:: I forgot my password
x

Share | 

Jimmy Garoppolo QB NE

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Jimmy Garoppolo QB NE   Fri May 09, 2014 8:24 pm

Very interesting pick. Last pick of the 2nd round.

Back to top Go down
Vegas Beach Tiger Sharks

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Garoppolo QB NE   Fri May 09, 2014 11:31 pm

FUCKING GROSS.

No wait, I changed my mind. He went 23-22 at his D-1AA school. Guy's a winner.

Is there a rule that Brady's replacement needs to be drafted 3-4 years before Brady retires? I missed that. Must be though, otherwise this would feel like a huge fucking waste of a 2nd round pick.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Garoppolo QB NE   Sat May 10, 2014 10:57 am

From the hoodie:

Quote :
“With the situation we have at quarterback, I think that we felt as an organization that we needed to address that to some degree in the future, so we’ll see how all that works out,” said Belichick. “But I think you’re better off being early than late at that position.”
Belichick said he constantly talks with Brady, hinting that the future Hall of Famer was aware of the team’s intentions to draft another quarterback.
“We know what Ryan’s contract situation is. We know what Tom’s age and contract situation is. I don’t think you want to have one quarterback on your team,” he said. “We’ve had four, we’ve had three, we’ve had two. So whatever’s best for the team, that’s what we’ll do. Nothing is set in stone. We’ve had different numbers of guys at different positions. I don’t think there’s any concrete formula. We’ll do what’s best for the team.”

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Garoppolo QB NE   Sat May 10, 2014 12:28 pm

Garoppolo is below average IMO,   I just don't see the upside,   certainly have a hard time seeing him as a worthy replacement for Brady...   And why tak him in the second?   He would have been there later for certain,  if he got drafted at all...

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Garoppolo QB NE   Sun May 11, 2014 4:50 pm

As usual, his drafts baffle me. I've learned to live with it though, and sometimes it even turns out to be a good class.

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Garoppolo QB NE   Sun May 11, 2014 10:22 pm

Belichick is just lighting a fire under Brady. :)

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Garoppolo QB NE   Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:14 am

Quote :
ESPN Boston's Mike Reiss came away from spring practices believing Jimmy Garoppolo is "on the cusp" of being ready to be a legitimate NFL starter.

One of the best beat men in the nation and the first to really talk up Dion Lewis last spring, Reiss emerged from OTAs believing teammates had embraced Garoppolo as a leader, and that Garoppolo showed full command of the offense. "He naturally has a better understanding of the team’s complex offensive system, understanding not only his own responsibilities but those of other players as well," Reiss wrote. Garoppolo is currently slated to start Weeks 1-4 against the Cardinals, Dolphins, Texans, and Bills. If Garoppolo plays well in Arizona, he might be worth streamer consideration back in Foxboro versus Miami.

I know it's only 4 games. But this is basically an audition. Can he be a quality NFL starter? I think he has the tools.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Garoppolo QB NE   Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:54 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Quote :
ESPN Boston's Mike Reiss came away from spring practices believing Jimmy Garoppolo is "on the cusp" of being ready to be a legitimate NFL starter.

One of the best beat men in the nation and the first to really talk up Dion Lewis last spring, Reiss emerged from OTAs believing teammates had embraced Garoppolo as a leader, and that Garoppolo showed full command of the offense. "He naturally has a better understanding of the team’s complex offensive system, understanding not only his own responsibilities but those of other players as well," Reiss wrote. Garoppolo is currently slated to start Weeks 1-4 against the Cardinals, Dolphins, Texans, and Bills. If Garoppolo plays well in Arizona, he might be worth streamer consideration back in Foxboro versus Miami.

I know it's only 4 games. But this is basically an audition. Can he be a quality NFL starter? I think he has the tools.
What QB doesn't have the tools at that level? It's all about reading defenses, being able to go through your progressions quickly, timing, pocket presence. Tools are rarely the issue IMO.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Garoppolo QB NE   Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:26 pm

Ummm, tons of QB's don't have the tools at this level, even as backups. Some are more equipped than others, and I think Jimmy G is one of those guys.

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Garoppolo QB NE   Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:59 pm

Monster first half with over 200yds and 3 TD's but the shoulder injury is not good news.  My early guess, dislocated.  But then again, I'm no medical expert. shrug

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Garoppolo QB NE   Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:53 am

Quote :
Updating an ongoing story, New England Patriots QB Jimmy Garoppolo (shoulder) could miss six weeks based on the early indications, according to a source. Garoppolo is still undergoing tests in the shoulder.

So he won't play again before Tom comes back.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Garoppolo QB NE   Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:06 am

That dude was lighting it up, I feel bad for him. The next two weeks were a great opportunity for him to showcase his abilities and get PAID.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Garoppolo QB NE   Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:18 am

That play looked really eerily similar to the hit Rodgers took when he broke his collar bone. Sucks because he was playing so good..

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Garoppolo QB NE   Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:36 am

On Mike and Mike this morning they were asking if Garoppolo is worth trading the 3rd pick in the draft. In my opinion no. Hell no! I have to believe that his "success" up to this point has a lot to do with Belichek and the system. I don't know why AJ McCarron isn't on more teams radar. I think when Dalton got injured McCarron proved he can play and lead a team, he would have won a playoff game as well if it wasn't for idiot Burflict imploding the defense when the Bengals had that game won.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Garoppolo QB NE   Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:54 am

I can see Garappolo turning out like another Matt Cassel. All good in NE, then they go somewhere else and suck!

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Garoppolo QB NE   Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:35 am

Or most recently Brock Osweiler. I'd much rather draft a Deshaun Watson who will be on the cheap through his rookie contract and probably has just as good a chance at being successful as Garoppolo

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Garoppolo QB NE   Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:34 pm

Agree with Dan that it's a high pick + a big contract for Garoppolo. 49ers better not make that trade.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Garoppolo QB NE   Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:17 pm

If a team gives up more than the 3rd the Pats would get in comp picks they would be crazy... Wait a year and he is a FA.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Garoppolo QB NE   Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:22 pm

Norfolk Bombers wrote:
If a team gives up more than the 3rd the Pats would get in comp picks they would be crazy... Wait a year and he is a FA.

Agreed, but these GM's are looking to win now, and a young QB with promise is 90% of the battle. If he pans out, you look like a genius. If he fails like Cassel, you are most likely gone (in a lot of cases). Waiting a year for some of these guys is not an option.

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Garoppolo QB NE   Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:37 pm

I don't think Garoppolo is that good. He is average QB. He has Cleveland Browns all over him. He is slightly more athletic version of Colt McCoy.

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Garoppolo QB NE   Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:15 pm

I absolutely believe someone will give up more than a third for him. I am guessing some team thinks they can bring him in, sell him on their system and resign him. I could be wrong though, that is why other people get paid the big bucks, to make decisions like that.

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Garoppolo QB NE   Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:42 pm

Not holding my breath anymore. Recent reports are fairly certain he is staying in Foxborough behind the GOAT.

I don't want to be this guy but... I am now the #1 guy hoping Brady gets decapitated on his way to the stadium week 1.

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Garoppolo QB NE   Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:50 pm

California Nightmare wrote:
Not holding my breath anymore. Recent reports are fairly certain he is staying in Foxborough behind the GOAT.

I don't want to be this guy but... I am now the #1 guy hoping Brady gets decapitated on his way to the stadium week 1.

Ya disappointed he is staying but on the other side it's great news that NE values him that much to not want to lose him. I see him starting after one more season by Brady.

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Garoppolo QB NE   Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:54 pm

I think they just said he's not available to bump his trade value even higher

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Garoppolo QB NE   Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:44 am

What kind of deal will NE have to give him to keep him in a year when he's a FA. Seems strange

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Garoppolo QB NE   Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:55 am

Really making me regret buying him in one of my superflex leagues recently. I certainly thought he would be moved and I could turn a profit. Maybe in the long run it works out if Brady retires sooner rather than later and he takes over the helm there and has success.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Garoppolo QB NE   Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:16 am

I am in a league that he is being give what would be equivilent to a SFT this year. Guy is going all in on him and giving him a long contract.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Garoppolo QB NE   Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:09 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
I am in a league that he is being give what would be equivilent to a SFT this year. Guy is going all in on him and giving him a long contract.
STOP READING MY MIND

Andy he is haxxing me! He gave away my tag secrets. I am formally making an informal complaint.

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Garoppolo QB NE   Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:18 am

Once the draft gets closer, I bet they move him for #12 and another pick, especially after they trade both their 1st and 2nd this year.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Garoppolo QB NE   Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:21 pm

Hmm, I am starting to think that the Patriots are asking too much. Chances are he will be a #2 behind Brady again this season.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Garoppolo QB NE   Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:24 pm

Don't think they want to trade him. I think they genuinely see him as Brady's replacement in a year or two.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Garoppolo QB NE   Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:26 pm

England Dragons wrote:
Don't think they want to trade him. I think they genuinely see him as Brady's replacement in a year or two.

Ya you might be right. The price they are asking is preposterous.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Garoppolo QB NE   

Back to top Go down

Jimmy Garoppolo QB NE
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: