HomeLog inRegisterFAQSearch

Share | 

Random RWP info

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:09 am

I could always change mine from Littleton to Denver.  That way people would know exactly where I am at

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:12 am

Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
I could always change mine from Littleton to Denver.  That way people would know exactly where I am at

Nobody has to change their team names. We just had a prospect that went with a name that didn't look legit at all and when I called him on it he used the power of google to determine there was in fact a town called "Lone Star" but he didn't know that shit either...so in my eyes he was circumventing the intent to do whatever the fuck he wanted.

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:19 am

Minnesota Eternals wrote:

Nobody has to change their team names.  We just had a prospect that went with a name that didn't look legit at all and when I called him on it he used the power of google to determine there was in fact a town called "Lone Star" but he didn't know that shit either...so in my eyes he was circumventing the intent to do whatever the fuck he wanted.  

and then he quit which is fortunate for us. Better to know early that someone isn't worthy rather then after hes been granted a RW team...

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:21 am

Is this where everyone comes to ask what about me?

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:30 am

Nobody has to change their team names.  We just had a prospect that went with a name that didn't look legit at all and when I called him on it he used the power of google to determine there was in fact a town called "Lone Star" but he didn't know that shit either...so in my eyes he was circumventing the intent to do whatever the fuck he wanted.  

So you're not going to accept my team being from Drunken, Louisiana? What if I'm Facebook friends with someone from there? You guys are ballbusters.
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:33 am

Winsted Psychos wrote:

and then he quit which is fortunate for us.  Better to know early that someone isn't worthy rather then after hes been granted a RW team...

Oh absolutely...I think he took something very small and ran with it and his main point was that I am running a "kangaroo court" where I just change shit whenever I want. I don't think that is an accurate portrayal of me but I also don't give two shits to change someone's mind of that either.

I do think it was a good thing for him to move on. If that's all it took to get under his skin, I have no doubt if he had become a full owner a headache was in my future.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:34 am

DDT wrote:

So you're not going to accept my team being from Drunken, Louisiana?  What if I'm Facebook friends with someone from there?  You guys are ballbusters.  

ass kicking

lol3

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:55 am

Winsted Psychos wrote:

and then he quit which is fortunate for us.  Better to know early that someone isn't worthy rather then after hes been granted a RW team...

Oh absolutely...I think he took something very small and ran with it and his main point was that I am running a "kangaroo court" where I just change shit whenever I want.  I don't think that is an accurate portrayal of me but I also don't give two shits to change someone's mind of that either.  

I do think it was a good thing for him to move on.  If that's all it took to get under his skin, I have no doubt if he had become a full owner a headache was in my future.

He definitely would have been 1 and done. Most likely would have bailed on his team before season end as well.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:57 am

So would the South Park Scientologists fly? Or Springfield Isotopes?

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:11 am

Winsted Psychos wrote:

He definitely would have been 1 and done.  Most likely would have bailed on his team before season end as well.

Some people just can't handle the heat. I have been waiting for a league as interactive as this. Guys that are knowledgeable, that you can talk smack with, that live for fantasy. A little slice of heaven.
Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:18 am

Hey since it's not trademarked anymore can I be the Washington Redskins?

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:03 pm

DDT wrote:
So would the South Park Scientologists fly?  Or Springfield Isotopes?

Yes, those team names would work.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:07 pm

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
Hey since it's not trademarked anymore can I be the Washington Redskins?  

No.

1. I have enough to do without changing your shit again already. laughing
2. Borrrrrrrrring!
3. While obviously many would disagree, I hate the pussification of America and how after a shit ton of years we ran out of problems and turned of the whining over that team name as if we don't have bigger fish to fry, therefore if you wanted to really do this I would require you actually make the name even less PC like "Washington....errr.... let's not go there. wink

hammer

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:18 pm

Laughing

But I have the credits!

troll

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:20 pm

Laughing

But I have the credits!  

troll

I have a BACKSPACE key on my computer too. vote yes

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:29 am

People don't read the bylaws very carefully...
Quote :
The President may override any of these rules at any time if an unforeseen event or situation presents itself that may be detrimental to the club.
Quote :
The President will have final say on any ruling to settle conflicts and or disputes and will always have the clubs best interest in mind.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:35 pm

San Francisco Golddiggers wrote:
People don't read the bylaws very carefully...
Quote :
The President may override any of these rules at any time if an unforeseen event or situation presents itself that may be detrimental to the club.
Quote :
The President will have final say on any ruling to settle conflicts and or disputes and will always have the clubs best interest in mind.

pay attention

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:24 pm

Based on my last couple of posts, I am apparently a real fiery cunt today! lol 2

Let it be another example of how I am just like that...not angry one bit today but on the warpath for fun I guess.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:59 pm

Based on my last couple of posts, I am apparently a real fiery cunt today! lol 2

Let it be another example of how I am just like that...not angry one bit today but on the warpath for fun I guess.

Today?

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:05 am

Decatur Freakshow wrote:

Today?

I said "fiery" Bob. The cunt got fiery today. Don't you dare say I am fiery every day. You shut your whore mouth right now Mr.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:27 pm

CONTRACT DEADLINE IS COMING!!!

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:14 am

8 players were wiped off of this list http://rosterwars.forumotion.com/t2605-nflfa-s-being-tracked-bylaw-r-3 thanks to Rob pointing out that I erroneously added players acquired during our RFA auction.

Thanks Rob and hopefully I don't forget this again next year.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:58 am

The deadline is...

End of the month...July 31st by 11:59PM CT

Reminder. Reminder. Hit the snooze button if you want but make sure your ass is outta bed, teeth brushed and shirts are tucked the fuck in by 23:59 tomorrow fat-bodies!!!

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:26 am

SIR, YES SIR!!!!

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:49 pm

sleep sleep sleep

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:09 pm

Andy I like the new welcome message but you might want to fix the buttons somehow.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:16 pm

Andy I like the new welcome message but you might want to fix the buttons somehow.

Yeah, come on Andy, that just looks like trash. Clean it up! vote no

mock

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:39 pm

Thanks for the heads up.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:43 pm

Should be fixed...wish everything was that simple.

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:01 pm

Also..."onE-of-a-kind"

I like it, though!

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:40 pm

Baja Beatniks wrote:
Also..."onE-of-a-kind"

I like it, though!

Thanks. I caught another mistake earlier but clearly I should have proof-read the thing more carefully.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:26 pm

4 teams left to declare contracts. Can anyone stuff it up...?

thinking2

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:33 pm

England Dragons wrote:
4 teams left to declare contracts. Can anyone stuff it up...?

thinking2

Some guy driving an 18 wheeler with his knees might!

Shocked

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:22 am

Cutting it close is really dangerous. I hope nobodies computer dies in the last minute.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:29 pm

Right now everything is focused on getting the RWTC started up and going smoothly. Tons will be going on around here so visit often.

One thing I need to address is how some details are organized and what access different members have and such. I will be working on that ASAP.

I am confident that everything will so nice once I have the chance to get through it all and this is a very exciting time as we have new folks joining us who really appear to have something to add to what we have been building here for the last couple years.

Keep kickin ass everyone!

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:16 pm

To the existing owners who are partaking in the RWTC, if you have the $25 in your account and want me to get you paid up using that just shoot me an email and give me the green light to handle it.

Or give me the word to shoot a request via paypal to get it that way.

Thanks

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:25 pm

Send me a paypal request and I will pay you tonight.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:51 pm

Naperville Divine wrote:
Send me a paypal request and I will pay you tonight.

Done. Thanks

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:33 am

Guys, in preparing the RWTC league I discovered that something very important to me was not included in their bylaws which meant it wasn't covered in ours....and while it has never come up and never would with this group, I have added the following to bylaw O.1

The act of picking up players and releasing them to lock them from your opponent is called "roster churning" and is strictly prohibited. If a player is added and dropped in the same week that player will be unlocked so that they are accessible to other teams on a FCFS basis.

Thank you.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:49 am

Well as SOME may notice, things have moved around a bit. I am not done. I know SOME will be annoyed by this but oh well. Over the next (insert who knows what amount of time) I will be working to make things here make more sense based on the games we have going on and the different levels of membership.

I have a big to-do list and I just prioritized it so hopefully I can get better about knocking shit off and moving to next one.

There is so much going on and I really appreciate all the efforts you folks have been giving to make Roster Wars the best damn league out there. For those who have been here since the start like I have, isn't it wild to see how far we have come?

It should be real busy around here the rest of the year so check in often.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:49 am

Haha it has been a wild ride. It would be cool to have some kind of legend posted somewhere so we know who can read what forums (based on membership level.)

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:55 am

Haha it has been a wild ride.  It would be cool to have some kind of legend posted somewhere so we know who can read what forums (based on membership level.)  

It's like you're in my head man. That is part of the plan.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:58 am

Haha it has been a wild ride.  It would be cool to have some kind of legend posted somewhere so we know who can read what forums (based on membership level.)  

It's like you're in my head man.  That is part of the plan.

Don't want to interrupt the work of the Wizard of Oz but it would be helpful for some of the new guys to have access to the bios/intros of some of the original/current members. With teams having names here that probably aren't used in other places, it is likely that many of us are in other leagues with some of the Roster Wars crew but don't know that.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:01 am

Bergen Brawlers wrote:

Don't want to interrupt the work of the Wizard of Oz but it would be helpful for some of the new guys to have access to the bios/intros of some of the original/current members.  With teams having names here that probably aren't used in other places, it is likely that many of us are in other leagues with some of the Roster Wars crew but don't know that.

Agreed. Also on my list and something I hope to address very soon. Thanks

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:03 am

I don't know why you would plan to put Justin in your head.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:04 am

Bergen Brawlers wrote:

Don't want to interrupt the work of the Wizard of Oz but it would be helpful for some of the new guys to have access to the bios/intros of some of the original/current members.  With teams having names here that probably aren't used in other places, it is likely that many of us are in other leagues with some of the Roster Wars crew but don't know that.

Agreed.  Also on my list and something I hope to address very soon.  Thanks

Maybe relocate the contact information thread to a different spot if we make personal threads more public?

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:09 am

Bergen Brawlers wrote:

Agreed.  Also on my list and something I hope to address very soon.  Thanks

Maybe relocate the contact information thread to a different spot if we make personal threads more public?  

That could be an option. I just didn't know if everyone would be cool with those threads being accessible to other members (would never make it open to anyone).

What I have been thinking is having myself or someone else go compile all the intros from every owner in this league and cleaning it up into one concise post or I would present it in another way around here.....like something to accompany the OWNER HISTORY piece.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:21 am

I like that idea. Keep the personal updates threads to a more limited audience but have the bio-get-to-know-you intro posts available to all.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:11 am

Yeah.. I wouldn't be cool with my whole thread being public.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:58 am

I agree- make them separate

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   

Back to top Go down

Random RWP info
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 19 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum