the Seahawks get penalized for it.

So I agree we clearly deserve the fine, we broke the league rule and its not right to let a player with a concussion continue to play. But if you're going to fine us Goodell, then fine everyone who broke the rule.

Back to top Go down
Haddonfield Slashers

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Seahawks   Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:17 pm

Riverside Rottweilers wrote:
This same thing has happened with so many other teams. Remember Cam Newton against the Broncos when he was literally sacked every other play, and ended up laying on his back for like 30 seconds trying to see straight. Remember Case Keenum with the Rams when he couldn't stand up because of a hit he took, yet continued to play. Remember Tom Savage a few weeks ago, clearly concussed, allowed to finish out the drive before getting evaluated.

My feeling on it is that everyone does it, which doesn't make it right, but for some reason the league comes down specifically on the Seahawks. The same thing happened with the defensive holding rule and the designation of player injuries on injury reports. Everyone does it, then the Seahawks get penalized for it.

So I agree we clearly deserve the fine, we broke the league rule and its not right to let a player with a concussion continue to play. But if you're going to fine us Goodell, then fine everyone who broke the rule.

Geez, you sound like a Pats fan! mock

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Seahawks   Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:58 am

Seahawks have a good press writer. 
"knowingly"
"confusion"

Back to top Go down
MobTown Ravens

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Seahawks   Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:36 pm

Seattle defense keeping Hawks in game...3 TOs

Back to top Go down
http://www.gomariposa.org/
Riverside Rottweilers

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Seahawks   Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:43 pm

Gonna need some help from the Panthers next week but it was good to see today what our defense could do when it was at least partially healthy (minus Kam, Sherm, Avril).

If we sneak in that last wild card spot I think we could make some noise in the playoffs. Already beat the Eagles and Rams, and nearly the Falcons too. Nobody in the NFC would wants to play us.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Seahawks   Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:38 pm

Would be great to see them sit.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Seahawks   

Back to top Go down

Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum