x

Share | 

Matt Forte RB NYJ

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Matt Forte RB NYJ   Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:33 am

Where does he stand? He stands right where the Bears figured him... Not worth the huge contract that eventually gave him... The next injury waiting to happen... And really interchangeable in their offense with other running backs (i.e. bush / allen).

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Matt Forte RB NYJ   Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:24 am

Las Vegas DeGenerates wrote:
Where does he stand? He stands right where the Bears figured him... Not worth the huge contract that eventually gave him... The next injury waiting to happen... And really interchangeable in their offense with other running backs (i.e. bush / allen).

Hard for me to agree...they have chosen to use him in the retarded manner which they do. I understand the injury part of course but his overall results have very much to do with silly stubborn decisions like so many teams roll with these days.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Matt Forte RB NYJ   Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:14 pm

Quote :
Matt Forte was not present as the Bears opened their voluntary workouts Monday. Analysis: The new John Fox/Ryan Pace regime already has a sticky situation on their hands. The highly productive Forte is entering the final year of his contract and wants a new deal. The problem is he'll be 30 before the 2015 season is over and is already owed a healthy $8.2 million in total 2015 compensation. Handing out lucrative extensions to running backs at this age is bad business and Pace knows it. The good news for Pace is that he holds all the leverage -- Forte wouldn't dare sit out the season

They always want a new deal.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Matt Forte RB NYJ   Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:24 pm

Poor Forte, only ging to make 8.2MM this year....

Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Matt Forte RB NYJ   Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:32 pm

He has no choice but to play or retire. He can want all he wants. That's my favorite part of the new CBA

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Matt Forte RB NYJ   Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:44 pm

Quote :
ESPN Boston's Mike Reiss believes free agent Matt Forte "could be a perfect fit" with the Patriots.

The price would have to be right -- the Pats aren't the sort of team to pay top dollar for a 30-year-old running back -- but on paper there isn't a better fit across the league than Forte in Foxboro. Reiss previously suggested the Patriots will "explore the possibility" of signing Forte. LeGarrette Blount is a free agent, while space back Dion Lewis is rehabbing a torn ACL.

Well Forte owners? What are your thoughts?

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Matt Forte RB NYJ   Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:31 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Quote :
ESPN Boston's Mike Reiss believes free agent Matt Forte "could be a perfect fit" with the Patriots.

The price would have to be right -- the Pats aren't the sort of team to pay top dollar for a 30-year-old running back -- but on paper there isn't a better fit across the league than Forte in Foxboro. Reiss previously suggested the Patriots will "explore the possibility" of signing Forte. LeGarrette Blount is a free agent, while space back Dion Lewis is rehabbing a torn ACL.

Well Forte owners? What are your thoughts?

I hope not. As good as it could be I would really dislike having to be at the mercy of Bill's illogical carousel of RB usage.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Matt Forte RB NYJ   Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:56 pm

Not a Forte owner, but if I was I would be pissed if he ended up in NE. Patriots fuck around with their RB's every week to the point they aren't startable! Not good for any fantasy RB, EVER!!

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Matt Forte RB NYJ   Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:19 am

Forte informed he is done as a Bear.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Matt Forte RB NYJ   Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:06 am

If this happens Nick has to invite me over for the Packers Bears game this year. All expenses paid.

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- In a move that made sense from the moment the Chicago Bears told Matt Forte they would not re-sign him, the Green Bay Packers have expressed an interest in the veteran running back, according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter.

Although it would be out of character for Packers general manager Ted Thompson to make an immediate splash -- or even a ripple -- in the early stages of free agency, Forte is an intriguing prospect because of his versatility as both a ball carrier and a receiver out of the backfield. That would make him seemingly a good fit for the Packers’ offense.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Matt Forte RB NYJ   Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:09 am

Kingdom City Growlers 2 wrote:
If this happens Nick has to invite me over for the Packers Bears game this year. All expenses paid.

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- In a move that made sense from the moment the Chicago Bears told Matt Forte they would not re-sign him, the Green Bay Packers have expressed an interest in the veteran running back, according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter.

Although it would be out of character for Packers general manager Ted Thompson to make an immediate splash -- or even a ripple -- in the early stages of free agency, Forte is an intriguing prospect because of his versatility as both a ball carrier and a receiver out of the backfield. That would make him seemingly a good fit for the Packers’ offense.

The only way I want him is if he is cheaper than Starks. Starks has less tread on the tires and has a better YPC average over the past 4 years. I will gladly take Forte, but for under $2.5 million.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Matt Forte RB NYJ   Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:09 pm

Forte to NYJ!!!

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Matt Forte RB NYJ   Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:12 pm

Wow!

shocking

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Matt Forte RB NYJ   Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:15 pm

Great place for him, I am happy. Plus you dont have to invite me over for the packers/bears game now.

Jets agreed to terms with RB Matt Forte, formerly of the Bears.
Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Mar 9 - 3:07 PM

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Matt Forte RB NYJ   Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:22 pm

good landing for him

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Matt Forte RB NYJ   Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:42 pm

I'm sure this will fix all of the Jets' problems rolleyes

Just kidding. Good signing. I'm assuming there's not a lot of long money.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Matt Forte RB NYJ   Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:47 pm

Like this signing by the Jets. I think Forte will be a nice fit in that offense

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Matt Forte RB NYJ   Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:06 pm

Now they need a QB that can throw to him.  I don't have any faith in Geno Smith.

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: Matt Forte RB NYJ   Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:43 pm

I see Matt Forte and Bilal Powell being the same player right now in their careers. Jets will miss the type of running that Ivory does.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Matt Forte RB NYJ   Wed May 24, 2017 11:56 am

Quote :
Morton's remarks suggest that Bilal Powell and Matt Forte will split carries throughout the 2017 season. Although Forte opened the 2016 campaign as the starter, Powell garnered the bulk of the touches as the year progressed. I'd expect that trend to continue this year. Target Powell well ahead of Forte in fantasy football drafts, more so in the mid-rounds. Analysis: New York Jets offensive coordinator John Morton told the media the team is planning on employing a "backfield by committee" approach to their ground game in 2017.

Looking like his bell cow days are finally over.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Matt Forte RB NYJ   Wed May 24, 2017 12:12 pm

Powell sucks. That is all.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Matt Forte RB NYJ   Wed May 24, 2017 12:14 pm

He sucks but the Jets seem to like him. Being a Forte owner last year was VERY frustrating.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Matt Forte RB NYJ   Wed May 24, 2017 12:19 pm

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
He sucks but the Jets seem to like him.  Being a Forte owner last year was VERY frustrating.

Yeah, I owned Forte in one league. The inevitable is happening, but I still think that he is better than BP.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Matt Forte RB NYJ   Wed May 24, 2017 12:19 pm

Yes but we must consider how fucking stupid the Jets are.

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: Matt Forte RB NYJ   Thu May 25, 2017 8:13 am

A true time share in the making. Forte probably more talented, Powell probably less beat up.

Back to top Go down
MobTown Ravens

PostSubject: Re: Matt Forte RB NYJ   Sun May 28, 2017 8:42 am

Forte...Mr. Consistent...never had a rushing season of less than 800 yards in his career and excluding last season, never less than 44 receptions...

Back to top Go down
http://www.gomariposa.org/
Haddonfield Slashers

PostSubject: Re: Matt Forte RB NYJ   Sun May 28, 2017 10:09 am

As a Jets fan a backfield split would be ideal, no false hope in Forte being a workhorse he once was...As a fantasy owner this is a situation to avoid!!

Back to top Go down
Latvia Unicorns

PostSubject: Re: Matt Forte RB NYJ   Sun May 28, 2017 3:37 pm

Powell was a massive difference maker down the stretch a couple of years whenago we were pushing for playoffs. He was effectively our 3rd best receiver after Marshall and Decker. I expect it to be the same again this year with Enunwa/Decker then Powell. He's a much better player than people give him credit for.

Back to top Go down
MobTown Ravens

PostSubject: Re: Matt Forte RB NYJ   Mon May 29, 2017 6:22 am

So Ross, what's your "bold prediction" on the Jets this season? Just read that they face their toughest schedule since 2009.

Back to top Go down
Latvia Unicorns

PostSubject: Re: Matt Forte RB NYJ   Mon May 29, 2017 4:00 pm

MobTown Ravens wrote:
So Ross, what's your "bold prediction" on the Jets this season?  Just read that they face their toughest schedule since 2009.

I don't know if it's bold but I think we go 4-12. We have nothing at the QB position and our OL is horrific. Secondary is poor as well and that doesn't let us utilize our strong DLine, because although teams can't run on us, they can throw for fun.

Back to top Go down
Riverside Rottweilers

PostSubject: Re: Matt Forte RB NYJ   Mon May 29, 2017 6:50 pm

Latvia Unicorns wrote:
MobTown Ravens wrote:
So Ross, what's your "bold prediction" on the Jets this season?  Just read that they face their toughest schedule since 2009.

I don't know if it's bold but I think we go 4-12. We have nothing at the QB position and our OL is horrific. Secondary is poor as well and that doesn't let us utilize our strong DLine, because although teams can't run on us, they can throw for fun.

Just looked at their schedule. They play some really tough teams after their week 11 bye.

Back to top Go down
MobTown Ravens

PostSubject: Re: Matt Forte RB NYJ   Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:43 am

Not looking good..."6. NYJ - RB Matt Forte on the bubble?

Source: ESPNNewYork.com - Rich Cimini

New York Jets RB Matt Forte is believed to be on the final roster bubble, in the opinion of ESPNNewYork.com's Rich Cimini. Cimini cites Forte's age and the presence of RB Bilal Powell and rookie RB Elijah McGuire as the main reasons for Forte's potential departure.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Matt Forte RB NYJ   Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:41 am

Pretty to send commiseration cards to the boss laughing

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Matt Forte RB NYJ   Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:42 am

lol3

Quote :
Matt Forte classified trade rumors surrounding his name as "fake news."
"There’s nothing to even talk about," Forte said after the preseason finale. "Fake news." Forte also said GM Mike Maccagnan told him that reports are "not true." The Jets have every reason to explore the trade market for Forte, but they're unlikely to find any takers for Forte's fully guaranteed $4 million base salary. Gang Green would gain nothing by releasing the 31-year-old.

Back to top Go down
Latvia Unicorns

PostSubject: Re: Matt Forte RB NYJ   Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:07 pm

Bilal Powell was so much more explosive last season. Forte won't make a difference to the roster positive or negative. Doesn't help that our line can't block and no one will respect the passing game this year.

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Matt Forte RB NYJ   Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:10 pm

MobTown Ravens wrote:
Not looking good..."6. NYJ - RB Matt Forte on the bubble?

Source: ESPNNewYork.com - Rich Cimini

New York Jets RB Matt Forte is believed to be on the final roster bubble, in the opinion of ESPNNewYork.com's Rich Cimini. Cimini cites Forte's age and the presence of RB Bilal Powell and rookie RB Elijah McGuire as the main reasons for Forte's potential departure.

Cutting him makes no sense as his salary is fully gtd.

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Matt Forte RB NYJ   Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:15 pm

Maybe salary gets offset if he signs somewhere else. And then Jets can roster someone else.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Matt Forte RB NYJ   

Back to top Go down

Matt Forte RB NYJ
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: