Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Chicago Bears   Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:59 pm

Looks like the Bears may be interested in making a play for V-Jax

Quote :

The Chicago Bears are reportedly interested in pursuing San Diego
Chargers wide receiver Vincent Jackson, who was not tagged as the team’s
franchise player, according to ProFootballTalk.com.

Vaughn McClure of the Chicago Tribune also reported that the Bears are interested in Jackson.
ESPN’s John Clayton also expects the Bears to “make a big run” at Jackson.

Jackson had 60 catches for over 1,100 yards and nine touchdowns last season in San Diego.

Interested to see how this affects both his and Jay Cutler's stock if he really ends up in Chicago.
Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bears   Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:41 pm

I think Eddie Royal is more likely to go to the Bears. VJax would be a much better though

Back to top Go down
http://www.fakeplastictunes.com/
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bears   Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:27 pm

Utah Spazz wrote:
I think Eddie Royal is more likely to go to the Bears. VJax would be a much better though

The Bears already got a boat load of Eddie Royal with Cheese types. They need a big boy, not another small fry.

eating popcorn
Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bears   Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:52 pm

They sign Royal then draft M. Floyd problem solved

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bears   Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:53 pm

I can't see them putting up the money for VJax. The bears need to take care of Forte first. Drafting Michael Floyd makes the most sense to me.

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bears   Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:02 pm

After seeing Lynch get 18M guaranteed of his 31M over 4 yrs. I think signing Forte just got that much more difficult. At this point if I was the Bear brass I'd seriously look at just tagging him again next year. Thus, making him tagged in '12 and '13, run the shit out of him and let him walk at age 28/29. Spend the dollars on the OL, DL, and get some WR help.

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bears   Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:31 pm

I think that is the key in the NFL now, Just Tag your star RB until they have nothing left. Too risky to put them up for a 4-5 year contract. Even in Dynasty leagues it is hard to invest so much into a Star RB when you can get a QB or WR that will be around for much longer.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bears   Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:38 pm

Hamilton Steel Cats wrote:
Utah Spazz wrote:

The Bears already got a boat load of Eddie Royal with Cheese types. They need a big boy, not another small fry.

eating popcorn

I couldn't agree more with this statement. They need to take one out of the Wendy's play book. Where's The Beef?

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bears   Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:00 pm

And the Bears just got DANGEROUS!

Quote :
Jay Glazer ‏ @JayGlazer Close
Major scoopage! The Chicago Bears have agreed to terms of a trade w
Miami for pro bowl WR Brandon Marshall in exchange for 2 third-rounders.

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bears   Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:12 pm

announce Hallelujah!!! Hallelujah!!!

Bears FINALLY have a Legit Number 1 WR for Cutler to throw too.
New Gm Emery moves a pair of 3rd rounders to reunite Cutler and Marshall.

In a word ... Awesome!

fun dance

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bears   Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:18 pm

Look out Packers

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bears   Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:24 pm

Marshall trying to set a record for the number of times he gets traded?

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bears   Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:34 pm

yikes

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bears   Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:53 pm

Great deal for Chicago.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bears   Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:59 pm

Adelaide Empire wrote:
Great deal for Chicago.

Yup

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bears   Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:24 pm

Heard they want a pass rusher now. Not Mario tho. Who is the 2nd best DE on the market?

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bears   Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:29 pm

At least they have someone to back up Cutler if he goes down...

Bears signed QB Jason Campbell to a one-year contract.
The Bears appear to have learned from the ghosts of Caleb Hanie after the lack of a suitable backup to Jay Cutler doomed their 2011 season. It's a poor landing spot for Campbell from a playing-time perspective, as Cutler had missed just one career start since becoming a starter in 2007 before his freak thumb break last season. He'll likely be paid as one of the league's top backups, however, and will get to test the market again in 2013.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bears   Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:54 pm

Atlanta Africans wrote:
Heard they want a pass rusher now. Not Mario tho. Who is the 2nd best DE on the market?

Jeremy Mincey.
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Destroyers

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bears   Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:24 pm

Now to complete the "Denver" overhaul of this team, they just need to bring in Josh McDaniels to coach, and trade away Cutler & Marshall!!

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bears   Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:42 pm

Minnesota Destroyers wrote:
Now to complete the "Denver" overhaul of this team, they just need to bring in Josh McDaniels to coach, and trade away Cutler & Marshall!!

announce no! no! no! a thousand times NO!

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bears   Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:55 pm

Minnesota Destroyers wrote:

too funny.
Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bears   Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:02 pm

Then they could just re-sign Orton! Again!

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bears   Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:15 pm

Good trade for them. The NFC North might have just become the best division in the NFL.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bears   Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:22 pm

@AdamSchefter: Bears WR Brandon Marshall was involved in another incident that could lead to an NFL review.

That didn't take long, lol.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bears   Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:33 pm

Adelaide Empire wrote:
@AdamSchefter: Bears WR Brandon Marshall was involved in another incident that could lead to an NFL review.

That didn't take long, lol.

rofl Amazing

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bears   Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:39 am

can't wait to hear what this is... eating popcorn

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bears   Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:33 am

Adelaide Empire wrote:
Atlanta Africans wrote:

Jeremy Mincey.

Mincey has re-signed with the Jags so he's off the list. Read that the Bears were interested in Wimbley from the Raiders and playing him at DE. No idea if that pans out or not.
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Destroyers

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bears   Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:11 pm

England Dragons wrote:
Adelaide Empire wrote:
Atlanta Africans wrote:

Jeremy Mincey.

Mincey has re-signed with the Jags so he's off the list. Read that the Bears were interested in Wimbley from the Raiders and playing him at DE. No idea if that pans out or not.

He was a decent sack guy for the Raiders, so at the very least they can use him to rush the passer....
Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bears   Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:42 pm

Quote :
The Chicago Bears have signed restricted free-agent running back Kahlil Bell to his one-year tender offer, the team said on Wednesday.

Oh boy. Can't wait to see how Forte reacts to this one.

They sign Bush AND Bell. I think there's a change in the winds!

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bears   Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:08 pm

You can never have enough RB depth. By week 8 a lot of teams are on RB #3. Smart move by the Bears. I still think Forte sucks it up and things work out for him and the Bears. The fact of the matter is RB's are just not a high priority for teams anymore. A top RB in the league has a 4-6 year life span if that. Pound the shit out of them for their Rookie Contract then draft another guy and do the same thing. It is sad but it is true.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bears   Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:25 pm

Utah Spazz wrote:
You can never have enough RB depth. By week 8 a lot of teams are on RB #3. Smart move by the Bears. I still think Forte sucks it up and things work out for him and the Bears. The fact of the matter is RB's are just not a high priority for teams anymore. A top RB in the league has a 4-6 year life span if that. Pound the shit out of them for their Rookie Contract then draft another guy and do the same thing. It is sad but it is true.

Which is exactly why I don't think they give Forte what he wants. I don't know Bush AND Bell kind of seem like they're willing to let him walk.

Back to top Go down
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bears   Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:45 pm

FINALLY the Bears are giving Cutler some guys to throw at. This should get interesting. What a division to watch!!!!! Sands the Vikings.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bears   Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:23 pm

Draft recap from Bleacher Report

Quote :
Draft Picks

Round 1: DE Shea McClellin (Boise State)

Round 2: WR Alshon Jeffery (South Carolina)

Round 3: SS Brandon Hardin (Oregon State)

Round 4: FB Evan Rodriguez (Temple)

Round 5: None

Round 6: CB Isaiah Frey (Nevada)

Round 7: CB Greg McCoy (TCU)

Grade: A

Summary

The Bears nailed it in Rounds 1 and 2 when they grabbed Shea McClellin to line up opposite Julius Peppers and my No. 1 wide receiver, Alshon Jeffery. Phil Emery did a great job in his first draft.

The pick of Brandon Hardin is a little confusing, as they have Major Wright, Chris Conte and Craig Steltz ahead of him on the depth chart.

Evan Rodriguez is incredibly versatile at fullback/tight end/wide receiver. He'll be a surprise playmaker for Jay Cutler.

I really like this landing spot for Jeffery. He should be able to get open and get targets playing across from Brandon Marshall.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bears   Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:35 pm

They stick firmly to the belief that Tice can work wonders with those OL mugs - it may prove their undoing, especially when a guy like Massie fell so much

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bears   Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:14 am

Quote :
The Bears have released Davis, Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune reports. Analysis: The move frees up $2.5 million in salary cap space for the Bears, who made a move to upgrade at tight end Tuesday, by signing Martellus Bennett in free agency.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bears   Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:51 pm

Quote :
Spaeth was released by the Bears on Wednesday, the Chicago Tribune's Brad Biggs reports. Analysis: Spaeth is a solid blocking tight end, but it made sense for the Bears to cut ties and save some cap room. He was unlikely to ever see the $500,000 roster bonus due Thursday, and that was especially true once Martellus Bennett signed in Chicago. Bennett offers a combination of blocking and receiving skills that the Bears didn't have at the tight end position in 2012. Look for Spaeth to catch on elsewhere as a backup. He caught six passes for 28 yards and a touchdown last season.

Sure they can have Bennett do all the blocking.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bears   Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:45 am

Well, same old Bears.

Let's fire Trestman because Cutler sucks. Let's get rid of all of them. Because Jay Cutler sucks. Yep, they're fired because some idiot gave Cutler that contract.

Same old Bears.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bears   Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:48 am

Chicago Bears head coach Marc Trestman was fired Monday, Dec. 29.

Wow, so Culter got another coach fired!?!?! Now I see why he is being labeled as the coach killer......

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bears   Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:05 am

Decatur Demons wrote:
Well, same old Bears.

Let's fire Trestman because Cutler sucks. Let's get rid of all of them. Because Jay Cutler sucks. Yep, they're fired because some idiot gave Cutler that contract.

Same old Bears.

Well Trestman lost the team weeks ago. They stopped playing for him and it was glaringly obvious during that Monday nighter against the Saints. No one appeared to even give a shit that a game was being played. Thus, at that point I knew Trestman was done and was okay with it. The Idiot GM who gave Cutler his contract was pink slipped as well. Good Riddance Emery. Only reason Cutler was not gassed is because of the guaranteed monies owing him.

Fact is shit rolls down hill and the owner of the Bears is a fucking joke to say the least. The President Phillips is Ho-Hum. Thus, when you have shit leaders, you have shit followers, which leaves you with nothing but a lot of shit in the end.

So as easy as it is to make Cutler the full scapegoat in all this mess. That is not really the case. Certainly ain't defending Cutler as he totally crapped it this year. Has a poor image and an over rated persona as a great QB. He's okay. Better than about 14 other NFL supposed QB's and worse than the top 15 or 16 tier. He has flirted with getting into the top say 13 a few times, but alas he is somewhat brain dead when it comes to tossing picks in the other teams red zone.

Anyway, enough Bear talk, they make me wanna puke.

I'm sure they will hire the cheapest GM to then hire the cheapest no name, first time head coach, who will bring in some unknown shit can staff and the cycle of shit flowing down hill can continue under new names for another few years before this cycle repeats once again.

In closing, "Fuck You McCaskey, you dirty cheap assed sack of monkey shit!" ... Hallelujah!

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bears   Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:19 am

thanks for the pep talk

nonono

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bears   Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:11 pm

doh
Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bears   Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:46 pm

I didnt see any tears in this thread since its conception so I guess that means I can continue to be a fan yet one more year.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bears   Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:13 am

theres a couple/few here

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bears   Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:31 pm

Subject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Today at 10:37 am 

Morrison Minions wrote:Littleton SilverBallers wrote:Every time I see Chip Kelly's face I want to punch it???   The guy irritates the Hell out of me 

The dude is turning the Eagles into some damn circus act!!  I can't wait till all this shit he is doing comes back to nip him in the ASS!!  

Not going to happen. The dude is a smart and innovative coach. They will continue to succeed.

I like what he does. Bold moves risk taker. Why have a normal scared to make moves coach?

The Bears still have Cutler because they are scared little girls. I would love Chip to make some bold moves in Chicago. Philly is lucky.

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bears   Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:32 pm

Subject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Today at 11:04 am 

Kingdom City Growlers 2 wrote:Morrison Minions wrote:[size=11]Littleton SilverBallers wrote:Every time I see Chip Kelly's face I want to punch it???   The guy irritates the Hell out of me 

The dude is turning the Eagles into some damn circus act!!  I can't wait till all this shit he is doing comes back to nip him in the ASS!!  

Not going to happen. The dude is a smart and innovative coach. They will continue to succeed.

I like what he does.  Bold moves risk taker.  Why have a normal scared to make moves coach?

The Bears still have Cutler because they are scared little girls.  I would love Chip to make some bold moves in Chicago.  Philly is lucky.

Statements like this make me think bears fans have no memory. Do you remember what it was like having a different QB to start the season 8 of nine years? Do you remember watching Craig Krenzel (5) / Chad Hutchinson (5)/ and Jonathan Quinn (3) start 13 games in one season? Chandler, Mirer, Miller, or fucking Steve Stenstrom? Are these the days you long for???

How about enjoy having a real fucking QB that may win or lose any game. OR dont bitch when you find yourself stuck in the clusterfuck that was 2004...
[/size]

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bears   Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:32 pm

Subject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Today at 11:30 am 

Norfolk Bombers wrote:Kingdom City Growlers 2 wrote:[size=11]Morrison Minions wrote:[size=11]Littleton SilverBallers wrote:Every time I see Chip Kelly's face I want to punch it???   The guy irritates the Hell out of me 

I like what he does.  Bold moves risk taker.  Why have a normal scared to make moves coach?

The Bears still have Cutler because they are scared little girls.  I would love Chip to make some bold moves in Chicago.  Philly is lucky.

Statements like this make me think bears fans have no memory.  Do you remember what it was like having a different QB to start the season 8 of nine years?  Do you remember watching Craig Krenzel (5) / Chad Hutchinson (5)/ and Jonathan Quinn (3) start 13 games in one season?  Chandler, Mirer, Miller, or fucking  Steve Stenstrom?  Are these the days you long for???

How about enjoy having a real fucking QB that may win or lose any game.  OR dont bitch when you find yourself stuck in the clusterfuck that was 2004...
[/size]
Yep I remember----not sure why you think I should be happy with Cutler. Just because he is better than what we have had doesnt mean he is the answer. Make moves Chicago.....strive to be better.
[/size]

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bears   Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:33 pm

Subject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Today at 11:59 am  

I actually like Cutler. He may not be as good as he once was but he's still better then half the QBs in the league IMO

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bears   Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:33 pm

Subject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Today at 12:06 pm 

I love Cutler too. Green Bay plays him twice a year and you know it's only a matter of time before Cutler fucks up and gift wraps a win for us. Nobody is going to win anything with Cutler unless you can get him to play more conservative, he makes a lot of bad decisions.

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bears   Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:34 pm

Subject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Today at 12:25 pm 

Kingdom City Growlers 2 wrote:Norfolk Bombers wrote:[size=11]Kingdom City Growlers 2 wrote:[size=11]Morrison Minions wrote:[size=11]Littleton SilverBallers wrote:Every time I see Chip Kelly's face I want to punch it???   The guy irritates the Hell out of me 

Statements like this make me think bears fans have no memory.  Do you remember what it was like having a different QB to start the season 8 of nine years?  Do you remember watching Craig Krenzel (5) / Chad Hutchinson (5)/ and Jonathan Quinn (3) start 13 games in one season?  Chandler, Mirer, Miller, or fucking  Steve Stenstrom?  Are these the days you long for???

How about enjoy having a real fucking QB that may win or lose any game.  OR dont bitch when you find yourself stuck in the clusterfuck that was 2004...
[/size]
Yep I remember----not sure why you think I should be happy with Cutler.  Just because he is better than what we have had doesnt mean he is the answer.   Make moves Chicago.....strive to be better.
[/size]
What could the Bears have done in the past year to get better? Who was in their grasp that is better than Cutler? Like Parcells said - "Franchise QBs do not grow on Trees"

As you are wishing Culter away, just remember next year you could have Jim Miller part 2 as your starting QB.

[/size]

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bears   Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:34 pm

Subject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles   Today at 1:04 pm 

What's the difference you mind as well have Miller II. Since Cutler became a Bear their record has been 49-47, 1 playoff appearance in 6 season, not exactly Franchise QB material. The only reason you bring Cutler into an organization is if you want your coach fired. FYI that's as many playoff appearances as Miller, who "lead" the Bears to a 13-3 record in 2001. Damn I wish was there was a "drop the mic" smiley face lol

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bears   

Back to top Go down

Chicago Bears
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: