Share | 

Marcus Mariota QB TEN

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Marcus Mariota QB TEN   Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:59 pm

One of the top QB draft prospects.

Last edited by Mohawk Ridge Marauders on Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cybertron Screamers

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Mariota QB TEN   Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:14 pm

Heisman curse anyone?

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Mariota QB TEN   Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:43 am

Bucs curse anyone?

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Mariota QB TEN   Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:11 am

I'm just not sure he'll be that great. Granted, I have not watched Oregon a ton.. But the throws he's making are to wide open guys. He's not fitting the ball into a tight window. I remember watching a show on Brady and how he was taken so late... During the show, they were talking to Belicheck about what caught the scout's eye with Brady. He said that during Brady's final year he showed great leadership having to platoon with Henson, but more importantly, he was throwing perfect passes into tight windows where only his guy could catch it.

Whenever I see these spread QBs throwing to WRs who have 10 yards of separation, it reminds me of Pro Days where they are throwing against no defense.

I'm just not that impressed with Mariota on the field.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Mariota QB TEN   Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:26 am

Everything is speculation about how he'll progress as a pro, but that's the fun of it right. Pro coaches are always going to work on footwork and mechanics. How well can he master those? Can he read defenses? Can he move around in the pocket and keep his eyes downfield? Is he going to tuck and run at the first sign of pressure? Will he go through his progressions before running? Will he even be drafted by a team where he's in a position to succeed? I have lots of question but I like him enough to draft him high. It'll be interesting seeing Mariota on Gruden's QB camp, love that show and I think it shows some insight to the QB's intelligence and football knowledge

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Mariota QB TEN   Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:41 pm

Did anyone see Mariotta crying after the game? He was probably thinking about all of the millions that he just lost with that shitty performance. Cardale Jones who has played 3 games looks like the better NFL QB prospect.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Mariota QB TEN   Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:41 pm

Not sure Mariotta lost much value last night. Someone will draft him top five and say they can fix him....

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Mariota QB TEN   Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:46 pm

The question I need answered is whether he is a product of the system or is he is really that good?   I am leaning toward a product of the system which makes me very skeptical...

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Mariota QB TEN   Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:55 pm

He doesnt look very durable. Bosa fell on him and I thought he was going to break in half. He has very skinny arms. I dont think he is getting any mayonaise.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Mariota QB TEN   Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:18 am

Quote :
In recent years many of the top quarterbacks have elected not to throw at the annual scouting combine, opting instead to wait until their personal pro days.

Marcus Mariota may not have a choice, as he's only now starting to throw again after suffering a sprain in the AC joint of his shoulder in the national championship game loss to Ohio State on Jan. 12.

"Right now we're still making that decision, whether to throw at the combine. I had to kinda rest about a week-and-a-half," Mariota said, according to Honolulu's staradvertiser.com. "I sprained the AC [shoulder] joint. But now, I'm able to throw. Feels good."

The combine this year will be held Feb. 17-23. Oregon's pro day will take place in March.

Mariota was in his native Hawaii this weekend to attend the Polynesian Football Hall of Fame enshrinement of Luther Elliss, Russ Francis, Jesse Sapolu, Ray Schoenke, Mosi Tatupu and Mark Tuinei.

He and his family elected to attend the enshrinement rather than compete in the 2015 Senior Bowl -- a game the redshirt junior was eligible for because he had already graduated from Oregon.

"I had an opportunity to go to the Senior Bowl," Mariota said. "But as a family we decided it was best to come here and be a part of this. Being able to meet all these men is pretty remarkable. They paved the way for me and Polynesian athletes everywhere. For us, it's really just saying, 'Thank you.'"

Given the Heisman Trophy winner's incredible success at Oregon, Mariota's workout may not seem important to his final grade. Mariota completed a sparkling 66.75 percent of his passes over the past three seasons for the Ducks for 10,796 yards and threw 105 touchdowns against just 14 interceptions. The speedy 6-foot-4, 219-pounder also ran for another 2,237 yards and 29 scores, earning comparisons to San Francisco's Colin Kaepernick for his dazzling dual-threat capabilities.

Few of the passes Mariota attempted at Oregon, however, translate directly to most NFL offenses and there are concerns that he will struggle with durability should he run often against NFL defenses.

Mariota is battling with Florida State's Jameis Winston to be the first quarterback selected. At this time, Winston has overtaken Mariota atop NFLDraftScout.com's board.

While there are plenty of concerns about Winston off the field, his success in a pro style offense makes him an easier projection to the NFL. He is the more accurate passer from the pocket. A strong showing in Indianapolis with Mariota sidelined could give Winston momentum as the draft nears.

Sources close to NFLDraftScout.com's No. 3-rated quarterback Brett Hundley suggest that the UCLA quarterback will fully participate at the combine.

According to the staradvertiser.com report, Mariota has been training in San Diego with Kevin O'Connell and Ryan Flaherty of Prolific Athletes.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Mariota QB TEN   Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:08 am

I saw a recent article on ESPN that projected he's gonna go to the Jets. I like him a lot but if he goes to the Jets he dropped quite a few spots on my list

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Mariota QB TEN   Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:57 am

Only way I see him going to the Jets is if they trade up. I see Mariota and Winston going early. I don't think they should, but they likely will.

I would not be surpsrised if Philly trades up to get Mariota as he is a Chip Kelly boy. I think it hinges on what they can get for Foles. If they get a decent enough offer for Foles, they may up the price and land a top 2 pick and snag Mariota. Winston could go #1 overall to TBay. Tennessee could then trade down with Philly as it would get Philly there supposed golden boy QB, and Tennessee has about 15 holes to fill and could use the picks. They would then likely let Mettenberger man the QB helm for '15 and see if he has a future as a starter or not.

coffee

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Mariota QB TEN   Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:21 pm

I have mixed emotions about Mariota. I need to sort them out before May. Even the analysts are mixed on this guy.

I think he ends up solid but I sitting would be best for 2 years. Nobody likes that idea though.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Mariota QB TEN   Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:53 pm

4.52 40 and his footwork looked pretty good.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Mariota QB TEN   Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:14 pm

My #1 QB, I just can't trust Winston. IMO Tampa will take Mariota

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Mariota QB TEN   Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:17 pm

Wanna put a Jackson on that fish man?! I'll put $20 on Winston, you put $20 on Mariota. If they pick anyone else it's a push.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Mariota QB TEN   Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:20 pm

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
Wanna put a Jackson on that fish man?!  I'll put $20 on Winston, you put $20 on Mariota.  If they pick anyone else it's a push.  

eating popcorn

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Mariota QB TEN   Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:30 pm

DANNNNN. COME TO THE BOARD!

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Mariota QB TEN   Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:16 pm

Good combine, but I still am not sold on this guy being good enough to be drafted in the 1st. Whoever takes him, IMO, will be reaching by a couple rounds

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Mariota QB TEN   Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:24 am

Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
Good combine, but I still am not sold on this guy being good enough to be drafted in the 1st.  Whoever takes him, IMO, will be reaching by a couple rounds
I think both of the top two Qb's are sub par really. One throws too many interceptions and the other is a product of his weird arse college system.
I would be trading down if I were the Bucs and I would wait to draft them in the mid to low 1st in a league such as ours. Then again sitting at 3 I hope they both go 1 and 2 :)

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Mariota QB TEN   Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:18 am

I wish Lovie would take a D player-------and get Hundley later.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Mariota QB TEN   Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:27 am

It's another Peyton Manning/Ryan Leaf scenario... Wait a minute which one is Peyton Manning again? confused

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Mariota QB TEN   Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:36 am

Nahh, neither of these guys will end up like Ryan Leaf! Nothing has changed for me regarding Mariota, he is fast, sure, but I just can't help the reservations I have about the whole system thing, can he adjust to a pro style? I don't know...

Winston on the other hand, played in a pro system, has a better arm, and really showed his football IQ at the combine from all the reports I have seen. I don't think he is actually worth the #1 overall pick, but considering the dropoff to Mariota and the fact that there aren't any QB's worth taking after Mariota, I think TB has to pull the trigger at #1 and take their man... I would be shocked if they take Mariota or any other non-QB!

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Mariota QB TEN   Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:21 pm

Holy shit. Titans took him!

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Mariota QB TEN   Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:25 pm

For now. Will he be one Friday morning????

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Mariota QB TEN   Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:28 pm

I think so.

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Mariota QB TEN   Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:31 pm

If their smart the Titans keep him but we'll see how desperate for him the Eagles get.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Mariota QB TEN   Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:33 pm

So much for him not throwing interceptions. First drive, first int.

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Mariota QB TEN   Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:53 pm

I blame Sankey. He didn't even try for it.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Mariota QB TEN   Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:36 pm

Mama said there'd be days like this....I'm actually excited for him, isn't this how Peyton started off on that dreadful Colt's team? wink (No comparisons intended or implied). lol3

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Mariota QB TEN   Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:31 pm

I've been saying that if they start Mariota day 1 they're going to regret it. He needs time to develop (IMO)

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Mariota QB TEN   Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:36 pm

I've been saying that if they start Mariota day 1 they're going to regret it.  He needs time to develop (IMO)

yes   Sure would have enjoyed seeing him with Chip, but talk about "the game moving too fast"...Sheesh.  Looked lost and over matched, without much support.  I know, "just" pre-season...Exactly, just pre-season and he's floundering.  Hard to watch after all those action packed games with the Ducks. TEN only has "Mettenburglarer" so I think it will be Mariota til he drops.  Hope it doesn't shake his confidence.  Like to see some of that College spark in future games/years?

Last edited by Oaktown Malosos on Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Mariota QB TEN   Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:41 pm

He doesn't look like he can pass the ball more than 20 yards through the air. It's almost like you can see an imaginary line circling his radius.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Mariota QB TEN   Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:00 am

I may be an Ass hole, but I'm not sure why I like to see him and Winston struggle???  For some reason I am wanting them to not be that good  shrug

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Mariota QB TEN   Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:13 pm

Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
I may be an Ass hole, but I'm not sure why I like to see him and Winston struggle???  For some reason I am wanting them to not be that good  shrug

Don't know about that, but it's funny as hell.lol 2

Good news is, guess I'm only 1/2 and @sshole...I only feel that way about Winston. Evil laugh

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Mariota QB TEN   Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:05 pm

I but there are some Bucs fans chugging bleach right now. A bit of an overreaction but damn did he look good today.

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Mariota QB TEN   Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:10 pm

Some Jameis owners should be chugging some white stuff too....wink,wink

#FuckJameisItoldyouMarcusWasBetter

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Mariota QB TEN   Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:13 pm

Laughing

Not going to overreact just yet but you may be right.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Mariota QB TEN   Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:53 am

vote yes

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Mariota QB TEN   Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:06 am

I but there are some Bucs fans chugging bleach right now.  A bit of an overreaction but damn did he look good today.

And a bunch of Eagles fans.

Back to top Go down
Kirksville Growlers

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Mariota QB TEN   Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:44 pm

Looked damn good in game 1

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Mariota QB TEN   Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:07 pm

I but there are some Bucs fans chugging bleach right now.  A bit of an overreaction but damn did he look good today.

It'd bad enough to take a guy at #1 and watch him suck in his first game. Worse still to watch the guy you passed over for him do well.

But for those two things to be happening at the same time on the same field at home...yikes. That would not have been a fun game to watch.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Mariota QB TEN   Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:20 pm

I'm still not buying it. I will say that he looked the part in week 1, but I don't think he is who he showed. We will see I guess, but he will face much tougher defenses.

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Mariota QB TEN   Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:31 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
I'm still not buying it. I will say that he looked the part in week 1, but I don't think he is who he showed. We will see I guess, but he will face much tougher defenses.

Chip Kelly should have tried a little harder to pull off a trade for him.... He would be great in the Eagles offense.. Bradford not so much...

Back to top Go down
Kirksville Growlers

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Mariota QB TEN   Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:16 am

Im gonna start him in a league this week, boom or bust start against Cleveland.

Starting him over Tanny and Kappy

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Mariota QB TEN   Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:35 am

Quote :
Marcus Mariota did not take any sacks Week 9 against the Saints.

Titans quarterbacks had taken at least one sack in every game this season before Week 9, and Zach Mettenberger was sacked seven times last week against the Texans. Interim coach Mike Mularkey made several changes to the offensive line including benching rookie RT Jeremiah Poutasi in his first week in charge, and those changes appeared to be effective. It is too early to say the protection problems are fixed, but Mariota has shown he is a dangerous quarterback when given time.

Man he has showed flashes of greatness. Who is Marcus MAR-E-O-TOE (As Goodell would say)?

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Mariota QB TEN   Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:55 pm

I like the Kid; but aren't most QB's better "...when given time"?

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Mariota QB TEN   Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:14 pm

Titans coach Mike Mularkey insists Marcus Mariota is going to run more this season.
Quote :
Mariota rushed just 34 times in 12 appearances last season, something Mularkey says was partially due to injury. He insists this year will be different. "It's going to be in the game plan," the coach said. "We're going to obviously take what the defense is going to give us. ... So there's no set number of runs, but if we can — I mean you talk about a threat, a serious threat and a problem for defenses, it's him running." Nine quarterbacks attempted at least 50 rushes in 2015. It would be shocking if Mariota weren't one of them this season.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Mariota QB TEN   Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:20 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Titans coach Mike Mularkey insists Marcus Mariota is going to run more this season.
Quote :
Mariota rushed just 34 times in 12 appearances last season, something Mularkey says was partially due to injury. He insists this year will be different. "It's going to be in the game plan," the coach said. "We're going to obviously take what the defense is going to give us. ... So there's no set number of runs, but if we can — I mean you talk about a threat, a serious threat and a problem for defenses, it's him running." Nine quarterbacks attempted at least 50 rushes in 2015. It would be shocking if Mariota weren't one of them this season.

Smart plan. Too many coaches these days try to fit a square peg into a round hole

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Mariota QB TEN   Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:35 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Mariota QB TEN   

Back to top Go down

Marcus Mariota QB TEN
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-